How do I create a pdf or txt file?

I need to get my word files that save as (.doc) to a (.txt or .pdf) file. Is
there anyway to do that without the software?
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01CA7C42.604BDA30

Hi Deana,

This newsgroup is specifically for matters dealing with Microsoft =
Project.  I suggest you try to find a more appropriate newsgroup that =
deals with Word problems.

However, from the Save As... dialog, at the bottom is Type selection =
which should have .txt or .pdf option for you to choose.

Mike Glen
Project MVP

  "Deana, Minnesota" <Deana, Minnesota@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote =
in message news:C943D68C-8D97-4BFD-8772-D99364B10441@microsoft.com...
  I need to get my word files that save as (.doc) to a (.txt or .pdf) =
file. Is=20
  there anyway to do that without the software?
------=_NextPart_000_0012_01CA7C42.604BDA30

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DWindows-1252 =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16466"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Hi Deana,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">This newsgroup is specifically for =
matters=20
dealing with Microsoft Project.&nbsp; I suggest you try to find a more=20
appropriate newsgroup that deals with Word&nbsp;problems.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">However, from the Save As... dialog, =
at the=20
bottom is Type&nbsp;selection which should have .txt or .pdf option for =
you to=20
choose.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Mike Glen</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Project MVP</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Deana, Minnesota" &lt;Deana, <A=20
  title=3D"mailto:Minnesota@discussions.microsoft.com&#10;CTRL + Click =
to follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Minnesota@discussions.microsoft.com">Minnesota@discussions=
..microsoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
title=3D"news:C943D68C-8D97-4BFD-8772-D99364B10441@microsoft.com&#10;CTRL=
 + Click to follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"news:C943D68C-8D97-4BFD-8772-D99364B10441@microsoft.com">news:C94=
3D68C-8D97-4BFD-8772-D99364B10441@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>I=20
  need to get my word files that save as (.doc) to a (.txt or .pdf) =
file. Is=20
  <BR>there anyway to do that without the =
software?</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01CA7C42.604BDA30--

0
Mike
12/13/2009 10:19:45 PM
Deana,

Check to see if you have any PDF writers in your printer selection.  Open
the Word document that you want to convert to pdf.  Select FILE | PRINT.
Review the list of printers to see if there is a PDF selection.  Select the
PDF printer and enter PRINT.  A dialog box will open to allow you to give the
document a file name.  This will save the document as a pdf file.

If there is not a pdf writer in your printer selection, a free pdf writer is
available at: http://www.cutepdf.com/products/cutepdf/Writer.asp

"Deana, Minnesota" wrote:

> I need to get my word files that save as (.doc) to a (.txt or .pdf) file. Is
> there anyway to do that without the software?

Creating array of specific object types dynamically
Hi, little gotcha. Some COM objects requires array of specific type. To give you example, following DOESN'T work: [array]$X = @() However below code works: [int32[]]$X = @() For my framework, array type can be dynamic and I don't know in advance what type it's going to be. So what I would need is below: [$PropertyType[]]$X = @() This doesn't work with error message "Unable to find type". As a workaround, I solved it using following: Invoke-Expression "[$$PropertyType[]]`$Var = @()" This code works as expected, I am just curious if ...

Distribution Files for MFC in VS .net 2003

file cloning
I was wondering. How come it is possible to clone a file (using right click copy/paste file), but not possible to do this for other documents (apps and clip-art etc)?. Could it be possible to have an add-in in excel to prevent people from copying documents on their desktop?? -- shnim1 You can copy files that way (rightclick|copy, rightclick|paste). But most windows applications are no longer just simple .exe files (like back in the old DOS days). They usually have tons of other stuff that gets installed with them--and that stuff gets scattered all over your harddrive (windows folder, wi...

automaticly create graph
what i would like to do is create a spread sheet where by i entered the fixed and variable costs as well as the selling price. i would then like a graph to automaicly change and display the this info. Does anyone know how to do this. Decide which cells on the spreadsheet you wish to include in the chart. Select those cells. Follow the menu option: Insert/ Chart, and answer the questions in the wizard. Have you looked in Excel help at the topics concerned with charts, starting with "Create a chart"? Have you looked at the training material under http://office.microsoft.com/...

