Can't change default in template

I am using the Marketing Event Manager template and it refuses to change the
default  total project duration  from 62 days no matter what I do. Can anyone
help?
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Flatbush,

Exactly what are you doing to the change the "default project duration"?

I ask as I'm not at all sure what a "default project duration" is and
how to change it.  The project duration is normally computed by Project
as a result of adding up all the durations in a logical way to give you
the computed project duration.  It's the difference in time between the
first task and the last task in the plan.

I think what you might be wanting to do is use the Marketing Event
template as a "template" to create a plan for your own marketing event.
  Change the durations and logic (as appropriate) to compute your own
project cost/schedule.

Perhaps you should be taking a look at Project's Help, a good book on
Project, or a course, or perhaps some free resources on the internet,
e.g. Mike Glen's
http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMFrame.asp?CMD=ArticleSearch&AUTH=23

--rms

www.rmschneider.com

On 21/04/10 17:31, Flatbush wrote:
> I am using the Marketing Event Manager template and it refuses to change the
> default  total project duration  from 62 days no matter what I do. Can anyone
> help?
0
Rob
4/21/2010 5:26:22 PM
Hi,

Only you can. Project duration is the difference between the start of the
first task and the finish of the last one. It is calculated and cannot be
set.
Hope this helps,
--
Jan De Messemaeker
Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional
"Flatbush" <Flatbush@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using the Marketing Event Manager template and it refuses to change
>the
> default  total project duration  from 62 days no matter what I do. Can
> anyone
> help?

0
Jan

Auto change formula in cells when source is changed
Good day experts; If specific cells have the same formula for example: C1 = Product( A1;B1) C16 = Product(A16;B16) C17= Product(A17;B17) And so on ... What formula should i write in C16, C17, ... so that: when the formula in the source cell, C1, is changed the formulas in C16, C17, ... would automatically change accordingly. I tried "=C1" it does not work Thanks in advance Carlo carlo wrote: > Good day experts; > > If specific cells have the same formula for example: > C1 = Product( A1;B1) > C16 = Product(A16;B16) > C17= Product(A17;B17) > And so on ... ...

Favorite Folders reverts to default list when computer shut-down
I have no problem adding, deleting or moving folders in the Favorite Folders pane. The problem is that they all disappear and revert to the default list everytime my computer is shut down. So I have to keep adding the folders back in Is there a way to keep the shortcut folders in the Favorite Folders pane? ...

Changing a text field to a date field
Hi I know this is a problem for lots of people but I still cant find an answer. I have imported a text file into excel with a number field that displays credit card expiry dates as a 4 digit number. example 0408 so month + year. I have converted the number field to a text field so it doesnt drop off the first zero and now I need to convert it to a date field. Any nice easy simple ideas. Any help would be much appreaciated. Or direction to a question the same. Perhaps =DATE(100+RIGHT(A1,2),LEFT(A1,2),1) format as date -- daddylonglegs --------------------------------------------...

Problem changing wallpaper on Vista
I am trying to change the wallpaper on Vista. I have a sub that works on XP with .jpg and .bmp images... Private Sub SetActiveDesktopWallpaper(ByVal sFileName As String, ByVal lStyle As Long, ByVal fForce As Boolean) Dim ad As ActiveDesktop Dim co As COMPONENTSOPT Dim wpo As WALLPAPEROPT Set ad = New ActiveDesktop 'check if AD is enabled co.dwSize = Len(co) ad.GetDesktopItemOptions co, 0& With wpo .dwSize = Len(wpo) .dwStyle = lStyle End With With ad ' set wallpaper style... .SetWallpaperOpt...

publisher templates #3
I have read the posting from Liz asking for a way to creat half fold cards in Publisher. After reading the suggestions via further postings, I wish Microsoft would explain why they chose to remove the 3rd option for a half fold card from its' more recent edition. It was SO much easier and handier to click the 3rd option of page setup to create a half fold card. I have the Avery textured half-fold cards and I used them with the earlier verson of Publisher. When it ain't broke; don't fix it! Sonya645 wrote: >I have read the posting from Liz asking for a way to creat &...

id like to know where i can find a template for repay of a loan

Statment of changes in financial position
i will be a demo of GP 10 on Weds for a customer who has a requirement for a statement of changes in financial position. Is there any reason that this would be a problem in FRx as long as i know what GL accounts make up each row? Their sales and receivables are going to be maintained in another systmer - with that system providing a journal entry either weekly or monthly. THanks! Andrea: How did this come out for you, also have you done a Schedule of Changes Report?? Pretty standard non-profit reports. "Andrea Smiley" wrote: > i will be a demo of GP 10 on Weds for a cus...

