Start Date Change from My Tasks

When a user modifies the start date in My Tasks and published to the PM, the
correct dates show in the "change acceptance" window; however, the new date
does not show correctly in the client task start date field.  The gantt chart
does show that the task has been delayed (with a dotted line) with the task
starting at the new start date.  The dotted line starts at the old start
date.  Changing finish dates appear to work correctly.

Suggestions

Sorry . . .  running PS 2007 with June CU.

"Jim Sipe" wrote:

> When a user modifies the start date in My Tasks and published to the PM, the
> correct dates show in the "change acceptance" window; however, the new date
> does not show correctly in the client task start date field.  The gantt chart
> does show that the task has been delayed (with a dotted line) with the task
> starting at the new start date.  The dotted line starts at the old start
> date.  Changing finish dates appear to work correctly.
>
> Suggestions
What is the task type?
Is there a constraint?
Is there a predecessor dependency?
Does this only happen if you move the start date forward, or backward?
--
Regards,  Ben.

http://www.applepark.co.uk
http://appleparkltd.spaces.live.com/

"Jim Sipe" wrote:

> Sorry . . .  running PS 2007 with June CU.
>
> "Jim Sipe" wrote:
>
> > When a user modifies the start date in My Tasks and published to the PM, the
> > correct dates show in the "change acceptance" window; however, the new date
> > does not show correctly in the client task start date field.  The gantt chart
> > does show that the task has been delayed (with a dotted line) with the task
> > starting at the new start date.  The dotted line starts at the old start
> > date.  Changing finish dates appear to work correctly.
> >
> > Suggestions
Jim:

This is a common misunderstanding about how this feature works. You need to
keep in mind that your resource is changing the task at the assignment
level. So, apply an assignment view such as Task Usage or Resource Usage,
and you should see the new date for the assignment. These changes do not
roll up automatically because you can have multiple assignments on a task
and Microsoft obviously didn't want to delve into the business logic to
control the rollup. So, you have a couple of choices:

1) Live with the discrepancy between task planned start and assignment
planned start (doesn't look pretty on the Gantt chart)
2) Roll up the new start date to the task level manually
3) Create a macro to do the rollup - keeping in mind that if there are
multiple assignments on the task, that you need to handle the logic

--
Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com

"Jim Sipe" <JimSipe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sorry . . .  running PS 2007 with June CU.
>
> "Jim Sipe" wrote:
>
>> When a user modifies the start date in My Tasks and published to the PM,
>> the
>> correct dates show in the "change acceptance" window; however, the new
>> date
>> does not show correctly in the client task start date field.  The gantt
>> chart
>> does show that the task has been delayed (with a dotted line) with the
>> task
>> starting at the new start date.  The dotted line starts at the old start
>> date.  Changing finish dates appear to work correctly.
>>
>> Suggestions

0
Gary
4/1/2010 9:56:26 PM
OK, it all makes sense now.  Thanks for everyones help on this.

Jim

"Gary L. Chefetz" wrote:

> Jim:
>
> This is a common misunderstanding about how this feature works. You need to
> keep in mind that your resource is changing the task at the assignment
> level. So, apply an assignment view such as Task Usage or Resource Usage,
> and you should see the new date for the assignment. These changes do not
> roll up automatically because you can have multiple assignments on a task
> and Microsoft obviously didn't want to delve into the business logic to
> control the rollup. So, you have a couple of choices:
>
> 1) Live with the discrepancy between task planned start and assignment
> planned start (doesn't look pretty on the Gantt chart)
> 2) Roll up the new start date to the task level manually
> 3) Create a macro to do the rollup - keeping in mind that if there are
> multiple assignments on the task, that you need to handle the logic
>
> --
> Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
> Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com
>
> "Jim Sipe" <JimSipe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Sorry . . .  running PS 2007 with June CU.
> >
> > "Jim Sipe" wrote:
> >
> >> When a user modifies the start date in My Tasks and published to the PM,
> >> the
> >> correct dates show in the "change acceptance" window; however, the new
> >> date
> >> does not show correctly in the client task start date field.  The gantt
> >> chart
> >> does show that the task has been delayed (with a dotted line) with the
> >> task
> >> starting at the new start date.  The dotted line starts at the old start
> >> date.  Changing finish dates appear to work correctly.
> >>
> >> Suggestions

Jim:

The good news: When the user posts an actual start date, the dates
automatically true-up.

