earn value management

Right after I baseline my project, if I run a Earn Value Management report,
my EV, AC and PV are different. I would have expect that all those values
would be the same. Why is it not?
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

It may be a function with your status date including the first day of the
project, but not having any progress booked.  Try messing with the Status
Date to see if that changes anything.

What numbers are you expecting?

- Andrew Lavinsky
Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm

> Right after I baseline my project, if I run a Earn Value Management
> report, my EV, AC and PV are different. I would have expect that all
> those values would be the same. Why is it not?

0
Andrew
5/18/2010 12:32:28 PM
Status date assumes 5:00 PM.  So this will account for the difference on day1.
Gret catch Andrew.
--
If this post was helpful, please consider rating it.

Jim Aksel, MVP

Check out my blog for more information:
http://www.msprojectblog.com

"Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:

> It may be a function with your status date including the first day of the
> project, but not having any progress booked.  Try messing with the Status
> Date to see if that changes anything.
>
> What numbers are you expecting?
>

> - Andrew Lavinsky
> Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
>
> > Right after I baseline my project, if I run a Earn Value Management
> > report, my EV, AC and PV are different. I would have expect that all
> > those values would be the same. Why is it not?
> >

> .

Realtek sound manager works but no other sound device will work
After a blue screen crash I repaired windows XP and have sound problems The Realtek sound effects manager works, passes all tests I get sound during tests but no sound player will work. Sounds and audio devices icon info says no audio device installed. I have downloaded and installed all the Intel D925xcv on board drivers, device manager shows all sound devices working I tried uninstalling reinstalling drivers that did not help. I went through all the troubleshooting no help. Blaine wrote: > After a blue screen crash I repaired windows XP and have sound > problems >...

Formating #VALUE! cells
I have a few formulas in a spreadsheet that are equal to #VALUE! which is accurate, but is making my spreadsheet sloppy to read. Is there a way to format cells to display a specific value if the cell value = #VALUE!. For example, if cell W10=#VALUE! then display "TRUE" in the cell (instead of #VALUE!). Thank you. Regards, Diane Well, you could use =IF(ISERR(W10),"TRUE",W10) but you'd do a lot better to fix the #VALUE! errors in the first place. Having "acceptable errors" in a worksheet often masks other problems, and inures the user to unexpe...

Hour multiply by a value
It's like this: in one cell I have the sum of some cells with a number of hours made b a worker in that week, something like: 42:36:00 And on another cell i've got the amount of �(euros) I pay by hour to worker. by example, 5. So what I want to do is: arrange a way to know how much i'm going t pay him at the end of the week. I've tried working with the HOUR and MINUTE commands. but with the HOU i will only go up to 23, so it doesn't work. Help.. -- Fixxxe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- FixxxeR's Profile: http://www.exce...

Email Management...
Quite unrelated to my previous post. In another location I have users that have tons of email stored on the server. For 5 users their's over 4 gigs of mail on the server. I told all of them to offload the email to .PST folders and the server shows a reduction in mailbox usage of over 3 gigs but the disk space on the drive has not changed. Any idea how I can reclaim that disk space? It's very precious as the drive is at 90% or more of capacity and those gigs would really help. Thanks, Rex Buy more disks (or larger ones). It is more efficient to have Exchange store the mail th...

How to set a formula if the value is with #N/A
Example : E/no salary Bonus total 001 1000 #N/A 002 200 100 003 2000 #N/A How to set a formula for each worker in total column (Salary & Bonus)when the value are set as #N/A. How to convert #N/A to 0 for sum formula. Please advise. Thanks. D2=IF(C2<>"#N/A",C2+B2,B2) Assuming the Bonus values are in Column C and Salary amounts are in Column B. Copy/drag formula down the column D. Corey... "lee-sc" <leesc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ADC71CA-4C31-4C50-A201-4...

Graphing the maximum and minimum values
Hi, everyone. Let's say I have two columns. Column A has the first ten letters of the alphabet, each listed 4 times (A1=A, A2=A, A3=A, A4=A, A5=B, A6=B, etc), and in column B there are, let's say, random numbers between -10 and 10. I want to create a chart that will graph the range using the maximum and minimum values for each letter in column A. This would of course be a one-axis graph (graphing only the values in B on the x-axis with the different values in A being placed on top of (or to the side) of each other. Any suggestions? Thanks, Bobby In D1:D10 enter the text A,...