Corporate Name Change
How does one change the name of a stock (and symbol) when a company (such as AOL) decides to do so Wade: Select AOL from your portfolio, right click and choose "see details" You can rename it and change the symbol there. Kevin "Wade" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:023701c395d4$c6129da0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How does one change the name of a stock (and symbol) when > a company (such as AOL) decides to do so Thanks ... I get an error stating the ticker is already in use. How can I get around this (is there a global ticker li...

blank postcard template 4 x 6
Hi, I have a postcard that I made in MS Publisher that is 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 in size. Obviously I can't use a .23 cent stamp on this item. I was interested in modifying my larger postercard and reducing it to a 4 x 6 template size so I can save on postal expenses. I couldn't find a blank template! I've purchased card stock and am ready to figure out a way to convert the larger size to (4) 4x6 smaller postcards printed on a full sheet 8 1/2 x 11. I'll then have them cut to size. So.. is there a easy to use template out there and how do I convert (shrink) my current postc...

changing sort order
I have followed the TK "How to BCP Data Out and Back into a New Database (875179)" a few times and it seems to work great. However, when bcp'ng the data back in, I do notice some errors as it flashes by in the dos screen, however, NONE of the .err files show any size other than 0k. After logging into Great Plains, I do notice that some information is completely missing. I check the tables and they are empty. I checked the in and out bat files and those tables are exported, then imported, the table is empty and its .err file is also blank. If the .err files do not show...

And introducing... The Default Text Box Add-in!!
Default Text Box for Publisher 2002/2003 allows you to save defaults for text boxes in Publisher 2002 (which before now has been impossible) and to save these defaults for use in future publications (which isn't even possible with Publisher 2003!) Download it now from http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/Publisher/add-ins.htm Go on, give it a go - it's free! -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm I don't want add-ons for 2002 - I want 2003! "Ed Bennett" <...

Changing Exch5.5 GAL columns in Outlook client view
Sorry if the subject line is a bit cryptic; anyway, in the Outlook client, if you display the 'Address Book' you get the following columns - name, business phone, office, title, company, alias, e-mail type, & e-mail address. How do you change it so you show the display name, business, extension, cell phone, & internet email address? Basically, how/where do you change the columnar data the client sees? Thanks, Mike Lawson Mike Goto View | Columns and there u can manage views... KJ "Mike Lawson" wrote: > Sorry if the subject line is a bit cryptic; anyway, i...

Dropdown Size: How do I change?
I have a workbook and after opening it on another computer, all the dropdowns are way too wide. And how can I have them show 20 items rather than the default of 8? Thanks, Craig Right-click the dropdown and you can change the 8 to any other number. To make it less wide, right-click it and drag the right/left border to the size you want. It MAY have something to do with the screen resolution on the other computers...? Bob Umlas "Craig Roberts" <Somewhere @ Lindstrom Minnesota USA> wrote in message news:e4jiOnVPFHA.1268@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >I have a workbook a...

How can I change primary display for presentation on multiple mon.
I want to hit F5 and have my presentation go to a different monitor. I have multiple monitors so my laptop display on a classroom screen. Can I change the default monitor that F5 points to? In article <5A95BBFC-B291-4A05-9E71-3F094B937ABB@microsoft.com>, Shorebilly wrote: > I want to hit F5 and have my presentation go to a different monitor. I have > multiple monitors so my laptop display on a classroom screen. Can I change > the default monitor that F5 points to? In the Slide Show | Set up show dialog, you can choose the monitor you want to display slide s...

Outlook keeps making itself Default
Hi, Everytime I start Outlook it takes over as default for email and addresses even though I have that option unchecked in outlook, and in IE I set OE Express as default, yet each time I launch outlook it takes over as Default, any ideas TIA Wayne ...

