A Customized View in Microsoft Project Professional 2003 on the EP

Dear Sir or Madam,

In our company, we use MSP 2003 in a EPM. Planners customize a specific
view(table and screen) and whenever they connect to the server, they want to
have their own view(for instance, name, start, duration, baseline start...and
on the screen comparison between plan and baseline bars and so on).

I tried to develop a new table and then a new view and set it as a default
view, but this is not the ultimate solution; since I want to have customized
bar chart always and old projects get open in the old format.

Could you please give me a hand?

Regards

Saeed

project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Saeed --

Open any production project in Read-Only mode.  In this project, create a
new Table with the columns your planners want to see.  Make a copy of the
Tracking Gantt view, give it an original name such as _Planners View, and
select the new Table you created as the Table used in this custom View.

Open the Enterprise Global file.  Click Tools - Organizer.  In the pick list
in the lower left corner of the dialog, select the project that is open in
Read-Only mode.  Select the new custom View on the left side and copy it to
the right side (to the Enterprise Global file).  Click the Tables tab and
copy the new Table from the left side to the right side.  Click the Close
button.

Save and close the Enterprise Global file.  Close the Read-Only project
without saving it.  Exit and relaunch Microsoft Project 2003.  Click Tools -
Options - View.  Select the new custom View as the default View and then
click the OK button.  Tell your planners to click Tools - Options - View and
select the new custom View as their default view in the Options dialog as
well.

Hope this helps.

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]
VP of Educational Services

"Saeed" <Saeed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear Sir or Madam,
>
> In our company, we use MSP 2003 in a EPM. Planners customize a specific
> view(table and screen) and whenever they connect to the server, they want
> have their own view(for instance, name, start, duration, baseline
> start...and
> on the screen comparison between plan and baseline bars and so on).
>
> I tried to develop a new table and then a new view and set it as a default
> view, but this is not the ultimate solution; since I want to have
> customized
> bar chart always and old projects get open in the old format.
>
> Could you please give me a hand?
>
> Regards
>
> Saeed

0
Dale

turn off automatic hyperlink Publisher 2003
How do I avoid automatic formatting of e-mail addresses to stupid blue type with stupid underlining? High-light the email, Insert, Hyperlink, Remove Link. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E198309-1F6A-46F2-94A5-C12D64C7452E@microsoft.com... > How do I avoid automatic formatting of e-mail addresses to stupid blue type > with stupid underlining? Or you could change your color scheme to a custom color scheme, and change the hyperlink (and followed hyperlink) color to match your ...

sendkeys action requires utility add in access 2003
I Know that this has been asked before. My question is why it will not pop up on one computer but will on another. The same actions being performed. Any input will be helpful. Thanks Craig "Craig" <Craig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A3A76CB-9556-4B9D-B85E-39F13771D0C8@microsoft.com... >I Know that this has been asked before. My question is why it will not >pop > up on one computer but will on another. The same actions being performed. > Any input will be helpful. > > Thanks Craig You'll have to give a few more details a...

I cant view my publisher page choice fromt and back
I am using Publisher 2000. I have used it for four years, quite successfully. I opened one of my two page (front & back) reports to reprint it, and i cant find the page choice blocks (not in my view) that are normally down on the lower left part of the main page. I am unable to edit the second page, but when I print, it prints both front and back. I checked my other reports, and the page choice is not visable in any of the reports. Help view...toolbars...status bar -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com &q...

Outlook 2003
Is there a way to lock Outlook down, so that only the email features are available to users? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

EXCHANGE 2003 and VISA Ultimate
I am having an issue running Exchange connected to a VISTA machine and wondering if anyone can guide me on this. I have three servers in my network, one running the server files and SQL, one running Exchange and one running backups. All are 2003 Enterprise. My desktop is running VISTA Ultimate, and to date have had no issues that could to be handled. Today, however, while I am still receiving email I cannot send anything through OUTLOOK 2007 with getting a message saying that I am not authorized to send mail. This has been working fine to date, so a little confused as to what is happen...

2003 wont send new mail from default account
I am running Office Pro 2003 SP1 I have read several postings and accept that Outlook will reply to mails via the account the was received from. However, i have added a new account and set it as default, but mail still gets sent from my other account. This even happens when i select the account from within the new mail... the message says 'This message will be sent via mail.mydefaultdomain.com'.. but its actually gets sent via the non default account.. How do i sort this as it is really annoying.. On 19 Jan 2005 14:44:35 -0800, Winshent wrote: > I am running Office Pro 2003 SP1...