--

> OK, it all makes sense now.  Thanks for everyones help on this.
>
> Jim
>
> "Gary L. Chefetz" wrote:
>
>> Jim:
>>
>> This is a common misunderstanding about how this feature works. You need
>> keep in mind that your resource is changing the task at the assignment
>> level. So, apply an assignment view such as Task Usage or Resource Usage,
>> and you should see the new date for the assignment. These changes do not
>> roll up automatically because you can have multiple assignments on a task
>> and Microsoft obviously didn't want to delve into the business logic to
>> control the rollup. So, you have a couple of choices:
>>
>> 1) Live with the discrepancy between task planned start and assignment
>> planned start (doesn't look pretty on the Gantt chart)
>> 2) Roll up the new start date to the task level manually
>> 3) Create a macro to do the rollup - keeping in mind that if there are
>> multiple assignments on the task, that you need to handle the logic
>>
>> --
>> Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
>> Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com
>> FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com
>> BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com
>>
>> "Jim Sipe" <JimSipe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Sorry . . .  running PS 2007 with June CU.

0
Gary

date problem
I want to be able to type 110503 and have it show up as 11/05/03 so I selected that date format. Problem is when I type 110503 I get 7/19/06. Is there any way to do this? Excel counts the number of days from its base date - in your case I assume that you are using the 1904 date system - and formats it to look like a date. Try entering today's date and then re-formatting it as General - you should see 36756. Excel therefore takes your entry of 110503 as day 110503 from the start date of 1/1/1904 which is 19 July 2206 in your selected format it shows up as 1/19/06 HTH Sandy -- to ...

MEET & DATE MORE LADIES EASILY (Proven) sssss 4349 [1/7]
Sexually attract women easily and instantly with pheromones Pheromones are the Key to ATTRACTION With ease pheromones will help attract and arouse women on a primordial level (animal subconscious). Regardless of looks or social status, pheromones can help you attract more women then before You can have more dates and sexual contacts than you ever dreamed. SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN TO WORK!!!! Just recently the pheromones were reported on The Learning Channel (TLC) Feb 14 2001 as being effective for men to attract women READ FOR YOURSELF http://www.nymphosam.com ...

change an excel flowchart to power point slide without gridlines?
I am trying to convert a flowchart to a powerpoint slide without the gridlines and keep the text within the boxes on my flowchart ...

Fill color by date
I'm working with Exel 2007. I made a simple spreadsheet with several due dates of a particular project. The spreadsheet shows when a person first came onto the company, and I need to track when their evaluations are due. The first is due 30 days after, 10 months after and a year after the initial hire date. I'd like to be able to turn the cell yellow two weeks before the review date, and red on or after the due date. I'm somewhat familiar with Excel, but it's been several years since I've had to write formulas. Thank you for your time!! You'd use Conditional For...

Color coding dates in excel
Hi , I am trying to set upo a spreadsheet to track stock market purchases,dividends etc. I have date columns, however I would like to be able to color code the dates. Say blue for dates between 01/07/2006 and 30/o6/2007 red for 01/07/2007 to 30/06/2008 green for 01/07/2008 to 30/06/2009 etc is there a formula I can input to set this up? Conditional formatting is the facility doing such jobs. In Excel2003 and below you can set max 3 conditions, in Excel2007 there is no limit. Regards, Stefi „Hilly” ezt írta: > Hi , > I am trying to set upo a spreadsheet to track stock market...

Changing default font size
I have Publisher 2007 and the default font size is too small for my purposes. How do I make a new font size the default for all publications? Jeff Setting Text Defaults using Normal.pub by Brian Kvalheim http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/normal.pub -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Jeff Stanton" <jstanton@hughes.net> wrote in message news:YXAuk.2771$676.2369@newsfe01.iad... >I have Publisher 2007 and the default font size is too small for my purposes. >How do I make a new font size the default for all publications? > > Jeff > > Mary,...

