Deleting multiple rows from value list

Is there a way to delete multiple rows in a value list for a Text column?  I
have over 200 rows out of a value list that are duplicates that I need to
delete.  I can delete them row by row but I'd like to click on the 1st row
and shift click on the last row that needs to deleted.  Is this possible?

Thanks in advance (from a Project newbie)
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Yes. Select then click on the cut icon. Try it.

-Jack Dahlgren

"Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to delete multiple rows in a value list for a Text column?
> have over 200 rows out of a value list that are duplicates that I need to
> delete.  I can delete them row by row but I'd like to click on the 1st row
> and shift click on the last row that needs to deleted.  Is this possible?
>
> Thanks in advance (from a Project newbie)

0
Jack
3/8/2010 6:36:35 PM
Hello Val,

This value list was created in Project (desktop) or in PWA?

G�rard Ducouret

"Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
6596A51E-9C60-46A4-B9AB-AAB335A92906@microsoft.com...
> Is there a way to delete multiple rows in a value list for a Text column?
> have over 200 rows out of a value list that are duplicates that I need to
> delete.  I can delete them row by row but I'd like to click on the 1st row
> and shift click on the last row that needs to deleted.  Is this possible?
>
> Thanks in advance (from a Project newbie)

How do I cut all 200 rows at once?  I don't really want to do it one at a time.

Thanks.

"Jack Dahlgren MVP" wrote:

> Yes. Select then click on the cut icon. Try it.
>
> -Jack Dahlgren
>
> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a way to delete multiple rows in a value list for a Text column?
> > have over 200 rows out of a value list that are duplicates that I need to
> > delete.  I can delete them row by row but I'd like to click on the 1st row
> > and shift click on the last row that needs to deleted.  Is this possible?
> >
> > Thanks in advance (from a Project newbie)
>
> .

I copied the value list from another project but unfortunately another user
did not restrict the values to this list and allowed the new values to be
appended to the value list.  I need to delete over 200 rows in the value list
and then restrict the values to the remaining 200 rows.

"Gérard Ducouret" wrote:

> Hello Val,
>
> This value list was created in Project (desktop) or in PWA?
>
> Gérard Ducouret
>
> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
> 6596A51E-9C60-46A4-B9AB-AAB335A92906@microsoft.com...
> > Is there a way to delete multiple rows in a value list for a Text column?
> > have over 200 rows out of a value list that are duplicates that I need to
> > delete.  I can delete them row by row but I'd like to click on the 1st row
> > and shift click on the last row that needs to deleted.  Is this possible?
> >
> > Thanks in advance (from a Project newbie)
>

> .

Select first item by clicking. Scroll down. Hold shift key and click. The
entire set of items between those two points will be selected.

-Jack

> How do I cut all 200 rows at once?  I don't really want to do it one at a
> time.
>
> Thanks.
>
> "Jack Dahlgren MVP" wrote:
>
>> Yes. Select then click on the cut icon. Try it.
>>
>> -Jack Dahlgren
>>
>> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Is there a way to delete multiple rows in a value list for a Text
>> > column?
>> > have over 200 rows out of a value list that are duplicates that I need
>> > delete.  I can delete them row by row but I'd like to click on the 1st
>> > row
>> > and shift click on the last row that needs to deleted.  Is this
>> > possible?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance (from a Project newbie)
>>
>> .

0
Jack
3/8/2010 9:42:08 PM
Tried that - it didn't work :(

I'm inside the value list dialog box so I'm thinking that is the problem.
Is there somewhere else that I can go to edit the value list?

thanks.

"Jack Dahlgren MVP" wrote:

> Select first item by clicking. Scroll down. Hold shift key and click. The
> entire set of items between those two points will be selected.
>
> -Jack
>
> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I cut all 200 rows at once?  I don't really want to do it one at a
> > time.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > "Jack Dahlgren MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Yes. Select then click on the cut icon. Try it.
> >>
> >> -Jack Dahlgren
> >>
> >> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>
> .

Which version of MS Project?
In Proj 2007 right-click a column header - select customize fields, then
click the lookup value button.

