How to use ampersand in footers like CS&S

I am defining my project plan and I have to place proprietary footers on the
document.  When I use the ampersand in the footer it displays the time and
not the acronym for my company such as CS&S.  It will show CS&[Time] and then
display the time on my printouts.  If I use a double ampersand it does the
same thing.  How can I use the ampersand as needed in my company Acronym CS&S?
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You could always paste the company logo as a graphic into the footer?

Maybe use it as a field somewhere and add the field to your footer.

"Sue" wrote:

> I am defining my project plan and I have to place proprietary footers on the
> document.  When I use the ampersand in the footer it displays the time and
> not the acronym for my company such as CS&S.  It will show CS&[Time] and then
> display the time on my printouts.  If I use a double ampersand it does the
> same thing.  How can I use the ampersand as needed in my company Acronym CS&S?
Sue,

Ampersand is a special character. If you put a space before and after
ampersand it will work. Or you can enter CS&S into the Company box in Summary
tab of Properties dialog box (File menu); then select Company Name from the
General drop-down list and add it to the legend. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Ismet Kocaman

"Sue" wrote:

> I am defining my project plan and I have to place proprietary footers on the
> document.  When I use the ampersand in the footer it displays the time and
> not the acronym for my company such as CS&S.  It will show CS&[Time] and then
> display the time on my printouts.  If I use a double ampersand it does the
> same thing.  How can I use the ampersand as needed in my company Acronym CS&S?

------=_NextPart_000_0021_01CACACA.004F1DF0

Hi Sue,

Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :)

File/Properties and enter CS&S in the Company Name cell.  Now in Page =
Setup, select Company Name from the pick list and then click the Add =
button

FAQs, companion products and other useful Project information can be =
seen at this web address: http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm

Hope this helps - please let us know how you get on :)

Mike Glen
MS Project MVP
See http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc for my free Project Tutorials

=20
  "Sue" <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  I am defining my project plan and I have to place proprietary footers =
on the=20
  document.  When I use the ampersand in the footer it displays the time =
and=20
  not the acronym for my company such as CS&S.  It will show CS&[Time] =
and then=20
  display the time on my printouts.  If I use a double ampersand it does =
the=20
  same thing.  How can I use the ampersand as needed in my company =
Acronym CS&S?
------=_NextPart_000_0021_01CACACA.004F1DF0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DWindows-1252 =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16490"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Hi Sue,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Welcome to this Microsoft Project =
newsgroup=20
:)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">File/Properties and enter CS&amp;S in =
the=20
Company Name cell.&nbsp; Now in Page Setup, select Company Name from the =
pick=20
list and then click the Add button</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">FAQs, companion products and other =
useful=20
Project information can be seen at this web address: <A=20
href=3D"http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm">http://project.mvps.org/faqs.ht=
m</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Hope this helps - please let us know =
how you get=20
on :)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Mike Glen<BR>MS Project MVP<BR>See <A=20
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc">http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc</A> for my =
free Project=20
Tutorials</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"><BR>&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Sue" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Sue@discussions.microsoft.com">Sue@discussions.microsoft.c=
om</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:6D9AA072-79A8-4BA1-BFF1-C3112C6EC383@microsoft.com">news:6D9=
AA072-79A8-4BA1-BFF1-C3112C6EC383@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>I=20
  am defining my project plan and I have to place proprietary footers on =
the=20
  <BR>document.&nbsp; When I use the ampersand in the footer it displays =
the=20
  time and <BR>not the acronym for my company such as CS&amp;S.&nbsp; It =
will=20
  show CS&amp;[Time] and then <BR>display the time on my =
printouts.&nbsp; If I=20
  use a double ampersand it does the <BR>same thing.&nbsp; How can I use =
the=20
  ampersand as needed in my company Acronym =
CS&amp;S?</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0021_01CACACA.004F1DF0--

0
Mike
3/23/2010 8:47:07 PM
Hi,

I did some tests and the following works:
CS& S

but I can't get rid of the blank before the S.

Still, hope that helps.

Probably a picture of the characters would do also.

--
Jan De Messemaeker
Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional
"Sue" <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am defining my project plan and I have to place proprietary footers on
>the
> document.  When I use the ampersand in the footer it displays the time and
> not the acronym for my company such as CS&S.  It will show CS&[Time] and
> then
> display the time on my printouts.  If I use a double ampersand it does the
> same thing.  How can I use the ampersand as needed in my company Acronym
> CS&S?

