Task start/end dates from MS project to Workspace site

We are currently running MSPS 2007 with WSS 3.0. I am trying to create a list in one of the project work spaces. I would like to auto-populate two columns in that list with the start and end date of certain tasks from the Project Plan in MS project. I am thinking we can do this by linking these columns to the the project SQL database fields. So,

1) Do I use the published SQL databse for this?
2) Which fields in the SQL database would I have to link to get the Start and End dates?

AutoList in ASP.Net
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/f1795211-67c5-4eda-bbdd-609a6a6fd120/autolist-in-aspnet.aspx
0
Prasanna

Hi Prasanna,

as an alternative, you may want to try to use the delivereable web part,
which does this out of the box.
Hope this helps
Marc
--
Marc Soester [MVP]
http://www.i-pmo.com.au

"Prasanna Adavi" <Prasanna Adavi>, "PMP"" wrote:

> We are currently running MSPS 2007 with WSS 3.0. I am trying to create a list in one of the project work spaces. I would like to auto-populate two columns in that list with the start and end date of certain tasks from the Project Plan in MS project. I am thinking we can do this by linking these columns to the the project SQL database fields. So,
>
> 1) Do I use the published SQL databse for this?
> 2) Which fields in the SQL database would I have to link to get the Start and End dates?

> AutoList in ASP.Net
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/f1795211-67c5-4eda-bbdd-609a6a6fd120/autolist-in-aspnet.aspx
> .

Timing of payroll year end tax update installation
I am trying ot find out if the 2007 year end tax update for GP v9 can be applied prior to running the final payroll for the year. If this is just a form update can it be done early to avoid so much stress at the end of the year? Has anyone tried this? (I do not mean the new tax table update for 2008) -- Diane Burbank Dynamics GP Consultant Yes, it can be applied at any time. However, it is not just a form update. It includes service pack 3. The installation will require all users be out of GP during the procedure. All workstations must be updated. Make backups of the databases and the...

Default Site ID Lookup
When accessing Transactions -> Inventory -> Transaction Entry and you click on the Default Site ID lookup window, you are not able to sort by Description. With a company that has multiple locations (100s) setup, it is very painful to scroll through the list. This sort is unavailable on both the SmartList Alternate GP Window sites lookup and the basic GP window sites lookup. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane....

Automatically insert date and time in a side note
I know I can insert the current date and time in a note or side not by using sft+alt+f but would like to automate this so that the current date and time are automatically inserted into a side note when I create one by pressing the windows key + n. ...

Exchange 2003
I've a big problem, in the Dsaccess tab under the ESM, Exchange don't auto discover Global Catalog on other site than itself. So, when the Global Catalog fall down on one site, Exchange Server on this site can't contact any GC and Exchange server not work properly. Question : Autodiscover global access work ONLY in his AD site ? Thanks for answer. Hi, To diagnose the problem, post the output of your 2080 event from DSACCESS... that is the full topology in this site, and "1 site over" . You can get the 2080 event every 15 minutes by turning up diagnostic logging...

After installation , cannot start Money2004
Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Error signature: AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName : mnyob99.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 000dc6e5 How to i solve the problem? thanks ...

Display custom field on task pane
I have created a custom form for my contact information. Now I would like for one of those custom fields to be displayed when I create a task for one of these contacts. The task is already linked to the contact through the name, but I can't seem to pull in any other information from the contact form. Is this possible? You would have to write code in a custom form or an Outlook add-in to = return the linked contact, retrieve the value of the contact's field, = and assign it to a property on the task item. For an example, see = http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=3D566 ...

Date in Headers and Footers
In Excel Office XP, how can I change the default date in a header and footer? The "&[Date]" command defaults to mm/dd/yyyy. I would like something else. Hi AFAIK this would require VBA. Would this be a feasible way for you? >-----Original Message----- >In Excel Office XP, how can I change the default date in >a header and footer? The "&[Date]" command defaults to >mm/dd/yyyy. I would like something else. >. > Thanks for your help, Frank, but since it take the Virtual Basketball Association ( :) ), I'll pass. If Microsoft isn...

assigning a null value of a date field to a date variable
Hi, At some point in the execution of my program I open a dialog box were the user is supposed to enter some info. Among other things he is asked to enter a date in a textbox, but this is optional. When I try to assign this date to a date variable I get the message “Invalid use of null” in the case the user has not filled in any date. If I use the Nz function, a value of 0 is assigned to the date and this later shows as December 30 1899 which I don’t want. How can I deal with this situation? Thanks in advance, George You cannot assign the Null value to a VBA variable of type Date. ...

