Date 1 field not updating automatically

I have used the Date 1 field for the Current Date and set the formula to Now
() but this field is not updating automatically when I open the project file
or save it.  Is there any way to automatically have this field update to the
current date?
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I am away from Project at the moment to try this, but if you turn on
automatic computation Menu: Tool/Options (and one of the tabs) does this
do it automatically to refresh the now() function?

--rms

www.rmschneider.com

On 11/01/10 20:47, dtksocal wrote:
> I have used the Date 1 field for the Current Date and set the formula to Now
> () but this field is not updating automatically when I open the project file
> or save it.  Is there any way to automatically have this field update to the
> current date?
0
Rob
1/11/2010 9:48:38 PM
Sometimes it needs a nudge.
Edit, Links.
Select them all and click on Update.
--
Trevor Rabey
0407213955

"dtksocal" <dtksocal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have used the Date 1 field for the Current Date and set the formula to
>Now
> () but this field is not updating automatically when I open the project
> file
> or save it.  Is there any way to automatically have this field update to
> the
> current date?

0
Trevor
1/11/2010 11:30:42 PM
The forumula is only going to refresh when there are changes to the file, or
if you press F9 to recalculate the project.

If you open the file and poke around without making any changes, the formula
will not recalculate. So, just press F9.

--
If this post was helpful, please consider rating it.

Jim Aksel, MVP

Check out my blog for more information:
http://www.msprojectblog.com

"dtksocal" wrote:

> I have used the Date 1 field for the Current Date and set the formula to Now
> () but this field is not updating automatically when I open the project file
> or save it.  Is there any way to automatically have this field update to the
> current date?
Jim's right, I'm wrong.
It's F9.
My advice is for Paste Special links that don't always update without a
push.
--
Trevor Rabey
0407213955
61 8 92727485
PERFECT PROJECT PLANNING
www.perfectproject.com.au

"dtksocal" <dtksocal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have used the Date 1 field for the Current Date and set the formula to
>Now
> () but this field is not updating automatically when I open the project
> file
> or save it.  Is there any way to automatically have this field update to
> the
> current date?

0
Trevor

Potential customer field in Quote
Hi, Is there a way to make the Potential customer field in Quote entity as NOT required? Thank you in advance for any suggestions, crsb The entire sales process from opportunity up to the invoice requires a customer. If you don't need the field, create a dummy account and set the customer id to this dummy account in OnLoad. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP CRM Blog on http://www.stunnware.com ---------------------------------------------------------- "crsb" <srinivasa.bharadwaj@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:76d7f1b1-c86f-470b-bbec-0329d9d29f...

What version of Excel converts Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets?
I had a 30-day trial version of Microsoft Office (which I do not know what version it was) and purchased the Student 2003 Office which no longer converts Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets to the Excel spreadsheet. I'd like to upgrade and do not know which one to purchase. Roberta I don't know if the S&T sku for Excel limits the files to open, but in XL2003 (part of Office 2003 Pro) there is a Lotus 1-2-3 option under File>Open...>Files of type drop-down>Lotus 1-2-3 -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS www.ni...

2003 Form fields losing formatting in 2007
Hi there, I have some forms, created in Word 2003, which when opened as a .docx, all form fields revert to Times New Roman font but if they are opened as a .doc, they are in the correct font of Arial. Anyone got any ideas why and how I can fix this? Thanks very much. This doesn't make any sense. Documents always open in the format in which they are saved. What *exactly* are you doing? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com ...

Automatic email of reports
Hi all Can reports be generated and sent automatically to given mail ids on a regular basis ? Pls advice via Crystal Reports, not an option with current out of box version v1.2. You can try externally controlling it via SDK approach. Good luck. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm San Francisco, CA "Parasuraman" wrote: > Hi all > > Can reports be generated and sent automatically to given > mail ids on a regular basis ? > > Pls advice > > > ...

Autoformat dates and times
Hi, I have a workbook with two columns. In the formula bar of one of the cells i have 2005040101700 (YearMonthDateHoursMinutes), but what shows in the cell is 2.00504E+11 When I try to format the cell as yyyymmddhhmm I get ########### and when I put the cursor over the cell with ############### it says that negative dates and times are shown this way. How can I make this work? Thanks. Allison Allison, I'm hoping that your actual value is different: 2005040101700 doesn't make sense: year 2005 month 04 day 01 hour 01 minutes 70 seconds 0 Perhaps it's really 200504010...

