How to Add Columns to "Blank" MS Project?

Is there a way to add columns to "Blank" project that comes up when I click 
on File/New?  I want to always have Text1, Text2, etc with the names Renamed 
on every Project file I open.
0
Utf
3/16/2010 9:49:01 PM
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

6 Replies
1362 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 29

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01CAC558.64747C70
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="Windows-1252"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi TKGerdie,

Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :-)

The best way is to set up a project as you want it and then save it as a =
template. Please see FAQ Item: 8. New Project Template.   FAQs, =
companion products and other useful Project information can be seen at =
this web address: http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm

Hope this helps - please let us know how you get on :-)

Mike Glen
Project MVP


  "" <TKGerdie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
news:43D2B56A-D13A-4469-8C21-6462455A504E@microsoft.com...
  Is there a way to add columns to "Blank" project that comes up when I =
click=20
  on File/New?  I want to always have Text1, Text2, etc with the names =
Renamed=20
  on every Project file I open.
------=_NextPart_000_0014_01CAC558.64747C70
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="Windows-1252"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DWindows-1252 =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16490"></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: =
15px"=20
id=3DMailContainerBody leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 =
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Hi TKGerdie,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Welcome to this Microsoft Project =
newsgroup=20
:-)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">The best way is to set up a project as =
you want=20
it and then save it as a template. </FONT><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans =
MS">Please see=20
FAQ Item: 8. New Project Template.&nbsp;&nbsp; FAQs, companion products =
and=20
other useful Project information can be seen at this web address:=20
http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Hope this helps - please let us know =
how you get=20
on :-)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Mike Glen<BR>Project MVP</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV>"" &lt;<A=20
  title=3D"mailto:TKGerdie@discussions.microsoft.com&#10;CTRL + Click to =
follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:TKGerdie@discussions.microsoft.com">TKGerdie@discussions.m=
icrosoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:43D2B56A-D13A-4469-8C21-6462455A504E@microsoft.com">news:43D=
2B56A-D13A-4469-8C21-6462455A504E@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Is=20
  there a way to add columns to "Blank" project that comes up when I =
click=20
  <BR>on File/New?&nbsp; I want to always have Text1, Text2, etc with =
the names=20
  Renamed <BR>on every Project file I open.</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01CAC558.64747C70--

0
Mike
3/16/2010 10:31:16 PM
I did try that.  I built a template and saved it.  I'm thinking I saved it 
incorrectly somehow.  When I import an XML file into my template, I lose 
information.  The resources don't fill in and none of their cost or hours 
show up either.  If I import that same exact XML file into a regular non 
template project, everything shows up (resources, hours, etc.), but then I 
would have to add the columns in everytime I create a new project.  And we 
have one project per job. Any suggestions?  I have been searching the web all 
over for assistance on this issue.

"Mike Glen" wrote:

> Hi TKGerdie,
> 
> Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :-)
> 
> The best way is to set up a project as you want it and then save it as a
> template. Please see FAQ Item: 8. New Project Template.   FAQs, companion
> products and other useful Project information can be seen at this web
> address: http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm
> 
> Hope this helps - please let us know how you get on :-)
> 
> Mike Glen
> Project MVP
> 
> 
>   "" <TKGerdie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:43D2B56A-D13A-4469-8C21-6462455A504E@microsoft.com...
>   Is there a way to add columns to "Blank" project that comes up when I
> click
>   on File/New?  I want to always have Text1, Text2, etc with the names
> Renamed
>   on every Project file I open.
> 
0
Utf
3/17/2010 12:33:01 PM
Hi Gerdie,

Open any project (may even be blank)
View Menu
Table:...
More tables
copy
Give a name to the copied table (f.i. MyPreference)
Apply
Now modify the columns (Insert, Delete, witdth...) to show what you want to 
see when opening
Tools, Organizer
Tables
Select MyPreference in the window of the current Project and copy into 
Global.mpt
Views
Select the active view in the window of the current Project and copy into 
Global.mpt

