Task Update in PWA 2007

Hi,

Is it possible to enter some actual in the My Tasks page of PWA 2007, for
example to enter some percent complete,  then to get the progress of that
task in all the PWA views without any validation via Project Professional?
If so, how?
Thanks for your help!

0
Xiao

Xiao --

No, this is not possible.  Even though the PM can create a Rule to
automatically accept the task update, the system DOES NOT publish the update
after accepting it.  And if the update to the schedule isn't published, it
is not visible anywhere in PWA.  In conjunction with rules, a software
developer could write custom code to automatically publish projects on a
regular life-cycle, such as nightly.  If you are interested in that
approach, please post a new question in the
microsoft.public.project.developer newsgroup to allow our developer friends
to guide you.  Hope this helps.

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]
VP of Educational Services

"Xiao" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to enter some actual in the My Tasks page of PWA 2007, for
> example to enter some percent complete,  then to get the progress of that
> task in all the PWA views without any validation via Project Professional?
> If so, how?
> Thanks for your help!

0
Dale
5/1/2010 7:41:21 PM
Thanks a lot Dale !

"Dale Howard [MVP]" <dale[dot]howard[at]msprojectexperts[dot]com> a �crit
dans le message de news:
E6D16D58-ABB6-4249-87FC-372FDB838111@microsoft.com...
> Xiao --
>
> No, this is not possible.  Even though the PM can create a Rule to
> automatically accept the task update, the system DOES NOT publish the
> update after accepting it.  And if the update to the schedule isn't
> published, it is not visible anywhere in PWA.  In conjunction with rules,
> a software developer could write custom code to automatically publish
> projects on a regular life-cycle, such as nightly.  If you are interested
> in that approach, please post a new question in the
> microsoft.public.project.developer newsgroup to allow our developer
> friends to guide you.  Hope this helps.
>
> --
> Dale A. Howard [MVP]
> VP of Educational Services
> msProjectExperts
> http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> "We write the books on Project Server"
>

> "Xiao" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is it possible to enter some actual in the My Tasks page of PWA 2007, for
>> example to enter some percent complete,  then to get the progress of that
>> task in all the PWA views without any validation via Project
>> Professional?
>> If so, how?
>> Thanks for your help!

0
Xiao
5/1/2010 9:35:19 PM
Xiao --

You are more than welcome for the help, my friend!  Your question was a
common one.

--

> Thanks a lot Dale !
>
> "Dale Howard [MVP]" <dale[dot]howard[at]msprojectexperts[dot]com> a �crit
> dans le message de news:
> E6D16D58-ABB6-4249-87FC-372FDB838111@microsoft.com...
>> Xiao --
>>
>> No, this is not possible.  Even though the PM can create a Rule to
>> automatically accept the task update, the system DOES NOT publish the
>> update after accepting it.  And if the update to the schedule isn't
>> published, it is not visible anywhere in PWA.  In conjunction with rules,
>> a software developer could write custom code to automatically publish
>> projects on a regular life-cycle, such as nightly.  If you are interested
>> in that approach, please post a new question in the
>> microsoft.public.project.developer newsgroup to allow our developer
>> friends to guide you.  Hope this helps.
>>
>> --
>> Dale A. Howard [MVP]
>> VP of Educational Services
>> msProjectExperts
>> http://www.msprojectexperts.com
>> http://www.projectserverexperts.com
>> "We write the books on Project Server"
>>

>> "Xiao" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Is it possible to enter some actual in the My Tasks page of PWA 2007,
>>> for example to enter some percent complete,  then to get the progress of
>>> that task in all the PWA views without any validation via Project
>>> Professional?
>>> If so, how?
>>> Thanks for your help!

0
Dale

issue with serial port on module, updating form
Hello, Ive created a serial port instance on a module. In the same module I have the sub data_received. Now I'd like to update a control in a form, how can I do it? Thanks in advance You need to use Control.BeginInvoke or .Invoke to update the UI via a Delegate. You can download the VB2005 Terminal example from my website, which illustrates this. Dick -- Richard Grier, Consultant, Hard & Software 12962 West Louisiana Avenue Lakewood, CO 80228 303-986-2179 (voice) Homepage: www.hardandsoftware.net Author of Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to Serial Comm...

