Correcting a typo in large value list

I'm new to Project so this may be simple.  I have several project files that
the value list for a Text column was incorrectly entered.  Is there a way I
can add a string prefix to all 200+ values in the list?  For example, the
data I have in the Text13 column is "1.3.1" and I want "ABC.1.3.1".    I've
tried to do a formula but I keep getting a recursive error since I need the
new value to be in Text13 plus I need to keep the ability to be able to
select a new value from the list (in case something changes).  If it was
Excel, this would be simple because I'd just convert the formula to Paste
Values and be done.

Any help is appreiciated!!!
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You can copy the column, then paste in excel, convert then paste back.

-Jack Dahlgren

"Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm new to Project so this may be simple.  I have several project files
> that
> the value list for a Text column was incorrectly entered.  Is there a way
> can add a string prefix to all 200+ values in the list?  For example, the
> data I have in the Text13 column is "1.3.1" and I want "ABC.1.3.1".
> I've
> tried to do a formula but I keep getting a recursive error since I need
> the
> new value to be in Text13 plus I need to keep the ability to be able to
> select a new value from the list (in case something changes).  If it was
> Excel, this would be simple because I'd just convert the formula to Paste
> Values and be done.
>
> Any help is appreiciated!!!

0
Jack
3/8/2010 6:37:52 PM
Thanks that worked as long as I selected the 1st and last cell in the column.
 I tried pasting the column but that locked up project.

"Jack Dahlgren MVP" wrote:

> You can copy the column, then paste in excel, convert then paste back.
>
> -Jack Dahlgren
>
> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm new to Project so this may be simple.  I have several project files
> > that
> > the value list for a Text column was incorrectly entered.  Is there a way
> > can add a string prefix to all 200+ values in the list?  For example, the
> > data I have in the Text13 column is "1.3.1" and I want "ABC.1.3.1".
> > I've
> > tried to do a formula but I keep getting a recursive error since I need
> > the
> > new value to be in Text13 plus I need to keep the ability to be able to
> > select a new value from the list (in case something changes).  If it was
> > Excel, this would be simple because I'd just convert the formula to Paste
> > Values and be done.
> >
> > Any help is appreiciated!!!
>
> .

SMALL and LARGE
Hello everyone. I have a column of numbers in an array called TEST 1 1 3 4 5 6 7 7 Why when I run the formula =small(test,2) I get 1 and with =large(test,2) I get 7. My logic suggests I should get 3 and 6? Please help. Thanks in anticipation. John =SMALL (test,N) returns the Nth value when the elements of test are arranged in ascending order, so =SMALL(test,1) = 1 =SMALL(test,2) = 1 =SMALL(test,3) = 3 etc. Similarly for LARGE. You have to be a bit cleverer to get the Nth smallest number ignoring duplicates. Andrew Taylor Tonto wrote: > Hello everyone. > > I have a column...

Hide "All Disabled Accounts" from Exchange address list. #2
I'm trying to remove ex-employees names from the global address list in Exchange. The ex-employees accounts are disabled and many have been selected to "Hide from Exchange address list," but there are still a bunch of disabled accounts with active names in the global address list. Is there some action or query I can run to select "Hide from exchange address list" on all disabled accounts? Doing this one by one would be a total pain. Thanks Hi you can do this by using vbscript together with some LDAP filter but you could also use a tool (ADModify for example) that hel...

Using Access form to assign values of variables in an Excel VBA program
I have created a VBA program for Ms Excel.But,to get desired results, every time, I go into the code to change the values of variables.Is there a way to get the values of variables stored in an Access table? YOu need to do a search for ADO method (ActiveX Data Object). There are plenty of example of code on the web. You need to add two references in your VBA to use the method. from VBA menu tools - References 1) Microsoft Access XX.X object library 2) Microsfot ActiveX Data Objects X.X library Use the latest versio of the two libraries on your PC. You will make a conn...

Can not download bank statments correctly
I upgraded from MS 2003 Deluxe to MS 2007 DeLuxe,when I try to download my bank statments /no matter what format I use QIF or OFX/ I do not get all transactions and the ones that appear have strange year dates: 2008, 2011, 2009 etc.??? Will someone tell me how to fix it ? Thank You. Regards Adam In microsoft.public.money, Adam wrote: >I upgraded from MS 2003 Deluxe to MS 2007 DeLuxe,when I try to download my >bank statments /no matter what format I use QIF or OFX/ I do not get all >transactions and the ones that appear have strange >year dates: 2008, 2011, 2009 etc.??? &g...