Create static text from cell reference

how to build the netsample ipconfig to the exe file?
C:\WINCE500\public\common\oak\drivers\netsamp\ipconfig\ipconfig.cpp i want to make ipconfig.exe. and i could found the sample code. but it source code builded to the lib file. in ipconfig sources files, TARGETNAME=ipconfig TARGETTYPE=LIBRARY SOURCES= \ $(TARGETNAME).cpp the project is .lib file. but the source code has a _tmain() funciton in the source. it's looks possible to compile to the exe file. how can it compile to the exe file? You can add the SYSGEN_NETUTILS and you will have the ipconfig.exe integrated to your OS. Search ipconfig in the cat...

Creating a Graph
hi all, i want to create a grapg dynamically getting the values from a file.. take for example the first row is the x axis and the second row is the y axis. i am planning to do this in mfc. what needs to be done for this.. if somebody has an example relating this please send me the link or the code.. thanks Read the data. Plot it. First, you have to read the data. You read the data and build an array of <x,y> pairs in whatever way you want to save them, e.g., int, float, double. This is pretty elementary programming. To do a graph in a very fancy way, you should use an existing gra...

retrieving folders.old file

outlook can't receive exe files

Excel 2000 vs. Excel 2002

Opening .prn files in XL2000

Import reg files into Registry, without UAC
Hi, I've got a .reg file to be imported silently in a batch. The file contains only entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, therefore can be imported without elevation. This works well with the regedit /s switch on limited accounts, however on admin accounts, elevation UAC prompt is still shown, even though it's not needed. How can I prevent this? Thanks, Jens Jens M´┐Żller wrote: >Hi, > >I've got a .reg file to be imported silently in a batch. The file contains >only entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, therefore can be imported without >elevation. >...

Retreive a deleted file
How can I retreive a delted file Hi Janet If you have setup Excel to automatically create backup copies; then check that folder for the last backed-up version....If it is from your PC, check out the Recylcle Bin (on your desktop) and restore the file. If the file was on a network drive you may need to contact your network administrator and check whether they can recover. -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Janet" wrote: > How can I retreive a delted file Go into your Recycle Bin. If deleted from there; http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/recover-deleted-files.htm ...

Log file
Where do i find my log files? On an NT based system: go to start, run, type eventvwr, then hit enter. There you'll see the application, system, and security logs. >-----Original Message----- >Where do i find my log files? >. > ...

Create a Loop for create a phone call
Hi Best Regards Excuse me for my bad english I am developing a workflow, which must create automatically phone calls and assign them to certain users of the following way: it must create the number of 10 calls and to assign them to user 1, to create 5 calls and to assign them to user 2 etc the data of the phone calls is in a database I am trying to create a loop but I have not found like I am thankful for your help regards You will need to do this using the CRM SDK/web service. Do something like : CrmService service = new CrmService(); // Setup the CrmService class here foreach (U...

Creating formulas to calculate time on a 24 hr time clock
I have to create a spreadsheet that will calculate total hrs worked. I've tried several different ways but I guess I don't know enough about building formulas to actually make the thing work. For example, I used a basic formula D3=A3-B3+IF(A3>B3,1)*12. This works to show the time but not the number of hours worked. If an employee comes in 1/2 hour late, it does not properly calculate this. How can I correct my formula? MW I have tried your formula and it works fine (with start time in B3 and finish time in A3). Format the reult as h:mm and it's OK. Andy "MWI...

how to read .MSG files without Outlook ?
How to read .MSG files without Outlook ? Do you know a good .msg viewer ? Thanks to everybody ... E. to the best of my knowledge, there isn;t a msg viewer. You need to use outlook or exchange messaging client. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ ...

Need to show file properties dialog box
Hello I need to show the shell's file properties dialog box. I tried converting old vb6 code into vb.net but it gives me error. Here's my code: Private Structure SHELLEXECUTEINFO Dim cbSize As Long Dim fMask As Long Dim hwnd As Long Dim lpVerb As String Dim lpFile As String Dim lpParameters As String Dim lpDirectory As String Dim nShow As Long Dim hInstApp As Long Dim lpIDList As Long Dim lpClass As String Dim hkeyClass As Long Dim dwHotKey As Long D...