Gantt Chart Missing One Task Line When Printed

Hello!

I am completely stumped here with Project 2007. When printing the gantt
chart line 30 of my plan is blank. The line number is there, but the task
info and bar is blank. It shows up in print preview. All other lines show up
fine and the rest of the project prints fine as per my print settings - just
missing one line!

Printer drivers are updated, software has current update - anyone ever heard
of this? I really appreciate your help!
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Jean,

Do you see a different answer if you turn off 3D bars?  Tools > Options,
View tab.  There were some early problems with 3D bars and particularly
Adobe PDF.

Ensure you have the latest service pack installed (SP2).

I hope this helps.  Let us know how you get along.
Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
information about Microsoft Project

On 1/5/2010 10:43 AM, Jean wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am completely stumped here with Project 2007. When printing the gantt
> chart line 30 of my plan is blank. The line number is there, but the task
> info and bar is blank. It shows up in print preview. All other lines show up
> fine and the rest of the project prints fine as per my print settings - just
> missing one line!
>
> Printer drivers are updated, software has current update - anyone ever heard
> of this? I really appreciate your help!

0
JulieS

Print Command Button Corrupted
Hi Guys, Does anyone know how to recreate a corrupted button in Excel 2000? Basically the Print button comes up with error messages when I press onto it. Printing works fine if you select from the File menu, it is just the button. I thought there was a tool to recreate buttons but cannot find it. I have also run detect and repair which did nothing (Surprise surprise! lol) Any ideas would be much appreciated. Try this: In Excel XP, View, Toolbars, Customize. Select the Standard toolbar and Click the Reset Button. Note, that this will cause any customization that you may have made to you...

Chart wizard funcitonality in Excel 2007?
I hope I'm missing something in Excel 2007. In Excel 2003, the chart wizard gives you access to lots of options when you create a graph--graph type, data range, the various series (including the X axis labels), the chart title and axis titles, gridlines, legends, and others. It doesn't take long to create the graph with most of the options you want and then tweak it pretty quickly. In Excel 2007, it seems that every option is a separate button/menu/choice. Setting the chart title, the x-axis title, and the y-axis title are three different operations. Ditto for pretty much everyt...

Creating a Combination Bar Chart with 2 Lines
I am trying to create a bar chart with 2 line series. The Y-axis for the vertical bars would be on the left and the Y-axis for the 2 line series would be on the right (3 series were defined). The horizontal axis for all series are calendar months (Jan, Feb, etc.) Every time I setup the chart my chart only displays a single line, ignoring the other line series. The vertical bars come out fine. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong? Thanks Bill Falzone Don't use the built in types. Make the chart using all columns. Select a series that you want to change (click on it right in th...

"TOOLS" menu missing from menu bar #2
"TOOLS" menu is completely missing from the menu bar in Publisher 2003. How do I put it back? Might try a "detect and repair" Meanwhile, right-click a toolbar, click customize, scroll down to built-in menus, drag the tools menu to your toolbar. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Anil Gupta" <AnilGupta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C7ADC1E-A6E9-4F01-8C06-01B92AC7B97B@microsoft.com... > "TOOLS" menu is completely missing from the menu bar in Publisher 20...

Add the same field twice to a pivot table but filter one of them?
In my datasheet, I have a "cost" column and a "date" column so each cost has an associated date. In my pivot table, I've added the "cost" as a field, which shows the total and this is fine. However, I'd like to add the "cost" as a field again and this time selecting which dates to include in the cost number so that I have two cost fields side by side. Is something like this possible? Hi That is not possible in the same PT. You will need to set up a second PT based upon the same data set as the first but do NOT use the same Pivot Cache to save ...

