How do I add a comment onto a specific task in Project?

I need to be able to add a specific comment onto a task so it show just like
it does in Excel.  Notes in the task information box is not good enough.
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Check out the text box options in the Drawing toolbar.  That will add a comment
to the Gantt Chart.

- Andrew Lavinsky
Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm

> I need to be able to add a specific comment onto a task so it show
> just like it does in Excel.  Notes in the task information box is not
> good enough.

0
Andrew
1/13/2010 7:26:38 PM
Let me add to Andrews post--  When you are done creating the Text Box on the
Gantt chart, right click on it and select Properties.  From there you can
force the box to attach itself to a specific date or task.

It is not possible to have a "Hover over me comment" like excel on the left
side of the Gantt.  You'll have to use the Notes filed on the left side.
--
If this post was helpful, please consider rating it.

Jim Aksel, MVP

Check out my blog for more information:
http://www.msprojectblog.com

"Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:

> Check out the text box options in the Drawing toolbar.  That will add a comment
> to the Gantt Chart.
>

> - Andrew Lavinsky
> Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
>
> > I need to be able to add a specific comment onto a task so it show
> > just like it does in Excel.  Notes in the task information box is not
> > good enough.
> >

> .

Tab to specific cells
I am using excel 2002 and my boss 2003. I want to tab to specific cells in my work sheet. Can anyone help me get started? You could try the named range approach. Select your *second* cell for data entry and then hold down <Ctrl> and continue to select all the rest of the desired cells in order, ending with selecting your *first* cell *last*. While the cells are still selected, click in the name box and give this range a short name such as "Entry1". Now, when you're ready for data entry, simply click on the range name in the name box. The focus for the range is th...

change fonts for specific fields in a report
A Great Plains report prints checks. The check amount field is too small and needs to be increased. How does one change the font of a particular field in a Great Plains report? If the report is a text report, you can't change the font. If it's a graphical report, click on the field and press <Ctrl-D>. "caincognito@yahoo.com" wrote: > A Great Plains report prints checks. The check amount field is too > small and needs to be increased. How does one change the font of a > particular field in a Great Plains report? > > If it is a text report, you...

link to specific sheet in excel file which contains points and spaces
I am trying to make a link in Acces to an Excel file. This excel file contains several sheet with different names. My form in Access has a field that corresponds to the name of the excel sheets (Formname in script). When the name in the form contains points or spaces my link to the sheet with the same name does not work. I tried to put brackets [] on either side of the name, but then linking does not work at all. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Code (works when Formname.Value does not contain spaces or points etc): Private Sub CommandActionRegister3_Click() Dim Locatio...

Implication of setting the Publish Task field to No
Hi all, Can anyone pls advise of what the implications are on setting the publish task field to no in terms of reporting. For example if using reports from the resource centre to review actual work by resource will non published tasks be included. Or if running a report through the OLAP cube? Further should fields like total project costs displayed in the Project Centre or OLAP reports display the total minus the non published tasks? We are currently setting a number of project tasks to publish No to simplify the timesheet experience for resources but are noting a number of ...

Cant re-assign a task to yourself once allocated to someone else
Hi, we use a job funnel to group all the upcoming tasks together, then someone allocates them out. But they cant allocate any tasks to themself. The "Owner" keeps changing back to the origional name the task was assigned to. Creating a new task and assigning it to yourself works fine. Re-assigning a task to anyone else also works fine. Is this a bug or a permission issue? Rohan - was a bug introduced in Rollup1 and has been fixed, apparently, in Rollup 3 which was released last week. if you look at the KB for Ru3: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/961768 you can search it for t...

Reports
Sorry if this may seem an obvious question; I've recently started with CRM 3.0 and have been staring at it for too long! I have created a custom field on the case form called TimeSpent. On my journey to Utopia (to send e-mail automatically to client with Case Desc, Time Spent, Time Remaining) my immediate basic requirement is just to have TimeSpent as one of the columns. So, until I get to Utopia, I generate report - Export to Excel - click to drill down - and I have most of columns except for my custom TimeSpent! Can anyone help me Regards Did you publish your customizations? Hi F...