0
Jan
3/23/2010 8:48:13 PM
If you use a non-fixed spaced font (like Arial) you could use a font size of
1 for the space after the ampersand and thus almost hide the space.

--

/Lars Hammarberg
www.camako.se

"Jan De Messemaeker" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I did some tests and the following works:
> CS& S
>
> but I can't get rid of the blank before the S.
>
> Still, hope that helps.
>
> Probably a picture of the characters would do also.
>

> --
> Jan De Messemaeker
> Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional
> +32 495 300 620
> For availability check:
> http://users.online.be/prom-ade/Calendar.pdf
> "Sue" <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am defining my project plan and I have to place proprietary footers on
> >the
> > document.  When I use the ampersand in the footer it displays the time and
> > not the acronym for my company such as CS&S.  It will show CS&[Time] and
> > then
> > display the time on my printouts.  If I use a double ampersand it does the
> > same thing.  How can I use the ampersand as needed in my company Acronym
> > CS&S?
>

> .

How do you get the attribute value using XPath in VB.Net 2003?
Hi, How do you get the attribute value using XPath in VB.Net 2003? Many thanks, aushknotes "aushknotes" <aushknotes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:508426F2-1C8A-4AD2-A52E-B80B9798AC0C@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > How do you get the attribute value using XPath in VB.Net 2003? > Prefix @ to the name of the attribute value. XmlAttribute attrib = (XmlAttribute)dom.selectSingleNode("/path/@attributeName"); -- Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET aushknotes wrote: > How do you get the attribute value using XPath in VB.Net 2003? ...

Data Validation using List (But needs unique list in drop down lis
Hi all, In sheet 1, column A is my title name while column B is person name. Sheet 1 is my database where i do data entry in this. In sheet 2, contains my query page. In cell A5, i uses data validation - list, on this cell. Say in sheet 1 : column A column B XXXXXXX Mr A YYYYYYYY Mr A ZZZZZZZZ Mr A AAAAAAA Mr B WWWWW Mr C DDDDDDD Mr C But In sheet 2, cell A5, I saw in the drop down list as follows: Mr A Mr A Mr A Mr B Mr C Mr C But i want to see this in cell A5 instead (Unique name that is) : Mr A Mr B Mr C ...

The background clolor of Calendar(s)
Is there a way to change the background color of Calendar(s)? Thanks In Outlook 2003, yes. Since you neglected to include your version and your need to ask, probably not. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Mike asked: | Is there a way to change the background color of Calendar(s)? | | Thanks Sorry about that. In Outlook 2003 I would like to change the background color of shared(delegate) calendars. How can ...

If my GP Dynamics support CPA's new cheque standard
Hi; I am using GP Dynamics 8.0 in Canada, we have Payable Management module installed. How can I know if my current version support the CPA's new cheque standard? The CPA's new cheque standard will be launched in July 2007. -- Kane Kane, Support for the new cheque format has nothing to do with the Payables module. Rather, it is a function of modifications or changes to the report that produces your cheque. Lyle On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 10:06:01 -0700, Kane <Kane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi; > >I am using GP Dynamics 8.0 in Canada, we have Payable Managem...

footer
How can I get a footer (left or/and right leg) in line with a chart placed above? Many thanks for an answer in advance, Sophie In XL, you'll need to manually add spaces, or align the margins so that the chart lines up with the footer. You'll have more control if you link the chart into a Word document... In article <08af01c4f332$5469a2e0$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "sophie" <mawig@gmx.net> wrote: > How can I get a footer (left or/and right leg) in line > with a chart placed above? Many thanks for an answer in > advance, Sophie ...

Use CountIf for a literal string
I am trying to count the number of cells in a range that contain the string <0.1. I don't want the number of cells that contain numbers less than 0.1, I want the actual string. Is there an escape character for comparison operators like the tilde for wild cards? Thanks, Chad Try this... =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10="<0.1")) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "chadkwelch" <chadkwelch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73F17509-1C52-4935-A45D-66DCC63B20C6@microsoft.com... >I am trying to count the number of cells in a range that ...

Outlook - CPU Spikes
I've got a Dell XPS M1210 - Outlook 2003 Pro We have 4 of these machines - I personally have one as well. Mine works great no problem.... however one of the others is a problem child. I've personally re-installed the OS 4 times on this machine. When you bring up outlook (with Exchange account) I get CPU usage spikes (40%-60%). Explorer.exe shows in the task manager as the culprit. Shut down outlook and it chills down to 0%-2%. Bring outlook back up .... it has a CPU spike heartbeat every 5 seconds or so. I've set the email account on several other machines ... no problem.. so I...