Line charting problem
Hello I have a series of observations in one column, with the date and time of the observation in another two columns, i.e. Date Time Value 8/7/04 09:45 5.2 8/7/04 13:25 7.1 and so on. I am trying to plot these so that my Y values are the Values, and the spread of the X values reflects the time of the observation. Ideally I will have several series, one per day. The problem I am having is that if I plot these as a "line" chart then Excel assumes that I want the readings evenly spread, regardless of the actual date/time of the observation, i.e. the second observation...

how to export the value of checkbox on a report in to excel
I have used check box datatype in my database, also created a report, it is all looking fine, but when i export the report in to excel or word or html, the checkbox values are not exported, only the numeric and text data is exported, can any one help me with this? See: Format Check boxes on reports at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-52.html The article explains how to simulate a check box with a Wingdings character, which will work when exported as RTF. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html ...

Fixed Assets Account Group Integration Manager
After a recent upgrade to GP 10, the Fixed Assets integration for general records created accounts using the same accounts for all items. After comparing IM 9.0 to IM 10.0, I noticed the account group ID field was no longer in Destination Mapping. I then found KB 971836 that mentions the account group ID field can no longer be mapped in IM and they recommend using the company setup or class ID setup to assign default account group IDs. Unfortunately for my client this is not a realistic mapping b/c their chart is structured to be specific to a location and our Asset classes are n...

National Accounts with Integration Manager RM Cash Receipts
We would like the option to flag a RM Cash Receipt as a National Account within Integration Manager. With this option we would like the auto apply to work for National Accounts. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolution...

return value if
I have a formula in F2 that returns value '1'. i want my formula in G2 to return a value if F2 returns '1'. the G2 formula doesnt seem to recognise the returned value in F2, nor can i sum the returned values in F column. Is there an option i need to change somewhere? Thanks Anyone. Please post the formulas so we can view what's happening. Thanks, Ron "Micayla Bergen" wrote: > I have a formula in F2 that returns value '1'. i want my formula in G2 to > return a value if F2 returns '1'. the G2 formula doesnt seem to recognise the > r...

lookup value
A1= value to look for in B1:B500 if it finds A1 in B1:B500 I want it to return C1. I can use a VLookup ok, except when doesn't find A1 it returns a #N/A. I've tried a IF statement around the VLookup, but still runs into the #N/A issue. Any suggestions? if(isna(vlookup(a1,b1:b500,2,0)),"",(vlookup(a1,b1:b500,2,0)) HTH Regards, Howard "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE12504E-8F96-4D71-A68B-88E0C5F17885@microsoft.com... > A1= value to look for in B1:B500 > if it finds A1 in B1:B500 I want it to return C1. > I can use ...

Blank Cells vs. Zero Values
Column AZ contains cells that are either zero or are blank (meaning no value has been entered in the cell). The formula below is referencing the blank cells as zeroes. But I only want it to reference the cells that have zero in them. How do I modify the formula so it ignores the blank cells? {SUM(IF(Chart1!$AZ$2:$AZ$10000=0,Chart1!$F$2:$F$10000),)} Thanks, Bob Array entered =SUM(IF(Chart1!$AZ$2:$AZ$10000<>"",IF(Chart1!$AZ$2:$AZ$10000=0, Chart1!$F$2:$F$10000))) If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "bob" wrote: > C...

Getting Difference between values of 2 tables
Info: I have the following table that stores the total amount available for a particular Document: tblTotalAvail: ID CLIN Amount 1 0001 10,000 2 0002 30,000 3 0003 25,000 Etc... You get the idea. I have the following table that stores the expenditure for for the same document: tblExpenditures: ID DateFunded CLIN Amount 1 21-Jan-07 0001 2,500 2 30-Jan-07 0001 3,700 3 03-Feb-07 0002 11,000 4 14-Feb-07 0001 1,200 5 17-Feb-07 0002 7,500 Etc.... Here is what I am trying to do....I want to Sum the amount...

Managing calendars in Outlook
Following helpful advice in February I have a new, related problem. I have an iPaq which I would like to synchronise with my work diary. I have done this by exporting my work diary from my ork computer onto a memory stick as a ..pst file, importing the diary into Outlook on my home computer then synchronising my iPaq with the home computer. (I am not allowed to download the iPaq synchronisation software on my work computer.) Despite advice not to import, this worked well up until a week or so ago. I now find that I cannot import from the memory stick onto my home computer - I get a ...

Use value from InputBox in Advanced ODBC Source
I'd like to include the posting date from a InputBox prompt in an advanced ODBC source. The post date would be used like select * from <complex join here> where postdate >= '<Date from Input>' and postdate < '<Date from input + 1>' The InputBox works well, I assign things to global variables, and such... Has anyone done this? If so, would you mind sharing your experience? I seem to have hit a brick wall If this cannot be done, I assume the task at hand is to create views from each query, and create simple ODBC sources, and go that way? Thanks...

