Microsoft project 2007 resources help

Hi all,

Three questions:
1. What the constraint A<B,C means and how can I entering in the MSP?
2. I have 3 kinds of human resources. Lets say for example, kind A are
engineers. I have 8 of them and everyone is costing 1500 Euros/month.
Task A needs 4 engineers. How can I assign them to the task and add the
appropriate cost?
3. I have 3 machines as a resource. Each machine has a usage cost of
3000 euros per task and function cost 2400 euros per month. How can I
assign them in the appropriate tasks? And how can I distribute their
cost?

Thank you in advance

--
loukas_t
loukas_t's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/153572.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
loukas_t
11/23/2009 6:39:00 PM
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi,

No idea what you mean by A<B,C. Please explain

In the View Resource Sheet
Enter a Resource Engineer.
Set Max units to 800%
Set rate to the relevant Euro / hour (per month is not accurate as number of
working hours per month changes).
Enter Machines as a Resource
Enter cost/use of Euro 3000
Enter hourly rate

For each Task, assign resources (see help for assigning Resources) and costs
will display accurately

In a Gantt Chart select Window Split. Make sure the hours of work estimated
is accurate as Project calculates cost on hours*rate plus cost per use.

--

Rod Gill
Microsoft MVP for Project

Author of the only book on Project VBA, see:
http://www.projectvbabook.com

"loukas_t" <loukas_t.424c3a@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Hi all,
>
> Three questions:
> 1. What the constraint A<B,C means and how can I entering in the MSP?
> 2. I have 3 kinds of human resources. Lets say for example, kind A are
> engineers. I have 8 of them and everyone is costing 1500 Euros/month.
> Task A needs 4 engineers. How can I assign them to the task and add the
> appropriate cost?
> 3. I have 3 machines as a resource. Each machine has a usage cost of
> 3000 euros per task and function cost 2400 euros per month. How can I
> assign them in the appropriate tasks? And how can I distribute their
> cost?
>
> Thank you in advance
>

> --
> loukas_t
> loukas_t's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/153572.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1274342.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

> signature database 4631 (20091123) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4631 (20091123) __________

http://www.eset.com

0
Rod
11/24/2009 2:52:51 AM
Rod thank you for the help.

Lets say that A,B,C are tasks and the relationship of these tasks (as a
dapendence) is A<B,C. Does it mean that B and C are predecessors of A or what?

Is it clear?
--
-

"Rod Gill" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> No idea what you mean by A<B,C. Please explain
>
> In the View Resource Sheet
> Enter a Resource Engineer.
> Set Max units to 800%
> Set rate to the relevant Euro / hour (per month is not accurate as number of
> working hours per month changes).
> Enter Machines as a Resource
> Enter cost/use of Euro 3000
> Enter hourly rate
>
> For each Task, assign resources (see help for assigning Resources) and costs
> will display accurately
>
> In a Gantt Chart select Window Split. Make sure the hours of work estimated
> is accurate as Project calculates cost on hours*rate plus cost per use.
>
> --
>
> Rod Gill
> Microsoft MVP for Project
>
> Author of the only book on Project VBA, see:
> http://www.projectvbabook.com
>

> "loukas_t" <loukas_t.424c3a@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Three questions:
> > 1. What the constraint A<B,C means and how can I entering in the MSP?
> > 2. I have 3 kinds of human resources. Lets say for example, kind A are
> > engineers. I have 8 of them and everyone is costing 1500 Euros/month.
> > Task A needs 4 engineers. How can I assign them to the task and add the
> > appropriate cost?
> > 3. I have 3 machines as a resource. Each machine has a usage cost of
> > 3000 euros per task and function cost 2400 euros per month. How can I
> > assign them in the appropriate tasks? And how can I distribute their
> > cost?
> >
> > Thank you in advance
> >

> > --
> > loukas_t
> > loukas_t's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/153572.htm
> > View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1274342.htm
> >
> > http://forums.techarena.in

> > signature database 4631 (20091123) __________

> > http://www.eset.com
> >

> __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4631 (20091123) __________

> http://www.eset.com
>

> .

A<B means nothing to me except in an algebra context. What does it mean to
you? If you don't know, please ask the person who old you!