Window's verson numbers
I'm writing an app in C++ using VS.net and I need to do this based on the OS. I can get the OS version number using _osver global variable found in the include STDLIB.H. But I need a list of what version number correspond to what OS so I know what the value in _osver means. Does anyone know where I can find these definitions? Also the major and minor builds might be useful? If this is the wrong newsgroup could you direct me to the right one? Thank Lots, Neil Neil B wrote: >I'm writing an app in C++ using VS.net and I need to do this based on the OS. >I can get the OS ver...

Posting Date used in Revenue Expense Deferral
I have a PM Invoice with Document Date 16/11/2009 and Posting Date of 01/12/2009. Entered Deferral details starting 01/12/2009. In GL the deferral charges commence 01/12/2009 and are all as expected. The Credit entry for the full invoice is posted to GL with posting date of 01/12/2009. The problem I have is that the Debit entry for the full invoice amount is posted to the document date of 16/11/2009 and I want it to be the same as the invoice posting date (01/12/2009) Is there a way to do this? Thanks Audrey ...

Could very much use a Field List
I apologize if this is out there already, but it seems that at least a few field names changed from 1.2 to 1.3. Although I had downloaded a field list before, from here, I cannot even find that original post, let alone any more recent that might contain the correct field names. I need to do some custom SQL and would prefer not to reinvent the wheel. Thanks in advance very much to anyone who could help. Bud Izen Salem Oregon Do you have MS Access? Make a new project and attach to the database as your data source. You will be able to see all the tables and the field names. It has been ...

How to Print string (Windows Printer) using RMS QSRules.
A windows printer is set as a receipt printer for a register. I need to print strings to this printer using RMS QSRules. How can I do this? I tried using Register.ActivePrinter.PrintNormal(Station as Long,Data as String) but it won't work. By the way, what is Station in the parameter? ...

How do I specify an address when using "ActiveDocument.SendMail"
Hi Here is my code: If Not IsNull(([Forms]![Process Bookings]![Booking Form].Form.Email)) Then Options.SendMailAttach = True objWord.ActiveDocument.SendMail How do I specify the recipients address? Stapes ...

Deleting Linked Source(s)
In Excel 2000, how do you delete a link Source(s)? I know you can 'clear contents' in each destination cell to achieve this, but is there a simpler way. Can be difficult to determine which cells are in fact destination cells. Thanks, Jim This may help you http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;214127 >-----Original Message----- >In Excel 2000, how do you delete a link Source(s)? I know >you can 'clear contents' in each destination cell to >achieve this, but is there a simpler way. Can be difficult >to determine which cells are in fac...

Can't use address book
I am not able to add contacts in my address book. I receive the error: You cannot create entries for this address book when I try to add a new entry. I use Office 2000, with full Outlook. I would like to have an address book again... I have uninstalled and reinstalled office 2000 - no change in the problem. You get this error in trying to create a new item in your contacts folder? (sounds like you are select tools | address book | highlight "outlook address book" and trying to create a new item. you can't create items in the "outlook address book". this f...

Adding a VCard to an e-mail using Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003.
Hello. I have a question. Does anyone here know how to add a VCard to an e-mail in Outlook 2000 as well as in Outlook 2003? I want to be able to do this after I click new and I have a new blank message on my screen. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. -- darylakagod Outlook provides no way to add a vCard .vcf file in this scenario. The built-in way to do it is to start with a contact, not a message, and choose Forward as vCard on the contact's Actions menu. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Admin...

Can't Send Messages Using Outlook Web Access & XP
Our users with Windows XP cannot send messages using OWA. I've read a few KB articles about some incompatabilities between XP and OWA, but none of the proposed fixes (using the "basic" rather than "premium" client, or changing the security settings in IE) seem to solve this last problem. When they click on "send", it generates an unspecified "error on page". The problem occurs using IE and Firefox, but just on XP machines. My Windows 2000 machine works fine using IE and even my Macintosh using Safari (gasp!) works. ...