Moving Data Points on Scatter Chart in 2007
I have used Excel to construct various ship curves in all versions until 2007. I would create a table of offsets (x,y points) and build a simple integration scheme around the table. I would then graph the offsets. I could go into the graph, grab a particular data point and move it either horizontally or vertically. This would update the table and update the integration. I would have the area (or volume) display on the graph. So I could fair a smooth curve by adjusting offsets (with the smooth lines turned on) until I got the area and centroid I needed. Until Excel 2007! I cannot...

Newbie- Subtask duration not driving main task duration
Just started with Project 2007 last week and I already have an issue! Let's say I create a task, then put some subtasks under it (indented). If I put in a duration for one of the subtasks at 5 days, the blue bar for the subtask extends 5 days, but the main task stays at the default 1 day. It doesn't matter if I open a new project, open a project someone else sends me, etc., same thing happens. However, if I send my Project to someone else, everything looks as it should. I assume I have some kind of formatting or filtering issue, but I'm not experienced enough in p...

Charts GONE after Windows XP SP3 Update!?!
I have Office 2007 SP1 Enterprise Edition and, until last night, Windows XP Professonal SP2 installed on my PC. Last night I went through the normal Microsoft Update site to upgrade to SP3 and everything seemed to go well. However, I noticed this morning that all of my Excel files I have that previously had worksheets on them showing charts are not displaying those charts at all. The worksheets that they were on are still in the files, but the charts themselves seem to have disappeared. Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone know of a way to resolve this? Thanks... Hi, ...

my outlook 2007 did not come with stationary installed.HELP!
Can anyone tell me why my newly purchased, downloaded online outlook 2007 did not come with e-mail stationary? When I go to select it it says, "no themes installed" themes are available only if word is installed and it sounds like you have a hosted exchange provided copy. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH...

Microsoft Outlook 2003 and 2007
I'm changing computers and i want to move my personal folders to the new pc. How can i accomplish this task? Microsoft Outlook 2003 and 2007. You don't mention if both machines are connected to your home/personal network, but I have found copying the PST file(s) to a common removable/network drive share the best way. Once you get the PST file(s) moved over to the new machine on one of its local drives, just create a new mail profile on the new machine and use your old data file. "LNNO" <LNNO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB4089CD-B...

Address Labels in Access 2007?
I had no trouble creating labels in the previous version of Access, but I have problems with Access 2007. It makes me "jump through hoops" t open the old labels, from Access 97, what few there are that are left. I don't know how to create the database for the labels in ACcesss 2007. Help, please. Thanks on the Create ribbon in the Reports group there is an icon for Labels Warm Regards, Crystal remote programming and training http://MSAccessGurus.com free video tutorials http://www.YouTube.com/user/LearnAccessByCrystal Access Basics http://www.AccessMV...

Problem with Excel 2007 recovering from crash
Excel 2007 crashed. Funny, the dialog box gave choices "send later" and "don't send" which seemed odd to me (as i am used to "send now" and "don't send"). I said "send later". Then, i got an alert, "Excel is recovering your documents". However, Excel did not automatically relaunch, as it used to. So, i started Excel. I do not see any recovered documents pane. I opened the documents, and they are not the recovered ones, they are the last saved ones. SO, it appears i have lost several hours work. Is this a known i...

links not updating
Hi I have two files. Data in File 1 is linked to data in file 2. I have both the files open. When I change a value in file 2, the data in file 1 should update automatically. This doesn't seem to be happening. I have to go to each cell and hit F2 for the update to happen. I've tried both F9 and Shift-F9. The calcuations are set to automatic but still it doesn't update uatomatically. Any idea what is happening? Thanks Utkarsh Do you have calculation set to automatic (tools|Options|calculation tab)? If yes, are you sure you have both workbooks open in the same instance of excel? ...