Change the size of the data labels
How do I change the size of a data label in a pie chart? I am getting unusable wrapping of text when I have plently of room if I could only resize the label box. All I've been able to do is move the label. Thanks, DLIE Unfortunately, Excel does not trust its users to resize data labels, chart titles, or axis titles. If you need this level of control, you need to replace the data labels with text boxes. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ DrLostinExcel wrote: > How do I change t...

Date: mm/dd/yyyy with no hyphens
I was wondering if there was a way I could allow a user to enter a date of birth as 03141980 and have Excel break it out as 03/14/1980?????? or even allow them to enter 031480 and have Excel break it out as 03/14/1980? Thanks in advance. Daniel Bob Phillips and others created a utility you can download that allows quick entry of dates: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.QDEDownload.html Another option would be to key in the day as text (set the cells to text first), then use a formula in another cell to convert: A1: 031480 B1: =TEXT(A1,"00\-00\-00")*1 and format B1 as dat...

Change layout from 2page booklet to 4 pg.8.5x11 layout
Microsoft Publisher 2003 Downloaded a newsletter-set up as two-page booklet to print on 11x17. Need to print each of the 4 pages 2-sided on 8.5x11. Have tried all changes to page layouts, master pg. etc. Can this be down, if so, how? Have deadlines to meet. THANKS! I think I would open a second Publisher session and do some copy/pasting. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Abarr" <Abarr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29B2B79A-7D98-4AB0-8D4B-46A8A4F24C06@microsoft.com... > Microsoft Publisher 2003 > > Downloaded a newsletter-set up as two-page booklet ...

Inconsistent date display
I have partial responsibility for a website. On a particular page dates must be displayed. The data is drawn from a backend access database using vbscript. <%=(Recordset1.Fields.Item("News_Date").Value)%> On some computers the date displays in US format, mm/dd/yy and on others I see dd/mm/yy. In all cases, Regional Settings are set to English(Australia) and Location=Australia. Short Date shows as 29-Dec-09. In unrelated access databases, dates show correctly if the texbox format is blank or set to ShortDate. Any ideas on - why the display is inconsistent o...

Date Format #11
I have a user who has 150 or so Excel 2002 xp spreadsheets. The dat format in the cells according to him just changed. I know you ca change the format in each spreadsheet with the format cells option. I there a way to change the date format so it will change all th spreadsheets date formats back at one time -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Electronic Reconcile Management
I have this client that is trying to implement Electronic Reconcile Management however upon setting up the 'ERM Import Setup' using the CSV file type I am required to add in a formula for the DATE field. I add the the length of the various fields and the DATE indicator in the window. Finally I click on the VERIFY button and to get a error message 'SETUP REPORTS'. The other formula fields work without incident. Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice More Fun with Fluent NHibernate Automapping http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/50aa9...

Task List
A great convenience would be to show the task list as well as my inbox. Any way to show it ? TIA ~~N~~ Not until Office 2007. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, ~~Nightcrawler~~ asked: | A great convenience would be to show the task list as well as my | inbox. Any way to show it ? TIA | | ~~N~~ ...

actualdurationminutes Task issue
Hi all, I need help about "actualdurationminutes" field in the task form. This is the situation: I create a new task and I set the duration of 1 day in the "actualdurationminutes" field. When the I close the task, a workflow starts: it send an email to our controller inbox. This email reports some informations about the closed task: Subject, Description and Duration (actualdurationminutes). If I set "actualdurationminutes" = 1 day in the email appears 24 hours. It's not correct because I don't work 24 hours per day, but 8 hours per day. Can somebody hel...

Date formatting again!
Thanks for the formula it works well! However I am unsure why you sa that excel doesnt recognise this format. Whaen you put 1st in cell a1, 2nd in cell a2 and 3rd in cell a3 - yo can then highlight these cells and, using the bottom right cell too you can drag the rest of the numbers out. The first that excel will d is apply "th" to the number 4! How does excel know how to do this if i doesnt recognise the format? Dya see my point -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Andy, Excel recognises the series, 1st, 2nd, 3rd as ordinal numbers, but it doesn't recognise dat...