Locate Value in a set Row, with Dynamic Column
Hi, I have some data and the headers for the numbers are months. All the months are on row 7. I need to add some code to start looking in row 7 (cell A7) and look at each column to locate the relevant date entered in cell A1. Example: The code needs to look at cell A7, then B7, then C7 etc etc until it locates the right value. How can I do this please? Thanks, What do you want thew code to do when it finds the match? "Louise" <Louise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33D451C1-3C5D-4C5C-BD65-1D85139BBC0B@microsoft.com... > Hi, &g...

format a cell to read zero for any negative value
I would like some advise to show a zero value in a cell when ever the sum value of this cell is a negative value Hi, how about: =IF(SUM(A1:A10)<0,0,SUM(A1:A10)) HTH JG -- pinmaster ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6261 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=494490 Use a Custom Format, such as General;\0 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.co...

Value in Combox populates other fields in form
Hello, I have a form that has an unbound combobox (Company) that looks up company names in a table. Depending on the value of Company, it will automatically update other fields on the form: Address, Phone Number, State, etc. How do I go about doing this? Thanks! MN In After Update event for combo box you insert the code to test for the selected value and then set the other field values. E.g. Select Case Me!MyCombo Case "Microsoft" Me!SearchEngine = "Bing" Case "Google" Me!SearchEngine = "Google" ... End ...

Requisition Management in Business Portal
I'm receiving this error message when trying to create a purchase requisition in Microsoft Business Portal (GP10). I'm using I.E.7. I tried registering all the DLLs mentioned in kb article http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679 and received some error messages for the following dlls mshtml.dll - The file cannot be registered "entry point not found" browseui.dll - Module couldn not be found After this, I tried registering the mbfwebBehaviors.dll (first I dropped it into the i386 and system32 folders) , I got the following message : Load library ("mbfwebBehavio...

Unable to see updated values in CRM
I added some new values to a form and saved it but they don't show up in CRM. I'm probably missing a simple step and need to know what that step is. Any help is appreciated. you need to publish the object in deployment manager than issue an IISRESET command "Admin Matt" <Admin.Matthew@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1131720410.631418.115740@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I added some new values to a form and saved it but they don't show up > in CRM. I'm probably missing a simple step and need to know what that > step is. Any help is appreciated...

Can't assign value in subform
My setup: tblPeople, key PeopleID (autonumber), additional contact info fields tblSpeakers, composite key PeopleID and SpeakerID(text), additional fields Main form from tblPeople, subform tblSpeakers. When I first open the form, it works fine until I get to the SpeakerID field on the subform - I need to enter text to assign a SpeakerID, but receive the error message. I click ok, and am allowed to enter text. I checked and it is stored correctly in the tables. Subsequent entries are fine - I only receive the error on the first entry. What's wrong? I will need to use this for quer...

Moving from one place to another depending on value in certain cell
Hi to everybody, In a worksheet I need to move between certain location (cells); these cells are: A8, A68, A128, A188, A248, A308, A368, A428, A488, A548, A608, A668 What I want is: If I put 1 in cell B1 and press ENTER the cursor move to cell A8 (A8 will be the active cell), If I put 3 in cell B1 and press Enter to go cell A128 and so on with other cells from 1 to 12. Can any one help please. Several methods to do this. 1. Unlock just those cells and Protect the sheet. The Tab key will move to those cells. 2. Unlock just those cells and Protect the sheet with "select locked ce...

Pivot Chart
Hello, I am trying to create a stacked area Pivot Chart from a Pivot Table. I have negative values but am having trouble getting them to be displayed properly in the pivot chart. Currently, the negative values are displayed at the top and are "eating into" the positive series. I need the negative values to be displayed below the x-axis. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Aleksandr, This may be silly to ask, but... Did you try and adjust the y-axis scale from 0 to some number to a negative value (greater than the lowest negative value) to some positive value. Ex...

Using values in drop down boxes in formulae
Is there any way to use the value shown in a drop down box in a sum formula. I am trying to work out the total of a column including whatever number is shown in the drop down box. The formul at the moment is =SUM(C16:C28) with the drop down box positioned on cell C28. Is there any way of linking the drop down box to the cell so the number shown is added as well? Thx --------- www.coffeecozy.com Use your Bodum and give up cold coffee for good! Hi what drop down boy are you suing ('Data - validation')? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "44203 - ExcelForums.com" <...