> Tried that - it didn't work :(
>
> I'm inside the value list dialog box so I'm thinking that is the problem.
> Is there somewhere else that I can go to edit the value list?
>
> thanks.
>
> "Jack Dahlgren MVP" wrote:
>
>> Select first item by clicking. Scroll down. Hold shift key and click. The
>> entire set of items between those two points will be selected.
>>
>> -Jack
>>
>> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > How do I cut all 200 rows at once?  I don't really want to do it one at
>> > time.
>> >
>> > Thanks.

>> .

0
Jack
3/8/2010 11:01:21 PM
Val,

Several years ago, with 2003 version, I used the following macro to fill a
value list with all the data copied in the Task field of Project 2003.
May be you could adapt it to your purpose.
G�rard Ducouret

Sub ListeD�roulante()

Dim oTache As Object
Dim Texto As String, Desc As String
    'Call Chasse_Carac_interdits ' Chasse le "." interdit dans les noms car
utilis� comme s�parateur
    SelectTaskColumn Column:="Texte10" 'on s�lectionne la colonne text10

For Each oTache In ActiveProject.Tasks      'pour chaque tache dans le
projet actif
    If Not oTache Is Nothing Then           'si on a pas saut� de ligne
        Texto = oTache.Name                 'texto=le code (1�re colonne de
la liste)
        Desc = oTache.Text1                 'desc=colonne de description (la
2�me col.)
        CustomFieldValueListAdd FieldID:=pjCustomTaskText10, Value:=Texto,
        'la ligne ci dessus renseigne le champ "text10" avec la valeur dans
"texto" et dans "desc"
    End If
Next oTache
CustomFieldValueList FieldID:=pjCustomTaskText10, ListDefault:=False,
RestrictToList:=True, DisplayOrder:=pjListOrderDefault
'pour le m�me champ personnalis� : renseigne quelques param�tres li�s � la
liste d�roulante
    CustomFieldProperties FieldID:=pjCustomTaskText10,
Attribute:=pjFieldAttributeValueList, SummaryCalc:=pjCalcNone,
GraphicalIndicators:=False, Required:=False

End Sub

"Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
DB62FD66-CD6C-4ED9-BAD2-1744CF702A08@microsoft.com...
>I copied the value list from another project but unfortunately another user
> did not restrict the values to this list and allowed the new values to be
> appended to the value list.  I need to delete over 200 rows in the value
> list
> and then restrict the values to the remaining 200 rows.
>
> "G�rard Ducouret" wrote:
>
>> Hello Val,
>>
>> This value list was created in Project (desktop) or in PWA?
>>
>> G�rard Ducouret
>>
>> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
>> 6596A51E-9C60-46A4-B9AB-AAB335A92906@microsoft.com...
>> > Is there a way to delete multiple rows in a value list for a Text
>> > column?
>> > have over 200 rows out of a value list that are duplicates that I need
>> > delete.  I can delete them row by row but I'd like to click on the 1st
>> > row
>> > and shift click on the last row that needs to deleted.  Is this
>> > possible?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance (from a Project newbie)
>>

>> .

Project 2003
 I right-click the column header - select customize fields, then select
value list.  It appears that I can only cut/delete a row from the value list
one at a time.  I'd like to delete 200 rows all at once instead of line by
line.

"Jack Dahlgren MVP" wrote:

> Which version of MS Project?
> In Proj 2007 right-click a column header - select customize fields, then
> click the lookup value button.
>

> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Tried that - it didn't work :(
> >
> > I'm inside the value list dialog box so I'm thinking that is the problem.
> > Is there somewhere else that I can go to edit the value list?
> >
> > thanks.
> >
> > "Jack Dahlgren MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Select first item by clicking. Scroll down. Hold shift key and click. The
> >> entire set of items between those two points will be selected.
> >>
> >> -Jack
> >>
> >> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>
> .

Proj 2003 may have that limitation...

How about just creating a custom field and value list?

-Jack

> Project 2003
> I right-click the column header - select customize fields, then select
> value list.  It appears that I can only cut/delete a row from the value
> list
> one at a time.  I'd like to delete 200 rows all at once instead of line by
> line.
>

> "Jack Dahlgren MVP" wrote:
>
>> Which version of MS Project?
>> In Proj 2007 right-click a column header - select customize fields, then
>> click the lookup value button.
>>

>> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Tried that - it didn't work :(
>> >
>> > I'm inside the value list dialog box so I'm thinking that is the
>> > problem.
>> > Is there somewhere else that I can go to edit the value list?
>> >
>> > thanks.