Unable to Open Attachment Task Pane in Outlook 2007
I am totally unable to open the very useful Attachment Options Task Pane in Outlook 2007. I press the little icon in the corner of the 'Include' section in the ribbon, but nothing happens. The other Windows and Panes selectable from the other ribbon options all open OK (Clipboard, text, Options etc), but not the Attachment Options. Any ideas please? -- Neil You'll first need to attach a file before you are able to click on the small icon. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downl...

the date heading is not displayed correctly
after the 2010 started my oulook has lost it original heading.. before on my outlook home page I would see the date at the top of the page it would say for example (Thursday, January 21, 2010). But now when i open my outlook it says only( 1/20/2010) I believe I have looked through all the menus and have done extensitve searches to try to find answers. this is really frustrating me if you have any sugguestions it would be greatly appreicated thank you Julie It’s the long date format on your computer. http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/dateformat.htm -- Diane Po...

Date sort problems
I have a data base in Excel on A Mac with one column listing dates. I need to sort the data into date order but some of the date entries appear not to be treated as dates. The format tab indicates that all the entries ARE dates, but if I do a DATEVALUE() on the range, some convert to numbers but others to "VALUE". Even if I re-enter the dates manually, they still do not sort porperly. Anyone able to help please? When I switched from Mac to PC some years ago, I had trouble with dates created on a Mac because it uses the 1904 date system, while PCs use the 1900 system and some dat...

Track Changes and Reviewer/date/time stamp
Scenario: Create a table that reviewers will update and then turn on Track Changes (Draft A). The table is then populated with reviewer comments. Holding the cursor over the comment shows who and when the comment was entered. Now, with track changes still turned on, the author of the file copies and pastes the above table into the same file and removes the comments. This becomes Draft B for comments and the Draft B portion is then updated by reviewers again. When holding the cursor over the Draft B comments, it shows the name/date of the author instead of the person who ent...

Need Help! Changing country
I just moved from Canada to China. In Canada, when each new contact popup, the default long distance prefix is of Canada. But after backing up the Outlook folders and now moved to China, and restore the data to a new system, Outlook still insists that the default country for new contact is Canada. I've set the Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Location to China, but with no effect on Outlook whatsoever. Please if anyone can help... Thanks You seem to have neglected to reset the default dialing location for the operating system. ------ Russ Valentine [MVP-Out...

setting converted file's date based from original file's
Hi all, I was struggling with writing a script that would help me with a task of setting original file's creation date on converted files. Unfortuneatly being very new to powershell I couldn't come up with any solution. Scenario is as follows: Lets say you've made a bunch of family movies with your digital camera. You've downloaded your movies to PC.Lets say you've converted your videos to xvid or any other format. Your files' date is set to the day you've converted them. It would be so nice to have them redate to their original creation date to be abl...

Import Timesheet into Tasks
All, The dropdown list to select a timesheet in the "Import Timesheet" page (resultant of clicking on "Import Timesheet" from "My Tasks" page) is HUGE. It is so big because it includes every period since we started using Project Server 2007. Is there a way to sort this list, descending order?? Is there a way to shorten this list, by any criteria?? Thanks so much. ...

Hard-coding a date
I'm trying to hard-code a date onto a report. I know I have to use a text box and then use the builder for the control source. I also know I have to use the format and date functions, but I can't figure out the correct formatting for the expression. This is what I have been typing in: format date() "MMMM D, YYYY" but it never works. Erin - To format today's date, use this as the control source of your field: =format(date(), "MMMM D, YYYY") -- Daryl S "ErinCullen" wrote: > I'm trying to hard-code a date onto a re...

Access date to age
is there any way to calculate age from 2 date fields in years See this function: http://allenbrowne.com/func-08.html It takes 2 dates, and gives the age (in whole years) as of a particular date. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "skrysiak" <skrysiak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6A7BECA-C98C-4A02-AC2D-DCE8DAD902EC@microsoft.com... > is there any way to calculate age from 2 date fields in years skrysiak wro...

Money 2003 transaction date
my downloaded transaction dates are one day behind the bank transaction date - anyone with the same problem or fix? ...