BCWS Incorrect in Resource Usage View

Using Microsoft Project 2007, I am trying to look at the BCWS data for
resources on  one project.  When I select the Resource Usage View, it
properly displays the Work and Actual Cost data for each resource. Expanding
the resource shows all of the tasks and their corrrect Work and Actual Cost
data;however, the BCWS summary data for each resource is at best erratic!
Some resources show 0 BCWS in the Resource summary, but when the resource is
expanded the correct BCWS values are shown for each task. One Resource shows
a summary BCWS of over 7000 even though the Work is 1500 hours. Any ideas why
the BCWS summary is not functioning correctly in Resource Usage View?

Regards,
Charles Goetz
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

BCWS only accrues when StatusDate>BaselineStart.  Might you have a situation
where your forecast or actual start is to the left of BaselineStart and
StatusDate<BaselineStart?

I have noted some odd Earned Value behavior in P2003, 7, and 10 in the task
and resource usage views.  However, I don't recall BCWS problems ... BCWP is
my head ache.

For certain, make sure you are up to date on service packs, etc. for P2007.

I am a little confused however.  You talk about BCWS over 7000, work is
1500.  That is possible, if the resource work rate exceeds a bit over $4/hr.

Another headache in the BCWS rollup area.  It turns out that if you
re-baseline tasks (including adding work, moving, deleting, etc.) the rollups
do not seem to function the way you would expect, even if you check the
"rollup" boxes during the rebaseline.

I have a current customer who has BCWS rollup problems because of changes.
What we've had to do for them is back out all progress, set status date to
project start, make the baseline changes, rebaseline, and then restore
progress.  This is tricky, if you don't do it correctly then use forgive all
the past schedule variances.

That should get you started.
--
If this post was helpful, please consider rating it.

Jim Aksel, MVP

Check out my blog for more information:
http://www.msprojectblog.com

"cgoetz" wrote:

> Using Microsoft Project 2007, I am trying to look at the BCWS data for
> resources on  one project.  When I select the Resource Usage View, it
> properly displays the Work and Actual Cost data for each resource. Expanding
> the resource shows all of the tasks and their corrrect Work and Actual Cost
> data;however, the BCWS summary data for each resource is at best erratic!
> Some resources show 0 BCWS in the Resource summary, but when the resource is
> expanded the correct BCWS values are shown for each task. One Resource shows
> a summary BCWS of over 7000 even though the Work is 1500 hours. Any ideas why
> the BCWS summary is not functioning correctly in Resource Usage View?
>
> Regards,
> Charles Goetz

The Form Required To View this Message....
I recently had to do a reinstall of Outlook 98 and since doing this I am now receiving the error message "The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact your administrator." This occurs when I am trying to open the envelope of an attached message. the envelop icon seems to have changes to a more yellow one than I had before also. As I don't have an administrator, so where can I get the form from? Regards, Murray ...

Contacts View
We have setup are contacts by first name, last name. Can this be changed so that everyone views them by last name, first name "Brian McFarland" <BrianMcFarland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CDD39DFB-02EA-42D2-86F1-D5128D683638@microsoft.com... > We have setup are contacts by first name, last name. > > Can this be changed so that everyone views them by last name, first name Settings/Organization/System Settings. I believe it doesn't update the existing records, until you make a change to the name...such as adding a space, which gets tri...

Help viewing attachments
When I open an attachment in Outlook 2002, if it is a picture I just get a bunch of code and can't see the picture. Is there anyway to fix this? Make sure you open it with a picture viewer. You can assign a default program for your picture type by going to Control Panel-> Folder Option-> tab File Types -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "brandi g." <brandi g.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52C100E4-B15B-4...

Group View #2
Hello, I need to create group views for 50 users. They to have each other's names in thru groups. Is there a way that I can do this on the server so I don't have to have a user log in and then add the name of each person? Is there a better way to view a lot of calendars in Exchange? The interface is Outlook 2003 Thanks. ...