OK.
For any new project (if it doesn't come up automatically) you can choose 
this view, it will contain that table.
HTH


-- 
Jan De Messemaeker
Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional
+32 495 300 620
For availability check:
http://users.online.be/prom-ade/Calendar.pdf
"TKGerdie" <TKGerdie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:0B439620-6700-4DEB-8E6C-DEDAB1824A1B@microsoft.com...
>I did try that.  I built a template and saved it.  I'm thinking I saved it
> incorrectly somehow.  When I import an XML file into my template, I lose
> information.  The resources don't fill in and none of their cost or hours
> show up either.  If I import that same exact XML file into a regular non
> template project, everything shows up (resources, hours, etc.), but then I
> would have to add the columns in everytime I create a new project.  And we
> have one project per job. Any suggestions?  I have been searching the web 
> all
> over for assistance on this issue.
>
> "Mike Glen" wrote:
>
>> Hi TKGerdie,
>>
>> Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :-)
>>
>> The best way is to set up a project as you want it and then save it as a
>> template. Please see FAQ Item: 8. New Project Template.   FAQs, companion
>> products and other useful Project information can be seen at this web
>> address: http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm
>>
>> Hope this helps - please let us know how you get on :-)
>>
>> Mike Glen
>> Project MVP
>>
>>
>>   "" <TKGerdie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:43D2B56A-D13A-4469-8C21-6462455A504E@microsoft.com...
>>   Is there a way to add columns to "Blank" project that comes up when I
>> click
>>   on File/New?  I want to always have Text1, Text2, etc with the names
>> Renamed
>>   on every Project file I open.
>> 


0
Jan
3/17/2010 12:59:20 PM
THANK YOU!!!   It worked!  Thank you so much!  I have been beating my head 
against a brick wall for days trying to figure this out.  

"Jan De Messemaeker" wrote:

