Alerts in PS 2007

I need to generate an Alert to the employee who didn't submit the Timesheet
by the certain time. Next step - send Alert to the manager.

Any ideas?

Appreciate your help
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Best to re-post this in the newsgroup dedicated to Project Server:
microsoft.public.project.server.

--rms

www.rmschneider.com

On 04/03/10 15:07, laguna wrote:
> I need to generate an Alert to the employee who didn't submit the Timesheet
> by the certain time. Next step - send Alert to the manager.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Appreciate your help
0
Rob
3/4/2010 5:34:08 PM
Thank u, Rob

How to delete unwanted postings? and why "Notify me" feature doesn't work as
well as including all groups through Advanced options?

"Rob Schneider" wrote:

> Best to re-post this in the newsgroup dedicated to Project Server:
> microsoft.public.project.server.
>

> --rms
>
> www.rmschneider.com
>

> On 04/03/10 15:07, laguna wrote:
> > I need to generate an Alert to the employee who didn't submit the Timesheet
> > by the certain time. Next step - send Alert to the manager.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Appreciate your help
> .

When I want to delete a posting, I select it and press the delete key.
BUT, but the big difference is I'm using a real newsgroup reader
(Mozilla Thunderbird) and your using some web site as a front it to the
newsgroup network.

And even though I *can* delete a posting, the fact is that once sent a
posting will radiate through the entire network of newsgroup servers
that exist throughout the world.  That posting probably will go to
untold thousands (millions?) of servers/machines around the world and
will not respond to my meager request to "please delete me" even though
on my PC I have the peace of mind to see that the posting has vanished.
But it does not vanish and lives on in many places.

Your use of the newsgroup network is via that web server you use.  I
don't know what that it is.  Anybody can provide a front end to the
newsgroup network.  You are using one of those front ends and it
apparently has bugs (won't notify you even though it says it will).
Contact the people who run this web site and ask them to fix the bug.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet for the original of the
newsgroup network (called Usenet).

--rms

www.rmschneider.com

On 04/03/10 19:18, laguna wrote:
> Thank u, Rob
>
> How to delete unwanted postings? and why "Notify me" feature doesn't work as
> well as including all groups through Advanced options?
>
> "Rob Schneider" wrote:
>
>> Best to re-post this in the newsgroup dedicated to Project Server:
>> microsoft.public.project.server.
>>

>> --rms
>>
>> www.rmschneider.com
>>

>> On 04/03/10 15:07, laguna wrote:
>>> I need to generate an Alert to the employee who didn't submit the Timesheet
>>> by the certain time. Next step - send Alert to the manager.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Appreciate your help
>> .

0
Rob

Show All Groups in 2007
I've looked for this setting, but can't seem to find it -- or, maybe it's not available (which would totally surprise me) -- is there a way to always "Show All Groups" in Access 2007 as opposed to having to right click on the navigation pane and activate all the time? I prefer to see all my objects at once. Thanks for any help. Yes: the top of the Nav Pane has a drop-down. Choose: All Objects. To see them sorted like previous versions, right-click on the top of the Nav Pane, and choose: Category | Object Type -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, W...

Outlook 2007 256 Color Mode
Just returned home from a business trip, opened up my Outlook 2007 and it was UGLY! Looks like its running on 256 color mode or something. Running on Microsoft Vista / Office 2007 / Dell GX620 pc. It was working before I left. Not sure what cause or solution is. Tried doing a Office Repair...no affect. HELP! If you have a solution, please e-mail me at mcsims@gmail.com as I may loose this site location. Thanks...Michael Is it ONLY Outlook that looks that way? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com <mcsims@gmail.com> wrote in message ...

access 2007 and custom toolbars in earlier version
Is there a way in Access 2007 (Enterprise) to modify a custom toolbar created in say Access 2002? In the help there are only topics about the quick access toolbar. I want to modify the action of a button, but right clicking and choosing customize, like used to be so easy (once you get used to it), is no longer possible. Does that mean no more custom toolbars and no backward compatibilty here? Help would be very welcome as the user friendliness of my user's experience is at stake here. ...

Messages stuck in Outbox + Heavy CPU load Outlook 2007
Hi, I am using Outlook 2007 with Windows Vista Ultimate. I have a very annoying problem. On a random messages, Outlook "decides" that a certain message will not leave the outbox whatsoever, even if I will write the same message again and again. It happens usually with attachments (usually small ones) but not always. This is what is happening usually: I am writing the message as usual, and trying to send it. In the lower corner, Outlook informs that send/receive was completed successfully but the message remains in the outbox, and somehow blinks a little (if I can describe it ...

I can't run My outlook 2007 as its capacity is exceeded. How can .
My outlook 2007 has exceeded is maximum capacity two days ago and since then I can't run it since I am always getting a system comment saying that I need to empty folders to have it back - which I did inquite a large number os them. Now I would like to know how can I overcome this situation since, as I said, I have emptied quite a lot of folders and no result was obtainesd so far. Kindly help me with your advices. the soonest if possible Thanks Graça Maria Portugal There is no such thing as Maximum Capacity in outlook. How many emails a day do you receive? ...

