Displayed Columns Change

Hi all

I've a problem encountered with a particular user who it seems looses the
configurations of columns hidden/displayed in their standard Gantt Chart view.

That is after hiding say the Resource Name column in the Gantt Chart view
then saving and closing the file upon re-opening the Resource Name column is
again visible in this same view.

To my knowledge the user in question hasn’t changed anything other than
hiding the columns.

Within the organisation however we’ve recently had some IT security
configuration changes whereby as I understand it desktop users local folders
such as My Documents aren’t saved locally but to a remote drive.

Hence I’m wondering if somehow the location of the global.mpt file is
playing a part here, the user hasn’t however witnessed any error warnings
upon opening or saving or closing their files.

Also as far as I understand the mechanisms for storing details of basic
changes such as hiding/adding a column in the Gantt Chart view these are
saved within the particular file in which the amendments are made so any
meddling with the global.mpt file or lack of access shouldn’t be a problem.

Please help and advise as possible.

Many thanks in advance.

Henry.

--
Henry Thompson
Resource Planner

Henry, I am presuming your company uses a project server so I'm going to try
and answer you question in that light.  If your user is hiding/displaying
column(s) for an enterprise view those settings are only good while they're
in that session. Once they exit and enter project it will reset the view to
the enterprise global view.  The only way to retain their customized view is
to create a new custom view AND custom table.  The e-view and e-table can
easily be copied to create the new view/table.  They can then use the
Organizer tool to copy the view/table to each schedule they need it in.  If
it's needed across the Enterprise for more than just the one user you might
want to consider creating it in the e-global.

Hope this helps.

"Henry Thompson" wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I've a problem encountered with a particular user who it seems looses the
> configurations of columns hidden/displayed in their standard Gantt Chart view.
>
> That is after hiding say the Resource Name column in the Gantt Chart view
> then saving and closing the file upon re-opening the Resource Name column is
> again visible in this same view.
>
> To my knowledge the user in question hasn’t changed anything other than
> hiding the columns.
>
> Within the organisation however we’ve recently had some IT security
> configuration changes whereby as I understand it desktop users local folders
> such as My Documents aren’t saved locally but to a remote drive.
>
> Hence I’m wondering if somehow the location of the global.mpt file is
> playing a part here, the user hasn’t however witnessed any error warnings
> upon opening or saving or closing their files.
>
> Also as far as I understand the mechanisms for storing details of basic
> changes such as hiding/adding a column in the Gantt Chart view these are
> saved within the particular file in which the amendments are made so any
> meddling with the global.mpt file or lack of access shouldn’t be a problem.
>
> Please help and advise as possible.
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Henry.
>
> --
> Henry Thompson
> Resource Planner
Hi Roland67

Thanks for your response, sorry but I didn't state the environment we're
working in here in my initial e-mail.

We're using Project 2003, this particular user was seeing the problem with a
number of schedules linked with read/write properties into a Master Schedule.

That being the only complicating factor which I'm aware of however we've
been using this same configuration for a long while now and we didn't
experience any problems.

This problem however is according the this user co-incident with the recent
re-configuration for security reasons of their desktop i.e. moving the My
Document folders etc. to a remote drive.

The Master Schedule and the individual linked schedules sit on a remote
drive and nothing has changed in this configuration that I’m aware of.

Hope this additional information helps.

Best regards, and thanks for the support.

Henry.

--
Henry Thompson
Resource Planner

"Roland67" wrote:

> Henry, I am presuming your company uses a project server so I'm going to try
> and answer you question in that light.  If your user is hiding/displaying
> column(s) for an enterprise view those settings are only good while they're
> in that session. Once they exit and enter project it will reset the view to
> the enterprise global view.  The only way to retain their customized view is
> to create a new custom view AND custom table.  The e-view and e-table can
> easily be copied to create the new view/table.  They can then use the
> Organizer tool to copy the view/table to each schedule they need it in.  If
> it's needed across the Enterprise for more than just the one user you might
> want to consider creating it in the e-global.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> "Henry Thompson" wrote:
>
> > Hi all
> >
> > I've a problem encountered with a particular user who it seems looses the
> > configurations of columns hidden/displayed in their standard Gantt Chart view.
> >
> > That is after hiding say the Resource Name column in the Gantt Chart view
> > then saving and closing the file upon re-opening the Resource Name column is
> > again visible in this same view.
> >
> > To my knowledge the user in question hasn’t changed anything other than
> > hiding the columns.
> >
> > Within the organisation however we’ve recently had some IT security
> > configuration changes whereby as I understand it desktop users local folders
> > such as My Documents aren’t saved locally but to a remote drive.
> >
> > Hence I’m wondering if somehow the location of the global.mpt file is
> > playing a part here, the user hasn’t however witnessed any error warnings
> > upon opening or saving or closing their files.
> >
> > Also as far as I understand the mechanisms for storing details of basic
> > changes such as hiding/adding a column in the Gantt Chart view these are
> > saved within the particular file in which the amendments are made so any
> > meddling with the global.mpt file or lack of access shouldn’t be a problem.
> >
> > Please help and advise as possible.
> >
> > Many thanks in advance.
> >
> > Henry.
> >
> > --
> > Henry Thompson
> > Resource Planner

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Territory Change

chart MAcro to change on activecell

update column

Changing font in Money 2004 register?

Global Column Row Preview Font Size

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

Display of UML State Transition Event
Dear Group, I am attempting to use the UML Statechart with a couple of states and a transition between them. I select properties, Events, Change Event type, say, and can see ChangeEvent1 in the property window but... ....when I Ok back to the drawing the ChangeEvent1 is not displayed by the transition. I can enter actions in a similar way and they are displayed. How cna I get the event visible too in the drawing? Surely this is the most important aspect of a transition i.e. what caused it, regards, Colin Smith ...

Changing language

Problem displaying expected results with CString
I am writing a MFC program to import data from a single table database into a normalized database with numerous tables. The first component opens a recordset object to the database and performs some basic tests on the field value, and the plan is to write the records out to a spreadsheet that fail to meet any of the criteria defined for the field. Along with writing out the record, I want to populate a comments field describing what failed. I have tried to implement this with a CString variable; I initialize it to a blank string each time a new record is examined, and then as each field is che...

CRM Email Displays Size=2>

Changing the words "Sales Receipt" to "Invoice"
I cannot find how to change the word at the top right of our Sales document to read "Invoice" rather than "Sales Receipt". We bill out as a receivable for most of our goods and there seems to be some confusion with our customers. Thanks in advance for your help. -- Ron Moore Changing Sales Order to Invoice There is a receipt variable called "Transaction.ReceiptTransactionName" (in <SUB name="PrintTransactionType"> of receipt.xml)which returns the "default" name for the transaction based on it's type. You can replace this w...

Column searching problem
I have a worksheet called "net" containing the following: NETWORK AVG MIN MAX STD SAMPLES ABC 17.17 16.26 17.71 0.4469 19 CBS 12.99 11.69 14.56 0.6524 30 NBC 15.39 14.08 16.70 0.7323 38 NBC* 15.12 14.08 15.99 0.4910 31 Fox 10.63 9.07 12.09 0.9374 8 HBO 10.94 9.07 13.22 1.2507 19 Showtime 11.52 6.84 13.23 1.9017 11 HDNet 18.14 14.22 18.85 1.1619 14 HDNet* 18.45 18.13 18.85 0.2847 13 HDNet-Movies 1...

Column help
I have a seating chart I am trying to design for our graduation ceremony. Right now I have the report set up using columns. I have a rectange box with the graduates first, middle and last name in the box. I need 16 columns across the page for the seats which I have working. My problems are that I need a bold line going down the middle to divide the 8th and 9th rows. ( Students come in from 2 lines and meet in the middle of each row.) My next problem is that I need to have another column to the left of the 1st column and one to the right of the 16th column that will count the row num...