--

<-> wrote in message
> [...]
>> > Task A needs 4 engineers. How can I assign them to the task and add the
>> > appropriate cost?
>> > 3. I have 3 machines as a resource. Each machine has a usage cost of
>> > 3000 euros per task and function cost 2400 euros per month. How can I
>> > assign them in the appropriate tasks? And how can I distribute their
>> > cost?
>> >
>> > Thank you in advance
>> >

>> > --
>> > loukas_t
>> > loukas_t's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/153572.htm
>> > View this thread:
>> > http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1274342.htm
>> >
>> > http://forums.techarena.in
>> >

>> > __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus
>> > signature database 4631 (20091123) __________
>> >
>> > The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.

11/24/2009 8:10:30 AM
I found this type of a constraint in a project's contents table. Anyway
I think this declares that task A has predecessors B and C.

Thanks Rod

--
loukas_t
loukas_t's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/153572.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1274344.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
loukas_t
11/24/2009 8:43:19 AM
I'd ask the person who put it there.
This sort of information needs to be interpreted in order to make any sort
of modeling decision.

-Jack Dahlgren

"loukas_t" <loukas_t.425ezb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> I found this type of a constraint in a project's contents table. Anyway
> I think this declares that task A has predecessors B and C.
>
> Thanks Rod
>

> --
> loukas_t
> loukas_t's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/153572.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1274344.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

0
Jack

newbie needs help
Hello, First to let you all know, I am a big novice at this kind of stuff, so please bear with me. What I am trying to do is make a trendchart with 9 different plots on it. How do I change the numbers on the side and bottom of the chart to read what I need them to? I take these tests 3 times a week and would like to chart all of them seperately and also together to chart progress for a whole month. One for each day, and then one for the month. Then I would like to do the same for the following months of the year. And I would like to have one chart to show the progress for the whole...

Help! Unable to mount public folder store event 9519
Hi, I am getting the following error when tring to mount the public folder store. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9519 Date: 11/01/2006 Time: 00:10:26 User: N/A Computer: SERVER Description: Error 0x8004010f starting database "First Storage Group\f7967383-856a-4b7f-9023-37c269a0e908" on the Microsoft Exchange Information Store. Look up of DB Info failed. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. I have tried numerous ms kb articles to no avail. I did find this on a news group :- -------------...

Formula help/suggestions?
I'm looking for help some help with a formula. How would I go about a formula for automatically adding 8 hours to a number each calendar month? I would like to open it and have it done for me if that's possible rather than having to remember to add it each month or forgetting if I did or not. For instance, i start out with the # 248 in a cell that I would like to automatically add 8 to each calendar month. "Gadgetman" <stoojz3@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:stoojz3-96EE83.15151022012011@usenet.ptd.net... > I'm looking for help some help with a formula....

Outlook 2007 mail templates
I have som old html mail templates i used in office 2003, i can't figure out how i use them in office 2007, how do i install them into office 2007? html stationery or outlook template format? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to ...

Exchange Server 2007 Public Folders Permission issue
We have a consultants folder with over a hundred sub folders. Is there any way to propagate the permissions down to all the sub folders? Get-PublicFolder \<Parent_Folder_Tree>\Consultants -Recurse | Add-PublicFolderClientPermission -AccessRights <see_help_for_optoins> -User <Domain\User> -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Stuart Reicher" <StuartReicher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF14A00D-D9E6-486D-9237-C7ED652524F5@microsoft.com... > We have a cons...

SBS2008
Have a customer who has a telephone system that uses an IMAP connectionj to the users Inbox to pick up voicemails. Since upgrading from Exchange 2003 (SBS2003) to Exchange 2007 (SBS2008) this has stopped working. Users userrnames and passwords are still the same. I've setup Outlook to make an IMAP connection to their mailbox but this doesn't appear to work, I guess this is why their telephone can't logon either. I just get a box come up prompting for a username and password ?? Is their more to it in Exchange 2007 than just doing the regular Outlook IMAP set...

Exchange 2007 Error Updating Free/Busy Information
Here's the Message we're receiving in our event log. The Messaging environment was moved from Exchange 2000 to 2007. "Error updating public folder with free/busy information on virtual machine EXCHSVR. The error number is 0x80040115" This error looks like it started after the DST Time change. Any ideas? ...

