BCWP always equal to ACWP

okay, I'm going nuts with this one.  BCWP is always equal to ACWP.  Everytime
I enter the %complete, it loads the actual work values into the resource
usage table.  Actual work comes to me from the CAM, which is off the labor
reports.  I need to load this into the actual work field, on a per week
basis.  When I do that, the work field gets updated and BCWP still equals
ACWP.  How do I tell this thing to stop spreading the work?
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Chris_J_S,

Have you tried entering the Actual Work into either the Task
Usage or Resource usage view?  The right hand side can be
configured to show Actual Work -- you can have much greater
control over where the work gets spread.

I hope this helps.  Let us know how you get along.

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
information about Microsoft Project

On 5/21/2010 4:29 PM, Chris_J_S wrote:
> okay, I'm going nuts with this one.  BCWP is always equal to ACWP.  Everytime
> I enter the %complete, it loads the actual work values into the resource
> usage table.  Actual work comes to me from the CAM, which is off the labor
> reports.  I need to load this into the actual work field, on a per week
> basis.  When I do that, the work field gets updated and BCWP still equals
> ACWP.  How do I tell this thing to stop spreading the work?
0
JulieS

WLM Status always offline
I am using WLM Messenger and it logs in automatically as windows starts. However, it always shows my status as "Always Offline", unless I manually change it to "Available". Is there a way to set it so as it logs on as available? Keith French 1. Double click the WLM Icon on the Taskbar. 2. Under FILE> Sign-out> Now change the Status to Available> and then Sign-In Again. 3. You should sign-in with the Status you have selected, from now on. -- Add MS to your News Reader: news://msnews.microsoft.com Rich/rerat (RRR News) <message rule> &l...

Reply to All includes my address always, Annoying!
How in the heck do you make outlook email not include your email address when you do an reply all. I've looked everywhere. I'm sure it shouldn't be that hard. Everytime I reply I have to erase my email address out of the reply bar or I get the email I just sent. Office XP, Thanks. ...

Compact and repair always creates a new file
When ever I do a compact and repair on a database a new file is created. The file is named db1. and each time I compact and repair a new file is created called db2 and so on. I end up witg db1, db2, db3, db4 and son on in my folder. Any ideas? Something is interfering with the normal compact and repair process. Access first creates a new database named something like DB1.mdb. Then it imports everything from the original database into it and checks it for errors. Next it deletes the original database. After that Access copies the DB1.mdb with the original database's name. Lastly Acc...

I need to always Round UP if greater than zero at all. HOW?
I am in office 2007 Access DB - I have quantities that are greater than Zero but the Round function will round down to 0, if the number is not over .5 - how do I get it to ALWAYS round UP to the next nearest whole number even if it's .00001? Try this -- IIF(Int([YourField])<[YourField], Int([YourField])+1 , [YourField]) -- Build a little, test a little. "RP" wrote: > I am in office 2007 Access DB - > I have quantities that are greater than Zero but the Round function will > round down to 0, if the number is not over .5 - how do I get it to ...

Separating equal values
Using the large function I can generate a list of high to low values. example: In column E1 - E4 =LARGE(B1:B4,1) =LARGE(B1:B4,2) =LARGE(B1:B4,3) =LARGE(B1:B4,4) Next I have the names next to each value: In column D1- D4 =INDEX(A1:A4,MATCH(LARGE(B1:B4,1),B1:B4,FALSE),1) =INDEX(A1:A4,MATCH(LARGE(B1:B4,2),B1:B4,FALSE),1) =INDEX(A1:A4,MATCH(LARGE(B1:B4,3),B1:B4,FALSE),1) =INDEX(A1:A4,MATCH(LARGE(B1:B4,4),B1:B4,FALSE),1) So if my chart was: A B Alpha 10 Bravo 2 Charlie 6 Delta 8 The result would be: D ...

range equal zero then "x"
If I wanted to check to see if all cells in a range are blank how would I do that. I want to put an "x" in the formula cell if all cells in the range are zero. thank you very much! Jeff =IF(COUNTBLANK(Range)=ROWS(Range),"x","not blank") -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com "It is a good thing to follow the first law of holes; if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey "jzachar" <jzachar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE64CF49-BF03-4CE0-B4B5-98C52...

Can I force Palette to always start on the far right of my screen?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel For a variety of reasons, I close the Formatting Palette fairly often. When I open it again, it always shows up in the same place ... about 2/3 of the way across my screen. I then drag it to the right where I want it to be. <br><br>Is there any way to reset the default location? The Toolbox (which contains the Formatting Palette) should return to the last position when re-displayed... That _is_ the way to set its 'default' location. Before anything else, though, confirm that both Office &...