How to combine text from 3 cells into 1 cell with space and ", bet
How to combine text from 3 cells into 1 cell with space and ", between. Is it a formala I can use? HI Try this =A1&" "&""""&B1&" "&""""&C1, adjust range to your needs HTH John "JOF" <JOF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3BD2A42E-BCB9-4504-8454-727E366E25DD@microsoft.com... > How to combine text from 3 cells into 1 cell with space and ", between. Is > it > a formala I can use? ...

how do automatically change entire row color when cell changes
Hi, is it possible to change the color of the row cell1 is in when cell1 changes to a specified text? See Help under Conditional Formatting -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "IOE" <IOE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91738C3F-3BEB-4EAE-8551-99E60D8E8A21@microsoft.com... > Hi, > is it possible to change the color of the row cell1 is in when cell1 > changes > to a specified text? Hi - select the row (e.g. row 1) - goto 'Format - Conditional Format' - enter the following formula =$A1="T...

Field with running count of records
Hi, I have a query with fields such as date, Item Number and Quantity. I want to create an additional field called Count that will act like an autonumber. It will assign a value of 1 for the first record, 2 for the second number etc. Can someone tell me how to do this? Thanks, -- Chuck W There are tons of posts on how to create a "ranking" query. You must have a field or fields that uniquely identify the sort order. If you provided significant table and field names as well as your desired sort order, someone could create the SQL for you if you can't search for and fi...

Grid Pane Field Expressions
Ordinarily, I would put field expression code in the OnFormat_Detail event section. However, if it's possible to build the expression I want directly into a query grid pane while in grid design, I would prefer to do that in the current instance. Current case: I have a field "Title" (happens to be the title of a classical music piece.) and I also have the cataloging system and values in separate fields, CatSystem and CatSystemVal, e.g., "Op.", "78". So, if the current piece has a chronological catalog value, I want the query to return it appended to the title ...

Account list view up to current date?
I'm using MS Money Plus Deluxe. I often enter in income/expenses far in advance so I can see how things will play out. Account list is my main view and gets distorted since it is taking into account future events. The portfolio view has a nice feature in that it can show only up to the current date and not any future events, such as future retirement contributions I've entered. Is there a way to make the account list do that? Or, is there some way I can see both scenarios without having to maintain two Money files? Bills | Forecast Cash Flow? Beyond that, no. You could not enter...

Set form field on double click
I am using MS Access 2003. I have a continuous form that is run off of a query "srbScientific Review". The query's criteria is set to [Enter Last Name] in the LastName field. That part works fine. I get my continuous form that shows LastName, DocID, and Title of Document. I would like to double click on the DocID and have the following happen: 1. Open another form "publications" 2. Set the SRBId field to the DocId field that I double clicked on. PLEASE help. I think I need to bookmark, clone.... I'm very confused. As a kick in the right ...

report date range
I have a report that will display data from an inventory transaction history form. There I would enter in the date and several other criteria. After doing so I filter the form to my selection and then print my report. I wanted the date range that is on the form to print on the report. I hvae done this in several other reports and never had a problem until now. I'm getting #NAME. The form is still open upon viewing the report. On the report I have a text box with the logic of: ="Report Date Between: " & [Forms]![frmInvTransactionHistory]![BegtDate] & " and &...

Automatic display positive or negative
Dear All, pls help me. when I type $ 52.00 on C1, I want C1 display positive $52 or negative ($ 52) , if B1 is positive or negative, I want the entire column C. Exemple : C1 : I type $52, it display for me $52 , because B1 is positive C2 : I type $52, it display for me ($52) , because B2 is negative B C B1 5 $52 B2 (3) ($52) It is possible ? Thank you for your help. This can only be done with VBA and the code below will do it for you. To use the code, open the workbook and go to the sheet you want this to work on and then: Right-click o...

Updated reorder quantities
1. How do we update the reorder point and restock levels in HQ, if we change them at the store level? 2. Is there a SQL command to help consolidate the supplier codes? I now have 2 supplier codes for some of my suppliers now that we installed HQ. I had my local partner come in and work a little on this, but he created more problems than solutions. 3. I am also looking for a new RMS partner in the area of California Central Coast. ...

Outlook automatically suts down when using rules???
For whatver reason I have narrowed down my problem with MS Outlook 2002 to the use of rules. For some reason when I have a rules setup to forward emails out to people on my work team it will automatically shutdown my Outlook and restart itself. Over and over again. It is very strange, almost like a memory issue, but I do not see how that could be the case. The messages usually get stuck in the outbox and appear to have never been sent but the recipeints receive the messages over an over again, ewach time Outlook shutsdown and restarts??? NEED HELP SO OUTLOOK WILL NOT SHUT ITSELF D...