Outlook 2007 Folder Status Notification
I am having issues w/the Folder Status message. It used to tell me "All folders are up to date.", now it is just saying "This folder is up to date." Anyway to make it go back? I am using a corporate version of XP as the OS if you need that. Thanks, Sophie ...

I need help with a formula
Hi everyone I'm making a stock list sheet and I like to put on it the value - and + .. like when I take boxes out it will give me the total and when I add in it will change also. This is for a weekly count. I'm very new to excel so please H-E-L-P-. I need the instruction like u give it to a child. :) :) Thanks a lot -- pampam ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pampam's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26224 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395241 We need ...

integration microsoft crm 4.0-sharepoint server 2007
Hello, I searched information about integration microsoft crm 4.0 with sharepoint server 2007, but I didn't find something, I don't know if I can integrate that.. Can you tell me about that? Thanks!! yorleni_jimenez@yahoo.com Hi, Yes, you can get both integrated. You mostly need to work on MOSS side. Following blog is on CRM 3 and MOSS but it will give you pretty good idea; http://rehmangul.wordpress.com/2007/05/08/ms-crm-and-sharepoint-2007-integration/ -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MV...

Need Exchange limit help
I have a new SBS 2008 Server setup in a manufacturing environment. Two users within the company send and receive large CAD files. How do I allow this process? Right now one user is try to send a 185MB file and it is saying "the message being sent exceeds the message size established for this user." I have tried setting the limit in the console to 10GB and now I have unchecked the "enforce the mailbox quotas" box and he still can't send. If I go into the Exchange Management Console I still don't see how I can make this work. Is this something that...

Access 2007 Runtime with OLE Object
I have form control bound to an OLE Object. The users are told to right click the OLE object on the form and make a reference by link, but the users are not able to right click on the OLE bound control when they are using 2007 Runtime. How can I allow the users to make a reference to an OLE Object when they are using 2007 Runtime? -- IT Guy From Arkansas Maybe there's another way .. is there a way to let the user browse to the location of the file and then put the location as a hyperlink in a table field? ...

formula help 02-10-10
Hi- Issue: 211 310 410 569 Would like to accomplish: 2211 2310 2410 2569 How do I add number 2 infront of the above ISSUE numbers as I have thousands of line to do. Soth If your number is in column A then in column B type =2 & A1 and copy it down. -- -John http://www.jmbundy.blogspot.com/ Please rate when your question is answered to help us and others know what is helpful. "Soth" wrote: > Hi- > > Issue: > 211 > 310 > 410 > 569 > > Would like to accomplish: > 2211 > 2310 > 2410 > 2...

Microsoft project resources
Hi New to project, Can I allocate 2 sets of resources and how do I do it.? Hi, I'm afraid you cannot allocate a "set of resources". You can define a resource that represents a group of people (say "painters") with a capacity (Max. Units) equal to the number of resources you have (say 500%) and then allocate that resource to tasks - but you cannnot tel Project that "painters" equald Joe, Jim, Francis or Harry - whatever individual resources. It's either or: the "skill" resource or the individual one(s) But once you can ...

Microsoft Project Plan for Great Plains Installation
Does anyone have a microsoft project plan for Great Plains implementation? I will backup what Richard says. We have template built form the upgrade manual, then customize that for each client that we upgrade. My boss considers that proprietary information, so I can't share. Sorry... David "Richard L. Whaley" wrote: > In 37 years of implementing systems, I have found that any pre-written > implementation plan is incorrect. They need to be custom written based on > your firm's needs and requirements. > > -- > Richard L. Whaley > Author / Consult...

Calendar 2000 & 2007 Status of Meeting Attendees Changing
I have a client who has set up a meeting and sent an update and the following occurs: "once I sent an update, my attendees changed to “optional” from “required” and the tracking is inaccurate as someone who accepted is not showing up as receiving a response. Another attendee did not receive the update at all." She also is asking whether or not it makes a difference is she uses a distribution list in her meeting invitation. Can anyhone shed any light on why this is happening? -- LPS ...

xslt stylesheets as assembly resources?
I like the idea of doing transforms on XML data via stylesheet, but I don't like having to manage lots of .xslt files. Is there a standardized approach to storing xslt strings in a .net application? Hi arvee Good question - start by setting the Build Action on your .xsl files to embedded resource. Then you can get access to the files using the following code: Dim a As System.Reflection.Assembly = System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly Dim s As IO.Stream = a.GetManifestResourceStream("AssemblyName.test.xsl") Dim sr As New IO.StreamReader(s) MessageBox.Show(sr.Rea...