> Hi Gerdie,
> 
> Open any project (may even be blank)
> View Menu
> Table:...
> More tables
> copy
> Give a name to the copied table (f.i. MyPreference)
> Apply
> Now modify the columns (Insert, Delete, witdth...) to show what you want to 
> see when opening
> Tools, Organizer
> Tables
> Select MyPreference in the window of the current Project and copy into 
> Global.mpt
> Views
> Select the active view in the window of the current Project and copy into 
> Global.mpt
> 
> OK.
> For any new project (if it doesn't come up automatically) you can choose 
> this view, it will contain that table.
> HTH
> 
> 
> -- 
> Jan De Messemaeker
> Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional
> +32 495 300 620
> For availability check:
> http://users.online.be/prom-ade/Calendar.pdf
> "TKGerdie" <TKGerdie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:0B439620-6700-4DEB-8E6C-DEDAB1824A1B@microsoft.com...
> >I did try that.  I built a template and saved it.  I'm thinking I saved it
> > incorrectly somehow.  When I import an XML file into my template, I lose
> > information.  The resources don't fill in and none of their cost or hours
> > show up either.  If I import that same exact XML file into a regular non
> > template project, everything shows up (resources, hours, etc.), but then I
> > would have to add the columns in everytime I create a new project.  And we
> > have one project per job. Any suggestions?  I have been searching the web 
> > all
> > over for assistance on this issue.
> >
> > "Mike Glen" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi TKGerdie,
> >>
> >> Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :-)
> >>
> >> The best way is to set up a project as you want it and then save it as a
> >> template. Please see FAQ Item: 8. New Project Template.   FAQs, companion
> >> products and other useful Project information can be seen at this web
> >> address: http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm
> >>
> >> Hope this helps - please let us know how you get on :-)
> >>
> >> Mike Glen
> >> Project MVP
> >>
> >>
> >>   "" <TKGerdie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:43D2B56A-D13A-4469-8C21-6462455A504E@microsoft.com...
> >>   Is there a way to add columns to "Blank" project that comes up when I
> >> click
> >>   on File/New?  I want to always have Text1, Text2, etc with the names
> >> Renamed
> >>   on every Project file I open.
> >> 
> 
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
3/17/2010 2:11:01 PM
You're welcome, Gerdie
Jan De Messemaeker
Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional
+32 495 300 620
For availability check:
http://users.online.be/prom-ade/Calendar.pdf
"TKGerdie" <TKGerdie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:A5EAE4FA-A5EC-40A5-BDC9-4FA49557A32B@microsoft.com...
> THANK YOU!!!   It worked!  Thank you so much!  I have been beating my head
> against a brick wall for days trying to figure this out.
>
> "Jan De Messemaeker" wrote:
>
>> Hi Gerdie,
>>
>> Open any project (may even be blank)
>> View Menu
>> Table:...
>> More tables
>> copy
>> Give a name to the copied table (f.i. MyPreference)
>> Apply
>> Now modify the columns (Insert, Delete, witdth...) to show what you want 
>> to
>> see when opening
>> Tools, Organizer
>> Tables
>> Select MyPreference in the window of the current Project and copy into
>> Global.mpt
>> Views
>> Select the active view in the window of the current Project and copy into
>> Global.mpt
>>
>> OK.
>> For any new project (if it doesn't come up automatically) you can choose
>> this view, it will contain that table.
>> HTH
>>
>>
>> -- 
>> Jan De Messemaeker
>> Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional
>> +32 495 300 620
>> For availability check:
>> http://users.online.be/prom-ade/Calendar.pdf
>> "TKGerdie" <TKGerdie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:0B439620-6700-4DEB-8E6C-DEDAB1824A1B@microsoft.com...
>> >I did try that.  I built a template and saved it.  I'm thinking I saved 
>> >it
>> > incorrectly somehow.  When I import an XML file into my template, I 
>> > lose
>> > information.  The resources don't fill in and none of their cost or 
>> > hours
>> > show up either.  If I import that same exact XML file into a regular 
>> > non
>> > template project, everything shows up (resources, hours, etc.), but 
>> > then I
>> > would have to add the columns in everytime I create a new project.  And 
>> > we
>> > have one project per job. Any suggestions?  I have been searching the 
>> > web
>> > all
>> > over for assistance on this issue.
>> >
>> > "Mike Glen" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Hi TKGerdie,
>> >>
>> >> Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :-)
>> >>
>> >> The best way is to set up a project as you want it and then save it as 
>> >> a
>> >> template. Please see FAQ Item: 8. New Project Template.   FAQs, 
>> >> companion
>> >> products and other useful Project information can be seen at this web
>> >> address: http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm
>> >>
>> >> Hope this helps - please let us know how you get on :-)
>> >>
>> >> Mike Glen
>> >> Project MVP
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>   "" <TKGerdie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:43D2B56A-D13A-4469-8C21-6462455A504E@microsoft.com...
>> >>   Is there a way to add columns to "Blank" project that comes up when 
>> >> I
>> >> click
>> >>   on File/New?  I want to always have Text1, Text2, etc with the names
>> >> Renamed
>> >>   on every Project file I open.
>> >>
>>
>>
>> .
>> 


0
Jan
3/17/2010 2:18:12 PM
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_004D_01CAC5EC.E7FAFDA0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="Windows-1252"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I should go along with Jan's suggestion as this works well for you.  For =
the record, when you have opened a template, you need to save it as an =
mpp file which leaves the template alone for future use.  Then import =
into the mpp file and it should do what you want.

Mike Glen
Project MVP
See http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc for my free Project Tutorials


  "TKGerdie" <TKGerdie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
news:0B439620-6700-4DEB-8E6C-DEDAB1824A1B@microsoft.com...
  I did try that.  I built a template and saved it.  I'm thinking I =
saved it=20
  incorrectly somehow.  When I import an XML file into my template, I =
lose=20
  information.  The resources don't fill in and none of their cost or =
hours=20
  show up either.  If I import that same exact XML file into a regular =
non=20
  template project, everything shows up (resources, hours, etc.), but =
then I=20
  would have to add the columns in everytime I create a new project.  =
And we=20
  have one project per job. Any suggestions?  I have been searching the =
web all=20
  over for assistance on this issue.

