Microsoft Prject 2003 Updating Resource Usage

In Project 2003 when i update the progress of a taskto a percentage complete,
does this automatically update the resource usage sheet ?
For example. If I have a task assigned to a resource that is 8 hrs, and I
update the task to 50% complete, I would expect to see the resource hours, on
the resource usage view change from 8 to 4
Is this incorrect ?
If so, how can i see Remaining Hours on a Resource Usage view. I don't see a
selection for this in the dropdown options.
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi,
I'm afraid remaining work is indeed not available as an option in the
timescaled (the right) part of  a Usage view.
You can insert remaining work as a column in the left part, and/or show both
Work and Actual Work.
Hope this helps,

--
Jan De Messemaeker
Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional
"Mike" <Mike @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Project 2003 when i update the progress of a taskto a percentage
> complete,
> does this automatically update the resource usage sheet ?
> For example. If I have a task assigned to a resource that is 8 hrs, and I
> update the task to 50% complete, I would expect to see the resource hours,
> on
> the resource usage view change from 8 to 4
> Is this incorrect ?
> If so, how can i see Remaining Hours on a Resource Usage view. I don't see
> selection for this in the dropdown options.

0
Jan

Outlook 2003 #108
I receive the following error messages when sending mail using Outlook: "Can't contact LDAP Directory Server (81)" Encryption problems "Microsoft Office Outlook had problems encrypting this message because the following recipients had missing or invalid certificates or conflicting encryption capabilities: Marjorie.Walters@state.sd.us Continue will encrypt and send message but the listed recipients may not be able to read it. Microsoft Office Word: "An error occured in the underlying security system." "LDAP Directory is unavailable (52)" How ...

Outlook 2003 Newsgroups and Business Manager
Hi, I've Outlook 2003 and I tried to use it to read newsgroups, using the customize in the menu bar and putting the option news on the go menu. It worked, but only the first time. The optino news now disapeared from the menu go, and from the customize. Where it go? I tried to repair and don't fix. Another thing is the Business Manager that I installed I think version beta, that crashes often, but I imagine that we can't have a solution on that without more info. Thanks Joao Bras Hi - I have the identical application - and the identical problem. I used the following work-arou...

XML and PivotTables on Excel 2003
Hi, I've got an enormous XML file I'm attempting analyze through pivot tables. For small versions of the file, I can load the whole thing into the worksheet, and construct a Pivot table from the list. But I have a file that is large enough to go far beyond the worksheet size limitations in Excel (64K rows). I've tried loading my XML into Access, but that doesn't seem to give me anything meaningful. (It seems to remove the hierarchy from the XML). I'd like an "XML Datasource" option to Pivot table, but that doesn't seem to be available. Can anyone gi...

RE: Use important pack from Microsoft Corp.
--tyvfmhpfkrslgtv Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="lkryprwpfgi"; type="multipart/alternative" --lkryprwpfgi Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="qytmxtjaaa" --qytmxtjaaa Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer from these vulnerab...

IMF Not Updating HELP!
I'm having a problem and I hope someone can help. I configured IMF a couple of days ago. (Definitions are from 2005) It seems to be working great. I have the gateway set at 6 and the store at 4. So far getting very good results. But I can not update the definition files. I added the regisry key ContentFilterState and set to 1 I restarted SMTP service I triple check these settings, I've read all the documentation I can find on IMF. I've also checked to be sure I'm using Microsoft update and not WU. I go to Microsoft Update and press custom. I don't see the update listed....

excel not updating text boxes
i have several charts with textboxes lind to specific cells within my workbook. inside these cells are formulas that calculate values that I am trying to display on my charts in the text boxes. My calculations are set to automatic, but these text boxes are not updating unless i click in the formula bar for each of them and hit "enter." since i have several charts i don't want to be doing this hundreds of times a day. I have a total lack of confidence that my chart text boxes are displaying the correct values. is there some way to force them to update, maybe wit...

Update in Progress message doesn't go away
All my accounts were working OK until I had to change the online setup for just 2 of my accounts. After that, only these 2 accounts continue working OK. For the rest of them all I get is the 'Update in Progress' message. What can I do?, where can I see the logs? Thanks, MV -- MV ...