Finding Certain Dates
I get paid on the 1st and 15th of every month unless that day falls on a weekend or holiday. If that happens I get paid on the business day prior to the 1st or 15th. I have a flash that pops up on paydays by nesting the IF function: (=(IF(AND(B200=2,C200=15),"P * A * Y * D * A * Y",IF(AND(B201=3, C201=1),"P * A * Y * D * A * Y",IF(AND(B202=3,C202=15),"P * A * Y * D * A * Y",IF(AND(B203=3,C202=30),"P * A * Y * D * A * Y", IF(AND(B204=4,C204=13),"P * A * Y * D * A * Y",IF(AND(B205=5,C205=1) ,...

Month to Date information
I am using a table that has the Date as the Primary key. I have built a userform that shows the various related Revenues that occured on that date, but I would like to show Month-to-Date information on that as well, i.e., if the current date being viewed is 20 July 2007, I would like the month-to-date add up all of the revenues from 01 July through 20 July. If I'm viewing 31 Aug 2007, I would like the revenues to add up 01-31 August. I am very new to Access,(so new, in fact, I have the "Dummy Book"), so dumb it down if you can. Thanks so much! This will give you all b...

Try on these pack for MS Internet Explorer
--ghupnihmofyfpvtc Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="uxvfhywtaeo"; type="multipart/alternative" --uxvfhywtaeo Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="yapnfnffssahl" --yapnfnffssahl Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your...

Task Manager
Cannot be closed once open. No "X" option On Nov 15, 4:38=A0pm, Paul Berg <Paul B...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Cannot be closed once open. =A0No "X" option A Vista oriented link but works the same with XP: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/114377-task-manager-small-footprint-mode.= html Paul Berg wrote: > Cannot be closed once open. No "X" option You probably chose (perhaps by accident) to hide its top row, menu bar, and tabs. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Troubleshoot-Task-Manager-problems To to...

Date time picker control's format in resource editor
This problem relates to the resource editor in Visual Studio .NET 2002/2003 If you create a date time picker control in resource editor and set its format to “time”, save and close the resource editor, when you open the resource editor next time, the format of that date time picker control will always be reset to “short date”. In a word, it cannot keep the “time” format. Antbody know how to get around it Thanks! >This problem relates to the resource editor in Visual Studio .NET 2002/2003: > >If you create a date time picker control in resource editor and set its format to �time�, ...

Custom Workspace Template Not Linking to Projects
Experts, I publised a test project on PWA for Project Server 2007. I then went to that new Workspace and made several changes to the Issues and Risks columns and over all views. I then saved the site as a template, sent the .stp file to our sharepoint admin and she executed the STSADM command to load new the template. I then went to PWA Site Provisioning setting and switched the default template to the new one. so far so good? When I went to create a new project schedule and published, i created the schedule and workspace but they're not linked. Meanining that I dont see t...

Date Fields 01-22-08
Thanks to all the advice I have received but I seriously need more help (in more ways than one). The crux of the problem is that I need to insert a date into ClockStarts field and have access display another date into TargetDate field (plus 20 days but excluding Sat/Sun and holidays) If someone could give me the code to do this I would be forever in your debt. Thanks =Now() (if you want a date AND time value) =Date() (if you want date only) -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Ment...

System Attendant Task is blocked
I have been troubleshooting this issue for over a month. Every evening at ~8:16:46pm, I get a event ID of 1031 on my E2k3 server (running on a 2 node WS2k3 cluster). The description simply states: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: General Event ID: 1031 Date: 1/19/2006 Time: 8:16:46 PM User: N/A Computer: UEMAILNODE01 Description: One of the System Attendant's task is blocked. Function: CMonitoringTask::Work For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. I have turned on logging for the services mentioned in the above li...

Project Management integration with Great Plains
Hello, I am part of a consulting company that is looking for software to manage our projects. I am looking for project management software that will allow us to track progress at the task level. The ideal software will allow the consultants to enter the time they have worked on the tasks and at the end of the week, a timesheet for that worker will be generated from their logged hours on project tasks. Invoices and payments to the consultant will be generated from the timesheets. The software should be flexible enough to allow for different bill rates to be billed for the same consultant o...