Printing Question
I have a report that I have been doing in Excel but is better done in Access. However, the report is too large to print on a single page and that is a necessity. With Excel, I just adjusted the scaling. I can't seem to do that with Access I've also tried exporting from Access to Excel, but the calculated fields are not exported. Any suggestions on how I can print the report on one page? Sorry, when I posted, it said there was an error and that I should try posting later. "randlesc" wrote: > I have a report that I have been doing in Excel but is bett...

spreadsheet does not print as large as created
I have created a spreadsheet in Excel 2002. Simple layout with number, name, address,blank, blank,number. I created with large font size (28 or 32). I want the columns large enough for me to write in blanks and make notes. When the document is printed (hp laser 5p) the size of the font is not increased. Jim Morgan Memphis Tn Probably because that printer (driver) will not support that font and/or size. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software Granite Shoals, TX donaldb@281.com "Jim Morgan" <jmorgan7@midsouth.rr.com> wrote in message news:06ce01c34dfe$29c53d90$a401280a@phx.gb...

Determining and Printing a specific page
I have a HUGE Excel spreadsheet and I only want to print a certain page. Is there any way that I can tell what page the row resides on so that I can specifically print only that page of the spreadsheet??? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in advance! "wnfisba" <wnfisba@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F732030-938F-411B-9C46-B1885E6EAD33@microsoft.com... >I have a HUGE Excel spreadsheet and I only want to print a certain page. Is > there any way that I can tell what page the row resides on so that I can > specifically print only that p...

Missing Clip Art Organizer
At work, quite some time ago, I downloaded some clip art from the Microsoft collection and received with it the Clip Art Organizer and I really really liked it. When the powers that be decided to upgrade my office PC, I *thought* we did everything possible to make sure that what I had on the old one I'd still have on the new one. Alas, that was not to be - I discovered recently that the clip art organizer was gone. I've tried looking for it again, but have been unable to locate it, either because my brain cells have been iced over or it's no longer here - can anyone tell me...

Excel Database
I'm developing a database in Excel and I need some help with macros. The scenario: It's a database of drink short takes for a bar. Each tab has a different summary category, such as spirits, wines, cocktails, etc... Cells in each summary tab links to a new tab, where the data for that entry is explained (the short take sheets themselves). Short take planner Now, imagine a simple monthly calendar, each cell corresponding to each day of the month that has a drop down list of values to choose from. First, I would like to make this drop down list show data from the...

i can change the font on the screen to be large but can't print t.
i am trying to make the print on my spreadsheet larger. i can change the font on the screen but it still prints the smaller font?????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi Maybe in the Page Setup you have this setting "fit to1 by 1 page" -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "tj" <tj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:244325C6-A407-4CD8-BE76-75AB3C93A78A@microsoft.com... >i am trying to make the print on my spreadsheet larger. i can change the > font on the screen but it still prints the smaller font?????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

screen prints failing best demonstrated practice
When Outlook messages have screen prints embedded and the email is related and tracked in CRM the screen print does not come over to CRM. I understand this is not supported. But, what are practitioners doing to manage retaining these screen prints as pertinent background for the case. Looking for best practice. ...

print area #2
i cannot clear print area. when i select the print area and 'file', 'print area',the options are not available. any suggestions? When you use this command, Excel creates a range "print_area". Try deleting that range. Stan Scott New York City "bronxxbabe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78dc01c476a2$31509280$a401280a@phx.gbl... > i cannot clear print area. when i select the print area > and 'file', 'print area',the options are not available. > any suggestions? Perhaps you have two or more ...

How do I turn the pivot chart into a list with all cells filled?
I have the pivot chart and would like to copy and paste it so that all fields are filled Select the pivot table. Choose Edit>Copy Select the cell where you'd like to paste the copy Choose Edit>Paste Special Select Values, click OK There are instructions here for filling the blanks: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html gianna wrote: > I have the pivot chart and would like to copy and paste it so that all fields > are filled -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Printing in Landscape mode
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C8C04C.CC21E500 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, Is there a code snippet in which I can set the printer print-mode to = Landscape? Ideally, I want to set it in the MFC CView::OnPreparePrinting() method = call. If you have any suggestions... please help. King ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C8C04C.CC21E500 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD H...

Moving a row from one sheet to another wrongly leaves blank-row artifact.
Moving an entire row within a sheet in Excel XP is implemented correctly: Select the entire row, cut it, go to the target location, and Insert Copied Cells. The target row is inserted (pushing all rows below it down), and the source row is deleted (bringing all rows below it up, as it were). NOT so when the target is in another sheet in the same workbook. Excel inserts the target row correctly, but fails to delete the source row. The row still exists (only it's blanked out). You have to remeber to, tediously, return to the source and delete the blank row. Which means that if you intende...

