How can I customize the Filter Drop down on the formatting toolbar

I want to clear everything out of it, except the customized filters I have
created.  Can i do that?
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Project > Filter by > More Filters, then select each one, Edit, and remove
the checkbox for Show in Menu.

- Andrew Lavinsky
Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm

> I want to clear everything out of it, except the customized filters I
> have created.  Can i do that?

0
Andrew
6/2/2010 4:19:50 PM
I've tried that - it doesn't affect that drop down filter list - whether they
are checked or not.

"Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:

> Project > Filter by > More Filters, then select each one, Edit, and remove
> the checkbox for Show in Menu.
>

> - Andrew Lavinsky
> Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
>
> > I want to clear everything out of it, except the customized filters I
> > have created.  Can i do that?
> >

> .

Hi mdoster,
I don't believe you can remove the filters from the filter
drop-down.  Consider putting an * in front of your custom filters
to force them to show at the top of the list.

I hope this helps.  Let us know how you get along.

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
information about Microsoft Project

On 6/2/2010 1:17 PM, mdoster wrote:
> I've tried that - it doesn't affect that drop down filter list - whether they
> are checked or not.
>

> "Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:
>
>> Project>  Filter by>  More Filters, then select each one, Edit, and remove
>> the checkbox for Show in Menu.
>>

>> - Andrew Lavinsky
>> Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
>>
>>> I want to clear everything out of it, except the customized filters I
>>> have created.  Can i do that?
>>>

>> .

0
JulieS

can i load full version of excel on to a ipaq unit
I wonder, does the IPAQ run the full version of Windows? -- Rob van Gelder - http://www.vangelder.co.nz/excel "ej" <ej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F43C093-F54A-4610-A8B0-72FF1CCA0B72@microsoft.com... > No. You are limited to Pocket Excel. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "ej" <ej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F43C093-F54A-4610-A8B0-72FF1CCA0B72@microsoft.com... > Yeah, and that's terrible too.........I also would like a pocke...

Can not save modification of subject in mail on outlook 2003
Dear All When i try to change the subject and save it on of either mail on outlook 2003,it's error warning as the mentioned "The item could not be saved because it has been changed by another user or in another window.Do you want to make a copy in the default folder for the item?".And,that's remind me with the two choices of "Yes" or "No". If i press the "Yes" button,it will new another item on outlook as just modification,BUT,the original item of mail is still existing on outlook.If I press the "No" button,it will be canc...

Can you use multiple vlookup's to generate one answer?
I need to look up 3 different matches to generate an answer, and I was unsure of how to do this? As an example. I need it to match the piece of fruit, the state it was grown in, and the season, and then for it to return to me who the seller is. In the spreadsheet there are multiple variations of these combinations. Can this be done, what would the formula look like? EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Exchange UserCredential between client and webservice in.NET http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/5cbf012c-41f8-4133-a6bf-e3a718f0d96f/exchange-usercredential-b...

Can't send emails out of Outlook 2003
I just purchased a new laptop and Office 2003. I can receive emails but can't send out. I called Tech24 earlier today- who temporarily fixed the problem (or just lucked out messing with settings) but it's not working again. The settings are correct (I called my ISP). Any suggestions are welcome. If you use the Test Account Settings, what error message(s) do you get? Please post the exact text. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account ...

Customization Certification
a. Can I take CRM Customization Certification Exam if I am not employeed by MBS partner organization? b. Can any VUE/Promotic test centers arrange the test? -OR- MBS exam needs special arrangements, e.g. MBS partner organization code/ employee code? Thanks in advance. yes you can take the exam, as long as you pay :) VUE/Prometric will arrange the test for you, just contact their affiliated exam center near to you :) <nafiur.khandaker@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1172324887.699539.111420@a75g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > a. Can I take CRM Customization Certification Exam if...

Drop down list 04-04-10
I have a drop down list with names in it. I need the names to disappear as they are being selected when you go down to the next row, so when you get to the last row there should only be one name left. Thanks. Take a look at this article from Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal03.html Hope this helps. Pete On Apr 4, 1:50=A0am, Lost Cluster <LostClus...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a drop down list with names in it. I need the names to disappear a= s > they are being selected when you go down to the next row, so wh...

