Customize Task Details Form

Not sure if this is possible.

Can I customize the Task Details Form?  I'd like to add some more input
fields to it.  My company has 23 (way too many) columns they'd like to have
all schedules populate.  I've added the necessary columns to the Gantt view
but I dislike tabbing across and not being able to see all the data at once.
I figured out how to create a customized entry form but I'd like to display
it in the bottom pane of a split view and I can't figure that out.  It would
be even better if I could start with the default task entry form and modify
it since I like it's format for predecessors & successors better.

thanks in advance,

Val
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Val --

Microsoft Project does not allow you to customize the Task Form view or the
Task Details Form view.  The best you can do is to right-click anywhere in
either one of these Form views and select a different set of standard
details (columns) you want to see in the form.  Hope this helps.

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]
VP of Educational Services

"Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Not sure if this is possible.
>
> Can I customize the Task Details Form?  I'd like to add some more input
> fields to it.  My company has 23 (way too many) columns they'd like to
> have
> all schedules populate.  I've added the necessary columns to the Gantt
> view
> but I dislike tabbing across and not being able to see all the data at
> once.
> I figured out how to create a customized entry form but I'd like to
> display
> it in the bottom pane of a split view and I can't figure that out.  It
> would
> be even better if I could start with the default task entry form and
> modify
> it since I like it's format for predecessors & successors better.
>
> thanks in advance,
>
> Val

0
Dale

Stripping Blank Characters form Imported Data
I am trying to verify 2 worksheets full of data. One has been imported from Visual Basic and the other from Business Object. The Business object sheet, brings over the entire field not just the charaters needed. Example: For the city field there are 50 characters available. If you use Nashville, the Business Object brings over 50 characters where the Visual Basic brings over 9. When trying to find descrepancies, this brings back a false positive if the city is the same. Is there a way to manipulate that data when it is sent to Excel? The easiest way to deal with this would be to find...

Keep Added Custom Fields on New Projects
We are importing information from our bidding software. The export is created in XML file. We know the custom fields that are created. How do I make MS Project use the same "look" everytime? I want it to remember the custom fields I created and use that as my default blank project. I don't care about the tasks because those could be different every time. I just want to be able to create each project with the same columns every time. Create or update a view/table with the custom fields and layout you are wanting. Then change the Tools-->Options--View tab to ...

Outlook 2007 send group emails without disclosure of recipient details
i got an email, i cannot see the recipient details. when look into the email header, it seems come from X-Mailer: Microsoft Office Outlook, Build 11.0.5510 Can i do it at Outlook 2007? Thanks a lot. Tony Sure, you can do it in any email clients if you put the senders in the BCC field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://ww...

Trouble with Forms based authentication in OWA
I am having some problems in setting up OWA with forms based authentication. From my understanding it should work like this: I go to my usual address http://<myserverdomain>/Exchange and I will be directed to the Forms Based Authentication login screen. Once I am there I can choose basic or premium function in OWA and once I authenticate I should be able to access OWA without any other login prompts. Well none of that is happening. Here is what I have done so far. 1. Enabled Forms based authentication in Exchange System manager. 2. Verified that that Authenticated Users group has Read...

click on page form tab to filter subform
I have page tab with following names: Flat Rate, Global Rate, MSRP Rate. I would like to have subform only show the rates for each page tab. How do I go about doing this. I am new to VBA and from reading all the threads, I can't seem to find the one that fits my exact need. Please explain step-by-step since I am new. Let me know if I need to provide more details. Thank you. Hi Kris Presumably you have a field in the RecordSource of your subform that contains one of the three values (Flat Rate, Global Rate, MSRP Rate) or some other text or code that corresponds to these values....

Query by Form Problem 06-19-07
I'm using QBF with about six different combo boxes using: [forms]! [formmain]! [combo1] or [forms]![formmain1]![combo1] -like in a VBA book. This is so users can select criteria on a form with the combo boxes, and when they are done, they hit the search button, and it opens up another form based on the query just performed by the combo selection. This worked for about three combo boxes, but when I added another one, it freezes up and opens up a blank page. It's supposed to open the new form based on the query. Is there a better way to do this? I've looked exhaustive...