Best tool for adding a pivot chart like chart to a report?
Is it the PivotChart form or should I used the MSChart OCX? Which is easier to set up/configure to display the data properly? (A multi-column, multi-entity bar chart) Which is the most flexible? And where can I find tutorials on using both? Thanks Kyle Jedrusiak ...

Missing Administrator rights
when i try system restore it tells me that it has been tuned off by group policy, when i try to run Redegit it tells me Registry editing has been disabled by administrator-user account says i am the administrator the only prgram I have deleted was the ASP.net from the users account ---HEEEEELLPPPPPPP-plz send the answer to maninblack4r@yahoo.com Asked here, answered here. There is a very good chance that you are seeing the effects of a hijackware infection! NB: If you had no anti-virus application installed or the subscription had expired *when the machine first got infecte...

Creating a time chart
Can someone tell me if this is possible. I want to be able to create a chart that represents a week. There will be seven bars and each bar will represent the day my business is open. I want to be able to enter starting times in one column, let's say column B and a quitting times in column C. These two columns represent Sunday. I want D and E to represent Monday. I'll do this for all seven days. Is there a way I can create a stacking bar chart (or any chart) that will place a bar representing that employee's shift in the chart. All bars will not start on the horizontal axis, b...

paired bar chart
Is it possible to create a paired bar chart in Excel? please define paired bar chart? "abj2" wrote: > Is it possible to create a paired bar chart in Excel? See Jon Peltier's site on Tornado Charts http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/tornadochart.html "abj2" wrote: > Is it possible to create a paired bar chart in Excel? ...

Macro to generate 120 Graphs and put them into ONE sheet
The attached files has 120+ items that need to graphed against the date I have tried to write a script that would automatically graph but ca not: 1) Get the For loop to generate multiple graphs 2) figure out how to arrange the grpahs in ONE sheet neatly Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you !!! Shankar -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com sorry - here is the fil Attachment filename: tester.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=66758 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you don't n...

Printing on 2 sides of a page?
How can I print a 2 page spreadsheet on the front and back of the same sheet of paper? Using Excel 2008. Thanks! It depends on whether your printer supports duplex printing. Check your printer's features to find out. If it does, the setting will be available in the Print dialog. You can also do a "manual duplex" job by printing page 1 (or 'Odd pages'), flipping the paper yourself, then print page 2 (or 'Even pages')... If it's only 2 pages that might be the simplest approach. -- HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac "Rick"...

Print all records on a report ONLY IF Invoice NO is same
How do I get all the detail records for the same invoice no. to appear on the same page? Presumably you have 2 tables, such as: - tblInvoice (the header record), with fields: o InvoiceID primary key o ClientID relates to tblClient.Client o InvoiceDate Date/Time - tblInvoiceDetail (the line items), with fields: o InvoiceID relates to tblIvoice.InvoiceID o ProductID relates to tblProduct.ProductID o Quantity Number o PriceEach Currency etc. To create a report that looks like an invoice: 1. Create a query that uses both tables, along with...

Why are checks printing incorrect amounts? Please help.
When I print a Payables check batch, several invoices within the batch are printing incorrectly as $0.00 amount, even though it should be paying off a certain amount. The problem seems to be with invoices that are applied to credit memos. Say I have an invoice for $500 and I apply a credit memo of $80 to the invoice, when I go back to pay the invoice, it should pay $420, but instead it shows $0.00 under amount paid column of check stub. Does anyone know why this is occuring? By the way, I am using MICR check printing. ...

Parse multiple text lines into 1 line in excel
help. I am an excel beginner and can't find out how to turn multipl lines of text into 1 row in excel. It's probably really easy but m manual is USELESS. Can anyone help ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com debbie You're a little short on details. If nothing below fits the bill post back. "Multiple lines" is how many and is each line in a separate cell down one column? Do you want all lines to go into one cell? You can use this form...