Headers & Footers with Ampersands

I have a footer I'm trying to add to my document.  When I enter ST&T (my
acronym) what ends up being displayed is ST&[Time] and then the time is shown
on my documents.  I've tried using a double ampersand like excel requires and
as in older version of project, to no avail.    Ultimately I end up not using
the ampersand.   How can I input my acronym correctly and not have the time
be displayed on my documents where it should be.

I am using MS Project 2007 Standard.

Thank You,
Sue
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Sue,

the way Mike described in your earlier post should work. I have no
Standard edition available, but there should be some fields in File ->
Properties (if 'Company' is not available) you can use. Enter your
company name there. You can take these fields to define headers and footers.

Regards
Barbara

Am 24.03.2010 15:05, schrieb Sue:
> I have a footer I'm trying to add to my document.  When I enter ST&T (my
> acronym) what ends up being displayed is ST&[Time] and then the time is shown
> on my documents.  I've tried using a double ampersand like excel requires and
> as in older version of project, to no avail.    Ultimately I end up not using
> the ampersand.   How can I input my acronym correctly and not have the time
> be displayed on my documents where it should be.
>
> I am using MS Project 2007 Standard.
>
> Thank You,
> Sue
0
Barbara

Automatic document file name & path in all new document footers
Will an Office template or other function enable automatic footers on all new documents that includes the file name and path? How? Yes, if you add the Filename \p field to the template footer. It's not advisable to do this in the Normal template, however. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Dora the Explorer" <Dora the Explorer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6569F09-768E-4F1C-9C31-366EB9290794@microsoft.com... > Will an Office template or other function enable aut...

Problems with Headers/Footers
I've put together a rather lengthy document, using a template I had found. The template has set headers and footer in it; however, somehow I have a situation where many pages have the same header/footer reference (i.e. "Footer- Section 7-"). As a result all the pages with the same footer reference have the same page number. Is there any way for me to do a max fix of the header/footer issue, so that I can get correct page numbers at the bottom of each page? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. The first thing to check is if the footer actually cont...

custom header
Is it possible to link my custom header to the name tab on my work sheet? If my tab name is March 2009, I don't want to re type this in my print header. Also can these tabs be automated for example insert current date? Which version of Excel? 2002 and newer have that functionality when setting up Custom Headers or Footers. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 12:58:02 -0700, ct_pws_3 <ctpws3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to link my custom header to the name tab on my work sheet? If >my tab name is March 2009, I don't want to re type th...

Header
I have a spreadsheet that prints out on 3 pages of A4. However, the header prints at the top of each page. How do I get it to print at the top of the first page, only, please? Gareth -- For essential news about Huddersfield Town Football Club join the Terriers Mailing List at www.Terriers.me.uk . Two separate print jobs are required. You can use a macro to speed it up but it is still two print jobs. See Ron de Bruin's site for code. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 02:46:28 +0100, "Gareth J Dykes" <firstname.lastname@btinternet.com> wrote: >I ...

Can you put a border in a header
A co-worker needs to put a border in the header due to limited print area, but there doesn't seem to be a way unless you import a graphic - any ideas? ...

Form Header Control problem
I have a form based on a query that displays fields in the form header and data is entered in the detail section. When I use the record selector to go through the records the data in the detail area is updated but not the header section. I added the header section so that I could insert a tab control at the top of the detail section. Thanks in advance for any input. ...

Swapping headers
Is there a way to swap the column and row names so that I can click/drag ascending nunbers horizontally and letters vertically? In cells A 1 to A 5 type:- 1 2 3 4 5 Highlight the above cells and then Ctrl-C to copy. Go to cell H 5 (for example). Home / Paste / Transpose / the numbers 1 to 5 will now appear horizontally. In cells A 6 to E 6 type:- abcde Highlight the above cells and then Ctrl-C to copy. Go to cell K 9 (for example). Home / Paste / Transpose / the letters a to e will now appear vertically. I am not sure from your posting if the above...

removing headers
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I have followed all of the directions to get rid of a header I never put on, but nothing works. It says 'click on the header', but my cursor will not click on the header. How do I get rid of this? *What* says 'click on the header'? To get into the Header/Footer layer directly requires a double-click. Alternatively you can use the menu to access it if you go to View> Header & Footer. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/27/10 3:52 PM, in article 59bb78ef.-1@webcross...

Column Headers #7
How do I print Column Headers on every page? File | Page Setup | Sheet Put the row you want to Repeat in the spot provided for Rows to Repeat at top. tj "Cscritch" wrote: > How do I print Column Headers on every page? ...

How to apply both Italic & Bold in Header & Footer?
I would like to apply both Italic & Bold in Header & Footer. Is it possible? File|Page Setup|Custom Header. Select the "A" button (Font formatting). -- Ian -- "Regina Man" <ReginaMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A1D4AB8-96B8-4F2B-9E98-A0803F984FD2@microsoft.com... >I would like to apply both Italic & Bold in Header & Footer. > Is it possible? ...

malformed reply headers
Does anyone know why my headers in reply message in body of email are looking like this : $#OrgMsg~ $#From~ $From~ ~$HeaderAddress~ ~$#SentRepresenting~ ~$SentRepresenting~ $#ClientSubmitTime~ $ClientSubmitTime~ ~$#To~ ~$To~ ~$#Cc~ ~$Cc~ $#Subject~ $Subject~ ~$#HeaderImportance~ ~$HeaderImportance~ ~$#HeaderSensitivity~ ~$HeaderSensitivity~ The info should of course have the regular font with persons name, date ,etc. This is only happening on my one PC and only through Outlook 2002, not my web exchange account. I have uninstalled everything , I have created new profiles. I have done it...