  "Mike Glen" wrote:

  > Hi TKGerdie,
  >=20
  > Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :-)
  >=20
  > The best way is to set up a project as you want it and then save it =
as a
  > template. Please see FAQ Item: 8. New Project Template.   FAQs, =
companion
  > products and other useful Project information can be seen at this =
web
  > address: http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm
  >=20
  > Hope this helps - please let us know how you get on :-)
  >=20
  > Mike Glen
  > Project MVP
  >=20
  >=20
  >   "" <TKGerdie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
  > news:43D2B56A-D13A-4469-8C21-6462455A504E@microsoft.com...
  >   Is there a way to add columns to "Blank" project that comes up =
when I
  > click
  >   on File/New?  I want to always have Text1, Text2, etc with the =
names
  > Renamed
  >   on every Project file I open.
  >
------=_NextPart_000_004D_01CAC5EC.E7FAFDA0
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="Windows-1252"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DWindows-1252 =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16490"></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: =
15px"=20
id=3DMailContainerBody leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 =
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">I should go along with Jan's =
suggestion as this=20
works well for you.&nbsp; For the record, when you have opened a =
template, you=20
need to save it as an mpp file which leaves the template alone for =
future=20
use.&nbsp; Then import into the mpp file and it should do what you=20
want.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Mike Glen</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Project MVP</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">See <A=20
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc">http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc</A> for my =
free Project=20
Tutorials</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV>"TKGerdie" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:TKGerdie@discussions.microsoft.com">TKGerdie@discussions.m=
icrosoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:0B439620-6700-4DEB-8E6C-DEDAB1824A1B@microsoft.com">news:0B4=
39620-6700-4DEB-8E6C-DEDAB1824A1B@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>I=20
  did try that.&nbsp; I built a template and saved it.&nbsp; I'm =
thinking I=20
  saved it <BR>incorrectly somehow.&nbsp; When I import an XML file into =
my=20
  template, I lose <BR>information.&nbsp; The resources don't fill in =
and none=20
  of their cost or hours <BR>show up either.&nbsp; If I import that same =
exact=20
  XML file into a regular non <BR>template project, everything shows up=20
  (resources, hours, etc.), but then I <BR>would have to add the columns =
in=20
  everytime I create a new project.&nbsp; And we <BR>have one project =
per job.=20
  Any suggestions?&nbsp; I have been searching the web all <BR>over for=20
  assistance on this issue.<BR><BR>"Mike Glen" wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; Hi=20
  TKGerdie,<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup =

  :-)<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; The best way is to set up a project as you want =
it and=20
  then save it as a<BR>&gt; template. Please see FAQ Item: 8. New =
Project=20
  Template.&nbsp;&nbsp; FAQs, companion<BR>&gt; products and other =
useful=20
  Project information can be seen at this web<BR>&gt; address: <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm">http://project.mvps.org/faqs.ht=
m</A><BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt; Hope this helps - please let us know how you get on =
:-)<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt; Mike Glen<BR>&gt; Project MVP<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  "" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:TKGerdie@discussions.microsoft.com">TKGerdie@discussions.m=
icrosoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message<BR>&gt; <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:43D2B56A-D13A-4469-8C21-6462455A504E@microsoft.com">news:43D=
2B56A-D13A-4469-8C21-6462455A504E@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;=20
  Is there a way to add columns to "Blank" project that comes up when =
I<BR>&gt;=20
  click<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; on File/New?&nbsp; I want to always have =
Text1,=20
  Text2, etc with the names<BR>&gt; Renamed<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; on every =
Project=20
  file I open.<BR>&gt;</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_004D_01CAC5EC.E7FAFDA0--