CRM 4.0, Records showing incorrect dates
A user in the central time zone enters an opportunity today, 9/11. If a user in the pacific time zone opens this very same record, the date on it shows 9/10, not 9/11. The user in the central time zone computer displays the correct windows time, as well as the user in the pacific time zone. Why is it when a user in the pacific time zone setting opens up a record that was entered in the central time zone show a date of 9/10 when it was entered 9/11? I know CRM stores all dates in UTC. This is the only user that if when she enters a record that is opened by another user in the pacifc time z...

views and frames
Hello group, I need some clarification on views and CSplitterWnd. When I create an SDI application with the wizard, it creates a view object. From Prosise's book: "The view is a child window sized to fit the frame window so that it becomes, for all practical purposes, the frame window's client area." For this post, call the above automatically created view object the "default view." Now I add a CSplitterWnd to the frame class, and use it to create 4 panes, each with its own view class attached. This partitions the client area of the frame into 4 panes. D...

Deleted items view issue
I have one user who can not see their deleted items [Exchange Server 2000] under Outlook 2003 beta but can view them under Outlook XP. All other users can view all folders under both versions of Outlook just fine. I have reinstalled, deleted items and restored them, checked all settings I can think of and nothing seems to help. Any thoughts are appreciated. ...

Outlook 2003 views
Each new folder I create has the "show in groups" option ticked. I hate this option and always turn it off. Is there a way to have it off by default so I don't have to change it after creating new folders? Thanks ...

How to migrate the address view
In our testing Exchange 5.5 environment, we have a large number of address view set for use to search the GALs, DLs and contacts. However, I don't know how to migrate to Exchang 2003 server, would you tell me how to do that? Thank you ...

MSP2007: Resource Reports: Showing last years data??
Resource Usage Report (Report, Workload, Resource Usage) is showing dates of 11/109 to 1/31/10 on the report. Why is it limiting itself to those dates? Very odd. Thank you so much for your help! Stacey Stacey -- By default, Microsoft Project prints the default reports using the date range from the Start date of the project to the Finish date of the project. The only way to change this is in the Print dialog, where you can change the date range for printing in the Timescale section of the dialog. Do either of these explain what you are seeing? Let us know. -- Dale ...

7 day view
I want the 7 day view to show just like the 5 day view (7 vertical columns) instead of the current mess. How can I do it? I know it works well with Netscape Calendar and Palm Pilot's version of their calendar, so surely Microsoft could also figure out how to do it, right? Any ideas on how to fix that bug? I'm not sure how to change the default view, but I do know you can click and drag over 7 days on the Calendar (or use the keyboard shortcut of ALT+7) to view 7 days side by side in columns. Something until you get a more permanent solution... jm "R" <R@discussion...

Merging duplicate accounts that Money 2006 doesn't view as duplicate
I'm having the same problem that the guy in this post had: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.money/browse_thread/thread/ab93827a633d598/d1266cc1b241fcb3?q=duplicate+accounts&rnum=15#d1266cc1b241fcb3 My wife and I have a shared account and an individual account and so I had to setup logins to both accounts to get all of the accounts. Now it won't let me merge the two accounts that are actually one account and so it has double entries for all of the entries in that account. What can I do to fix this? Thanks, Dave ...

Outlook Web Access usage
What is the best way to track usage of Outlook Web Access (overall statistics, etc.) on Exchange 2003? Thanks ak There should be performance monitor counters for this, and also you could consider monitoring the IIS logs. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "A Kincer" <nospamakincer@kiusa.com> wrote in message news:ehIESaRXEHA.500@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > What is the best way to track usage of Outlook Web Access (overall > statistics, etc.) on Exchange 2003? > > Thanks > > ak > > ...

Linking to record in form view
I would like to have a link in one of the columns in my table view that will take the user to that record displayed in a form view. Is this possible to do in an existing base? Thanks. You can create a search on your form that will display a selected record. Steve santus@penn.com "TES" <TES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:269F0D04-8E77-4CB1-9E20-3734FDFE1E25@microsoft.com... >I would like to have a link in one of the columns in my table view that >will > take the user to that record displayed in a form view. Is this possible ...

Is it possible to view Excel split screen by tab within same file
I would like to view split screen tabs within the same Excel workbook. Is this possible? Hi SS. Go to Window - Arrange - and select the view you would like. It shows all tabs. Minimize or close the ones you don't want. I find the vertical view the easiest to use. HTH -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "SS" wrote: > I would like to view split screen tabs within the same Excel workbook. Is > this possible? Window|new window Window|Arrange (horizontal/vertical/whatever you want) Check windows of activeworkbook (if you only want that one workbook) You'll see som...