Microsoft CRM Asynchronous Processing Service (client)
We recently moved our deployment from one server to another. We were having issues this morning and when I started to look into things like are the services running, I notices two instances of Microsoft CRM Asynchronous Processing Service. 1) Microsoft CRM Asynchronous Processing Service 2) Microsoft CRM Asynchronous Processing Service (client) Does anyone have any idea what the 2nd one is? I've never seen that before. Jim Have you installed microsoft data migration manager ? if i recall my memory the second one is because of data migration manager . ------ Aamir Blog : http://ms...

Recipient Update Service not incrementing msExchServer1HighestUSN
I have a situation where the recipient update service fails after 1-2 days, and I have to restart the server (Windows 2003 / Exchange 2003 SP1). After a restart (the System Attendant will not respond at this point) a new user account does get stamped with email addresses, but the msExchServer1HighestUSN value is not incremented. If I manually run an update on the RUS, then the msExchServer1HighestUSN value changes, other than that it never increments... Am I misunderstanding the way this process works, or should this value be incremented if the RUS is working? Any help would be grea...

Microsoft Money 2001 #5
I an using Microsoft Money 2001 but when I enter a stock tranction.. Share, company name, sybmol, country. in the list of country ' India ' is not there. and there is no option to add.. How do I solve it ? Pls guide. ...

Extract and count unique entries in a list (Excel 2003)
I have a list of items (all text strings, but some rows are blank) in column A. I want to extract a list of all the unique text strings and to count how many occurrences there are of each one. I've had a look at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#CountingUnique but it doesn't quite do what I want. Any help would be gratefully received. Gavin Hi if this is a one-time operation try to use 'Data - filter - Advanced Filter' and check 'Unique entries' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "gavin" <no-one@home.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag n...

Exchange tabs missing on 2 other 2003 DC's
I have a simple question (I hope) I used to have a 2000 GC with exchange 2000 on it. I have now moved to a 2003 domain and have migrated to Exchange 2003. This is all on 1 server, and I know "now" that having the GC on the Exchange server is not a good idea (but we all make due on a limited budget). I have just recently added 2 DC in a hope to move the GC off of the exchange server. Here is my question: Why are the Exchange tabs missing from the 2 other DC’s? I was under the impression that I did not have to install the Exchange management tools on the other DC’s. If this...

Can I Edit The View In Outlook 2003 CalendarTo Be A Six Day Week
I know the choices up top are for a five and seven day week, but I'd like to see Monday through Saturday excluding just Sunday. Can I customize the view and am just missing it? TIA! On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 15:08:17 -0500, Pulu wrote: >I know the choices up top are for a five and seven day week, but I'd >like to see Monday through Saturday excluding just Sunday. Can I >customize the view and am just missing it? > >TIA! Think I got it, Alt-6! I'll try the Alt+6, but I usually have four days in my calendar view, and I highlight the range of days in the...

How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1?
How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1? On 2/26/08 5:15 PM, in article ee8ee56.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "mollycat@officeformac.com" <mollycat@officeformac.com> wrote: > How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office > 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1? Delete these two files: ~:Library:Preferences:Microsoft:Office 2008:Microsoft Office 2008 Settings.plist where ~ is your home folder, and HD:Applications:Microsoft Office 2008:Office:OfficePID.plist -- Diane, ...

Migrating to Exchange 2003 Test
I am trying to go to Exchange 2003 (test environment) Here is my senerio Ser-1 Domain controler AD & global catalog server (W2K) Ser-2 Exchange-2000 with restored database (W2K) Ser-3 Exchange-2003 (W2K3) did run forestprep and domainprep before I installed Exchange 2003 no errors. I am always logged on as administrator to the domain on any server, & al Exchange services are running. Problem: No event log errors system or Application on any server Ser-2 I can see the mailboxes from Ser-2 and Ser-3 Ser-3 I can see the mailboxes from Ser-3 but not from Ser-2 The info. store is not moun...

Exchange 2003 #20
I'm using Veritas Backup Exec 9.1 on a W2k Server to backup Exchange 2003. I am unable to get a backup of our Public folders and and mailboxes. When the Public Folders get backed-up it tells me that there are 67 corrupt files. It then backs-up the mailboxes and tells me that 10,751 files were skipped and 1 file was corrupt. All other backups ok fine and are successful. How can I get a backups of our mailboxes and public folders? It this an issue with Veritas backup exec or Exchange? This has only occured since I migrated from exchange 2000 to 2003 Cheers Did you install all Verita...

