MSP 2007 Earned Value Over Time Chart - Removing Zeros from pivot

Hi,

I've created an Earned Value Over Time Visual Report.  The figures look ok
but on the pivot table the values drop to zero after the status date.

Just wanted to know if there is a of deleting the zeroed rows from the pivot
table as it's quite annoying that on the graph the values drop to zero after
the status date.  I've tried  to delete these rows and I get message saying
that I cannot do this.

I've tried to hide the offending rows as well but it still appears on the
graph.

Can anyone help?

project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hello Dean Nichols,

Have you considered copying/pasting the non-zero data and
charting just that portion?

I agree, showing the zero values after the status date is odd.
Hiding the rows doesn't help -- but I was able to quickly get a
much more meaningful chart by copy/paste and then charting the
copied data.

I hope this helps.  Let us know how you get along.

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
information about Microsoft Project

On 2/16/2010 9:22 AM, Dean Nichols wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've created an Earned Value Over Time Visual Report.  The figures look ok
> but on the pivot table the values drop to zero after the status date.
>
> Just wanted to know if there is a of deleting the zeroed rows from the pivot
> table as it's quite annoying that on the graph the values drop to zero after
> the status date.  I've tried  to delete these rows and I get message saying
> that I cannot do this.
>
> I've tried to hide the offending rows as well but it still appears on the
> graph.
>
> Can anyone help?

0
JulieS
2/16/2010 2:57:59 PM
I don't think you could do that in MPP, but it wouldn't be too hard to modify
the XLS template to perhaps display another worksheet without the post-status
date rows.

- Andrew Lavinsky
Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm

> Hi,
>
> I've created an Earned Value Over Time Visual Report.  The figures
> look ok but on the pivot table the values drop to zero after the
> status date.
>
> Just wanted to know if there is a of deleting the zeroed rows from the
> pivot table as it's quite annoying that on the graph the values drop
> to zero after the status date.  I've tried  to delete these rows and I
> get message saying that I cannot do this.
>
> I've tried to hide the offending rows as well but it still appears on
> the graph.
>
> Can anyone help?

0
Andrew