How do I create a CCheckListBox control with a dialog resource tem
I want to insert a Checklistbox into my dialog, but there is no tool for it in the standard toolbar. All the information that I have found so far tell sme that I can add one into the resource template, but does not mention how. Any help greatly appreciated! Mkennedy1102 wrote: > I want to insert a Checklistbox into my dialog, but there is no tool for it > in the standard toolbar. All the information that I have found so far tell > sme that I can add one into the resource template, but does not mention how. > Any help greatly appreciated! CCheckListBox uses an ordinary l...

why is resource usage showing milestones as unassigned tasks?
The Resource Usage Sheet is showing all of my milestones as unassigned tasks. Is there a way to modify this so that it does not consider milestones on the Resource Usage sheet? Hello Tammy, I assume you mean you are seeing the milestones under the grouping "Unassigned" in the Resource Usage view. This is expected if you do not assign resources to the milestones (and I personally do not). Unfortunately it does not appear that a simple filter for Name <> "Unassigned" works. The only way I could hide the tasks was to drop a Flag field and set the m...

meeting room/resource schedule solution
I know within Outlook you can invite attendies to a meeting and any changes to time and date made to the meeting will notify all attendies, but with outlook it is vertually impossible to allow all users (several hundred) to view the meeting room schedule unless their added with apporpiate permissions to view the receptionist calender. Is there another solution/product that will help. I have seen Meeting Room Manager - by net simplicity which looks like it does everything I want but would like to know if anyone else knows of other to compare againts. thank you. Why is the receptionist cal...

Project and Resource Center don't display lists on a workstation
Hi, I have one workstation that gets this message and no lists when anyone logs into it and tries to access Project Center or Resource Center: Project Center cannot access the project(s) you are trying to view. It is most likely that you either don't have permissions to view the project, another user has deleted this project(s) before you were able to view it or that another user is in the process of publishing the project. The person that uses the workstation can log into mine and see both the Resource and Project Centers so it doesn't appear to be a permission prob...

PowerPoint 2003 can't view outline view
So we have a user who likes to use the outline view on the left side of the slide instead of the thumbnails. Anybody know why we can't view the text when we click on outline from slide? The only thing you see is the red squiggle mark if there is a mispelling. I tried many things: maybe it's white font, maybe is size 1 font, even switched her print drivers. Did a detect and repair. Any suggestions? I hope the same document and I see the text. It's happening to all her Powerpoints not just one particular document. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. T...

CPU/Ram Usage by mailbox/user/connection
There MUST be a way in Exchange to get the following information: How can I tell what mailbox/user/connection is generating the load on our mail server? Thanks. Rob- I can't say that I've ever seen such a perf counter. -- --Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us www.briandesmond.com "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FA292AE-371F-41E8-8CD9-89502173347A@microsoft.com... > There MUST be a way in Exchange to get the following information: > > How can I tell what mailbox/user/connection is generating the...

View Emails without password
Hello I would like to know if there is a way to not be able to view emails without password. Let me explain. Even if I cancel during the presentation of the login password, the messages are visible. This is not the safest. In what way do you think it is not safe? The initial sign-in is only for enabling the optional Windows Live = features. If your computer has multiple users, log out of your profile (Winkey+L)=20 when you finish using the computer. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "krist52"...

Draft View Text Settings ?
Arial text in Windows Live Mail incorrectly displays as Times - anyone know how to change it so that it displays the correct typeface (Arial) ? I can't find anything relevant in WLM 'help' TIA Regards, Dave. Are you using Stationery? -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "David Purdy" wrote in message news:uHV5ErCGLHA.5472@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... Arial text in Windows Live Mail incorrectly displays as Times - anyone know how to change it so that it displays the correct typeface (Arial) ? I can't find anything relevant in WLM '...

Add Column at Activity View
Hi I have the following situation: I want to show an attribut of a Activity Party in a phonecall view. But there's no way to add this attribute to the view. The strange thing is that I can see the "Entity" Activity Parties under Filter Options... so if we have a relationship from telephone to activity party shouldn't it be possible to add an attribut to my view? does anyone have a workaround for this one? Thank you. Regards, Pascal ...

Listview, Tile View, Groups and overlapping
I have a listview using XP Groups style in either Tile or icon view. When there are 1, 3 or 4 items in the listview the items and groups display correctly. When there are 2 items the control reverts to left alignment for those group items so that the 2nd item appears below the first rather than to the right of it, while the groups assume they items are aligned to the top. This 2nd item then overlaps the next group heading and items An image of the problem is here: http://www.primaviola.net/fault.jpg Any help much appreciated. ...