0
Mike
3/17/2010 4:14:22 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

blocking blank cells until other cells are compiled
Hello everyone. I'm working on several columns. Each column corresponds to a certai date. I would like the fields under the date cell to be "available only if the date cell is filled. How do I do this? Say in cell "A1" I have today's date and in "B1" tomorrow's (and s on). In cell "A2" I want to put the number of dollars I have spen during lunch and in cell "B2" I will want to do the same, but onl tomorrow of course. I would like to "compile" the whole month in terms of columns but would like NOT to be able to write in the...

Skip blank or N/A in data analysis
Hi, I try to do data analysis (such as regression) to two data columns X ~ Y. Under some condition, some of the Y values are blank or (#N/A). When I do X-Y chart, those points are ignored. However, when I select the same columns to do regress or any other data analysis, I got the error saying "Input range containing non-numeric data". I don't want to put any number like 0 for those to distort my result. I just want to ignore or skip those N/A data. Is there a way I can do it without removing those data? Because the N/A location depends on a variable (a condition). I ...

Leave as blank
In cell A1 I have a date, in cell B1 it is set so that it calculated seven dats on from the date in A1. Now, I have dragged this formula down in cell B1 into all cells in that column B. There are no values in column A as yet as these will be filled out as the spreadsheet is used. Subsequently, I want column B to remain blank until values are entered in column A. Nonetheless, I am getting the value "07 Jan 00" in my cells in column B. How can I do it so that they are left blank? If your formula is =A1+7, change this to: =IF(A1="","",A1+7) and copy this...

Autosum when some cells are blank
Is there a way to autosum so that Excel will ignore the blank cells but still add all of the other cells in a row? I have a large spreadsheet with 1000 rows in it and would like to click on autosum w/o having to change the cell reference. Thanks! If you select your range first, then hit the autosum button, excel put the formula in next row. And one way to select the range is to click on the top cell and shift-click on the bottom cell. (Use the vertical scroll bar to get to the bottom cell.) (yeah, it still might be easier to just remember the first row and adjust the formula.) sue...

Need to create blank computation column
Ok, let's try again. This time I'm breaking it down to a simple problem so that I don't confuse anyone: I have 3 cells in a row. In cell x I have a variable. In cell y I have a variable. In cell z I have a formula: =x*y . Now if the user is presented with variable x and nothing for variable y, and the formula is already in place, cell z will display 0. But I want the user to be presented with a blank field instead, until such time he/she enters in a variable for cell y. Therefore, I need to know what command will tell cell z to display a figure only if the computation is ...

Records Disappear in Blank Query
I have a database with a few relationships in it. The patient and their dependants are in two separate tables. I have been attempting to create report from these tables by using a query, however after much trial and error I have found that entire records are missing from the query. If I run a query with all the information needed, but with no parameters these records are still missing. Any ideas? It appears to have something to do with my dependants table. When I add the info from that table these particular items disappear. The ones that disappear do not have dependants, h...

Blank replies outlook 2003
Hi, I've asked this earlier but have not found a resolution to the problem. Hope someone can shed some new light on this : We occational receive e-mail replies where the reply itself is blank. That is the e-mail only includes our original message. It has no attachements or show any sign of having a reply made. We use Outlook 2003 with all updates. We send all our messages in plain text. (because of winmail.dat problem) If we view the message in a web browser /web-mail client, the entire message with reply is displayed. If we use Outlook Express the mail downloads and reads perfect. I&#...

my printer ejects a blank sheet prior to printing with EXCEL
...

Supressing blank cells in VBA
H Firstly, a bit of background about what I'm trying to do I've got a Word mailmerge and the datasource is in excel. I'm trying to write a bit of code which goes to the last row in excel, and then hides all of the blank rows that appear after this. The code that I have done already is Su ActiveCell.Cells.Selec Cells.Selec Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = Fals Range("A1").Selec Selection.End(xlDown).Selec Range("A" & ActiveCell.Row + 1).Selec **************************** Selection.End(xlDown).Selec Selection.EntireRow.Hidden ...