Can't delete additional "Personel Folders Outlook 2003
I followed a backup procedure form MS Office site that said to check the resulting PST file by opening in Outlook. I did it twice. Well, it created two other "Personal Folder" at the bottom of the Mail/All Mail Folders pane that I cannot delete. I moved or deleted the two backed up PST files so there is no data for the folders to relate to. How can I get rid of these erroneous folders? Gary Create a new mail profile - yours is now corrupt. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here)...

Business Contact Manager 2003 Database Update
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3962C.16F7ECA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Dear All, I have what I believe a serious problem here. I have been using Outlook = 2003 with Business Contact Manager when it was in Beta 2 and even after = the Technical Refresh. Now, after both are released, I need to use the = BCM database that I have populated. The problem is that the database = cannot be backed up and then restored to the RTM BCM. It keeps telling = me that the version is differen...

moving Exchange 2003 mailboxes from multiple domains to one new do
My compnay has Exchange servers in three different domains. We have built a new domain and want to move all mailboxes into one exchange server in the new domain. We have let mailbox size get out of hand and some users have 2GB mailbox size. exporting old mailbox data to PST and importing into new exchange server is possible but would take forever (hundreds of users). any ideas how to streamline this process? or an alternate method of attack? On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 08:24:06 -0700, Kemper <Kemper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My compnay has Exchange servers in three different d...

Can I convert an Outlook 2000 PST to Outlook 2003
We have upgraded from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. Is there a fast way to convert my old PST files to Outlook 2003 so that they are not limited to 2 GB size? I don't want to have to go through all of the folders on 30 computers and drag one folder at a time from the old file to the new file. Thanks, Joe I have had pretty good luck importing. Of course, when you import, you = will no longer have access to any custom forms, views, or Rules Wizard = rules.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.h...

New MicroSoft OFFICE: mac user
Hi I've just loaded the program; am in the process of switching over my old word processing. 1) friends are having trouble "reading" my "doc" attachments 2) I cannot light up & drag & drop more than a page of text. This is my preferred method due to low skills levels in some of my friends. Doubtless, I'm doing something wrong. My question is: what am I screwing up? thanks DM In article <1c3f801c4524d$d5370a10$a501280a@phx.gbl>, "Dennis M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > I've just loaded the program; am...

Outlook Epxress 2003 (SBE)
Hi, This program keeps hanging on loading . Can anyone help me out ? Rohit rohit_chandni wrote: > This program keeps hanging on loading . Can anyone help me out ? > Rohit, Outlook or Outlook Express? -- f.h. Hi F.H, It is Outlook Express 2003 (Small Business Edition). Can you help me out on this ? Rgds, Rohit "F.H. Muffman" wrote: > rohit_chandni wrote: > > This program keeps hanging on loading . Can anyone help me out ? > > > > Rohit, > > Outlook or Outlook Express? > > -- > f.h. > > > Outlook Express is pa...

Accessing Custom fields (propery)
Hi everyone, Any one who can tell me how to access custom fields using the CRM web service? Thanlks, ...

Microsoft Update Agent fails to install
When I try to manualy update Vista basic it first wants me to update the Update Agent to ver. 7.4.7600.226. This update fails with error 8007005 and I can not do any system updates. Have searched this group and the entire web for answer to this problem for at least 4 hours without success. Any help wold be ppreciated... On Nov 15, 3:00=A0pm, MichaelY <michaely1...@gmail.com> wrote: > When I try to manualy update Vista basic it first wants me to update > the Update Agent to ver. 7.4.7600.226. This update fails with error > 8007005 and I can not do any system updates. ...

Install corrective pack from the Microsoft
--mciyogjcqpurvx Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="fyniylufsgjb"; type="multipart/alternative" --fyniylufsgjb Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="uozmjjbwbpme" --uozmjjbwbpme Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Client this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help ...

Exchange 2000/2003 Routing Problems
I recently added a new Exchange 2003 server to our 1 server Exchange 2000 org. I am able to send mail from the new Exchange 2003 server to the 2000 server. But when I send to the 2003 server the mail does not go delivered. I am assuming this is a routing issue. How can I troubleshoot this? Should each server be in a seperate routing group and use a routing group connector? They are currently i n the same routing group. Thanks, Forest In case anyone has this problem my STMP connector was setup to use a smart relay. I had to check the box that said attempt local delivery before using...