Enlarged Input Box and today's date input
I have a sheet that I want a salesperson to record daily notes with a client. When they click on the cell I want a flyout type box (or enlarged box) that can scroll up and down to see past notes. I would like the lines to be entered bottom up so the last entry will be the one that shows in the cell when the cell is not selected. I would like the input line to automatically have today's date in the beginning and the cursor be next to that so an entry can be typed in. I hope this isn't too big a request! Thanks! Steve You may want to look at Data|Form to see if that does what...

formulae for dates
below formulae =TODAY()-(LEFT(C1,2)*365.25)-((MID(C1,7+FIND("",MID(C1,7,99)),2))*365.25/12) gives an output is mm/dd/yy on entering 0 years x months but if I enter 0 years 10 months or 11 months it gives me wrong date e.g if entered 0 years 10 months it gives 31 april 2006 plz advise thanks Hi Gerald You are missing the space between the quotes in your formula Try =TODAY()-(LEFT(C1,2)*365.25)-((MID(C1,7+FIND(" ",MID(C1,7,99)),2))*365.25/12) -- Regards Roger Govier "Gerald" <Gerald@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CF4029E-2BAA...

MS-Access 2007 Minimize/Maximize Ribbon
Is there a call to minimixe or maximize the ribbon when a form or report opens? "JimP" <jpockmire@att.net> wrote in message news:EZGdnc4su4HgxWzWnZ2dnUVZ_jSdnZ2d@giganews.com... > Is there a call to minimixe or maximize the ribbon when a form or report > opens? You can *hide* the ribbon using: DoCmd.ShowToolbar �Ribbon�, acToolbarNo .... and show it again using: DoCmd.ShowToolbar �Ribbon�, acToolbarYes The only way I know of to *minimize* the ribbon programmatically is to use SendKeys (which I normally avoid like the plague) to ...

Payables Invoice Due Date
I have a bunch of payable invoices that have dues date in the far away future. instead of the user typing 2003, they have put 2030. The voucher has been posted, but becuase the date is in the future, it did not apply and it still shows up on my aged trial balance report even though we have already payed it. I have gone into the tables and changed the due date back to 2003, but this still did not fix the problem. Any ideas? Thanks! Darren, You're saying that you have invoices that are fully applied, so when you look at them in Vendor Inquiry they have an 'Origin' of H...

Please Help! Outlook Task list as HTML?
I urgently need help figuring out a way to convert, publish, export, etc., my Outlook task list as a HTML web page. I need to be able to retain all of the view characteristics of the original task list, i.e., colors, columns, sort, etc.. Really would appreciate any suggestions as I need this for an online meeting Monday night for people outside of our organization who do not have access to our Exchange Server. THANKS!!!! Why not use Outlook Web Access??? You could do screen captures and/or print to PDF files? Do you have the ability to make PDFs? If all else fails, use PRINTSCR...

Show Tasks Pane similar to folder list
Hi all. In my installation of Outlook, I have a button labelled 'Tasks' at the left of the screen, under my folders list. Is it possible to have the Tasks as a 'toolbar' at the side of the screen? Rgds Duncs No but OL2007 adds a To Do bar akin to what I think you're asking for. "Duncs" <True.Kilted.Scot@gmail.com> wrote in message news:fb76a250-5418-44a3-bcbf-c77487bbafe3@d1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Hi all. > > In my installation of Outlook, I have a button labelled 'Tasks' at the > left of the screen, under my folders list. ...

Excel VBA problem
I have 2 Excel tables, part of the first table looks as follows. I kee track of parts in production by entering completion dates for eac process they go through. S/N Kitting SMT 1st Assembly Inspection 10001 30-Jun 2-Jul 8-Jul 10002 24-Jun 27-Jun 10003 Note: This table needs to be flexible in terms of the number of S/N' as well the number of processes entered. For example, there could b 15 processes parts need to go through. In addition, there could be 1 identical parts in production. I need help writing a macro which will go through each line and take the latest comple...

If...ElseIf...End If with multiple conditions
I am learning VBA for Access. On the form I have Text Box "Cat" and Combo Box "CatCb". CatCb data source has 6 values including "Dr", "Pt" and the last value "Undefined". I have class module as follows Private Sub CatCb_AfterUpdate() If Nz(Cat.Value) = "" Then Cat.Value = CatCb ElseIf Cat.Value <> "Undefined" And CatCb = "Undefined" And MsgBox("Replace all current Categories with 'Undefined'?", vbYesNo, "Categories") = vbYes Then Cat.Value = CatCb Else ...