Blank cell not really blank
In working to eliminate blank cells in a range, it has become apparen that when I do a range/copy/paste special/values although the copyie cells appear blank they reall are not. Is there a better way to copy range of values that will truly leave the blank cells blank. I need t do a count via counta() and of course that will not work because it i seeing something. Thanks, I really appreciate this site. JR -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Where are you copying your data from?? -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys...

row number of last non-blank cell
I've tried a bunch of ideas but no luck yet. I used to use COUNTA() to find the number of cells in a column so I could create an array reference to the range of cells with values using OFFSET(). Now my column may have some blank entries. COUNTA() still returns the number of non-blank cells so my range array falls short by the number of blank cells. How can I find the row number of the last cell that is not blank. I need this in a worksheet function, not a macro or not selecting with menu commands. Thanks... What type of data is in the range? Is it text, numeric, ...

conditional formula for blank cells
I have a conditional cell color based on a formula to identify blank cells & populated cells. I want to now count the cells that meet the formula criteria. I get accurate counts with the populated cell formula count but because I have an isblank in my blank cell conditional formula I am getting a miscount. Is there any really good way to count colors based on conditional formulas especially where the condition is blank? You should have no trouble if use use COUNTBLANK. You should get a count of blank cells no matter how they are formatted -- Gary''s Student gsnu200705 &qu...

Incomplete and blank after update
Hi, I updated today and in the Portfolio Manager, below the holdings in the blue bar, it says "Today's Total change: $111.11(-.... Market Value" etc., the rest is there. (-... doesn't tell me anything, is there a way to make that show? And it also has "Last update" and no date. Blank. The last update date and time only shows on the home page. Financial News does not update, no headlines, blank. It worked in M04. I want M04 back. :) This is really bad. Did I get a reeeeally bugging program or defective? lol. Thanks. Judy In microsoft.public.money, Judy...

Change blanks to 0 (zero)
I need to do an update to change all blank fields to a 0 (zero). In the criteria, I have tried IsNull and it is not returning any of the blank records. I have tried IsEmpty and I get a message that say mismatch. What can I enter in the criteria that will recognize all of the blank fields? -- Thank you, Jodie >>What can I enter in the criteria that will recognize all of the blank fields? There are more than one thing that can appear as a blank. There are nulls and zero lenght strings. Use this to pull both -- Is Null OR "" That is two double quotes. -...

Filling in blank PO
Hi everybody, I have some question to you, when you create blank PO, then go to content and click Add Item you can see tw boxes. In top one there are all items from your database and in bottom one there are Items you are adding. If you reach number of rows visible in bottom window there is scroll bar comming on right hand side, and as you add more items every new ona is going to the very bottm of the list which is in invisible area. To get there and type in Qty you have to scroll down whole list every time when you add next item. I'm using most recent updates for RMS and I checked i...

Do Not count blank cells
Hi all!! I have been trying to figure out how to NOT have excel count blank cells when it is counting my information that my formulas are telling it to count. This is my current formula (array): =SUMPRODUCT(--(oc!$C$1:$C$1000=435),--(oc!$H$1:$H$2000="approved"),--(oc!$D$1:$D$1000="telemedicine") I have to put a space in each blank cell (which could be a bunch) Thanks Dee -- imjustme ------------------------------------------------------------------------ imjustme's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26854 View this thread:...

SOP Blank Invoice tax Details for exempt
Hi, I know to set the tax details to print on SOP invoices. However, if my tax is either non-taxable or tax exempt it does not print on the invoice. I figured it would show the detail of zero for tax exempt since it is set as a schedule/detail. Is it intended to only show tax details greater than zero? thx, Doug -- Doug Wilson Great Plains Consultant MCS Canada ...