Selecting top five values from Pivot
Hi, I have a Pivot shows the supplier name and the qty supplied by them. Now in another sheet, I have to show only the top 5 suppliers, who have supplied highest qty. Supplier Qty AAAA 12 BBBB 2 CCCC 65 DDDD 987 EEEE 75 FFFF 1 GGGG 123 Above data is displayed in Pivot. In another sheet, I require, only top 5 suppliers with highest qty supplied. Please help. Thanks, Navin ...

HELP!!! How do you create a query crieria for multi values??
Hello all, please hyelp, its an emergency!!! Need to create a query where one of the searches is male or female, how do I allow user to enter both as the search options?? Also how do I convert tix boxes into a query criteria (e.g. serach for all ticked) Thanks so much for your help ...

Disable/Enable all controls on a form based on value of another control
What is the best to way to exclude a specific control (or controls) from the following condition? (e.g., I would like to exclude SubjectID and MRN from being Enabled or Disabled): ### Dim Ctl As Control On Error Resume Next If IsNull(Me.SubjectID) OR IsNull(Me.MRN) Then For Each Ctl In Me.Controls Ctl.Enabled = False Next Ctl Else For Each Ctl In Me.Controls Ctl.Enabled = True Next Ctl End If ### I'm using this to ensure that the user enters the SubjectID and MRN *before* entering more data for the subject. By disabling all the...

How do i number a list of data in excel 2003?
I was shown once, but I can't remember how it was done. I have a list of 5000 things and I need to number then 1-5000, but don't want to go through all 5000. I have seen it done where you type the first few like 1-7 and then use a shortcut and drag it down the rest of the list and the numbers will populate. Please help! You can try something like this: =IF(B1="","",COUNTA($B$1:B1) copy down....or if there are no gabs in your list simply double click on the lower right corner of the cell. HTH JG -- pinmaster -------------------------------------------------...

Cell Number Format includeing other Cell Value
Hello, I needed to create some conditional number format - to say so... My goal: Cell A1 content is "m2" as I Enter in cell A2: "10" -> the output to cell A2 should be "10 m2". Cell A1: "Dollars" -> A2: 200 -> shown "200 Dollars"... and so on.... Is that possible in Excel? (don't know VBA - yet :DD) Any help is appreciated! BR, Daniel How about just use a third cell: =a2 & " " & a1 daniel_of_vienna wrote: > > Hello, > > I needed to create some conditional number format - to say so... > M...

mailing list servers for Exchange 2000/2003?
Are there any decent majordomo/listserv servers that integrate with Windows 2003 and Exchange 2000/2003? Try http://www.ikakura.com "Robert Gordon" <Robert_Gordon@nospam.perlegen.com> wrote in message news:#X1spgS5DHA.1368@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Are there any decent majordomo/listserv servers that integrate with Windows > 2003 and Exchange 2000/2003? > > ...

Distribution List Troubleshooting
I have a distribution list that I created - the list works when I type in each individual's email address separately in the "to" field. It also works when I send to each person separately. BUT when I try to use the list, only some of the addresses receive the message - others come back undeliverable host. I have deleted and recreated this list three times already, and still the same result. HELP!!!!! ...

White List
How do I create a white list (do not filter) including people who are not in my global lists? Even the smallest list in Outlook 2000 doesn't fit on the exchange server if I try to set it to Stop Processing in the Rules Wizard. Even if it only happened after it went through the server it would be better than nothing. You can whitelist by defining a rule, like: Apply this rule after a message arrives sender is in <contacts> Address Book and on this machine only stop processing more rules <duplicate of above rule for each contact-type folder> Apply...

threads won't close and then reopen correctly...
I have a MFC VC++ project that has a thread started in the OnInitDialog() function of a dialog box. AfxBeginThread(ThreadProcess, (LPVOID) this, 0); I handle the thread in the the following function UINT Questions::ThreadProcess(LPVOID param) { //do some stuff AfxEndThread(0); return 0; } Everything works well until I close the dialog box and then reopen it. When I do that the thread doesn't work as it should the second time around. Anyone have any thoughts on why I am getting this unwanted behavior and what I can do to correct it? Thanks in advance, RABMissouri2008 "RAB&...

FW: Check out corrective update for Microsoft Windows
--sliujiore Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="zthgctxf"; type="multipart/alternative" --zthgctxf Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="nsjtdzuhxfdunaqs" --nsjtdzuhxfdunaqs Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to continue keeping yo...

Check value range, then return spesific number?
Hi. I want to implement a function in my spreadsheet, that gives me this: When I enter a number into a cell, another number shows in another cell, based upon the number first entered. A bit more spesific: The idea is to calculate the number of instructors needed for a week end seminar. 1 participant requires 1 instructor. Same for 2 participants, and 3. 4, 5 and 6 participants requires 2 instructors. 7, 8 and 9 participants requires 3 instructors. And so on. For every 3 participant, we apply 1 instructor. So, i.e. if I enter the number 5, i want the number 2 in the cell below. I trie...