Outlook 2007 12-13-09
How do you display Tasks in To-Do Bar using .pst file? "spikey789" <spikey789@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3D07AF5-AB82-4F01-9153-4D097DD392E2@microsoft.com... > How do you display Tasks in To-Do Bar using .pst file? Don't quite understand where the "pst file" bit comes in, but have you right-clicked on "To Do Bar" and made sure that Tasks is checked? ...

Dates in Excel 2007 graph axis dialogs
I work for an environmental engineering firm, and commonly create time-series and other scatterplots of numerical data using Excel. In Excel 2003, I could format a time-series scatterplot axis minimum and maximum easily by typing in the dates in short date format. Not so in 2007 - it refuses to accept dates in anything but "days elapsed since 01/01/1900" format. Is there a workaround for this? Why was it changed? It was quite useful. Overall, I'm pretty unhappy with the new Excel. It seems to have acquired a lot more layers of very questionable usefulness. Many of...

Copy Picture in 2007
Hi. Folks In Excel 03, I regulary use the (Shift/Edit Menu/Copy picture) to access the Copy Picture command. Please can you tell me how to access this in 2007. Your help is and always has been very much appreciated. Looking forward to your answer in anticipation. <-><-><-><-> Big Rick Big Rick - After making a selection, in Excel 2007, choose Home > Paste (drop down) > As Picture > Copy As Picture ... - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com "Big Rick" <BigRick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F58...

Slow Performing Outlook 2007 and BCM
Hi all, I just recently upgraded a number of PCs from OL2003 (connecting to Exchange - not cached mode) to Outlook 2007 w/ Business Contact Manager (oviously cached mode as this is required). The BCM database is on a shared PC using the BCM database tool. I had experimented with one PC taking it off the cached mode and it had made things speedy again, but I can't keep it like that due to the need for BCM. Any clue what is going on here? Is it cached mode or BCM causing the issue? The speed issues range from starting an email reply and having to wait for what you type to catch up,...

Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010 migration
I have a client that is setting up a new Exchange 2010 server in a new Active Directory Forest. He currently has an exchange 2007 server in a different forest. He will keep his e-mail domain the same -e.g. acme.com and user mailbox addresses the same -e.g. jsmith@acme.com. He wants to have both servers up simultaneously, then migrate his mail boxes (Some of which are rather large), one by one from the 2007 server to the 2010 server and have the 2007 server forward email for unresolved recipients to the 2010 server until all mailboxes have been moved. I know how to do this...

remove com add-ins in Office 2007
I have Chinese menues appearing when I enter Access, which I have traced to a Com Add-In. I have found a way to disable it, but want to remove it permanently. When I try to remove it a message says only an administrator can remove the Add-In. I am the administrator for Windows operating system on my computer, but cannot remove a Com Add-In within Access. What am I missing or doing wrong? What operating system? If Vista or Win 7, find msaccess.exe wherever it is in Program Files, right-click on it and select Run as Administrator. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http:...

TO and CC email addresses hidden when forwarding an email [Outlook 2007]
Dear all, I've encountered a problem when forwarding emails in Outlook 2007. Any help much appreciated! When forwarding an email using Outlook 2007, only the names of the recipients of the recipients are given in the forwarded message (from "-----Original Message-----" downwards); the FROM field contains a "mailto" URL with an email address, but the TO and CC fields give no email addresses. (There are no hidden hyperlinks that encode the email addresses.) Is there a setting that changes this? I have looked through all the settings and could not find one! Thanks a l...

Move from exchange 2003 to 2007
Recently I migrated to exchange 2007 from 2003. I still have the 03 box running, but have move 2 mailboxes to new server. I can recieve mail through the old server to new mailboxes but cant send any mail out the new boxes. any ideas why? On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 04:40:08 -0700, cowen <cowen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Recently I migrated to exchange 2007 from 2003. I still have the 03 box >running, but have move 2 mailboxes to new server. I can recieve mail through >the old server to new mailboxes but cant send any mail out the new boxes. any >ideas why? Is ther...