Headers in OL 2000 have the "From" field blank
Hello, We have a user with Outlook 2000 on their system. Internet emails that have been coming in recently for the last week or two have had the "From" field (this would be the sender or email address) blank. I tried using the SCANPST file, but that did not recover or correct this. How can these messages be restored? Is there a way to "requery" the mail server to retrieve these messages again? The mail server is set to hold the messages for quite a while (more than 2 or 3 months). Is there any other utility that can fix this? Thanks. Mike McWhinney ...

Inserting Blank Lines ?
Hello, I looked in their Help, but couldn't find. How do I "Insert", e.g., 20 blank lines between some existing data lines ? Would like to do it in a single step. Thanks, Bob Sub rowsinserttwenty() For i = Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row To 1 Step -1 If Cells(i, 1) <> "" And Cells(i, 1) <> "" Then _ Cells(i, 1).Resize(20, 1).entirerow.Insert Next i End Sub Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 13:34:07 -0500, Bob <rgsros@notme.invalid> wrote: >Hello, > >I looked in their Help, but couldn...

Blank Emails, using Express
A week ago my emails stopped opening, well they opened, but they were all blank, even my old messages, im using Outlook Express and was wondering if anyone had the same problem. Ive uninstalled/reinstalled twice and messed with cookie settings also. When i try to open the messages i just get a blank page with a blinking rectangle like the text cursor. I can export the files to Original Outlook fine, but i want my Express to work again. Thanks. On 29 Apr 2004 12:26, "Matt" <vorclyman@yahoo.com> wrote: >A week ago my emails stopped opening, well they opened, but they ...

Blank Replies
Windows LiveMail has begun automatically sending blank replies to e-mails I have read. I did not have this problem with LiveMail on my old PC running XP. It began a few days ago with my two-week old PC running Win7. How can I stop it from doing this? -- wblane I suspect you are referring to Windows Live Hotmail instead of Windows Live Mail. If that is the case you probably have the Vacation response ticked in error. If that is so, you can fix it by doing the following: 1. In Windows Live Hotmail, Click on "Options" 2. Click on "More Options" 3. ...

HR reports printing blank
Hello: I'm printing a few HR employee reports on Dynamics GP 9.0 in Fabrikam. No data is printing when I choose Pilar Ackerman. Any ideas as to hwo to get data to print? Thanks! childofthe1980s Have you loaded the sample HR data? Are you entering any data manually? Try doing that and run a report. -- Charles Allen, MVP "childothe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > I'm printing a few HR employee reports on Dynamics GP 9.0 in Fabrikam. No > data is printing when I choose Pilar Ackerman. > > Any ideas as to hwo to get data to print? > > Thanks...

Blank Userform
Hi all, I have a slight problem, I have some code which adds rows with formfields in to a table in a protected form. These formfields have text in which is dependant upon users ticking checkboxes. Before adding the rows my code checks to see if particular rows have already been added to the table so that these rows are not added again. The whole macro takes about 30 seconds to run and to save users seeing Word 'dance' and the screen flash, I have tried to utilise a userform to appear for the duration of the code. Unfortunately the body of the userform turns bla...

Blank tasks appearing in Outlook 2002.
I have a user who is experiencing a reoccurring problem with her tasks in Outlook. Every time she clicks on her calendar, in Outlook 2002, a blank task appears under her task folder. In addition; anyone viewing her calendar, from their respective PCs, that click on her calendar generates a blank task in the original user’s task folder. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? ...

Hide label and field if blank
How do I hide the label and field if field is blank? Thanks in advance. Are you working in MS Access? Are you working on a form or a report? Which version of Access? More info, please Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "jhicsupt" <jhicsupt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4AF5FB29-9B63-43DB-BD82-547467F75F54@microsoft.com... > How do I hide the label and field if field is blank? > > Thanks in advance. I found this thread and need the same answer: I am working in MS Access 2003. I want to print a report from a table that has a list of ...