Linking Lists and Filters between Worksheets in Excel
Hello, I have two worksheets in this workbook. One worksheet has the names of students that I have, what classses they are in, and their contact information. The second worksheet has the names of the students that I have, the tests they took, and all the answers they gave for each test. A Hypothetical Example: Worksheet 1: Jerry Economics Classroom #104 Jimmy Finance Classroom #104 Natalie Economics Classroom #334 Amy Finance Classroom #104 Worksheet 2: Jerry...

can i print the training presentations?
Can someone tell me how to print the pages of the training courses like excel?? When i used print all it did was print the top and last line on eacg page but not the info in between?? Is it possible to print it?? Thank you ...

Can there be a header on the first page, but not on the subsequen.
I need to connect several sheets together lengthwise, so I don't want the footer on all the sheets. Is there a way to have it on one sheet, but not the others? Is it possible to have it only on the third sheet, for instance? Thanks- Karen Print those sheets separately & change the page setups. :-( "glaserk" <glaserk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94570E38-0F74-4324-8708-DC14CCAA15F4@microsoft.com... > I need to connect several sheets together lengthwise, so I don't want the > footer on all the sheets. Is there a way to have it on one s...

row and col ref are all num how can I get it back to letters?
in excel 2007 my column and row references are all numbers all of a sudden. How can I get the column references back to letters? To turn R1C1 referencing on or off in Excel 2007: 1. Click the Office Button. 2. Click Excel Options. 3. Switch to the Formulas tab. 4. Click the R1C1 reference style check box. A filled box will enable R1C1, a cleared box will disable it. 5. Click OK. "Julio" wrote: > in excel 2007 my column and row references are all numbers all of a sudden. > How can I get the column references back to letters? ...

how can I view Tabs on the screen
I have turned on View | Special Characters. Everything else shows, but the tabs do not. Any ideas on what may have turned them off? Thank you. kauricat wrote: > I have turned on View | Special Characters. Everything else shows, > but the tabs do not. Any ideas on what may have turned them off? > > Thank you. ================================== Just to clarify...what are you referring to as "tabs"? Also which version of Publisher are you using? -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/ac...

how can you print only odd or even pages on a DJ 1220c
I know I did it before and know I can't find it. I am trying to print on both sides of the paper by printing first odds and then even pages. I am using excel 2000 in windows xp Hi Curtisgriffin Use this macro http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#odd -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Curtisgriffin" <Curtisgriffin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6B9664B-F438-44C5-BBE4-1588849EDC35@microsoft.com... >I know I did it before and know I can't find it. I am trying to print on > both sides of the paper by printing first odds an...

count with data filters on
Is there a way in Excel 2003 to use one of the count functions on a sheet that is using data filters. If I filter a column so that, for example, 10 rows out of a total of 100 rows are currently displayed, to use a counta or countif function to count the rows filtered? In other words, I want the count function to return 10, not 100...thanks in advance for your help! Try using the SUBTOTAL function. The value returned is dependent upon the first argument (parameter) in the function. Example: =SUBTOTAL(9,A2:A100) returns the sum of visible numbers in a filtered range. Here are other 1st ...

Date Format Problem
Hello All, I am using Windows XP/Office 2003 and have the following problems: I am making an attendance sheet where in Cell C4 is having value (01/09/2005) showing Sep-2005 (formatted as mm-yyyy) >From A5 downwards I wish to have the following A5 : 9-1 Thursday A6 : 9-2 Friday A7 : 9-3 Saturday I have entered the following formula in A5 =MONTH(C4)&-DAY(C4)&TEXT(C4,"DDDD") which gives me the desired result as 9-1 Thursday. My problem is when I drag it down it shows me values which I don't want...How can I drag and just have Day and the Weekday incremented as foll...

conditional formatting of a percent
I would like to use Conditional formatting on a percent field that is calculated in my report. The text box field contains the formula =[TotNot]/[TotEmp]. This field displays a percent on my report. I would like to Highlight and Bold the percent if the field is greater then 50%. I have had no luck with the things I have tried. Any suggestions? -- Tracy Using Conditional Formatting on the Format menu (in report design view), set Condition 1 to: > 0.5 -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to ...

In excel can you randomly select lines from another tab to post?
I am looking for a way to randomly select lines from a list of items for work. Is there a way to perform this function in excel? Lets say you have a list of 15 items. =INDEX(A1:A15,RANDBETWEEN(1,15)) Pressing F9 will generate a new random value from your list. Note that RANDBETWEEN requires the Analysis ToolPak add-in. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "qwibble" wrote: > I am looking for a way to randomly select lines from a list of items for > work. Is there a way to perform this function in excel? ...