View -> Sized With Window (for Excel charts): I want it back, plea
While I appreciate that not every function survives from one version to the next, this is one I sorely miss ! I use Excel 2003 at work, and 2007 at home. I can stand the constant bleating about compatability. I can even (barely) tolerate the highlight colors not matching. But this? Why oh why was it removed? Can you at least recommend a macro / VBA script patch to reurn this functionality to the program ? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" b...

cannot customize outlook today #9
I have done what it says in the microsoft article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 but its not practical to keep changing the registry everytime you want to change outlook today, so i downloaded the update to protect the computer but when i try to run it it says you must have internet explorer 6 with SP1 installed which i do Does anyone have this problem or know how 2 fix it?? ...

Money 2007: Customize asset classes?
Is it possible to customize the pre-defined asset classes in Money 2007? I'd like to slice and dice my portfolio in more detail than just cash/bonds/large-med-small cap/other. For example I have various international and REIT funds in my account. I'd like to track these seperate instead of dumping them in Other.. Also, what about a blend fund that is 70% large, 20% med, 10% small, etc? Customize: No. For the purpose of asset allocation, there's a button labeled 'Change' on the investment details screen. There, you can divvy it up across the pre-determined catego...

View Customization Question
My director came to me the other day and asked about customizing his view of his accounts. He had two requests. I figured out the first one, but I'm having a little trouble figuring out if he can do the second one. When he opens up a single account, instead of it opening automatically to the Information section, he would like it to automatically open to the Contacts section. Help is much appreciated! Cammie You can make a new tab pn Account form (contact view and make it the first one on account form). Now you use Iframe . you can get idea from here http://icu-mscrm.blogspot....

Exch/Outlook 2003 Delegates
I have an Exchange 2003 Standard Server with Outlook 2003 clients. My users have noticed that they cannot properly assign delegates. They can choose delegates and assign the permissions normally, but when they quit and restart Outlook, the delegates are there but with "None" as their permissions. What might cause this? Hi Tim, Thank you for posting here. According to the information in your post, I suggest you use the following message to trouble shoot this issue: 1. New Outlook profile ============= Please create a new profile to isolate the issue. For the steps on how to cr...

Exchange 2003 gagging on mass mailing
There have been a couple of occasions when clients have not used distribution lists or bcc and stuffed hundreds of addresses in the To: field. When they send, I've noticed my XP desktop locking and my Outlook 2003 client "not responding" for a few seconds. Exchange is relaying all external mail through a local campus server. One instance resulted in the relay server rejecting based on a header size limit, but the latest instance was a text email with no attachments send to ~ 400 recipients. I have set a 500 recipient limit on the Exchange server and contacted the users a...

Incorrect printing of Visio 2003 drawings in Word 2003
I got the error described in KB 827865 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827865&Product=visio2003 with Visio 2003 and Word 2003, in Embedded Visio Objects as well as in placed .emf files or copy/pasted images using Enhanced Metafile format and all this while using just normal latin characters. I do already use current drivers and the problem appears when creating PDFs as well as when printing to a PostScript printer. Any help would be very much appreciated! Matthias Have you tried inserting them as Word Drawing objects? That works best for me. Randall Arnold ...

Outlook 2003 Bcm Cannot open outlook
Contact Manger has encountered a problem and need to be closed. Event Type:BCM P1:mapi P2: Typeinitializationexception P3: 1.0.2002.1 P4:11.0.8118 P5:nativemsproviderinit P6:msproviderinit P7:D40099TB Is there a fix for this error? Cortexmann wrote: > Contact Manger has encountered a problem and need to be closed. Event > Type:BCM P1:mapi P2: Typeinitializationexception P3: 1.0.2002.1 > P4:11.0.8118 P5:nativemsproviderinit P6:msproviderinit P7:D40099TB > Is there a fix for this error? Any changes to the system between when it worked and when it didn't work,...

Access 2002 vs Access 2003 10-19-07
I recently purchased the book, Access 2003 Inside Out only to find out the OfficePro XP uses Access 2002. Is any appreciable difference between A02 and A03? Thanks you Harold HaroldT <HaroldT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I recently purchased the book, Access 2003 Inside Out only to find out the >OfficePro XP uses Access 2002. Is any appreciable difference between A02 and >A03? Appreciable, no. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can read the entire thread of messages. Microsoft Access Links...