Macros Disabled

Dear sir ,
     I have written macros for a sheet.But when I step into it, it show a
message macros in this project are disabled, Please refer online help or
documentation of the host application to determine how to enable it. I have
already set the security to medium. Besides we dont have any Macro enabled
sheet like Excel for MSP right?
--
Amey B. Vidvans,
Planning Engineer

Hello Amey,

In Microsoft Project, there is a setting under Tools > Options, Security
tab.  By default the macro security level in Project is set to "High"
and all unsigned macros are disabled.

Try setting the macro security to low in Project and see if you are
successful.

I hope this helps.  Let us know how you get along.

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
information about Microsoft Project

On 1/27/2010 7:08 AM, Amey wrote:
> Dear sir ,
>       I have written macros for a sheet.But when I step into it, it show a
> message macros in this project are disabled, Please refer online help or
> documentation of the host application to determine how to enable it. I have
> already set the security to medium. Besides we dont have any Macro enabled
> sheet like Excel for MSP right?
0
JulieS

Moving macro/toolbar to another workbook file
This is killing me. I know I've used the "Organizer" to copy macros and toolbars to other workbook files. Well I don't know if I've used it in Excel, but I have used it in Word and on Mac OS 9.2 recently. I thought that I've used it on my Win XP Pro machine with Office XP, but still can't recall if I've ever used it with Excel. I've looked all through help and can't find any reference to it. Is the "Organizer" available to Excel 2002 on Win XP Pro? Does it have to be installed separately? How do I get to it? Thank you for any help any...

Disabling a customised field
hi how can i disable a customized field(textbox ) in mscrm form???? Thanks Just go to the form and remove that field from it - it only removes the field from the form not from the schema. >-----Original Message----- >hi > >how can i disable a customized field(textbox ) in mscrm form???? > > >Thanks > > > >. > hi , thanks for the reply. but i need to show my textbox as a readonly(the disabled sort of textbox) rather than removing it from the form. How can i achieve it in both in runtime and designtime ?? Thanks Sorry but MSCRM does not mak...

Using A Macro/VBA code to re-set formulas
Hi can any one help me with a Macro/VBA code to re-set formulas in pre-defined set of cells i.e. in my case C14:C40 At present I have a copy of the Formulas in another part of th worksheet and when I want to reset the worksheet (as the user can ove right the formulas as the formula is based on either the sum of anothe two cells or the users input) I use a Macro to copy and paste (special the formulas. What I require is a Macro/VBA Code which already has the formula store in the actual Macro/VBA code i.e. so they are not stored as copy in m worksheet Ay help would be greatly appreciated T...

Need to do housecleaning on my macros
Having been migrated to a new system, it's time for a bit of housecleaning. I've got macros I wrote for one use and never used again, and I can't find some I've come to rely on. So my idea is to export all the modules from all my template projects and import them into one new template to use as an add-in. Along the way, I can evaluate whether the macro is something I still need or can do without. Is there an easy and automated way to export all modules from a project? Is there an easy and automated way to print these modules? What is the practical size limit of ...

A Tricky Question! Macro & Chart
Hi All I have a very tricky problem here. I have a column chart which has sa 4 columns - namely, A, B, C and D. First Issue - I would like to check is it possible to assign a specifi macro for A, B, C, and D to their respective columns? Second Issue - And as each macro has its own codes, would it b possible for the macro to be so smart that if I click on the column fo A, A macro will run... Please note that the order of the columns will change over time as will sort the values and put the one with the highest value as th first column. Kindly advice me whether the above are possible.....

Disabling the open other user's folder feature
We are using Exchange 2003 and have notied that there is a "feature" that allows any user to open another user's folder without having to grant permissions for this. I mean any user can pull over any other user's inbox contents or calendar contents. For us, a financial institution, this is a huge security risk. Even after using an explicit deny permission on a user mailbox we are still able to access the inbox from the denied account. Microsoft has little on their knowledge base about this except to say that, for some insane reason, administrators are denied from ...

how do i change or make this macro??? pictures and code included
i need to either make this from scratch or change it to suit my needs. Firstly a link to the template it is from http://www.exinfm.com/excel%20files/FY2000WhatIf.xls the code is Sub projection() Dim revgrowth As Single, costpercent As Single, smgrowth As Single devgrowth As Single, gagrowth As Single Dim intincome As Integer, noncontitems As Integer, otherexps A Integer Dim taxrate As Single, avgshares As Integer 'dialog box gets displayed With DialogSheets("dialog3") If .Show = False Then Exit Sub End If revgrowth = .EditBoxes(1).Text costpercent = .EditBoxes(2).Text smgrow...