Form print problem
Hi I'm not if this is the right place to post this issue, but here we go: I have a database application, which when prompted prints out a detail section of a form. This has been working nicely in access 2000, in which the application has been developed. Now I have installed access 2003, and suddenly an empty blank page is printed before the actual page. In the design view under page setup I can see that the paper size is "Letter" - In access 2000, however, the paper size was set to "A4". I can't change the setting - it always reverts to "Letter". I ...

how to set a window "always on top" ?
I want my window to remain on top like a system modal dialog. I use : CreateWindow to create the window. Which style should i use to get the desired effect? Thanks thanks... "dva" <dva@nakorinthias.gr> wrote in message news:OANrPMupEHA.800@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Try > SetWindowPos ( &CWnd::wndTopMost, 0, 0, 0, 0, SWP_SHOWWINDOW | SWP_NOMOVE | > SWP_NOSIZE ); > > "Bredal Jensen" <Bredal.Jensen@mimosa.com> wrote in message > news:%234rRMHupEHA.2724@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > > > > I want my window to remain on top lik...

Outlook 2003 Rules and Alerts don't always run after hibernation
Here is how to reproduce the problem: 1. Run Outlook 2003 with correct Rules and Alerts setup. I can verify that new incoming specified email get forward to junk folder. 2. Hibernate the computer 3. Resume the computer. Outlook 2003 will show that there is network problem connecting to server due to network is not available at first around 10 seconds. After that, network connection is restored and Outlook 2003 gets all the email BUT without running Rules and Alerts to forward them to correct folder. This is very annoying to me. I have to manually re-run each Rules to forward emails. This probl...

I need to change from "=E7" to (equals the current value of E7)
I have a macro which is recording entries from several cells to to a table which will be used for a Run Chart. (see code below) In my Code, I use "=E7, =G7, =F36..." When all data is filled into my Cells I click a Form Button and the data is saved into the table. After the machining operation on my next part, I enter data into the same cells. But since I am using the "=Cell?" formula, the data is chaning in all the subsequent rows of my table. Is there a function for the "current value of a cell" (if I do a Special Paste, I have the option to pas...

HELP!!! Migrating to Exchange 2000 Exchange2k Setup always Fails! (REVISED)
I posted this before but here is a clearer explanation of what's going on. I have gone throught the procedure below 5 times now this is not a fluke. Please Help! I thought this would make things easier. This my test lab setup procedure from scratch. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?! 1) Clean install NT4 PDC SP6a (with underscore in domain name to simulate production enviorment) 2) Clean install of NT4 as Member Server SP6a 3) Clean install of Exchange 5.5 and SP4 using domains built in admin account to simulate production enviorment. 4) Build a few mailboxes and user accounts, I don...

After Office XP SP3 now the login name and password are always cleared
After installing SP3 for Office XP we lost the saving of the username and password, is there a way to make this save. I hope so because this SP3 is really a nightmare!! ...

Always open WE on flash insertion?
Hi All, XP-Pro-SP3 Is there was to tell the registry that whenever a USB flash drive is inserted, to only and always open Windows Explorer (WE) regardless of Autorun or any other file types (extensions) on the drive? Many thanks, -T In this group Todd wrote in message news:i3ehvq$njq$1@news.eternal-september.org > Hi All, > > XP-Pro-SP3 > > Is there was to tell the registry that whenever > a USB flash drive is inserted, to only and always > open Windows Explorer (WE) regardless of Autorun > or any other file types (extensions) on the drive? ...

tell XP to always use primary monitor?
I run dual monitors. Is there a way to tell Windows XP (SP3) to ALWAYS open new windows in the primary monitor? 50% of the time I only have my primary running. I usually forget to move windows (like browsers for example) over to the primary before closing them so Windows thinks that I want to open it up again in the other monitor. I know how to tell an app to open in the primary the next time around by restoring it in the primary and then closing it. That's not the problem. I'd like to tell windwos to NEVER open new instances of anything in the secondary monitor. I'...

Always on top dialog
Hi everyone, how can I make my dialog-based program always on top? Is there any setting Thanks in advance SetWindowPos(&hwndTopmost, 0,0,0,0, SWP_NOMOVE | SWP_NOSIZE); joe On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 21:07:01 -0700, Robson <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi everyone, how can I make my dialog-based program always on top? Is there any setting? >Thanks in advance Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm Well, I think he wants it always on top, not only when it is activated. Perha...