Questions to exmerge 6.5.7408.1 (newest version)
- What is the maximum size of a PST file that exmerge can export to? (the ~1.8GB limit from Outlook 2002 and previos?) - We need exmerge for archiving the Excahnge Journaling Mailbox and will use the dataimportmethod=3 option in the ini file, which should export the mailbox into a pst and the delete the content of the mailbox. What will happen with messages that arrive in the mailbox during the exmerge export? Is exmerge smart enough to leave these messages in the Mailbox or does exmerge delete all messages in the mailbox after the export? Thanks in advance for any help! Franz Exmerge as...

Date calculation question
I have a submission date (reg date field) & an expected due date (using Workday to calculate 3 workdays from submission date, minus holidays). I would like to change the due date so if the document is submitted after 3:00pm, an extra day is added. How would I do this? Thanks, JoAnn If you include the time in the submission date, one way: A1: 27 February 2008 3:30 pm B1: =WORKDAY(A1,3+(MOD(A1,1)>15/24), holidays) assuming no holidays, this will return 4 March 2008 another, simpler, way: B1: =WORKDAY(A1+8.99999/24,3) In article <C26E5809-869A-4732-A977-CD...

Anyone know PBDA Spec 1.3.1 Part 3 License Package Hash Algorithm
I studing Protected Broadcast Driver Architecture (PBDA 1.3.1) Part 3 : WMDRM on PBDA. Who know section 3.14.3 "License Package" License_package_hash uses what hash algorithm ? ...

Online stock/fund price update erratic in Money 2002
In the past this function worked OK. Recently, after adding some stocks to the portfolio, I have to go into "Choose stocks to update", uncheck all the other existing stocks, check the new stocks and then do an online update. When I start adding the old stocks back, it will update some, but not all. I am forced to do this unchecking and checking multiple times to get an update done. Any suggestions? try update on the money program. in 2003 there is "internet updates" button on status bar bottom of window. select the "update now" and "money upda...

Re; Date Values
Thanks All You've been most helpful ...

microsoft date and time picker control #3
Is there a way to hide the DTPicker "Button" when printing an Excel page? You should be able to set the PrintObject Property option to False in the Properties Window for the object. PC "Don" <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:576CACE2-BB4A-450A-A894-464E4095DCA3@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to hide the DTPicker "Button" when printing an Excel page? Thank you for the suggestion, but I want the date to be visible when printing, not the button. This works in InfoPath and other non Microsoft applications, please advise if yo...

I can't install the 12.2.1 update on Snow Leopard
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Office 2008 12.2.1 Update can't be installed on this disk. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume. I guarantee a legitimate copy of Office 2008 for Mac is on my iMac. Any suggestions? On 9/30/09 3:43 PM, in article 59b7d9fc.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "kpainte1@officeformac.com" <kpainte1@officeformac.com> wrote: > Office 2008 12.2.1 Update can't be installed on this disk. A version of the > software required to install this update was n...

Hyperlink on longer automatic
Word 2007 and Excell 2007, e-mail address no longer a hyperlink (automatically) as I type. Why? Also in 2007, where I go to to change the color and format of the hyperlinks (i.e. customize).- learning keeps you young Click the Office button, and then click Word Options. In the Proofing category, click AutoCorrect Options. On the AutoFormat As You Type tab, under "Replace as you type," select "Internet and network paths with hyperlinks." Click OK twice. To change the color of hyperlinks, modify the Hyperlink and FollowedHyperlink styles. -- Stefan ...

What formula can one use to Count dates?
Here's the Question: I want to know what I will get paid TODAY, THISWEEK(Monday-Friday) or by the MONTH. I know how to get what I will get paid today: In cell C2 =IF(A2=TODAY(),B2,). I don't know how to get the Week (D2) and Month.(E2) Please help. Digital2k A B C D E F 1 Dates Amount Today This This Week Month 2 6/27/06 $500 0 $700 $700 3 6/28/06 $200 $200 $700 $700 4 7/1/06 $600 0 0 $700 __________________________...

Excel 2007 -- Dates in Pivot Tables in wrong order after refresh
I am using excel 2007 to look at time series data via pivot tables. I am importing the base data from a csv flat file into a sheet in excel -- that all works fine. I have then created a pivot based on the imported data sheet which has dates as the only enty in the Column Label. When I build the pivot initially all the dates are in the correct order from the oldest on the left to the newest on the furthest right. However when I update the underlying data sheet, by adding another months data and then refresh the pivot; the new dates are shown in a haphazard order on the pivot. ...