OL2003 uses 100% of CPU resources after shutdown
If leaving my computer on over night with OL2003 with Business Contact Manager (BCM) running usually results in OL2003 stop responding but maintain 100% CPU usage. Even shutting down OL2003 w/BCM does not free up the CPU, which still shows OL2003 claiming 100% CPU usage. This also prevents my computer from going into power standby mode. How do I resolve this issue? ...

Outlook 2007
Hi All I have a mail server configured on a IPv6 only machine. I would like to specify my POP3 account with these IPv6 Addresses as the Incoming mail server and SMTP server. For that in the Email Accounts i want to use IPv6 addresses. This is not working, i have also tried using the IPv6 address resolved name also, still it doesn't work. It works fine with IPv4 address and hostname. Can anyone help me solve this problem. Thanks Anilkumar Can you PING the IPv6 address? Can you use a HOSTS file to map the address to a name? <anilgkonline@gmail.com> wrote in message news:11781...

Help with Hurricane Database
I work at the Corporate office of a fast food chain. We have almost 1000 stores in 10 states - mostly in the South. We have many stores in the hurricane zones. During Rita and Katrina we decided we needed a better way to track how our stores are affected and what help we could provide. I've designed a database to do this. I have three main tables: tblHurricane Info: fldHurricaneYear fldHurricaneName tblUnitInfo: fldUnit - the unit number assigned to the store fldAddress fldCity fldState fldZip fldPhone fldDO fldMgr tblUnitForm fldAutoNumber fldUnit fldHurricaneName fldPr...

Outlook Certification Help
Do you need additional proof that you are an Outlook genius? Would you enjoy the respect and additional income that could come from being able to help everyone in your office on Microsoft Outlook? Get your Outlook Specialist certification and realize the benefits it can have. "Are You Certifiable (In Outlook, At Least)" is available at http://www.linkemup.us/areyoucertifiable.htm for only $18. It will go through each subject on the test and help you to prepare for this certification. If you do not plan to get certified but need a little extra help on using Outlook it is an excell...

Quickbooks Online Integration to Microsoft RMS
Has anyone had any luck integrating Quickbooks On Line to Microsoft RMS? If so, how is the data shared? Andrea, Doesn't work, only QBP. -- * "Andrea" <Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:249F08AC-F53B-429F-A3EE-71FDFBA38BE0@microsoft.com... Has anyone had any luck integrating Quickbooks On Line to Microsoft RMS? If so, how is the data shared? Does QB Online accept a quickbooks file (.iif I think) to be imported? If so, you could use the accounting type "Quickbooks File"... -- -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tiberc...

INSTALING MICROSOFT MONEY2004
INSTALLING MONEY 04 A WARNING SAYS I HAVE A ANTIVIRUS FIREWALL ON MY COMUPTER WHAT DO I NEED TO DO CAN SOMEONE OUT THERE HELP ME. THANK YOU. For a start don't SHOUT. It is a) rude and b) hard to read. Uninstall the firewall (or try disabling); install Money; reinstall firewall. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "DALE CARTER" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:497401c3ab68$0ac384c0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >...

Looking for help...I can't send e-mail using CRM web client
I'm having a problem with trying to send e-mails vie the CRM web client. When I try to send the e-mail I get a pop-up with the message in bold "Unexpected Error" "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator". I've checked the event logs, no errors are showing up in either my CRM server or my exchange server. I'm lost, new to CRM. Any help or ideas is appreciated. Thanks, You could try to add pre-windows2000 account to the administrator group on the exchange server. Some time that helps "Marty" wrote:...

Font format of rich edit ctrl in dialogs, Help!
Hi, I have used a lot of rich edit ctrl in my dialogs (I am sorry that I haven't use edit ctrl instead) and I found one problem now. The text displayed initially in the ctrl (set by DoDataExchange()) has different font format with the text which users type in later. Any experienced people can tell me the functions to make these two font same? Otherwise I think I will have to change about 100 rich edit ctrl to edit ctrl besides a lot of codes. Thank you a lot. -- Best regards, Kelvin ...