Table relationships
I've created a database with about 15 tables for a participant data in a research study. Each participant will complete the 15 assessment measures. My ultimate goal is to create a data entry system whereby a research assistant can pull up a form and enter an ID number, plus the answers to the 15 assessment measures. I know I can create a query to combine all the tables, but it seems like the research assistant would have to enter the id and date 15 times (once for each table pulled in to the query). Is there a way to just enter the ID number one time and have it apply t...

require completion of a task
i have a task that automatically generates in crm when a lead is created. i want to require that this task is completed before converting to an opportunity. Any suggestions on how to do this. wendi Wendi, That is an interesting scenario, and not one I'm sure there is an easy answer for. Hopefully one of the other folks will have a better idea, but it looks to me like you'll need a bit of custom programming called a "callout" that looks at the "pre-create" of the Opportunity and checks to see if that task is completed before it will allow the Opportunity t...

Lock and Unlock a Form
I have read many of the other posts in regards to locking and unlocking forms but i am still unable to get it to do what i want. Let me explain my setup. I am working on form to help capture incidents that we have. Each form can have up to 4 subforms. 1 subform is embedded on the main form and the others are on tabs and can be opened using an option group. I have one main number as a key to group all the forms together in a 1-1 relationship. On the main form I have added a combo box with "open" and "close" to help prevent accidental erasing of already entered recor...

Any idea how to delete a custom portfolio view???
Anytime I select a custom portfolio view within Money 06 Deluxe Trial, it crashes Money and I have to reinstall (and not select that particular view) in order to use the Portfolio Manager function w/in Money. Money '05 Deluxe did the same thing, hence my "upgrade" to '06 Deluxe Trial. In what I thought was more than a strange coincidence, the same thing happened when I used Money online through MSN. It crashed Internet Explorer and now if I select Portfolio online, Internet Explorer must close. Any potential solutions other than deleting the view are most welcome. Thanks...

Print Tasks Outlook 2007 Q.
I would love to print out a listing of all my tasks. Unfortunatly, I cannot think of how to do this. I can select my desired list of tasks but when I print it out, they only print one page to a task. How can I print a listing of tasks that will be more like the display? Respectfully, Jonathan Morningstar Greenville, South Carolina USA How and where in Outlook are you "selecting my desired list of Tasks?" Have you made a filtered view of the Tasks Folder? Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com Outlook 2003 user? Read "7 settings all Outlook 2003 us...

Hiding tasks with due dates in the distant future
I'd like to display only my tasks for the next month or so. How can I filter out those that are in the distant future or recurring tasks that won't be due until next year or the year after? Hi, Goto the Tasks folder. Goto the Customize current view. Click on the Filter Button. Goto the Advanced Tab. Under define more criteria, clickon the Feilds and then select All Task Feilds and then select Due Date. Then under the condition Select Between and then in the Value enter the range of dates ( say 3/8/2004 and 3/10/2004 ). Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Ambe...

sync outlook and entourage tasks 02-12-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Is it possible to record a task in outlook and have it show up in entourage, and vice versa...? On 2/12/10 2:29 PM, in article 59bb2be3.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "cccryer@officeformac.com" <cccryer@officeformac.com> wrote: > Exchange Is it possible to record a task in outlook and have it show up in > entourage, and vice versa...? Entourage for EWS: Notes and Tasks don't sync? <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2010/01/entourage_for_ews_notes_and_ta...

CRM, Reporting Services & Forms Authentication
Our company has an app with forms auth that is integrated with Reporting Services. We have forms auth working successfully with Reporting Services. We'd like to integrate CRM and still use forms auth. Is this possible with CRM? Would anyone be kind enough to point me to any documentation or examples of CRM w/ forms auth & Reporting Services? ...

Set a recurring task ie. a task to check a website each month
It would be advantageous to be able to set a recurring task ie. a daily, weekly, monthly or other multiple task. An example would be if you needed to go to an accounts website or prospects website once a month to look for leads. Or to check out a competitor for new things on their website. It could also apply to phoning or mailing etc. This would save constantly having to remember to create a followup or write up to dozens of followups at different dates. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote f...

auto fill in customer when contact selected
Hello, I hope Bertil reads this :) or someone with the same knowledge :) In a case when a user selects a contact is it possible to auto fill in the customer related to the contact?? Any help mucho appreciated. You can do this using javascript. onchange function of the field. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Ian" wrote: > Hello, > > I hope Bertil reads this :) or someone with the same knowledge :) > > In a case when a user selects a contact...