What happened to the functionality of the ObjModel header files?
I'm porting a MFC application from MSVC 6.0 to MSVC 7.1. In our older version, our code makes use of several header files from the ObjModel directory. These directories have been eliminated in the 7.1 version. Where can we find the functionality that was part of these files? ...

Outlook 2002 and Full Header Info.
My wife is using Outlook 2002 and recently we had a need to see the originating IP address on particular piece of email and it wasn't shown in the full header information. I use Alpine (Pine) on a Slackware system and when I look at my headers, the IP address of the originating PC is normally shown so it would appear that Outlook 2002 is not saving that information. A search of the web reveals tweaks for Outlook 2003 and 2007 with regedit to force Outlook to save all the header information that arrives with the email but I have not been able to find such information for ...

Getting rid of header after first page
Hi! I´m working on a document with about ten (10) pages. On the first page I have a header with date, name address, phone, email address and so on. I don´t want to have that header in the following pages so I searched for help on how to get rid of those headers. I got the information that first I have to insert a Section Break so I did that after the first page (I´m able to see the "marks" of the Section Break). Beeing on page 2 I then selected "Header", marked all the text and pressed "Delete". The header on page 2 was gone but...

How to add extra headers to outlook 03?
Folks, I use Entourage and I can add an extra header to all mail and posts. Something like "x-no-archive+yes". I use Outlook 2003 at work and wanted to add such a header to all mail I send. Is there a way to do that? Thanks for the info. -N no, not easily. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Out...

Hiding the header
How do we hide the header on the first page of a document. We don't want it to print or be visible when we do a "print preview". Can anyone help? I do not believe you can set different headers/footers; it's either all printed pages or none. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Donna" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:022101c3c339$53067470$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do we hide the header on the first page of a > document. We don't want it to print or be visible when we > do a "pri...

SmartHosting, but still carries my IP in the header
I've seen several people with this same question, but I've not seen the exact answer I'm needing. Here is the situation. I have a BellSouth ADSL connection with a static IP address....at least it is a "static" DHCP address, meaning I always get that one, but it is listed as a dynamic to the rest of the world. It is the IP that my MX is set to. Well, I have recently had trouble sending to some domains. I have found that those domains are filtering my mail out because there is no PTR record and Bellsouth lists this IP as dynamic. So, I setup a smart host to forward all...

Disabling the "&[Time]" or "&[T]" in Excel headers and footers
Every time I require an Excel header or footer that has a company name with "&T" (such as "AT&T" or "BS&T"), the "&T" in the header or footer gets converted to a HH:MM timestamp when printing out. When I go back to edit the header or footer, the "&T" has been replaced with "&[Time]". Of course, Excel Help does not seem to acknowledge that it has a "&[Time]" function or macro. How does one disable this function? Input the ampersand twice, as it is normally an operation character. ...

Redirect loses some header information
Hi, Apologies if this is a repeat question - i looked thru this group but couldn't find the solution. I'm set up a redirect rule to redirect mail from my exchange server to a gmail account. However, when i open the message in gmail, it looks like the message was sent only to me - all the other recipients don't show up. Now this is fine for most cases, but sometimes I'd like to know who else the mail was sent to. Is there any way to change the redirect rule to include the information about other recipients ? I'm using Outlook 2000. cheers Ujjwal no, because if it'...

Draw columns headers in CListCtrl
Hi, overriding Drawitem i can draw items by myself, but how to draw your own columns header!? Thanks.. Ale You'd need to subclass the header control Jase "Ale" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:024801c3bf63$a9760f20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > overriding Drawitem i can draw items by myself, but how to > draw your own columns header!? > > Thanks.. > > Ale ...

'header status' column with IMAP
Hi there, I use an IMAP account with Outlook 2003 (and 2002 at work). Whenever I delete messages, and they get the grey strike-through, also this extra column called 'header status' also automatically appears. I don't want/need this column. I'd rather not remove it manually every time I delete messages. Any ideas on how I can prevent this column from appearing? Thanks, Pieter Thomasson Create a custom view that doesn't have that field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickSt...

header in right or left margin?
Does anyone know of a way to add a header to the right and left margins of an excel or word document? I have a document in Excel that is in Landscape view. We need to add a header and footer....but......the header and footer need to be in the left and right margin with the text running vertical. The info in the table needs to stay horizontal. Michelle It's not standard functionality, but if you move the data, say from Column A to column C, you could put text in column A and rotate it via Format>Cells...>Alignment. You will have to set the vertical and horizontal alignmen...

headers/footers #3
How can I clear/delete old headers and footers from the Header drop down button list? -- Sadie never mind figured it out... -- Sadie "Sadie" wrote: > How can I clear/delete old headers and footers from the Header drop down > button list? > -- > Sadie ...

Headers and Footers #9
I have tried linking the sheets together and going to page setup and changing the footer. However this also alters all the other page setup functions as well. Like if the original sheet is in landscape it changes all the other sheets to landscape too, or changes the print range to the same too. I simply just want the same footer on the all sheets without having to go into each sheet to change it. ...

CSV header file
I have to change the default smtp address for a domain. Not sure how to implement the CSV file and store it in the exchange directory. Must also keep the old domain name. Running exchange 5.5. Thanks -- Joed You need to read up on bulk import/exports in Exchange 5.5: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=155414 The field you require is 'secondary-proxy-addresses', without the quotes obviously. :) -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Joed" <Joed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D...