Are text fields >255 characters possible in Project?

I am using Project 2007.  I have explanatory fields I would like to enter
into my Project Plan.  Many of those are longer than 255 characters.  Is
there a way to have a field for text larger than 255 char?
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

No.  You will need to use the NOTES field.  Double click on the task, pull
the Notes tab and type there.

As an FYI, the Notes field will not show 100% of its contents if you insert
the Notes column.  What it will show is the smaller of:
1. The first 255 characters
2. Up to the first carriage return.

Although 100% of the data is still there, it will not show it as a column.
To view the entire contents you have to double click and view the Notes tab.

The nice part about the Notes tab is that you are essnetially creating an
rtf document so it is very free form
--
If this post was helpful, please consider rating it.

Jim Aksel, MVP

Check out my blog for more information:
http://www.msprojectblog.com

"mjmiller" wrote:

> I am using Project 2007.  I have explanatory fields I would like to enter
> into my Project Plan.  Many of those are longer than 255 characters.  Is
> there a way to have a field for text larger than 255 char?

Make Bit field control value of float field
Hi. I've made bit field with the default options of yes and no: new_Q1 Then i've made a field to collect a amount of points, incase the bit is set to yes: new_Q1p. If i select the format of the bit value to "list" my script works fine. If I select "check box", it does not work. Can any one help me modyfi the script to work with the check box? Thanks Regards, Jacob Mondrup This is the script I use: ______________________________________________________________________________ var point = 0; var get_status = parseInt(crmForm.all.new_q1.DataValue); switch (get...

Automaticaly put in the / in a date field
I want my users to input a date in the format dd/mm/yy I know some of them will mis out the separators and enter for example 140301 for the 14th March 2001, but Excel changes the date to something totally different. How can I create a mask (like in Access) so the separators are already displayed in the cell? For example the cell would look like / / and when the date is input it automatically jumps over the separator. You could use a worksheet event that changes the entry to a date. Chip Pearson has some code at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm Keith wrote: > ...

Fixed Asset Projection or Depreciation
We're trying to do a Fixed Asset Projection but it doesn't appear to do anything. It goes through the process and says it's completed but when we print the report - nothing. We've even tried Depreciating and but it's not depreciating. We've got the Fiscal Year and Quarters built. Things have been depreciated through year-end but won't depreciation or project for the new year. What are we missing? Elaine - Did you ever get an answer on this one...? Thanks, Moreen "Elaine" wrote: > We're trying to do a Fixed Asset Projection but it doesn&...

Is this possible with my chart?
Hi I have posted a screen shot of my chart here - http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs35&d=05260&f=chart.jpg I would like to know if it is possible with the chart to change the turquoise line named Digester feed mean % DS to work with the scatter chart using the secondary axis already in place as a bar mixed scatter chart? I really appreciate your comments i think the chart would look great like this. Many Thanks Rob - p.s if the image doesnt load right click and choose show picture then it should load. As suggested in Programming, did you right click on the series and change the cha...

import text file
I would like to import a text file in to my table. Is it possible to use append query? If yes, how can I specify the field name in to my table? If not, are there any solution for this? Your information is great appreciated, iccsi wrote: > I would like to import a text file in to my table. > Is it possible to use append query? > If yes, how can I specify the field name in to my table? > If not, are there any solution for this? > Since there are variations in the method an location of the import utility as well as a couple ways to do it, I would suggest you p...

Outlook 2003 does not export all fields to any of the selected file formats
Outlook 2003 does not export all fields, it is missing the date and time field for messages. If there is a way please let me know. For what purpose are you exporting your .pst items? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Great Eyes asked: | Outlook 2003 does not export all fields, it is missing the date and | time field for messages. | If there is a way please let me know. "...

"Private" as Default Calendar Item Setting possible?
I want to force my Outlook2000 to mark every new calendar entry as "private". Until yet I did not find any solution - anybody who can help me? Thank you! You will need to do this manually - there is no option to mark everything private by default in Outlook 2000. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Gerd asked: | I want to force my Outlook2000 to mark every new calendar...

Inserting an Oval image from Photoshop and text wrapping in Publisher
I have created an oval from a picture in Photoshop. The problem is that it exists on a transparent layer that is rectangular. I want to be able to take the image and insert it in a Publisher layout and have text flow around the oval. But it can't because it see's the edges of the transparent layer as the edge of a picture and wraps around the layers edge. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can crop the transparent layer off of the oval.... or perhaps some other way to insert it into Publisher so I can wrap around the oval?? I am using Photoshop CS and Publisher 2003 Thanks ...

Input box replace text in textbox
How can I modify the macro below with input box code to replace "2008" by "2009" using an input box - so that i can replace "2008" by "2010" more easily if required - thxs Sub masschange() Dim ws As Worksheet Dim longstr As String Dim i As Long For Each ws In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets For Each shp In ws.Shapes 'shp.Select If shp.Type = msoOLEControlObject Then If TypeOf shp.OLEFormat.Object.Object Is MSForms.TextBox Then If shp.Type = msoOLEControlObject Then If TypeOf shp.OLEFormat.Obje...

Ability to enter multiple meter readings per day in field service.
Would like to have the abiltiy to enter multiple meter reading per day in fields service instead of being limited to just one entry per day. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-u...

Multiple Hotmail accounts in Outlook02 : possible?
I tried a search on this without any luck... ::I've been trying to add a couple more hotmail accounts to b synchronised in outlook2002, but it can't access them.:: I've currently got my hotmail account, which works in Outlook, and POP3 account which also works. When I try to add my wife's hotmail account or a second hotmail accoun of my own (which can both be accessed from internet explorer without problem)outlook cannot recognise them. I had this problem with Outloo Express as well. I think I have all the settings configured correctly, (like SPA is NO ticked in the acc...