Sumif Format Equals
I have both dates and currency in the same column. How do I sum the column based on format of the cell? Specifically, how do I sumif only the cells containing currency? Hi, You could try this. This formula would work if the currency has been formatted via Format > Cells > Currency In cell L14, type =CELL("format",K14) and copy down till L150. This assumes that the first entry is in cell K14. Now in any blank cell, type =SUMIF(L14:L150,"C*",K14:K150) Please note that if any entry changes in range K14:K150, you will have to go to the formula ...

Combo box subform, don't always filter
I have a combo box that use to filter the records that are show on the sub form, however I would like to be able to show all the records. I have tried the following for the data source of the subform, but it doesn't display any records when I leave the box blank. SELECT Products.* FROM Products WHERE (((Products.Function)=IIf([Forms]![SuppliersFm]![functionCbo] Is Null,(Products.Function) Like "*",[Forms]![SuppliersFm]![functionCbo])) ORDER BY Products.Function, Products.RefNo; does anyone know a way of doing this or can see a flaw in my code? Many thanks Presumab...

Is there a way to always use the same font even if copying and pas
I am wanting to create a default form in which I will be creating similar documents with different information. I will be copying and pasting paragraphs from a different form with different fonts. Is there a way to always use the same font even if it is copied and pasted from a different form? I am looking for the same information on pictures as well. I would like to copy and paste them into publisher and they automatically are resized. There is the Painter tool. Look at help for its use. Try using "paste special" instead of simply paste. Or open the Office clipboard from edi...

Greater, equal to or less than question
I need to write a formula and I am little stuck with it. I have a requirement to write a formula which has to state the following.... Where "cell a1" is less than 16 then "less" where "cell a1" is greater that 16 BUT less than 32 then "50%" where "cell a1" is equal to or greater than 32 then "OK" Hope this is clear and hope someone can help me as I have been stuck with this fora while now. Plz help mag()() You've left out 2 possible conditions: =16 and an empty cell 0 If the cell is empty it will evaluate as 0...

Cells formated as text do not always display properly
I am using Office XP and Windows XP. I have formatted a column of cells as text and word wrap is checked, horizontal alignment is Left, Vertical alignment is Bottom. I use these cells to type a short narrative. The problem is some of the cells will not display properly, all they show is ######. The row height will expand to hold the text sometimes but not always but it will still only show ######## instead of the text I typed. If I change the cell type to General all the text is visible. This does not happed to evey cell, only some of them. I can type several rows of data with a narr...

Report footer values equal to subreport footer values
I have 3 crosstab subreports (BarChartData1, 2 & 3), each having a row of text boxes (Tot7 thru Tot67) in the report footer which display column totals generated through code in each report and each report is nested separately in the report footer of a main report. Now, included in the report footer of the main report, below the 3 subreports, are a 3 rows of textboxes, each row should be should be an exact representation of the 'totals' row in each subreport. Here's my problem...I tried setting up the control source for the very first textbox to =[BarChartData1].[Report]![Tot7]...

Does MFC always call the API?
I want to double check my understanding about how MFC works. From what I understand MFC always ultimately calls the API is this correct? yes, they internally cal the win32 apis. It's a wrapper library over win32. -- Vipin Aravind Microsoft - MVP "Peter Olcott" <olcott@att.net> wrote in message news:JiEAf.68923$QW2.68750@dukeread08... >I want to double check my understanding about how MFC works. From what I >understand MFC always ultimately calls the API is this correct? > I am not sure what you mean it *always" calls the API. Its written on top o...

HELP!: Can I force RED Category Items, to ALWAYS stay at top of Inbox
In an effort to keep organized, I would like to be able to make anything I mark in the "RED" category, always default to the top. Preferrably I would like to be able to do this, regardless of whatever the search results are, or if I simply click on a tab to sort something, it would keep my red categories at the top, so that they are always visible, as a reminder to complete that category item or task. I've looked everywhere, and can't seem to find a specific answer to this, other then some generic category sorting that seems to sku my inbox from its normal "...

sort equal groups of data
hi, i need a help in this, plz i got this list, id like to check the common fields (in 2 and 3 columns) like this, p.ex (so later, i could delete them, and keep and analize the other groups of data) LG-0060-0703 MT 6 LG-0060-0703 CX 6 LG-0060-0703 MT 1 LG-0060-1003 MT 6 LG-0060-1003 CX 6 LG-0060-1003 MT 1 LG-0060-1203 MT 6 LG-0060-1203 CX 6 LG-0060-1203 MT 1 LG-0060-2003 MT 6 LG-0060-2003 CX 6 LG-0060-2003 MT 1 LG-0060-3003 MT 6 LG-0060-3003 CX 6 LG-0060-3003 MT 1 LG-0060-4003 MT 6 LG-0060-4003 CX 6 LG-0060-4003 MT 1 LG-0100018 UN 1 i appreciate your help thanks Not certain what...