How can I prioritize tasks by number in Outlook 2007?
I am trying to create a custom priority for my tasks in Outlook 2007, but I'm not able to edit the field that was created when I changed the settings to include a custom priority. I'm trying to put a number into it, so that I can sort my tasks in a certain category by number, but I'm not able to. We aren't watching you and your explanation is missing details. Where in Outlook are you trying to view the Tasks? There are 3 places to see Tasks. If in the Task Folder, what View are you in? If in Tasks folder you probably need to turn on in-line editing. Regards Judy Gle...

Money 2007 H & B + Windows Vista
Hello, I have read a lot about problems with installing and using Money (2007) on machines running Windows Vista. Is there some kind of "manual" how to go about the install procedure? A manual that describes where to have the program installed installed and where to keep the data? And a manual that describes how to keep the rights as an administrator as you would normally have under windows XP? And maybe there are some other issues that I haven't thought about. Thanks, Eric "Eric" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:468fe69d$0$37724$5fc3050@dre...

Excel 2007. How do I get un-installed add-ins off the toolbar?
I have 2 Large Icons on the ribbon/toolbar of Excel 2007. These are Omnipage and s-force. Both of these have been uninstalled and I have de-activated both add-ins. How do I get these off the toolbar forever? thanks ...

Transaction error in Money 2007
Since TAXCUT is out and Money is free with it (Staples), I purchased and upgraded from 06 to 07. My first download resulted in a transaction on my Fidelity account that listed the sale of one mutual fund and the purchase of another. Following the prompts I accepted each transaction but received the following error: An error occurred but Money was unable to retrieve and display details about what happened. (Resource = rcmpiad. Error = 4061.) I have tried deleting the transaction but it continually says 1 transaction to read. I have run salvage and it claimed to fix some on-line issue...

Rich Text formatting in Access 2007
In Access 2007, is it possible to add rich text formatting to text in a memo field (or mixed formatting within any text field). I have just upgraded to the new version of Access, and it appears that this feature still has not been added. Is this correct? (If so, why?) If it is not possible to format individual words within a field in Access, , is there a simple, free add-in that will enable Access to do this kind of basic formatting, such as adding italic, bold, and underlining? Thanks very much for any information you may have. Bob Rich Text format for Memos in: Tables - Look in t...

VBA Help in Access 2007
When looking through the Help engine, either local or online, I get blank pages when I look at many detail pages in the Help file. For example, when looking at most all web pages in ADO (Section I: ActiveX Data Objects (ADO), there's one title line and no detail. Is that planned behavior (no data) or is there some setting or site to find information? I'm specifically looking for handling records in a table (read, process, summarize). Thanks Terryomsn =?Utf-8?B?VGVycnk=?= <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:04199121-0746-4A15-B201-03F13827D29C@microso...

Editing Password protected form fields in Word 2007
We have created a Word document with a legacy text form field. We inserted a word date field and protected the document allowing Filling in Forms. After protecting the document when we try going to the form field and clicking on back space to delete the entry we get "This is not a valid selection" message box. We have existing word documents in 2003 with similar form fields. We were able to delete the entries and add new data. After converting the documents to 2007 or create new documents in 2007 and try to delete the entries we get the above error. Hi Veera, ...

automatically get an alert when someone adds an event to public Calendar?
Is there a way to automatically get an alert when someone adds an event to a public Calendar? Having the person who added the event send me an invite is not an option, because they will not do this. (I am required to check the calendar to see if any events have been added.) I can't see a way to quickly see what new events have been added so I have to check the whole calendar. (Or is there a way to view events by the date they were added, not the date of the event?) TJ There should be some solutions for this at = http://www.slipstick.com/addins/notify.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook...

How to wireless sync WinMobile 6 with Outlook 2007?
Is there a way to sync WM phone with outlook, calendar, notes and tasks? I don't have an Exchange account, and would prefer not to use google calendar sync. (Running Vista Home Premium) My laptop calendar is always avail to my family and it would be great if the events I add to my phone calendar would automatically sync to the laptop at home. Thanks! Instal Active Sync on your PC http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/help/synchronize/device-synch.mspx "slw7228" <slw7228@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EF461EB-9CC2-49B5-A933-A94F1A2DB07A@micro...

error 1606 office 2007
When i want to reinstal/ remove/ install office 2007, i get the message: Error 1606.Could not access network location :. can somebody help me? > When i want to reinstal/ remove/ install office 2007, i get the message: > Error 1606.Could not access network location :. > > can somebody help me? This is the wrong newsgroup for such issues -- Mike GoTinker, C# Blog http://www.gotinker.com "Roy" <Roy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA257E02-AA9F-47C2-934F-FC4E30986616@microsoft.com... > When i want to reinstal/ remove/ ins...