Macro Buttons #2
i know how to create a macro button, my question is, how do i get that macro button to display on someone elses PC? i created the macro button in a worksheet then i sent that worksheet to a friend. the macro exists, but the button doesn't. any ideas? Thanks in Advance James You may want to attach the toolbar to the workbook. But if you do, read this first from Jan Karel Pieterse: http://google.com/groups?threadm=083701c3559b%246ce75e60%24a301280a%40phx.gbl James wrote: > > i know how to create a macro button, my question is, how do i get that macro > button to display on...

Macro to create pivotchart problems
Put together a quick macro to assemble a pivotchart, nothing fancy just ran through it recording and tried to run it on the same data afterwards, and have come upon this error: Run-time error '1004': Unable to get the PivotFields property of the pivottable class When I go to debug, the error is occurring at the asterisked line: Cells.Select ActiveWorkbook.PivotCaches.Add(SourceType:=xlDatabase, SourceData:= _ "'Check results'!C1:C5").CreatePivotTable TableDestination:="", TableName:= _ "PivotTable1", Def...

Insert a row based on a macro
Is there a way to insert a row based on a formula. For example, If A5=25, I then want to duplicate the existing row and insert it in the line below. See answers in your other post. Pls don't multi post -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Mindie" <Mindie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75A1DDD5-6334-410D-8646-091B43D1B198@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to insert a row based on a formula. For example, If A5=25, I > then want to duplicate the existing row and insert it in the line below. ...

Deleting / Disabling the Links
Hello, I have got 2 queries. First one: I have got a workbook which has so many links that points to various unknown files. I have deleted some of the links by manually scanning the various sheets. but still i am left with some links which i could not find manually.. I have even cleared all the names in the workbook. Still no use. I looked into Edit->Links, i can see one link, but unfortunately there is no delete button with which i can remove the link. Can anybody help me how to remove the unknown link in the book? Thanks. Second one: Continuing from my prev question, wheneve...

2000 macro problem running with 2003
Is there any reason a macro written for Excel 2000 will not run with Excel 2003? John, Code written in Excel 2000 should work fine in 2003. Can you post an example of your code that is not working? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "John Leonard - Sage" <sagegrp@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:%23c7QWziUEHA.3476@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there any reason a macro written for Excel 2000 will not run with Excel > 2003? > > I will get the code and post it. Thanks "Chip Pearson"...

in a macro how to make a part of the formula a variable
I am trying to copy a cell from one file into another file in a macro. There are hundreds of files all linking to the same cell so I thought I would set the formula up so that is has a variable for the filename but I can't figure out the syntax. The formula should link to cell $r$16 in worksheet "monthly" in the changing file name and the variable I used for the changing file name is budget_file. The following didn't work. Can someone tell me how to do this? ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=" & budget_file & 'monthly'!$r$16&qu...

Inconsistent macro problem in excel
XP was rolled out at my work yesterday. Most of the excel file I work with have Visual Basic macros coded into them. (I use Excel 2002) Sometimes, I'll open a file, and it will give me the "Enable Macros?" prompt. This is normal, and what I want it to do. Sometimes, I'll open the same file, and it will give me no prompt. And if I try to run one of the macros, it tells me that the macros are disabled because the security is set to high. So, I go the macro security area to check it out...it's on medium, like it always is. I've found that the only consistent way ...

OL2000 disabling inplace editing for contact lists and task lists, etc #3
hi Can someone please help me with this one: I manage a small SBS2000 instalation (20 users) running outlook 2000 with exchange 2000. Outlook 2000 has the annoying feature that whenever you click on an item in a task list or contact list and start typing, you modify the contens of the item (without noticing). This happens often in the company and has recently resulted in inadvertedly destructing critical information contained in public contacts and tasks folders. I would like to know if there is a way to disable this in place editing feature, making changes to items only possible if you doub...