Outlook 2007: Contact "Groups"
I am getting a bit confused with contact groups and folders. I created a new group and then created a main folder within that group. I then imported some contacts into that main folder from Excel. Then, I decided to make additional folders within that new group for a total of about six folders. Somehow I deleted the folders from the navigation pane but they still appear in the address book? How do I get them back in the navigation pane? Also, I see that five of the folders are indented from the "main folder". Why is that? I wanted multiple folders at the same level. ...

Updating Accounts
About a month ago I opened my Money program and saw that it had deleted the sign-on info I had saved for Home Depot and MBNA. Since then, it has not allowed me to set up online updates. I keep getting "Account Updates Not Available, Please Try Again Later". These accounts had been updating fine before this. I have called support, talked to support online, they closed the session every time as unresolved. WHAT'S THE DEAL? I am seriously looking into trashing Money and using Quicken! ...

Updating Excel Spreadsheet
I have 3 users that use the same spreadsheet, is there a way of automatically updating the spreadsheet of one user with newer information input by another user. Hello, I think you should use shared workbook. Ex2003: Tools/Share Workbook... Ex2007: Review Ribbon/Share Workbook... Obviously, you need to save the file into shared drive. Let us know if it works :) -- Milan Bortel MCP, MCAS, MCTS GOPAS Computer Training Center Brno, Czech Republic "joesw" wrote: > I have 3 users that use the same spreadsheet, is there a way of automatically >...

2 axes charts in Excel 2007
Has anyone ever received or know of an update to correct the very problematic behaviour of Excel 2007 when (trying to) produce charts with 2 independent axes, each with manually set limits? The program regularly goes off in to a real huff and becomes unresponsive for absolutely ages... There was an issue fixed in SP1 (and before that with a restricted hot fix) but this became even more problematic with SP2. It was accepted as a legitimate bug mid last year but I have never found an update. I note that this behaviour has been cured in Excel 2010 beta... so where is the cure for Ex...

Money 2002 Online Price Updates
I have recently updated my computer to VISTA and have had to re-instal Money2002 Personal and Business edition. Since then the online price updates no longer run on start up. I have to manually use the update price option and this does retrieve updated prices for the shares as expected. Does anyone kn ow how to fix the problem so that the update of prices happens automatically every 6 hours as it used to do when I was using Windos XP Home? Thanks in antcipation of getting a resolution to this problem. ...

New to powerpoint 2007. How to use macros to move picture.
Hi. I am not very good at ppt but can someone tell me if there is an effect to re-size an image. What I would like to do is have a page that shrinks the image to the top left corner and then displays text. I know there are lots of special effects for images.I want the top corner of the image fixed so that the image retreates up and right. I have been asking this question for over a week now. A reply takes a day. I have a presentation ChildrensTalk.pptm On Slide 8 I have a jpg file called WaterWine.jpg Sub Test() Dim oSh As Shape ' Create a variable to hold a reference '...

Server side rules for Exchange 2007 for auto detaching attachments to a specified location when sender/recipient names match pattern?
Greetings, Some suppliers send us updates to product pricing as email attachments. We would like to process these updates automatically into our SQL product database using SSIS. Can anybody recommend a server side method of automatically detaching these attachments from Exchange 2007 to a specified location when the sender name and recipient address match specified patterns? I believe MAPiLab rules for exchange does it for Exchange 2003 but I need to find a way with Exchange 2007, Cheers Noel ...

help wanted in updating worksheet automatically
Could you please help us with an excel query. We have an excel file with fields in a random order. The values in these fields have to be picked up and arranged one below the other in a separate area. The values to be picked up always have a fixed cell address. Awaiting reply Elle How about just selecting the range, copy it, paste it to its new location. Then select that new range and do Data|Sort? Madhu wrote: > > Could you please help us with an excel query. > > We have an excel file with fields in a random order. > > The values in these fields have to be pic...