Can I add a baseline value to a chart?
I have a chart that shows results of tests taken on different dates to show improvement. I need to add a baseline to the chart showing the Desired Result. From an earlier reply: You can add the lines to the chart by using extra data series. Here is a collection of examples. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Jeanine" <Jeanine@...

How do I Add and Subtract percentages in cells
Can anybody help I am trying to add and subtract percentages from cells deducting tax from wages etc. How do i go about it.As i am new to excel Thanks in advance. Ron Ronnie Check out this on-line tutorial for Excel. http://www.usd.edu/trio/tut/excel/index.html Specifically the "Basic Math" section. http://www.usd.edu/trio/tut/excel/13.html Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 1 Aug 2004 23:06:56 +0100, "Ronnie" <ronnie@broraweb.co.uk> wrote: >Can anybody help I am trying to add and subtract percentages from cells >deducting tax from wages etc. >How do i ...

Can I add additional emoticons to Communicator 2007?
I would like to increase the available emoticons in Communicator 2007. Anyone know how? AFAIK, you can't but this would be better asked in the Communication server forums. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outlook do you use? http://forums.slip...

Ann: GoogXL 1.0
Internet Search with GoogXL: GoogXL is a free Microsoft ExcelT add-in that provides Internet search using the Google API from within Excel. Features: Quick Search box in integrated toolbar Advanced Search dialog Results entered in active worksheet at selected active cell More Information at http://www.bitogo.com//infopath/googxl.html -- InfoPath, Inc. http://www.bitogo.com/infopath/index.html ...

Task 'Work
When downloading an email with an Excel attachment (I have had this happen with both '97 - 2003 and 2007 formats) I get this error: Task 'Work - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The mail administrator at our ISP sees no issues on his side. If I do not download with Outlook 2007 I can go into my webmail and the email is there and I can get the attachment. It also appears in my Blackberry mailbox. However, wh...

How Project Calculates Slipped, Slipping, and In Progress
Can someone please explain how Microsoft Project classifies tasks into the following categories for filtering purposes: Slipped Tasks, Slipping Tasks, In Progress Tasks. I am using Microsoft Project 2007. Thanks! Connie Connie, Easiest thing to do is look at how Project defines them in the filter. Menu: Project/Filtered For/More Filters/ .... select the filter of interest, then press the Edit button. You can there how they are defined. --rms www.rmschneider.com Connie wrote: > Can someone please explain how Microsoft Project classifies tasks into >...

Cannot Add Photo
HI, under the Account entity, I have several tabs like General,Notes.. and a Photo tab. ıf I click on that tab (as I create a new account) it displays an error message. "An error has occured.Contact system adminis..." what can I do? do I have a possibility like adding a picture from my own computer,not from internet. for instance is it possible to add a picture from harddisk to Photo tab? ty ...

Add path of a picture to database
I'm trying to add a button to form in the database that I use for employee records. The button should have to open a regular dialog box to let me choose the picture of an employee. I need to store only the path. What should I do ? I tried several ways but could not succeeded. Thank you very much in advance. Gokhan ® Check this link on "Handle/Display images in forms/database" http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0030.htm -- Good Luck BS"D "Gokhan ®" wrote: > I'm trying to add a button to form in the database that I use for employee > ...

VBA project password
I've locked one of my ms access vba project by password for sometime and now i forget abt it, are there any utilities can review maybe just 2 charaters or more ? if i can know that i can remember. Thanks Daniel "Daniel" <danieltbt04@yahoo.com> wrote > I've locked one of my ms access vba project by password for sometime and now > i forget abt it, are there any utilities can review maybe just 2 charaters > or more ? if i can know that i can remember. Thanks Did you Google on all the words "Access" "password" and "recovery&qu...

How can I go to a specific page number in a large document
How do I go to a specific page number in a large word document. Read the replies to your earlier identical post -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "yisaajao" <yisaajao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFC4289D-FC93-4C1B-951B-DB08CED833...