HOWTO: Bulk change "Hide from Exchange address lists" under "Exchange Advanced" using ADModify or VBScript
Using ADModify: (http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/releases/viewuploads.aspx?id=f5cbbfa9-e46b-4a7a-8ed8-3e44523f32e2) 1. Select the CUSTOM tab 2. Check Box "Make a customized attribute modification" 3. Attribute Name field, enter "msExchHideFromAddressLists" (without quotes) 4. Attribute Value field, enter "TRUE" to Hide from lists, "FALSE" to show in lists (again, without quotes) 5. Hit Go! ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Using VBScript: (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/resources/qanda/oct05/hey...

Assigning a default value to a lookup.
I have a client that only has one unit of measure (Each) and would like to have this value set at default when creating new quote and opportunity products. I spent some time looking into this and have not determined how to control lookups at all except clearing them. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Wayne. Hi Wayne, It's documented in the CRM SDK: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa681853.aspx -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnw...

Create chart from List Box
How do I use a List Box, with the months in it, allowing the user to click on a month and pull up that particular chart? Do I have to create several charts and use the list box as a hyperlink or can I have the chart create itself? TIA, Brenda Jon Peltier has instructions on his web site that may help you: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html Brenda wrote: > How do I use a List Box, with the months in it, allowing > the user to click on a month and pull up that particular > chart? Do I have to create several charts and use the > list b...

Format a whole row based on value of one cell
I want to use conditional formatting to colour a whole row of cell based on the value in column C. I understand how conditional formatting works on the single cell yo select, but I don't know how to change the format for multiple cell based on the value of a single cell. Any suggestions? g -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following as an example: - select row 1 - goto 'format - Conditional Format' - choose 'formula' and enter the following formula =$C1=your_value - choose a format -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I want to u...

How to remove comma and decimals from a value
How can I remove comma's and decimal's from a value using a formula in a query? i.e. 4,325.00 Result: 432500 Assuming Excel recognizes the data as numeric, just reformat it. Edit > Cells, select the Number tab, choose 0 decimals and uncheck the separator box. If there not recognized as numbers, you'd first want to convert them: type a 0 in some random cell, copy it, select your data set and Edit > Paste Special, select Values and Add, then click OK. "Send Object Command - Two attachments" wrote: > How can I remove comma's and decimal's from a valu...

Line chart zero values
I am trying to do a automated line chart that updates as users input over the next 12 weeks... the chart is consisting of 12 weeks on the x axis and % on the y. The problem im having is the values in the table that the chart is picking up from are formulas... but if the formula result is zero or ""(blank) I want the line chart to ignore it... rather than plot zero values making the line drop when a nil value or blank... for rest of the whole 12 weeks...? eg week 1 = 10% week 2 = 11% week 3 = I want the line to stop at week 2...? but because to work out the % is a formula...

Enable Combo box based on value in check box and list box....
I am working in Excel 2003 As a part of my worksheet titled "Worksheet" I am trying to enable Combo boxes based on the value of a check box and the value in a list box. There will be a total of 6 combo boxes on the Worksheet. The first combo box that deals with the body of a book will by default enabled. The second combo box will be set to appear disabled unless a forms control check box is checked to indicate there will be a cover on the book. The 3rd through 6th combo box will each be disabled by default and will be enabled when the list box which indicates the additional sect...

Tab not working correctly
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I have an iMac that is running Office 2004, in a guest account, the TAB key doesn't go to the default tabs of .5 inches. In any other account it works correctly. Somebody must have found a setting in word that has changed the settings for tabs. For the life of me I have looked and cannot determine where or which one they have changed. I have looked under format, preferences, etc. <br> Anyone have any ideas. Thanks in advance.Don Well, what *does* happen when you press the Tab key? It's also a good...

Automatically change list values #3
Thanks, that works perfectly for me -- DKer ----------------------------------------------------------------------- DKerr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1308 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27040 ...

mailbox name not allowed or chunk too large
Hello - I have a client who can't email us. Everytime he does, it bounces back to him and he gets this error message: <IHA4.IHA-CENTRAL.local #5.5.0 smtp;553 Requested action not >> taken: mailbox name not allowed or chunk too large - on relay of: MAIL >> FROM:<Mike_O'Donnell@theirdomain.com>> I found this link: http://www.faqs.org/qa/rfcc-193.html FW: DELIVERY FAILURE: 553 Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed or chunk too large. Apostrophies (') not supported in smtp address (reply to) by recepient server. So, looking at the erro...