Email 'From' field showing email address and not full name?
I've looked everywhere and can't find anything on this issue. I'm running Exchange 2003 on a Server 2000 box. When we email to outside servers (yahoo, gmail, etc) the from field shows the user's email address (eg: bob@microsoft.com) instead of their name (eg: Bob Jones). I've verified that the Display Name, Alias, and Simple Display Name fields in exchange all have the user's First and Last name. Any ideas, I'm stumped. Thanks, Chris Yes that's a hard one to find. In ESM go into Global Settings and click Internet Message Formats. Then in the right pane, rig...

Crosstab Row Heading Issues
Hi, I have Access 2003 and when I do a cross tab I cannot bring in more than 3 field values for row headings - my coworker (who has Access 97) can bring in >3 row headings. Is this a paremter setting in Access 2003? Thanks, Mike I believe that the Wizard can't handle more than 3; however, you can do more with SQL. Try creating a crosstab with the three headings, them modifying it at SQL level to add more. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "mike" wrote: > Hi, > > I have Access 2003 and...

S.O.S. Need Assistance ~ Is this one possible & how?
I'm trying to create a formula in a range that basically equals designated percentage which will be used to graph a chart on a separat worksheet. The example would be: if a date text is entered into the range, an once that is populated that particular filled in range will then equa 10% (the date text shows in the range not the percentage) Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com FIGURED IT OUT...IT WORK -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Text over graphic
Is there a way to auto change text color when placed over graphic of the same color? If you select a text color when you start your typing, all the text will be that color. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EF658BD-756A-409E-8F7B-9A9611BEF323@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to auto change text color when placed over graphic of the same > color? ...

Text box
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I am trying to print text that is in a text box but only the boarder of the box prints out. The text is visible in the normal view and in the print preview. First confirm that both Office & OS X are fully updated. Then check in Word> Preferences> Print to make sure that the boxes are checked for both "Drawing objects" & "Print background colors & images". Equally important: You should also have a look at the printer mfr's web site to see if you have the most current driver for you...

how can i change the derection of text in excel
plz help me quickly Good Afternoon, Right click a cell containing text, choose Format Cells... Select the Alignment Tab and adjust the direction of the text. Kind regards, James --- jamotarpey[at]gmail[dot]com m usman weince wrote: >plz help me quickly -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200912/1 Tools>>Options>>Edit>>Move Selection After Enter>>Direction>> Change it to your desired direction and give ok Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps! -------------------- (Ms-Exl-...

formatting: highlighting, wrap text, etc.
Hi, I have used Excel for years and in the past couple of days I have not been able to highlight any fields, cannot format an entire document, i.e., Ariel 10 pt I have tried on-line help and can't figure out how to resolve. I have even opened new workbooks and continue to have the same problem HELP!!!!!!!!!! thanks. A few ideas. Check all Excel Tools/Options. Check Windows Display options. Faulty keyboard. Faulty mouse. Scroll lock on. Faulty monitor/screen display settings. Installed/amended any software recently ? Start/Run... Type excel.exe /regserver .... Enter --- Message post...

Convert text numbers to number format
I have received a file that has a date column. However, the column is reading as text. I need to change the column so that the date reads as a number format. Any ideas? -- montagu ------------------------------------------------------------------------ montagu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15227 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=314927 Right click and reformat as you want then click on cell and press F2 an enter to refresh data that should do the tric -- scottymellot --------------------------------------...

Recognising Text in VBasic
Can anyone tell me how I would get the text in a textbox to b recognised? I am trying to make a "word-scramble" type game in exce and I need to know what I have to put after the- If TextBox1 = ImmobileLobster statement, or if that is what I have to put at all. Please help me...I am desperately in need of assistance!!!:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Do you mean If Textbox1.Text = "ImmobileLobster" Then '... -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address...

Javascript to retrieve Gridview cell text
This is a Label in ItemTemplate i wish to use javascript to put <%# Eval("Organization") %> in a textbox How can i take the text value of <%# Eval("Organization") %>? put this - onmousedown="alert(<%# Eval("�ӽо��c") %>)" ??? thanks for any ideas? *********************** <asp:Label ID="Label11" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("Organization") %>' ></asp:Label> &nbsp;<asp:Label ID="Label2" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("Depart...

How to Add Columns to "Blank" MS Project?
Is there a way to add columns to "Blank" project that comes up when I click on File/New? I want to always have Text1, Text2, etc with the names Renamed on every Project file I open. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01CAC558.64747C70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi TKGerdie, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :-) The best way is to set up a project as you want it and then save it as a = template. Please see FAQ Item: 8. New Project Template. ...

How can I embed a font in an Excel text box?

Project Accounting #5
Can anyone suggest a good "Getting Started" guide or "How To" book for Dynamics GP Project Accounting. -- Dave Hoisch dhoisch@gmail.com There are training manuals you can get through your partner. There might be an eCourse for Project Accounting, too. Other than those options, the user guides that ship with GP are the only PA books I know exist. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Dave" wrote: > Can anyone suggest a good "Getting Started" guide or "How To" book for > Dynamics GP Project Accounting. > -- > Dave Hoisch > dhoisc...

totals do not display unless user clicks on text box
I am relatively new to access. I am using access 2007 to create a report that contains subtotals. When the report is displayed on the screen the subtotals are blank. When the user clicks on the subtotal text box then the value appears. The user has to click on each subtotal in order to make the value appear. Has anyone experience this problem? Is there a workaround or solution? Thanks Normally a sub-total in a report is achieved by means of an unbound text box in a group footer with a ControlSource property which is an expression summing a set of values from the detail sect...