Recommendations for Add-On that helps Prioritise Activities
Any recommendations for an add-on that allows sales persons to view open activities in a flexible and informative manner. For example, it would be nice to have a column that shows the containing entity (Account, Contact, Opportunity … etc) and allows the user to add/remove columns from the containing activity (for example, the Account Classification field … then a busy salesperson would be able to say ‘I have heaps to do today, but I can sort this activity list by account type and focus on my premium accounts). Thanks In Advance Bill We have and Add-On called "GroupCalendar for M...

can I add a link in Publisher to display, "join our email list"?
I am creating a fairly simply website and need to add a button for visitors to join our email list. Is this possible in Publisher? Please post your question in the web group and we will try to help you there: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign or http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&lang=en&cr=US Always include the version of Publisher you are using, the URL of your site and as much detail as possible. DavidF "mfreecox" <mfreecox@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Add the same field twice to a pivot table but filter one of them?
In my datasheet, I have a "cost" column and a "date" column so each cost has an associated date. In my pivot table, I've added the "cost" as a field, which shows the total and this is fine. However, I'd like to add the "cost" as a field again and this time selecting which dates to include in the cost number so that I have two cost fields side by side. Is something like this possible? Hi That is not possible in the same PT. You will need to set up a second PT based upon the same data set as the first but do NOT use the same Pivot Cache to save ...

Determining and Printing a specific page
I have a HUGE Excel spreadsheet and I only want to print a certain page. Is there any way that I can tell what page the row resides on so that I can specifically print only that page of the spreadsheet??? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in advance! "wnfisba" <wnfisba@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F732030-938F-411B-9C46-B1885E6EAD33@microsoft.com... >I have a HUGE Excel spreadsheet and I only want to print a certain page. Is > there any way that I can tell what page the row resides on so that I can > specifically print only that p...

Install and set up the Microsoft Office Project Add-in for Outlook
The language used by the add-in must match the language used by Outlook. For example, if Outlook uses Japanese, the add-in must also use Japanese,and If the languages do not match, the add-in will not work. How can I download Japanese add-in for Japanese outlook for Microsoft project server 2007 that installed in Engilish? Have you tried the Project Language Pack 2007 SP1? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=d322ba67-b199-4503-8aff-6813b320d708 HTH "Bahram" <Bahram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

can comment indicator color be changed?
Hi when you put a comment in a cell the indicator is red but I have cells that are conditionally formatted to come up red if out of spec and can't see the indicator. Can the color be changed and if so how please. Thanks Karl AFAIK, no, you can't change this. Maybe you can change your CF color. Bright yellow? On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:27:02 -0700, "Karl" <Karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi when you put a comment in a cell the indicator is red but I have cells >that are conditionally formatted to come up red if out of spec and can't see >the indic...

Viewing Tasks sub-folders in Outlook Today
Using Outlook 2003. Only the default Tasks folder is viewable under Mailbox- Outlook Today. If you create additional Tasks subfolders they are not. Is there a way to have them all viewable while in Outlook-Today? Not without programming a customizable folder home page. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza/ Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 Author, Absolute Beginner's Guide to OneNote 2003 Lead Author, Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "GD" <wholenshoe@yahoo.com&...

How to goto cell containing specific date
Thought I asked this before, but can't find the thread w/ my question or any replies... I have a worksheet wih a full year's dates in the cells running down a colum, with other data for each date in the the adjacent columns; Instead of scrolling up & down to a cell with a specific date I'm looking for, is there another way to goto a cell containing a specific date? (e.g., today(), or another specific date) In case this is pertinent: the date series begins with the entry of one date (e.g., 01/01/2010 in cell A1), with the dates in subsequent rows arrived at ...

Outlook 2007 add-on
Hello everybody! Wonder is there any outlook 2007 add-on that can show related email messages (even if exchanged between 2, 3 or more persons), based on the similarity of emails' contents? I know Outlook 2007 has the option to arrange columns per "conversation" but if 2 messages have same content with different subjects, they are not included in the "conversation" display.. Any ideas here? Thanks in advance! Steve Tried Xobni? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal ...