The ActiveX control could not be created

Hello,

In the Project Center of PWA 2007 + SP2 and Aug CU, I did:
Actions > Export Grid to Excel.
But I got the error:
"The ActivX control on which this feature depends could not be created.
Because of this error, you can only copy the XML data to the clipboard. Do
you want to continue?"
How/where can I install this ActiveX control?
Thanks for your help.

0
Robert

Depending on your IE security settings, it should prompt you to install the
ActiveX control.  Have you set the site as a trusted site within IE?

- Andrew Lavinsky
Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm

> Hello,
>
> In the Project Center of PWA 2007 + SP2 and Aug CU, I did:

Actions>> Export Grid to Excel.
Actions>>
> But I got the error:
> "The ActivX control on which this feature depends could not be
> created.
> Because of this error, you can only copy the XML data to the
> clipboard. Do
> you want to continue?"
> How/where can I install this ActiveX control?
> Thanks for your help.

0
Andrew
12/21/2009 1:24:56 AM
We had this same issue and these were the steps we followed, which then
allowed us to successfully export the grid to Excel:
-From the project server, select Tools
-Internet Options
-Security tab
-Trusted Sites
-Add this web site to the zone:  your URL
-Select Add button
-Select OK button
-Refresh the project center
--
Carla Evans
Presbyterian Health Plan

"Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:

> Depending on your IE security settings, it should prompt you to install the
> ActiveX control.  Have you set the site as a trusted site within IE?
>
> - Andrew Lavinsky
> Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > In the Project Center of PWA 2007 + SP2 and Aug CU, I did:
> >
> Actions>> Export Grid to Excel.
> Actions>>
> > But I got the error:
> > "The ActivX control on which this feature depends could not be
> > created.
> > Because of this error, you can only copy the XML data to the
> > clipboard. Do
> > you want to continue?"
> > How/where can I install this ActiveX control?
> > Thanks for your help.
>

> .

Hello Andrew, Hello Carla,

I checked that my PWA Web site is effectively a trusted site in IE.
Anyway, aren't we obliged to set the PWA Web site as a trust sit e during
the install?
The problem is that I'm still not able to Export the Project Center grid to
Excel ;-(
Any other idea?
Thanks for your help

"Carla Evans" <CarlaEvans@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message
de news: C1E76A99-574E-48B6-85C7-47915939EBEF@microsoft.com...
> We had this same issue and these were the steps we followed, which then
> allowed us to successfully export the grid to Excel:
> -From the project server, select Tools
> -Internet Options
> -Security tab
> -Trusted Sites
> -Add this web site to the zone:  your URL
> -Select Add button
> -Select OK button
> -Refresh the project center
> --
> Carla Evans
> Presbyterian Health Plan
>

> "Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:
>
>> Depending on your IE security settings, it should prompt you to install
>> the
>> ActiveX control.  Have you set the site as a trusted site within IE?
>>
>> - Andrew Lavinsky
>> Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
>>
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > In the Project Center of PWA 2007 + SP2 and Aug CU, I did:
>> >
>> Actions>> Export Grid to Excel.
>> Actions>>
>> > But I got the error:
>> > "The ActivX control on which this feature depends could not be
>> > created.
>> > Because of this error, you can only copy the XML data to the
>> > clipboard. Do
>> > you want to continue?"
>> > How/where can I install this ActiveX control?
>> > Thanks for your help.
>>

>> .

0
Robert

How to get the key sent by RDP control sendkeys() method.
Hi all, I want to make a App runing in the RDP session, and it can receive the message sent by a RDP control SendKeys() method. I have made a successful test that the CMD.exe can receive SendKeys message. Does anyone give me any help? Thanks a lot. ec ...

How do I create a form in Excel that I can send to be filled out?
I want to create a form in Excel that I can send out so people can fill it out electronically and then send it back to me. I need lines in the form and when I add lines I have to widen the column and then it messes up the previous wording. I know it can be done but not sure if I have to protect it, create a template (how do I do that), or lock some of the cells. Help! For lines have you considered simply bottom borders? i.e. wording in A1 bottom borders on B1:E1 Or lines drawn from the Drawing Toolbar. No need to widen any columns. Save the workbook and send it out...

SDK question
I've done a bunch of work with the SDK but can't seem to get add a campaign response, I've verified that my credentials are fine as I can perform a lot of other functions but can't nail this one down. Is there anyway to get a more meaningful error message than "Server can't process request"? Here's my code: Dim service As New CrmService Dim myCreds As System.Net.NetworkCredential = New System.Net.NetworkCredential myCreds = GetMyCredentials() service.Credentials = myCreds ' Get Current User Id D...

WM_PAINT NON-STOP IN CUSTOM CONTROL
Hi all, I'm making MFC Dialog application.. One element in it is Custom Control(CC), created in Dialog Designer.. That CC is connected to a class A, registered by RegisterClass function, and its control handle I'm passing to my own WINPROC handle. I want to serve that CC by myself (by that WINPROC callback function).. Inside that WINPROC there is WM_PAINT message handle.. I don't understand why after dialog is created I see that CC and it's served by that WINPROC, BUT it constantly receives WM_PAINT message after I draw an image in that CC???????? I use BitBlt and DC...

To Refresh a Control to Display
Hi, I have added a Button control from the toolbars and have set the "caption" of it to nothing. Now i want to display a text "HELLO-ME" on the Button control from my application. I have tried a lot of options, but it is not diplying the text at all. What i have done is this, BOOL CMy_ApplicationDlg::OnInitDialog() { CDialog::OnInitDialog(); m_button.SetFocus(); int id = m_button.GetDlgCtrlID(); SetDlgItemTextW(id,L"It's-Me"); (OR) m_button.SetWindowTextW(L"HELLO-ME"); (OR) (GetDlgItem(...

Lost control of Excel
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I used to move cell by cell with arrow keys. <br> Today in excel, the arrows keys are moving the workbook. Am I doing something wrong? thanks. test, email me On 5/14/10 4:23 PM, kevs14@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel I used to move cell by cell with arrow keys. > Today in excel, the arrows keys are moving the workbook. Am I doing > something wrong? thanks. What kind of computer and keyboard are you using? Which ...

Create Folders and Write To Hard Disk Other than C:
My app can generate many gigabytes of data files (several megabytes each) per the user choice. For those who wonder, this happens over many hours and or days. I am making XP and up a requirement for using the app. So, for XP and up how do I do the following: (1)Set permissions on a different hard drive (other than C:) to read, write and delete data files. (a)for this user (b)for all users (common data). (2)Create a folder (assumes this is different than "normal"). I may be totally wrong, but I assume that reading, writing and deleting the file in this fo...

How to create chart with 1 column and 3 lines
IF This type of chart not in Standarad or Custom Types. THANK YOU Hi, Start by creating a standard column chart. Now select 1 of the column series that you want as a line. Right click and chose Chart Types. Select Line chart. That should have now changed the data series to a line. Select another column and this time press F4, which will repeat the last action. Repeat for the final series. Or maybe its easier to create a line chart of all 4 and the change 1 series to column using the same technique as above. Cheers Andy agenda9533 wrote: > IF > This type of chart not in Standara...

How to I create a Project with Start Date = Unknown
HI, I would like to create a Project and want to add all the TASKS, BUT I dont want to link it to a specifc Start date as this is still unknown, The Start date will be the contract signature date which is unknow. Is there anyway I can create the Project to start on a Unknown date? and then Project still shows you in DAYS, not dates how long the project would take? Somone mention Start date should = T0, (T ZERO) but have no idea what that means -- Jan De Messemaeker Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional +32 495 300 620 For availability check: http://users.online....

Stock Control How to...????
Anyone got any suggestion son how to use RMS to do stock control? Or and add on product that streamlines this process so it is ACCURATE and less pain. It is so painful to use SO manager by going to the sheld counting the item, noting its barcode (itemlookupcode), coming back to the computer, looking it up, going to inventory tab, typing in the quantity X 3000 items! .....and then finding out that at HQ, those figures are not communicated until the request count worsksheet is issued Thanks in advance Dan, I think what you are looking for is Physical Inventory. This allows you to co...

Form control events get broken.
My colleagues and I have a problem that occurs while designing access forms and it isn't helped by the fact that our applications have a lot of buttons on their forms. The best way I can describe the problem is to explain how to repeat the problematic behavior. 1) Create a blank form and stick a button on it and connect it to some code say: Private Sub Command6_Click() MsgBox ("Hello World") End Sub 2) Change the form to design view. Right Click the button then do edit cut, edit paste from the main menu. Right click the form title bar and choose form view. Click the butt...

Controlling "mail box is closed message" from System Administrator
Hi Guys, Is there a way to control the frequency of "Your mailbox is closed message" sent by System Administrator when a mailbox is over its limit in Exchange 5.5? -- Buchi On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 02:39:07 -0800, "Buchi" <Buchi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi Guys, >Is there a way to control the frequency of "Your mailbox is closed message" >sent by System Administrator when a mailbox is over its limit in Exchange >5.5? Site config/Info Store Config/Storage Warnings tab. Andy Thanks, I have since reset my storage warning propert...

Determine currently selected control
Hi, Is there a way to determine the name of the currently selected control? Thanks! Gaetan, Check out ActiveControl Property in Help. The name of the current control that has the focus would be... = Screen.ActiveControl.Name -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your life." "Gaetan" <Gaetan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:182E34C6-4BC4-4948-9684-2921D3F3839A@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Is t...

Create array
I have a row in which I have an undefined number of merged cells (Varying in the number of cells that each merged cell is comprised of). I now need to populate a userform combobox with the values. I tried doing Me.combobox1.RowSource = "Sheet1!Q1:MN1" but the cbo only has the first value appear. How can I get the full list of the merged cell values into the cbo? Thank you QB If they are really merged cells, all the data is in the first (topmost left) cell. If the data is separated by some delimiting character, you can load the combobox with a routine simi...

Controls/Frames off the edge of the form?
Folks I've created a simple wizard form using a number of frames. The form I created in the form design view contains all six frames laid out in the three wide and two tall layout and works. At runtime I'm moving the second and subsequent frames to the same top and left as the first frame. So now in design view I've shrunk the form appropriately so the other five frames are no longer visible. Is there a problem in VB6 with leaving the other frames and controls they contain not displayed? Off in null space as it were? I wouldn't think so because I've ...

image control not displaying all photos
Using image control to display photos, the problem I am exsperiencing is they all show up on report view but only some show up on print preview and or when I actually print the report. The table is storing the path not the actual picture. each photo is about 3 meg. Any help to get the to work would be great! Thanks Russ -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/201001/1 Can anyone offer some advise on this problem? Russ wrote: >Using image control to display photos, the problem I am exsperiencing is they ...

how to add controls to a group control in mfc?
Hii .. I have a really simple question, Im trying to add some controls (e.g edit boxes and radio buttons) to a group box in MFC in visual studio 2003. What I want is that in the Dialog editor when I move the group box with my mouse, all the controls inside the group box move along with it too. Also I want to enable / disable all the controls inside the group box on the fly by just enabling/disabling the groupbox Is it possible to do that? Thanks Arfeen arfeengodil@gmail.com wrote: > Hii .. > > I have a really simple question, Im trying to add some controls (e.g > edit boxes an...

Refer to childs of user control.
Hello. In VB.NET 2008 : I created a user control. The user control has label (one of its components). I want : When using the final user control by the IDE, I shall be able to pick up the label control alone, make events on it, or change the label text. How can I do that ? Thanks :) Am 15.04.2010 00:25, schrieb Mr. X.: > Hello. > In VB.NET 2008 : > I created a user control. > The user control has label (one of its components). > I want : > When using the final user control by the IDE, I shall be able to pick up the > label control alone, > ma...

I can't create new account!!!
Hi, When i try to create a new account the system gives me this error message "This record has been created since your attempt to create it. Changes won't be saved". Then i did checklink for the financial and the system showed two error messages, the first "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'frl_acct_code' with unique index 'XPKfrl_acct_code' ", and the second one "The stored procedure glCLAccountMSTR returned the following error results: DBMS: 2601, Great Plains: 0." Any quick will...

Activex component can't create object
I have a excel add-in installed on my system. When i try to work on the add-in i get the following error "activex component cant create object". Please help on this. I think your add-in has some reference to a DLL or OCX and this DLL/OCX doesn't exists in yout computer or has different version. -- Rodrigo Ferreira Regards from Brazil "Naveen" <Naveen@discussions.microsoft.com> escreveu na mensagem news:1486779D-E45D-4942-83AA-88F27DBC0A49@microsoft.com... >I have a excel add-in installed on my system. When i try to work on the > add-in i get the fo...

Creating word documents in SharePoint
Not sure if this is an SBS question or SharePoint so I posted in both NG's. I got an SBS 2008 server using WSS3.0 for companyweb. I want clients to be able to create new Word documents as opposed to creating them then uploading them. however I do not have the "Word" option when I am in any of the Documents Libraries and select "new". All I see is "New Folder". How do I add this option. Thanks. ...

Problem embedding explorer control in Illustrator
HI folks, I've been trying recently to embed Explorer in an ADM dialog with Illustrator 11 using the CHtmlCtrl class from http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0100/c/c0100.aspx (it's an extension of the CHtmlView MFC class). I've hit something of a stumbling block, though; when the dialog with the control in it loses focus, it stops being repainted. Any Javascript on the page will continue to run and links clicked will be fetched, it's just that the window won't be updated. There's another interesting aspect to this. If I have JavaScript on the HTML page being displayed incre...

Looking for a way how to get currently selected item from List control
Hi, guys. There is a task. I have a window that is something like CListCtrl (but different framework, not MFC). I know only the HWND for that window. Inside are items. In fact it looks like usual ListCtrl but with some options like background and small buttons in the bottom to add/delete items. So I'm looking for a way how to find out which item is currently selected. I mean i need coordinates of that item. Is it possible to do using some WinAPI functions or so? Thank you. -- ---- German Koninin --------------------------------------- For every complex problem, there's solution t...

Cannot create newsgroup under the name "all"
I have Exchange 2003 server installed on Windows 2003 server. When I create newsgroup "all" or something.all or something.all.something I get error "The filename, directory name< or volume label syntax is incorrect." The same error if Exchange 2000 and Windows 2000 server. Why? Anybody help me? ...

What is a 3-up chart and how do I create one?
Can anybody help me? I don't know if this helps, but sometimes I've heard of PowerPoint slides being called 4-up or 2-up, based on the number of charts or pictures on the slide. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Paula wrote: > Can anybody help me? Hi Paula, This article describes a 3-up chart - it is just two column charts and a text table. https://www.supplier.cessna.com/reliability/reliability_guidelines.pdf Ed Ferrero http://edferrero.m6.net/ > Can anybody help me?...