>> .

0
Jack
3/9/2010 8:43:58 PM
How about a new approach?  Is there a way I can delete the entire value list
without going thru it row by row.  I tried to start with Gerard's Visual
Basic script but I'm not that good at VB.  So I just want to delete the
entire value list and then start from scratch.

"Jack Dahlgren MVP" wrote:

> Proj 2003 may have that limitation...
>
> How about just creating a custom field and value list?
>
> -Jack
>
> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Project 2003
> > I right-click the column header - select customize fields, then select
> > value list.  It appears that I can only cut/delete a row from the value
> > list
> > one at a time.  I'd like to delete 200 rows all at once instead of line by
> > line.
> >

> > "Jack Dahlgren MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Which version of MS Project?
> >> In Proj 2007 right-click a column header - select customize fields, then
> >> click the lookup value button.
> >>

> >> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>
> .

OK, I figured out a way to get rid of the bad data.  I have a project that
has a clean ValueList and if I use "Import Custom Field" from the Customize
Field form then the imported value list writes over my existing value list
where if I used the "Import Value List" from the Value list form then it
appends the list to the existing list.

Thanks for offering help.

"Val" wrote:

> Is there a way to delete multiple rows in a value list for a Text column?  I
> have over 200 rows out of a value list that are duplicates that I need to
> delete.  I can delete them row by row but I'd like to click on the 1st row
> and shift click on the last row that needs to deleted.  Is this possible?
>
> Thanks in advance (from a Project newbie)
I think Proj2003 had a function to import a lookup table. Try importing a
blank one from another project.

-Jack

> How about a new approach?  Is there a way I can delete the entire value
> list
> without going thru it row by row.  I tried to start with Gerard's Visual
> Basic script but I'm not that good at VB.  So I just want to delete the
> entire value list and then start from scratch.
>
> "Jack Dahlgren MVP" wrote:
>
>> Proj 2003 may have that limitation...
>>
>> How about just creating a custom field and value list?
>>
>> -Jack
>>
>> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Project 2003
>> > I right-click the column header - select customize fields, then select
>> > value list.  It appears that I can only cut/delete a row from the value
>> > list
>> > one at a time.  I'd like to delete 200 rows all at once instead of line
>> > by
>> > line.

>> .

0
Jack

Drop-down list #5

ignore list
I have importet some contact data into mscrm, When I want to add these contacts to a marketing list (add marketing list members / use advanced find/ add all selected members), the adding stops with an error. I have done a trace during the error (occurs everytime I want to add these contacts) which shows me the following error: [2009-08-24 11:15:36.778] Process:OUTLOOK |Thread:5884 |Category: Unmanaged.Platform |User: PlatformUser |Level: Error | Found crmId {319C876A-CC39-DC11-9F61-0030485C3892} in ignore list. Update notification will be ignored Function: CItemHelper<struct Outlook::_Co...

rounding up values
Has anyone done round up of values to the nearest dollar.For example I want to give a 10% of the price to my customers but if the result is other than .00 then I wanted to round up to the nearest dollar amount.My calculation using sql has been price * percent and then subtract the value from the price, then what do I need to do to roundit up??Thanks for your suggestion.Also I have a problem with my customers that I am extracting and the query does return all the values from 2004 and 2006 that are equal except for the price I have given them, how do I get only the latest ones in 2006 and not th...

Delete dead mailbox from active directory
We have four exchange servers - two E2K and two E2k3. One of the E2k server just died due to corrupt array control. We had no mailboxes or anything else on that server. One of our administrator must have created one mailbox on that server by mistake and he never realized that until now. server died and we deleted that mailbox from active directory but, when i try to remove the server from system manager i get message saying can't remove because there are mailboxes associated with this information store. Is there any other way i can remove that server from active directory or s...

How do you delete an Assembly Item?
I have an assembly item code, and I want to delete it to make it inactive. I cannot find any help on this, nor can I actually FIND the assembly item. Please help!! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0461_01C6F844.55DE89B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Nutribodies, You can't make an Assembly inactive as its not really an item, just a = reference to a group of items. You can delete it though. One way of finding items is by their Item type. Click on the Item Type = column header and th...

multiple email identities

Can you delete Business Alerts?