Form with adding
Hello I want to create a form for people who use a cabin The columns titles are: name, number of nights, age group, $ per night, then total $'s The $'s per night depends on the age group. It's $10 for ages 0-12, $20 for 13-18, and $30 for 19+. I'm doing a drop down menu for the age groups. Based on their choice, I want the $'s per night to come up automatically in the next column My questions are 1) Is it best to be doing this in Excel, or should I use Word 2) Assuming Excel, how do I set up the $'s per night based on the drop down menu selection 3) I'd like ...

Custom App for RMS
Hello all, I am a medium size retailer on the Outer Banks in North Carolina. I work for a watersports company called REAL Kiteboarding. We are a kiteboarding retail shop and also teach kiteboarding camps and lessons. Currently we are using Yahoo calendar to manage our camp/lesson schedule with our current POS. I have just figured setting up RMS SO and HQ to get our store running on a better POS system then what we have. I am now looking for a way to integrate a custom calendar/ booking solution with RMS to make bookings of our camps and lessons easier and more fail safe. Would any of ...

How to detect when user switches between open forms?
The user can have multiple non-modal, restored, forms open at once and can switch between them as they want, often by just clicking on their titlebars. These forms are all instances of F_URL. I am using Vista, Access 2007. How do I run a routine anytime the user switches form? F_URL.GotFocus doesn't fire because the Focus event only fires for the particular control that has the focus on the form, and, there are many such possible controls. F_URL.Activate doesn't fire. So, four possibilities as far as I can see: 1. There is probably some obvious event that I'm ju...

Need Help Using A Custom Session Manager
Hi. I have some questions about session management. I have decided to use a custom session manager class to have more control over session state in my web site. I have started out by using Stephan Prodan's Session Class here: http://stefanprodan.spaces.live.com/?_c11_BlogPart_BlogPart=blogview&_c=BlogPart&partqs=cat%3DC%2523 You'll need to take a look (which I appreciate immensely) to get a sense of what I am talking about. 1) My first question pertains to how I persist and access my session information after a user authenticates (or doesn't). In his exam...

Conditional Formatting for Image box on Continuous Forms
Hello again, This problem is driving me crazy. I am a car enthusiast and love taking photos of classic cars. I have a table which describes the make and model in a series of fields. There are several fields that contain a reference to photos of those cars. Ie: the fields are called "Front" "Side" "Rear" "Angle". My form has four image boxes to display the images stored in these fields. But when I open the form all the records show the images of the first car only. I asked about this a few days ago and was advised to check out http://www.lebans.co...

Trying to use Outlook Tasks
Please help me! Recently, at my job, we switched from using Lotus Organizer, to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 (SP2). I really like it, overall, but I’m having a lot of trouble with the “Tasks” portion of it. Under the “Current View” of “Simple List,” I typed in about 30 Tasks that I need to get done. I didn’t specify a category then, so they all went under the category of “none.” By right clicking on the “Categories: (none) (30 items),” and selecting “Categories,” “Master Category List,” I was able to type in the categories that I wanted to use. When I clicked “Ok,” the cat...

CRM Task not working in SFO
I have a problem with SFO. There is no response when I click the "CRM Task" button on the SFO CRM Toolbar. The others work fine - CRM email, convert to crm email, crm appointment, etc. This only happens on one machine. Can't see anything on the server logs. Where should I be looking for errors on the client? Anyone seen this problem before? Try clearing the "cache". In the SFO client> Tools and Options Other tab and then Advanced Options button Custom Forms button and then Manage forms button The click the "clear cache" button. Should be OK then. Guy....

Ready task bar
In excel, on the bottom of the page on the right hand side on the Ready tool bar are 3 or 4 cells which I believe MS adds to the screens to for added tools. In one of these cells is the count total, max, min, ave, sum and when you right click on it you can select one of these to use in the worksheet. My question is, how do I add this tool if it is gone? I had it, but now it is gone, which I do not know how it disappeared. If any one knows, please email me and if you know how to add additional tools to this I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you try tools>options>view>...

custom border problem #3
In Publisher 2007 when I try to create a custom border using a wmf/bmp/gif clipart of 5 to 10 kb size I get the following Alert Message: "This picture is too complex to be made into a border". How can I get around this problem as I have tried over a 100 pieces of clipart which Publisher rejects as too complex. What is an acceptable piece of clipart to Publisher? Surely there must be some simple solution to this. Can anyone help? "Broadford1" <jbane.ennis@eircom.net> wrote in message news:eJZabYejIHA.4064@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > In Publisher 2007 when I ...