using session variables in project.aspx

Can anyone please help me implement a small change to project.aspx?  I want
to establish a session variable to avoid multiple signons for seperate
organizations who require a different look and feel to the product.

In effect, use the session variable to select which tabs are displayed, etc.

If the user has one affiliation, the session variable would default
accordingly, if they had a choice, it would hold the current selection for
the session until signoff.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chas

Chas:

If I understand you correctly, one way to do this is to Extend the Site onto
other sites, a standard SharePoint feature. If you're looking to create a
programmatic solution, you should be asking this question in the developer's
group.

--
Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP
msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com

"Chas Roberts" <ChasRoberts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone please help me implement a small change to project.aspx?  I
> want
> to establish a session variable to avoid multiple signons for seperate
> organizations who require a different look and feel to the product.
>
> In effect, use the session variable to select which tabs are displayed,
> etc.
>
> If the user has one affiliation, the session variable would default
> accordingly, if they had a choice, it would hold the current selection for
> the session until signoff.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Chas

0
Gary
2/25/2010 8:17:12 PM
Thanks, Gary - I did ask in the "developer" flavored thread.  I guess no one
has ever blazed this trail before.  What I want to do would be use the
session variable to determine whether or not to display a tab, based upon
organization.  This would allow the use of customer attributes by
organization, as well as look and feel.

I appreciate your input, though!

Chas

"Gary Chefetz" wrote:

> Chas:
>
> If I understand you correctly, one way to do this is to Extend the Site onto
> other sites, a standard SharePoint feature. If you're looking to create a
> programmatic solution, you should be asking this question in the developer's
> group.
>
> --
> Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP
> msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> FAQs and Reference http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> BLOG: http://projectserverhelp.com
>
> "Chas Roberts" <ChasRoberts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can anyone please help me implement a small change to project.aspx?  I
> > want
> > to establish a session variable to avoid multiple signons for seperate
> > organizations who require a different look and feel to the product.
> >
> > In effect, use the session variable to select which tabs are displayed,
> > etc.
> >
> > If the user has one affiliation, the session variable would default
> > accordingly, if they had a choice, it would hold the current selection for
> > the session until signoff.
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Chas

How do you get the attribute value using XPath in VB.Net 2003?
Hi, How do you get the attribute value using XPath in VB.Net 2003? Many thanks, aushknotes "aushknotes" <aushknotes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:508426F2-1C8A-4AD2-A52E-B80B9798AC0C@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > How do you get the attribute value using XPath in VB.Net 2003? > Prefix @ to the name of the attribute value. XmlAttribute attrib = (XmlAttribute)dom.selectSingleNode("/path/@attributeName"); -- Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET aushknotes wrote: > How do you get the attribute value using XPath in VB.Net 2003? ...

Data Validation using List (But needs unique list in drop down lis
Hi all, In sheet 1, column A is my title name while column B is person name. Sheet 1 is my database where i do data entry in this. In sheet 2, contains my query page. In cell A5, i uses data validation - list, on this cell. Say in sheet 1 : column A column B XXXXXXX Mr A YYYYYYYY Mr A ZZZZZZZZ Mr A AAAAAAA Mr B WWWWW Mr C DDDDDDD Mr C But In sheet 2, cell A5, I saw in the drop down list as follows: Mr A Mr A Mr A Mr B Mr C Mr C But i want to see this in cell A5 instead (Unique name that is) : Mr A Mr B Mr C ...

How to execute Stored Procedure from QSRules.Session object in .NE
Last time I accidently posted question under wrong subject.. My question is: I am building COM add-ins to POS with VB.NET I'd like to use QSRules.Session.Database to run stored procedure But I don't know how. Procedure has one input parameter and the other is output parameter. Can anyone know how I should do that? Thanks, Ene ...

Use CountIf for a literal string
I am trying to count the number of cells in a range that contain the string <0.1. I don't want the number of cells that contain numbers less than 0.1, I want the actual string. Is there an escape character for comparison operators like the tilde for wild cards? Thanks, Chad Try this... =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10="<0.1")) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "chadkwelch" <chadkwelch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73F17509-1C52-4935-A45D-66DCC63B20C6@microsoft.com... >I am trying to count the number of cells in a range that ...

Posting Date used in Revenue Expense Deferral
I have a PM Invoice with Document Date 16/11/2009 and Posting Date of 01/12/2009. Entered Deferral details starting 01/12/2009. In GL the deferral charges commence 01/12/2009 and are all as expected. The Credit entry for the full invoice is posted to GL with posting date of 01/12/2009. The problem I have is that the Debit entry for the full invoice amount is posted to the document date of 16/11/2009 and I want it to be the same as the invoice posting date (01/12/2009) Is there a way to do this? Thanks Audrey ...

Can't Send Messages Using Outlook Web Access & XP
Our users with Windows XP cannot send messages using OWA. I've read a few KB articles about some incompatabilities between XP and OWA, but none of the proposed fixes (using the "basic" rather than "premium" client, or changing the security settings in IE) seem to solve this last problem. When they click on "send", it generates an unspecified "error on page". The problem occurs using IE and Firefox, but just on XP machines. My Windows 2000 machine works fine using IE and even my Macintosh using Safari (gasp!) works. ...

How do I specify an address when using "ActiveDocument.SendMail"
Hi Here is my code: If Not IsNull(([Forms]![Process Bookings]![Booking Form].Form.Email)) Then Options.SendMailAttach = True objWord.ActiveDocument.SendMail How do I specify the recipients address? Stapes ...

Could very much use a Field List
I apologize if this is out there already, but it seems that at least a few field names changed from 1.2 to 1.3. Although I had downloaded a field list before, from here, I cannot even find that original post, let alone any more recent that might contain the correct field names. I need to do some custom SQL and would prefer not to reinvent the wheel. Thanks in advance very much to anyone who could help. Bud Izen Salem Oregon Do you have MS Access? Make a new project and attach to the database as your data source. You will be able to see all the tables and the field names. It has been ...

How to Print string (Windows Printer) using RMS QSRules.
A windows printer is set as a receipt printer for a register. I need to print strings to this printer using RMS QSRules. How can I do this? I tried using Register.ActivePrinter.PrintNormal(Station as Long,Data as String) but it won't work. By the way, what is Station in the parameter? ...

Adding a VCard to an e-mail using Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003.
Hello. I have a question. Does anyone here know how to add a VCard to an e-mail in Outlook 2000 as well as in Outlook 2003? I want to be able to do this after I click new and I have a new blank message on my screen. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. -- darylakagod Outlook provides no way to add a vCard .vcf file in this scenario. The built-in way to do it is to start with a contact, not a message, and choose Forward as vCard on the contact's Actions menu. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Admin...

Can there be variable size columns in one report?
I want to create a report that has 3 sub-reports of different column widths. Is this possible? -The 1st sub-report has 1 column that occupies the entire width of the page -The 2nd sub-report can fit 2 columns in the page width -The 3rd sub-report can fit 3 columns in the page width Subreports can have any number of columns that don't have to be the same from one to another. Typically your columns should display across then down in order to render properly as a subreport. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "SheldonHinds" wrote: > I want to create a r...

Can't use address book
I am not able to add contacts in my address book. I receive the error: You cannot create entries for this address book when I try to add a new entry. I use Office 2000, with full Outlook. I would like to have an address book again... I have uninstalled and reinstalled office 2000 - no change in the problem. You get this error in trying to create a new item in your contacts folder? (sounds like you are select tools | address book | highlight "outlook address book" and trying to create a new item. you can't create items in the "outlook address book". this f...

Monitoring directories using FindFirstChangeNotification
All, I would like to monitor a few different directories using FindFirstChangeNotification. I have successfully used it in the past to monitor one directory. All the directories I would like to monitor are on the root of a drive, but I do not want to monitor all the directories on the root. Example: the root of the T drive, T:\Dir1 T:\Dir2 T:\Test T:\source T:\Backup T:\Update How can I montor the T:\Test, T:\source, and T:\Backup at the same time using FindFirstChangeNotification? Thanks in advance. Hi, You need to use the following API's to monitor the changes in a specific ...

Using outlook for email and outlook express for newsgroups
Hi I had outlook set up for my email messages and outlook express set up for reading newsgroups - now when I go to the newsgroups oe is automatically checking for email messages and downloading them - this never happened before and I think the only thing different is that I have installed a broadband modem and am waiting on freeserve activating my account - could something have happened to change this, and if so how do I change it back. Thanks Sharon "Sharon" <sharon@nospam.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:c80adp$dva$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk... > Hi > > I ha...

Using a OR() like function in an IIF statement
Hello, I am trying to create an IIF statement to test if the first character in a field is a 1,2,8 or 9. Something like the following: IIf(Left([possible_SO_match],1)="1 or 2 or 8 or 9",[Possible_SO_Match],"No Match") Is there a way to create it without going to a 4 level nested IIF statement? Thanks, Kerry -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com kkulakow via AccessMonster.com wrote: > Hello, I am trying to create an IIF statement to test if the first > character in a field is a 1,2,8 or 9. > Something like the following: > > IIf(Left([possib...

Print dialog box using VBA in excel
Hi Everyone, I like to add a print button (that will select several worksheets and print them) in my excel worksheet. I have recorded my action using the macro recorder the problem is I can't select the printer everytime I run the macro it print in the background without asking the user to select the printer and uses the default printer. Can anyone help?? I just want the user to be able to select the desired printer every time before printing. My current code: Sub Print_All() Sheets(Array("Sheet 1", "Sheet 2", "Sheet 3", "Sheet 5)).Select 'intent...

Some stupid questions about edit the aspx file
Hi, I'm quite newbie about asp.net & other web application. I've heared that we can put some code in the CRM aspx file. For example, we can make OnChange event to the textbox in CRM & put some code in it. I know it is unsupported by microsoft, but I need to know how to do it. I've been searching this newsgroup & microsoft.public.crm, but I couldn't found any sample. My question is pretty simple (or stupid, I guess): I've looked in inetpub\wwwroot\SFA\quotes\edit.aspx, but I don't know what to do. My friend telling me that the code behind, is under som...

Using DAO instead of ADO
I have an Access 2000 database that was converted from Access 97. On one of my users computers, her system was re-installed with Access 2000, and the database has not worked correctly since that time. If I remember correctly, we had to set up the computers for these users to use DAO over ADO. It's been over two years since we did this, and (I hate to admit it - but) I've forgotten to how to set up the DAO to take precedence over ADO. Can someone please remind me? I thought it was part of the Add-ins, but when I go into Add-in Manger, I have NO add-ins available. I've checked i...

how do I "point" to another global.mpt file in MS Project 2007?
we created a number of filters and maps in Project 2003. Can I point my Project 2007 to that existing Global.mpt file referenced by Organizer? Hi, You can only select the Global.mpt when you startup Project. The surest method is to start Project by double-clicking the Global.mpt icon itself Proejct will tell you (twice!!) that you cannot open a Global.mpt but by replying OK twice Project is open with the right global. Another way, without useless warning messages is to open Project by double-clicking an .mpp file stored IN THE EXACT SAME FOLDER as the desired global. ...

How do a use a string as a param for a cmdlet when it contains opt
I have a script that cleans out old files, currently it is in this format write-host "\\sapecc01\Integration\SCC\Archive\* -Include *.txt" $a = Get-ChildItem \\sapecc01\Integration\SCC\Archive\* -Include *.txt foreach($x in $a) { $y = ((Get-Date) - $x.CreationTime).Days if ($y -gt 28 -and $x.PsISContainer -ne $True) {$x.Delete()} } #Keep DESADV for 28 days write-host "\\sapecc01\Integration\SCC\Archive\* -Include DESADV_*.xml" $a = Get-ChildItem \\sapecc01\Integration\SCC\Archive\* -Include DESADV_*.xml foreach($x in $a) ...

Microsoft Business Portal Project Time and Expense Software Compon
I'm interested in the time and expense functionality (called "Business Portal Project Time and Expense") that is described under "Dynamics GP" domain. However, I do not readily see the relationship between "Dynamics GP" and "Microsoft Business Portal Project Time and Expense." What Microsoft products do I need in order to reach my goal of operating "Business Portal Project Time and Expense"? Many thanks. In terms of what you need to purchase, the answer depends upon what you have an what licensing method you are using: The Time and...

very simple and useful, email password recovery tool
Outlook Password Recovery is a easy-to-use and wide compatiable tool, capable of instantly recovering email passwords for popular email clients, such as Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Incredimail, Eudora, etc. http://www.top-password.com/outlook-password-recovery.html -- johneou johneou wrote: > Outlook Password Recovery is a easy-to-use and wide compatiable tool, > capable of instantly recovering email passwords for popular email > clients, such as Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Incredimail, > Eudora, etc. > > http://www.top-password.com/outlook-pa...

Using Access database to "populate" Excel Sheets
Please help!!! I am willing to PAY anyone who can get this to run fo me. I have been trying for 5 days now trying to use a DBVlookup function t populate fields in Excel. I used examples from 4 different forums usin this function, but I cannot get any of them to work. I am somewhat ne to VBA so forgive me if I am not making sense in my questions. I have Excel Spreadsheet called "Account_Number". It is set up a follows: Column A is called "Account Number"..... Column B is called "Looked u description in Access". Account Number Description...

Fonts do not print in colur used when document created.
When I create a document in either Word ot Publisher the text is not always printed in the colour selected. This problem seems particular to Red & Blue. can any one help please. Peeter Have you tried some maintenance on your printer? Are you saving as a PDF? This problem has been reported using Microsoft's save as add-in. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Peter Piper" <PeterPiper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76737C66-2B07-42DF-BFC5-828A14CE135F@microsoft.com... > When I create a document in either Word ot Publisher t...

Windows XP Embedded Service Pack 2 is anyone using this?
Is this something we would be able to use with RMS? Or is this just for devices? I love the quick bootup. I use the WEPOS operating system successfully in a number of installations. Microsoft certified WEPOS with RMS when they introduced version 2.0. Kinnard Kinnard L. Kohler Retail Management Systems of Arkansas 300 South Rodney Parham Road Parham Place - Suite 1 Little Rock, AR 72205-4747 (Tel) 501-412-5686 (Fax) 501-374-3636 Email: kinnardkohler@sbcglobal.net "Doug Pic-N-Pac" wrote: > Is this something we would be able to use with RMS? Or is this just for > de...