Placeholders in Templates
How does one create the placeholders that appear in templates [Type-Address-Hear] that add the little tab when you click on them? See the article "Using MacroButton fields" at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/UsingMacroButton.htm Or better See the article "How to create a Userform" at: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm and the following page of fellow MVP Greg Maxey's website : http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Create_and_employ_a_UserForm.htm -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to a...

pointer changes from arrow to plussign
Somehow the pointer arrow in excel has changed from an arrow to a plus sign. How can I change it back to an a n arrow? That would depend upon where you are pointing the cursor. If anywhere on the cells portion of a worksheet, the cursor is a fat white plus sign. If pointing to menus, toolbars, sheet tabs or scrollbars the cursor should be an arrow. Are you saying your cursor "never" changes to an arrow? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 19:15:34 -0700, "gmohanco" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Somehow the pointer arrow in excel has c...

Is there templates for refunds/credits?
I have several vendors that at one point or another need to send back credits or ask for refunds. I would like to see something already in use for this procedure. Is there anything out there? Thanks. ...

changing the message list in outlook 2003
i just upgraded from office 2000 to 2003. in the message look in outlook, it separates the messages by date. is there any way to turn this off, so i just have a long list of messages? Right click on the header in the message list, uncheck "show in groups." --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Lee Benningfield asked: | i just upgraded from office 2000 to 2003. in the mess...

Cannot use default SMTP Virtual Server
Hello All, I this problem since yesterday Actually I post this already and get some reply but that doesnt solve it. Again my problem is: I have newly setuo exhcange 2003 (SBS 2003) everythng works fine until I test for open relay (using telnet om port 25) and found that it was indeed open. So I check KB and follow intruction to allo only this IP block to relay mail 192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0 but when I try to telnet again the server on port 25 I cannot connecto it anymore. I restarted the service even the server itself but still I cannot connect to it. NOTE: I can connect with port...

Cell colour change automatically
Is it possible to create a formula to automatically turn a cell a given colour? Example: - If I type the word "Yes" in a cell I would like the cell to turn red automatically, If I type the word "No" in a cell I would like the cell to turn green automatically. Is this possible? If yes please recreate a formula to assist me. Many thanks -=- dustyv Take a look at "Conditional Formatting" in XL Help. In article <45794F52-0D61-4B8F-8562-A3E9E6F957BE@microsoft.com>, dustyv <dustyv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is it possible to create a formul...

Missing default SMTP virtual server
I have just been given the task to configure the IMF in our exchange setup, but have found what appears to be a problem. The Default SMTP Virtual Server is missing. Is there any way to re-instate it, or is this a sign of potentially bigger problems in our setup? Regards Chris Bartholomeusz Are you sure this was not just renamed? Do you see any virtual servers under SMTP Protocols. If yes then work with that to enable IMF. cheers, Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/ "Barton1967&q...

how to change the background color of menu bar
I want to change the background color on the menu bar in excel 2003. Can anyone help me. the color is controlled by Windows. On your desktop, Right click and choose Properties Click the Appearance tab and then choose "Advanced" In the "Item" dropdown choose Menu pick your desired color and click OK, OK NOTE: THIS CHANGE WILL AFFECT ALL WINDOWS APPLICATIONS -- swatsp0p ------------------------------------------------------------------------ swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15101 View this thread: http://www....

Changing cell format
I have a worksheet that is populated with data exported from Access. The data in the Access table was serial numbers with an occasional (rare) alpha character. The column was formatted "Text" in Access. When I exported it to Excel, every value in this field (around 3000 entries), has an apostrophe (') inserted at the frontof the cell. Find and Replace does not see the ' How can I remove this so that I can use Fill>Series to populate the gaps in my data (there are many gaps)? Try copying the ' Access character and pasting it into the Replace menu. It could be...

Default Domain Policy?
Isn't the default domain policy supposed to show up under the Group Policy tab on all property sheets for OU's? I can see the the policy is applied at the domain level but it doesn't show up under any of the OU's properties on the group policy tab. Is that normal? Also note that there is no blocking set. Thanks, Dan No. The Default Domain Policy will only show up on the properties of the domain itself. It will then propagate down and apply to all sub-OU's unless you have inheritance turned off. Depending on which tool you use to view GPO's, it can make mo...