Copying conditional formats
I can't find anything in help about copying conditional formats to other cells - very frustrated. Help infers that the Format Painter can be used, but that copies all formatting (color, lines, etcetera). How do we just copy the conditional format and none of the other formatting attributes? Why can't we simply apply one of the existing conditional formatting rules from the conditional format menu? copy the cell | go to edit | paste special | format | ok On Nov 23, 3:55=A0pm, "Blue Max" <mailrich...@msn.com> wrote: > I can't find anything in help about ...

Conditional Formats #2
I have to somehow apply a compound conditional format to a worksheet that is only partially shown below. Here is my requirements which are difficult to explain, The correct answers to a multiple choice test are shown in row 2, columns B,D,F,H Students were asked to gauge their confidence in their answers, on a scale from 1-3 which are shown in C,E,G,I I need to conditionally format the answers so that they are Bold Italics if the correct answer appears and color code the cells with the answers depending upon the confidence level (on color for a 1, another for 2, and a third for a 3). ...

Putting a logo into a Custom Header
I am using Excel 2000. I have to create a header, with a company address on the left, and its logo on the right. I have tried pasting it in, and nothing seems to work. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. See: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip014.htm HTH Jason Atlanta, GA "Trish" wrote: > I am using Excel 2000. I have to create a header, with a company address on > the left, and its logo on the right. I have tried pasting it in, and > nothing seems to work. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. > ...

Date format #33
I want to have a column to be my date field. I want to be able to enter for instance 09072005 or 90705 I would like for Excel to be able to convert it to read 09/07/2005. If I format my cell to Date it reads as ########, If I leave my cell as General it excepts the number but does not have the slashes. Thanks for your help. ANN -- AG On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 10:35:03 -0700, "AG" <AG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to have a column to be my date field. I want to be able to enter for >instance 09072005 or 90705 I would like for Excel to be able to convert it t...

Help with displya of time formats
I'm trying to add up some times, ie: 00:01:30 + 00:01:40 - adding one minute and 30 seconds to 1 minute and 40 seconds. I can get the addition to work properyl and yeild the desired result, however the constant displaying of full clock time for the above numbers makes it a real pain to edit the times. Is there a simpler way of displaying time so that there is no date, or AM or PM or the addition of an hour in front of the number (ie 00:01:30 becomes 12:01:30)? Even if I format the number as mm:ss, I still get the hour showing when a number is entered. I was hoping to use Degrees, Minu...

Custom Action
Is there a way to set up a rule to mark a message as read when it is received? In Outlook 2002, you can set this as part of a rule. For Outlook 2000 or earlier, you would need one of these: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/gallery/index.htm#markread http://www.techhit.com/autoread/ -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Garth Bender" <garth.a.bender@wellsfargo.com> wrote in message news:011101c35dd8$3558b170$a401280a@phx.gbl... > ...

CFtpFileFind::FindNextFile() can't get the correct file name. #2
Once I want to get file from HP-UX by FTP. I use MFC CFtpFileFind to find the files under a specified directory in HP-UX, but the return value of CFtpFileFind::GetFileName () is not the correct file name, it includes time (sometimes and date) ahead, such as: 19:30 Mydemofile001.txt 19:35 Mydemofile002.txt but the real file name existed are only Mydemofile001.txt and Mydemofile002.txt. Is there any problem in the low level encapsulated by MFC for FTP list files? Could anyone give me some advice? Thank you. ...

Hi All ~ I've accumulated quite a few customer names, some with the date and purchase amount, in Excel. How would I go about loading this data into the database? Is there a child table to the customer table that contains purchase history? I'm not finding one. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks Jerry Purchase history is in the transaction table - each transaction may be linked to a customer. You do not want to import this data as transactions - you might consider loading it as text into the Customer.Notes field though. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.ti...

Customer NOTES field in Additional tab?
Hi, does anyone know why the NOTES field is so small? Is there anyway to change that? We take a lot of notes on our customers and it's so inconvenient that this field is so small. Thanks, Zorian Zorian, Just keep typing, its unlimited length. -- = "Zorian" <Zorian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:840383FF-7854-40FC-8B0D-C831FDDEEF1E@microsoft.com... > Hi, > does anyone know why the NOTES field is so small? Is there anyway to > change > that? We take a lot of notes on our customers and it's so inconvenient > that > this f...