Error message. I can receive but not send on outlook 2007
I have just installed office 2007 Professional onto Windows Vista. I am having problems with Outlook. At first i could not send or receive without getting the error 'This operation failed. An object cannot be found'. I deleted one (of two) personal folder links in the data files section of account settings and i'm now able to receive messages. However i still can't send emails. The send/receive reports that the connection is fine however when i draft a new email and press send, the error message 'This operation failed. An object cannot be found'. Please adv...

2007 Report Toolbars
I have a 2003 program that all forms and reports open to a full screen. I now have that program in 2007. It took a while but I figured out how to get the reports to open to a full screen. However, I can't get my custom toolbars to display with the reports. The functionality of the toolbar comes by way of a macro group. I set the Border Style to "Sizable," the Control Box to "Yes," and the Close Button to "Yes." I can use the On Close Event to perform a function, like returning to the form that opened it. I use the toolbars to offer the user se...

Color Scheme in Outlook 2007
Is there a way to change the theme / color scheme in Outlook 2007. When I installed it has defaulted to a light blue and yellow. Is there a way to change the colors being used in the app? Thanks, -Chris only to gray. it's done from word. From http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2006/up060525.htm#faq How can I change Outlook's colors? From the Office icon in the upper left corner of Word (replacing the File menu), choose Word Options, Personalize and switch color schemes. At this time there are only two colors to choose from - Windows XP blue and Vista slate gray. -- Diane Poremsky [...

In Word 2007, I want to enable tabbing between fields in my .docm
In Developer Mode, how can I set the properties of my fields to support tabbing from one field to another in my Word form? What kind of "fields" did you insert? If they're form fields from the Legacy Controls button, you have to turn off Design Mode and then protect the document for forms. Either click the Protect Document button and go through the Restrict Formatting pain/pane, or add the Lock command to your Quick Access Toolbar. If they're content controls (the other buttons in the Controls group), tabbing between controls other than a Rich Text control w...

Inserting text closing or begining salutations in Office 2007
hi. I am starting to get to grips with Office 2007. I like the program and it's changes, but I am struggling to find some of the items I used to use in the previous version. For instance, how do I add closing and opening salutations such as "yours sincerily" or "dear sir" etc that we used to be able to do in the version before this. I have looked, but can't sem to find it anywhere. I appreciate any help or pointers with this. Many thanks. ...

Can VISIO 2007 work on multiple pages of an org chart simultaneous
I created an org chart with over 100 pages using the Org Chart Wizard and Excel, I’m assigning colors to various shapes using the Data Graphic feature. To apply the colors I choose “Edit” then “select all” which selects all the shapes on the current sheet, then I select “Apply To Selected Shapes” from the Data Graphics pane, this works fine for the current sheet but is there a way to apply this to all the sheets at once. Thanks Mark, I've written a macro for you to try in my blog... See Applying Selected DataGraphic to the Whole Document - http://bvisual.spaces.live.com/...

Outlook 2007 problem #3
My father's email was spammed and he was blacklisted by his ISP. That problem has been resolved but I cannot get Outlook 2007 to re- establish the account on his computer. Each time when we try "Test account settings" he still gets the blacklisted error message. We tried disabling Norton's without success. I can create the account on my machine without any problem. Does anyone know how to clear whatever is stuck in his Outlook to reset the account back to square one? Thanks Remove the account settings and start a NEW account with the correct settings. You may say that...

Alert Message for 3rd Party Product
Hi all, In order to show an error message for a Third party product, I have added error message to the ALERT3RD table with message number greater than 100000.Wwhen I invoke procedure the window is shown with OK and More Info Button overlapped. How I can go ahead so that the overlapped can be removed, whether this is the case for all Third Party products. Please help me in acheving this. Regards Vishy ...

Pop up resizing issues
My company recently installed Office 2007 on all computers. I have a database that includes some forms that are pop up controlled with set sizes. These worked fine in old version of access, but with 2007 the pop up form open as a small box (centered on the screen) but just not much bigger than the standard minimize/maximize/close buttons in the corner of each pop up. My forms were set to non-sizable borders (thin), so when these pop up small really nothing can be done for users of the database. Changing the borders to sizable is a temp fix, but i would really like the pop ups to ope...

Visio 2007, Vista 64, VISIO.EXE 32 stays loaded, 100% CPU #2
Whenever I run Visio 2007 under Vista 64, it starts a process, VISIO.EXE 32 which takes about 50% of the CPU. Sometimes it starts two copies and then it takes 100%. I used this visio under XP and it did not do this. I have all the MS patches in as well as everything from Lenovo for the Thinkpad. It is running Core 2 Duo with 3 Gig of ram. ------=_NextPart_0001_2E49E378 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit It's likely that your issue is related to an add-in that does not shut down properly. There is an article on this topic in the KB. 937997 Visio 2007 crashes,...