Why does "windows in taskbar" not work in excel 2003
I am running Excel 2003 on WindowsXP Pro and the Windows in Taskbar does not work. Sometimes the Excel icon in the taskbar will disapear when you click on it; I have to click Alt+Tab in order to see and get to the open Excel session at that point. I ran Excel /regserver and Detect and repair and no luck. Try: Tools > Options > View and ensure Windows In Taskbar is checked. HTH hey DNA, Thanks for the reply but it doesn't work. basically when I turn it off and apply and then switch it back on it works but when Excel is closed and reopend, it no longer works. Anybody? &...

Exchange 2003 computer account
I am running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 network (AD). One of my admins was trying to test the exchange restore, but he screwed up. He setup a test network, isolated from production network. He tried to do restore from tape, etc, etc. I still don't know exactly what he did, but our production exchange is not part of network anymore.. I notice the Exchange server name was missing from Exchange Domain Servers groups in AD. So I added back in. The computer name is still in AD. However we cannot login into Exchange server into domain. When I try to do that, I get a message that says: Window...

Security price updates.
I have noticed that my price updates for stocks etc. have been slow and intermittent over the last week or so. Is this further evidence that Microsoft has lost interest in supporting Money. I am running the current version of Money Plus Deluxe. ...

Re-Installing Microsoft Word
I need to re-install microsoft word where can I go to get the download -- keepitmovn keepitmovn wrote: > I need to re-install microsoft word where can I go to get the download There is no download other than the trial version of Office 2007 (http://us20.trymicrosoftoffice.com/product.aspx?sku=3203819&culture=en-US) or the beta of Office 2010 (http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/default.aspx), both of which will eventually expire. When you first got Office, was it bundled with a new computer? If so, you should have gotten a CD for reinstalling; if you never got ...

Outlook 2000 vs 2003
We have a bunch of public folders that our Outlook 2000 users have had no problems seeing or using the views (on an exchange 2003 server). Recently a few random people sometime cannot display a particular public folder, or the view won't filter properly. If you use 2003 under the same account, the everything works perfectly What's the scoop? -Rob T. ...

The updating is not applicable to the system in use
Hi to everybody! Everything starts with an error of Windows Update during the application of updatings and precisely: WindowsUpdate fails error: 800B0100. In the attempt of solution of the problem, someone has been recommended me of reinstallare Windows Update in autonomous formality unloading the packet related to the version of installed Windows. Being the version Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bits, the relative packet it results to be: Vista 32bit: Windows6.0-KB942288-v2-x86.msu 1.7 MB . Sinned that its execution is stopped by the signaling : "The updating is not app...

Calculating age from two date fields-Excel 2003
I'm not sure what section this question should go in. I need to find if a person was 40 years of age or older (= or >) at his Date of Hire. I have two columns, Birth Date and Date of Hire. How would I write a formula to give me this answer? Thanks in advance Try this: A1 = DOB B1 = DOH =DATEDIF(A1,B1,"y")>=40 That will return either TRUE or FALSE -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Veteran of the Software Cycles" <VeteranoftheSoftwareCycles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97B155B5-68F0-49EB-910C-549B84737765@microsoft.com... > I...

Advanced filter poor performance in Excel 2003
I have an advanced filter executed in VBA that worked great until upgrading to Excel 2003. When I put in criteria the first time, the filtering works fine, but when the criteria row is blanked out so that all rows are unhidden, it takes forever for that to happen. I suspect that every formula on the sheet is being recalculated. Is there a technical explanation for why this problem happens now? Is there a way to work around this without setting the sheet calculation option to manual? I've seen slow downs when filtering, but usually showing all the rows is quicker--well at...

Update Query
Hi Guys, Just a quick question, in the query design window, how can I update a list of number to +1 from the final number in the list TIA Lez I'm assuming you mean the original value + 1? Try something like: Make your query an update query. In the updatefield.. [YourUpdateField]+1 Where yourupdatefield = your field that needs updating. Be sure it's a field and it's placed between square brackets otherwise all fields will be updated with the text "YourUpdateField+1". Anyway a backup would be a great thing to make just before you run this query... hth -- Maur...