How to save macro changes in Read-Only documents?
I have over 100 documents that need the same sentence changed in each one. The documents have the read-only recommended box checked. I ran a batch to remove the password to modify but it didn't remove the read-only recommend. So when I run a macro to change the text I get an error. When I ran Debug it highlighted "myDoc.Close Savechanges:=wdSaveChanges" but I don't know what to do with that. (I only copy the macros from this great site!) I am looking for a way to remove the read-only recommended from multiple documents in a file. Please help. Many th...

disable office X formatting palette genie animation
How do you disable the genie type animation that takes place when you show or hide the formatting palette in Word/Excel/Powerpoint v.X? I have done this before, and am looking at a system where it is disabled, but I can't figure out where this option is so that I can control it on another system. ...

macro to run automatically when a field is updated
I have two form fields on an employee appraisal form. One calculates a grand average score from four different scoring areas on the form. The second field evaluates this score (using a macro) to determine the increase percentage based on the grand score. This macro is assigned to the field to run on entry. My problem is that if an evaluator goes back through the form and changes a score, they must click in this percentage field to get it to update to the correct value. My question is: how could I make this field update automatically anytime a change is made anywhere on t...

Formula in Macros
I am trying to do a average for a ongoing twelve week period in my macro. When the macro updates it adds the last column but I can't get it to drop the first column so it goes from averaging 12wks then 13wks,14 weeks and so on. Is there a command I'm missing. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.I'm on Excel 2002. SH This code averages the 12 columns in the above row. ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=AVERAGE(R[-1]C[-11]:R[-1]C)" By its nature, copy this formula across next week and it will pick up just 12 columns. What does your code look like? -- HTH ...

Calculations not keeping up with macro
Hello, I have a spreadsheet with 51 tabs. Tab_1 is a summary of data contained on the remaining 50 sheets (such as averages and sums). A macro iterates through values of 1 - 100. During each iteration a variable with dependents changes on each of the 50 sheets and resulting data for each iteration is output on the summary tab (output such as the averages and sums for each iteration). The macro works great when I step through it, the problems occur when I run it at full speed. The output data at each iteration does not keep up with the macro, thus the outputs are inaccurate. I...

XML Source Menu Item disabled?? File version??
My XML Source Menu Item is disabled (aka greyed-out). Why? I have a workbook with multi-worksheets and I want to enable a conversion to XML, I'm trying to follow the documentation here, but it's poorly organized and more poorly written (IMHO).. I can't find anything which tells me why the menu item would be disabled. The version is Office 2003 Pro and (clearly) the capability is there, I can see the "XML Source" item. I did a quick test and if I make a brand new file, I have the XML Source option so that means means this is a file version issue?. I know this wo...

Exxporting Macros
All, Is there any way or exporting Macros or the 'Personal Macro Workbook' in Excel so you can use Macros you have designed on other machines on a network? Any help would be great. Thanks in advance Jason B -- nosaj_enryb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ nosaj_enryb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28715 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=484521 Jason You are best to set them up as add-ins and load them via Tools>Add-ins... You may need some slight code a...

Modify Recorded Macro
I recorded the following macro, which basically Merges 2 cells and Alignes the text to the left. However, when recording it always records the cell address(Range("D***:D***").Select. How can i adapt the cell address to something like: ActiveCell - ActiveCell.Offset(0,1).select instead of the particular cell address. I need to run this macro about 1000 times ************************* Sub MergeCells() ' ' MergeCells Macro ' ' Range("D156:E156").Select With Selection .HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter .Vertic...

Macro to copy a VLOOKUP formula

Excel 2003
Hi all Excel Gurus, I need help. I have an excel workbook with a sheet called template and i want to create a button to copy a selection of data which is B9:B34 and i need it to paste the information to another excel workbook with a sheet called data which will be A:AA and add each row when pressed. When the data has been copied over i need it to close the data sheet. Can someone help me please? When you copy a range of cells you only have to specify in the destination l;ocation the 1st cell of the range like I did below. Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() FName ...