Error message when adding text to bar - 140780

-->Sorry, nothing happened when I hit the submit button, so I hit it
again.  sorry.<--

Microsoft Project 2000,  I am trying to add text to the right of a bar
in a Gantt Chart.  Don't I select "Right", then scroll down and choose
"Text1" change the text to what I want to say, and hit OK?  When I do, I
get a pop up that says "This value is not valid in this situation, Chick
the field to see if it requires text, a date, or a number, and that you
typed the information correctly.

How do I do that?  I thought I did...

Thanks for your help.

--
Fabric8r
Fabric8r's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/156301.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
Fabric8r
11/19/2009 5:27:04 PM
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

If I understand your question correctly, you can only insert a field name,
not a label.  So for instance, you can have Text1, the field, but you can't
add "Important Task" as a text label in that interface.

Just make all of the text required a field entry in MS Project, and it
should work.

....or did I just misunderstand your question?

-A

"Fabric8r" wrote:

> -->Sorry, nothing happened when I hit the submit button, so I hit it
> again.  sorry.<--
>
> Microsoft Project 2000,  I am trying to add text to the right of a bar
> in a Gantt Chart.  Don't I select "Right", then scroll down and choose
> "Text1" change the text to what I want to say, and hit OK?  When I do, I
> get a pop up that says "This value is not valid in this situation, Chick
> the field to see if it requires text, a date, or a number, and that you
> typed the information correctly.
>
> How do I do that?  I thought I did...
>
> Thanks for your help.
>

> --
> Fabric8r
> Fabric8r's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/156301.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1273108.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in
>
> .

Recognizing misc. text
I have this worksheet in which a collumn contains a lot of text but i want to filter out the cells that contain the text "SAP (miscellaneous text)" from the rest. Is there any way excel can recognize the SAP+space part and doesn't care about what follows after that in the cell as long as there at least is some text? Thx in advance. -- MeisterHim ------------------------------------------------------------------------ MeisterHim's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27401 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadi...

converting text to a formula
is it possible to convert a text string to a formula? I have built a series of cells using CONCATENATE to produce a text string for a vlookup formula - is there a way to now use this text as a working VLOOKUP formula? Thanks. West. -- West ------------------------------------------------------------------------ West's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16123 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=277050 West Wrote: > is it possible to convert a text string to a formula? > > I have built a series of cells u...

if cell is text move left one column

Errors saving to network drive

C# Adding Days to a Date
Hello, I have 2 objects: objContract.activeon and objContract.expireson. I am trying to add 364 days to objContract.activeon and assign it to the value of objContractexpireson. ---------------------------------------------------------- // Contract Start Date DateTime dt = DateTime.Now; objContract.activeon = new CrmDateTime(); int iFound = 0; string sTemp = ""; if (objAccount.paymenttermscode.Value == 1) // due on receipt - use Todays Date { objContract.activeon = objInvoice.CFDinvoicedate; } else // ...

pulling certain characters from a string of text
I need to look up "certain critera" within a string of characters, then return that "certain criterea" to a new column. Some examples of a strings of characters may look like these: K5J091509001 Sample PO#S881009 K55sample PO CarrieRJR TJ5 My "Certain Critera" I have listed on another sheet, named "REP ID" K5J S88 K55 RJR TJ5 How do I pull out the 3 characters of "Certain Criterea" from the string of text and copy or enter it into a new column? Hi, =left(a1,3) "SaraMack" wrote: > I need to look up "c...