Monitoring directories using FindFirstChangeNotification
All, I would like to monitor a few different directories using FindFirstChangeNotification. I have successfully used it in the past to monitor one directory. All the directories I would like to monitor are on the root of a drive, but I do not want to monitor all the directories on the root. Example: the root of the T drive, T:\Dir1 T:\Dir2 T:\Test T:\source T:\Backup T:\Update How can I montor the T:\Test, T:\source, and T:\Backup at the same time using FindFirstChangeNotification? Thanks in advance. Hi, You need to use the following API's to monitor the changes in a specific ...

Using outlook for email and outlook express for newsgroups
Hi I had outlook set up for my email messages and outlook express set up for reading newsgroups - now when I go to the newsgroups oe is automatically checking for email messages and downloading them - this never happened before and I think the only thing different is that I have installed a broadband modem and am waiting on freeserve activating my account - could something have happened to change this, and if so how do I change it back. Thanks Sharon "Sharon" <sharon@nospam.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:c80adp$dva$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk... > Hi > > I ha...

Using a OR() like function in an IIF statement
Hello, I am trying to create an IIF statement to test if the first character in a field is a 1,2,8 or 9. Something like the following: IIf(Left([possible_SO_match],1)="1 or 2 or 8 or 9",[Possible_SO_Match],"No Match") Is there a way to create it without going to a 4 level nested IIF statement? Thanks, Kerry -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com kkulakow via AccessMonster.com wrote: > Hello, I am trying to create an IIF statement to test if the first > character in a field is a 1,2,8 or 9. > Something like the following: > > IIf(Left([possib...

Print dialog box using VBA in excel
Hi Everyone, I like to add a print button (that will select several worksheets and print them) in my excel worksheet. I have recorded my action using the macro recorder the problem is I can't select the printer everytime I run the macro it print in the background without asking the user to select the printer and uses the default printer. Can anyone help?? I just want the user to be able to select the desired printer every time before printing. My current code: Sub Print_All() Sheets(Array("Sheet 1", "Sheet 2", "Sheet 3", "Sheet 5)).Select 'intent...

Adding User Name to footer
I have spreadsheets that go out to a number of users, and they make various changes and print out for themselves. The problems is that no-one knows which version to pick up from a central printer. Can I add the user name to the footer. I also have the path and file in the same area. I would like to end up with : User Name printed 'path/file' on 'date' ...

Is Auto Expansion (i.e., wrap text) of a cell possible when the cell's contents are based on another cell?
I am trying to display the results from one tab (Tab 1) in another (Tab 2). So, for example, tab 2 contains the formula "=Tab1!A2". However, when the results are too large to fit the cell in tab 2 (i.e., the cell that contains a formula that draws from a cell in tab 1), the wrap text feature does not work unless i first double click in the cell in tab 2. Is there any way around this? Can the wrap text feature work automatically somehow? Or will i need to double click in every cell that contains text that doesn't fit into the cell. Thanks for any suggestions, or VBA code, th...

Using DAO instead of ADO
I have an Access 2000 database that was converted from Access 97. On one of my users computers, her system was re-installed with Access 2000, and the database has not worked correctly since that time. If I remember correctly, we had to set up the computers for these users to use DAO over ADO. It's been over two years since we did this, and (I hate to admit it - but) I've forgotten to how to set up the DAO to take precedence over ADO. Can someone please remind me? I thought it was part of the Add-ins, but when I go into Add-in Manger, I have NO add-ins available. I've checked i...

How do a use a string as a param for a cmdlet when it contains opt
I have a script that cleans out old files, currently it is in this format write-host "\\sapecc01\Integration\SCC\Archive\* -Include *.txt" $a = Get-ChildItem \\sapecc01\Integration\SCC\Archive\* -Include *.txt foreach($x in $a) { $y = ((Get-Date) - $x.CreationTime).Days if ($y -gt 28 -and $x.PsISContainer -ne $True) {$x.Delete()} } #Keep DESADV for 28 days write-host "\\sapecc01\Integration\SCC\Archive\* -Include DESADV_*.xml" $a = Get-ChildItem \\sapecc01\Integration\SCC\Archive\* -Include DESADV_*.xml foreach($x in $a) ...

very simple and useful, email password recovery tool
Outlook Password Recovery is a easy-to-use and wide compatiable tool, capable of instantly recovering email passwords for popular email clients, such as Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Incredimail, Eudora, etc. http://www.top-password.com/outlook-password-recovery.html -- johneou johneou wrote: > Outlook Password Recovery is a easy-to-use and wide compatiable tool, > capable of instantly recovering email passwords for popular email > clients, such as Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Incredimail, > Eudora, etc. > > http://www.top-password.com/outlook-pa...