Duplicate Rows
I have an extract from a student information system in Excel that looks like this. Student Class Grade Quarter John Chemistry 70 1 John Chemistry 80 2 John Math 95 1 John Math 100 2 Alice Chemistry 67 1 Alice Chemistry 47 2 Alice Math 88 1 Alice Math 85 2 What I would like is this: John 70 80 95 100 Alice 67 47 88 85 However, since there are hundreds of students, this would be an extreme pain to do by hand. Is there any built-in formula or function in Excel that can do this? What is it that you actually want to do? (The best approach depends on what your desired end r...

Add rows automatically? Accordion
Is there a way to automatically add/show rows that have data? I have a data entry sheet. Then I have a report. The report pulls data from the entry sheet. If there is no data for a specific line/row item, is there a way to automatically hide or not show the row(s) with no data? Thanks Thanks can I have more than one autofilter on a sheet? Sloth wrote: > Use the filter function > Select the data and click on... > Data->Filter->Autofilter > This should make an arrow appear at the top of the data (in the header row). > click the arror and select "Nonblanks"....

line chart with NA() values

Multivalue with Null value SSRS 2005
I have a query to populate a multivalue parameter: SELECT distinct cast(AGRPYear.value as varchar(4)) + AGRPMonth.value 'ReportDate' FROM TPROJECT AS TPROJECT One of the values that is returned from this query is NULL. However, when I run the report, the NULL value does not show in the dropdown. I've also tried adding "select NULL as 'ReportDate' union" to the above query and the null value still doesn't show. As a result some of the records in my database have a null value for this field, they will never show up on my report. Any id...

Coloring a row
I have a spreadsheet and I want to have cells colored from column A to K if cell h is not blank. So if h3 has a date in it I want A3:K3 to be say light blue. This is for Office 2003. I can do it with conditional formating in 2007, but my work place doesn't have 2007. I did use column L and put an if statement to give a true or false in the cell depending on if the cell in col. h was empty or not. Any ideas how to get this to work? Hi John This sort of thing will work in 2003 conditional formating. In Cell A3 go to Format - conditional formattting. Formula is Paste...

Opening Multiple Web Links in a Column

Refreshing list boxes
Hi, I have created a database so that mulpile users can add detailss to the table - tblDetails from the form frmDetails or amend details in form frmAmend. I have a list box on the main page frmMain which has a list box lstSearch which shows all the records in the database. When users add new record to the database other users cannot see the added records unless the move to another section in the datbase and the return to the main page thus refreshing the list box. Can anyone tell me if there is a way I can put a "Refresh" button on the main page that updated the list box if the use...

multiple iterations of same query
Running Access 2003 on Vista. I have a query that chooses 15 records at random. This works fine. What I want to do is run the same query for approx 110 different users, each with their own randomly selected 15 records. Obviously, I want to avoid manually running the same query that many times. How can I get around this? Post your query SQL. -- Build a little, test a little. "Nathan" wrote: > Running Access 2003 on Vista. > > I have a query that chooses 15 records at random. This works fine. > > What I want to do is run the same query fo...

how to run onhand value report
I get the message enter parameter when entering the zoom feature On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 17:36:01 -0800, junebugg <junebugg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get the message enter parameter when entering the zoom feature You'll have to give us some more context than that, junebugg. What's the "onhand value report"? What's the "zoom feature"? You can see your database; we cannot! -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Auto Delete the e-mail
Hi all We are using Microsoft Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. One mail box calls "Sales", i configured the achieve function for this mail box, this function will automatically delete mail if the mail is order than 7 days. But this function is not running if the outlook closed, is it possible this function running on server only, no need to open Microsoft Outlook for running the achieve function in client PC ? Philip In news:uApBq0j8FHA.2800@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, Philip Tsang <philip@sib-infotech.com> typed: > Hi all > > We are using Microsoft Exchange 2003...

mysession & deleting a line item on the pos screen
I want to automatically have my dll delete a line on the pos screen. So I have tried to do a myssion.transaction.entries(1).Delete and other sorts of things. Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this? Thanks in advance for any help on this. Hi, Use code like this: For Each item In mysession.Transaction.entries If FindItem(item.item.id, item.quantity, item.item.description) Then mysession.Transaction.entries.remove(item) End If Next "ClothingStore" wrote: > I want to automatically have my dll delete a line on the pos screen. ...