Adding support for mfc / atl types in a Win32 project
MSDN says this about adding support for classes shared between atl & mfc (I'm just after points and rects btw)... just add the header ( atltypes.h ). I'm getting linker errors for these classes though. Is there a lib I need to add? Any screwy build options need changing? It's in VC 2003. In the project wizard I note that atl and mfc support aren't available when creating an empty Win32 application. Ta. On 26 May 2006 07:42:09 -0700, Simon L wrote: > MSDN says this about adding support for classes shared between atl & > mfc (I'm just after points and rect...

auto reply to incoming messages
SOS. I am having trouble with my Outlook 2002. I am trying to set up an "out of office assitant". It says i need to have Microsoft Exchange for this to work. So i went back to my Office XP disk and tried adding it in seperately and then i tried reinstalling Office XP, and still nothing. Anyone have any suggestions, thanks! Paul "Paul" <hiltonjp1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:047CCF7C-4B62-4807-A784-238663B88EF7@microsoft.com... > SOS. I am having trouble with my Outlook 2002. I am trying to set up an "out of office assitant". It says i need ...

can I snap wrap points to a text box

Error loading XML into DataSet

limit the number of outgoing messages
Hi, who can I limit the number of concurrent outgoing messages? for example: if I have a queue of 1000 messages, how can I force exchange to send only 50 messages at a time? ...

adding extra marker styles
how do we add extra marker styles into an excel chart? we have used all the ones it has given us in 2003, but there use3d to be many more in 2002, how do we get them back? Hi, Here is an explanation on how to add custom markers. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CustomMarkers.html I don't think the marker style have changed since xl2000. Cheers Andy Grizzabella wrote: > how do we add extra marker styles into an excel chart? we have used all the > ones it has given us in 2003, but there use3d to be many more in 2002, how do > we get them back? -- Andy Pope, Micro...

BCC view of already sent message(s)
Once I did send a message(s) to BCC recipients...How do I review or see whom I did send the message in my "message sent folder? Select the message in your Sent Items folder. Press Ctrl+F3. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "FoxBravoMetroDeltaOscar" = <FoxBravoMetroDeltaOscar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:C8E184C0-8EDA-4608-A2C6-ED244211A40B@microsoft.com... > Once I did send a message(s) to BCC recipients...How do I review or = see whom=20 > I did sen...

default text height comment
Is there a way to set the default text height for a new comment? Thanks mark (I've looked through help but can't find it if it's in there.) I assume you mean the font size? There is no text height available in Excel. A comment has a shape property and that is what you can use to change the font size. They didn't make it easy ... Range("D4").Comment.Shape.TextFrame.Characters.Font.Size = 12 -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware (free and commercial excel programs) "mp" <nospam@Thanks.com> wrote in message...

Run time error 5 : HQClient

LNK2001 and LNK2019 errors with template class
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00BB_01C695ED.3958DA70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a smart pointer class that uses template functions that works = fine under VC6 but it not linking under VS2005. 1>TestGridToolkitView.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol = "void __cdecl PrismGCSmartPointer(class CPrismSmartPointer<class = CDialog> &)" = (?PrismGCSmartPointer@@YAXAAV?$CPrismSmartPointer@VCDialog@@@@@Z) = referenced in function "protected: __...

delivery failure error
"The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to" then says user unknown, even though other comupters don't have that problem. I get this error for a few clients, yet other clients can email the same address. I have Windows small business server 2000, I am pretty sure everything has updated patches. I know i security updates automatically. My clients are an updated Windows XP SR 1 with Office 2003(outlook) SR1. ...

on Writexml error
(Type your message here) Hi all, I have a XML file as a datasource. I read that file using dataset.readxml.Then in that dataset I make some changes. Now I want to write that changed dataset by overwriting the file that was created initially. I someone please tell me how to do it. -------------------------------- From: ratnesh gupta ----------------------- Posted by a user from .NET 247 (http://www.dotnet247.com/) <Id>sCyOfoucUUyYsxAsNxg9AA==</Id> ...

Excel error 1706

Error with Bold
What's wrong? With Worksheets("Recent") Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(1, 2)).Font.FontStyle = "Bold" End with Take a look at the activesheet. I bet that range is bolded. But if you want Recent to be the sheet with the change, add a couple of dots. With Worksheets("Recent") .Range(.Cells(1, 1), .Cells(1, 2)).Font.FontStyle = "Bold" End With Without those dots, the range refers to the activesheet (if the code is in a general module). crapit wrote: > > What's wrong? > With Worksheets("Recent") > Range(Cells(1...