Security Settings in P2007 server

which security settings allow a user the ability to create an Issue or risk
for a project.

I have created a new group, catagory and template and everything works
except that they cannot create a new risk or issue on any of the projects
they have access to.

Any ideas?
--
Sharktracker

Can you tell us which of the SharePoint Security groups the users are
showing up under?  My guess is they are showing up under Readers ...

- Web Administrators (Microsoft Office Project Server)  DESCRIPTION: Users
who have Manage Windows SharePoint Services permission in Microsoft Office
Project Server.
- Project Managers (Microsoft Office Project Server)  DESCRIPTION: Users who
have published this project or who have Save Project permission in Microsoft
Office Project Server.
 - Team members (Microsoft Office Project Server)  DESCRIPTION: Users who
have assignments in this project in Microsoft Office Project Server.
- Readers (Microsoft Office Project Server)  DESCRIPTION: Users who have
been added to this project in Microsoft Office Project Server, but not
assigned to tasks.

The descriptions here are explanations of how users get into each of these
groups via PWA security synchronization.  The Web Admin and PM groups are
the only one that are controlled by PWA security permissions, the global
permission "Manage Windows SharePoint Services" and the category permission
"Save Project to Project Server" respectively.

Jonathan Sofer

"SharkTracker" <SharkTracker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> which security settings allow a user the ability to create an Issue or
> risk
> for a project.
>
> I have created a new group, catagory and template and everything works
> except that they cannot create a new risk or issue on any of the projects
> they have access to.
>
> Any ideas?
> --
> Sharktracker

0
Jonathan
12/16/2009 10:42:58 PM
Are you certain that the resources have "published" assignments in the
projects? If a resource is on the project team, the resource gets reader
rights. Once the resource has an assignment in the project that is
published, the resource gets contributor rights.

--
Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP
msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com

"SharkTracker" <SharkTracker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> which security settings allow a user the ability to create an Issue or
> risk
> for a project.
>
> I have created a new group, catagory and template and everything works
> except that they cannot create a new risk or issue on any of the projects
> they have access to.
>
> Any ideas?
> --
> Sharktracker

0
Gary
12/17/2009 2:32:36 PM
That worked thanks.
--
Sharktracker

"Jonathan Sofer [MVP]" wrote:

> Can you tell us which of the SharePoint Security groups the users are
> showing up under?  My guess is they are showing up under Readers ...
>
> - Web Administrators (Microsoft Office Project Server)  DESCRIPTION: Users
> who have Manage Windows SharePoint Services permission in Microsoft Office
> Project Server.
> - Project Managers (Microsoft Office Project Server)  DESCRIPTION: Users who
> have published this project or who have Save Project permission in Microsoft
> Office Project Server.
>  - Team members (Microsoft Office Project Server)  DESCRIPTION: Users who
> have assignments in this project in Microsoft Office Project Server.
> - Readers (Microsoft Office Project Server)  DESCRIPTION: Users who have
> been added to this project in Microsoft Office Project Server, but not
> assigned to tasks.
>
> The descriptions here are explanations of how users get into each of these
> groups via PWA security synchronization.  The Web Admin and PM groups are
> the only one that are controlled by PWA security permissions, the global
> permission "Manage Windows SharePoint Services" and the category permission
> "Save Project to Project Server" respectively.
>
> Jonathan Sofer
>
> "SharkTracker" <SharkTracker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > which security settings allow a user the ability to create an Issue or
> > risk
> > for a project.
> >
> > I have created a new group, catagory and template and everything works
> > except that they cannot create a new risk or issue on any of the projects
> > they have access to.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> > --
> > Sharktracker

Old DPM server can still manage moved protection server
Recently I needed to move some protected servers from DPM1 to DPM2. So on the protected servers I successfully ran the SetDPMServer.exe command to point it to DPM2. Then on DPM2, I ran the Attach- ProductionServer.ps1 cmdlet. I've done this dozens of times and all the commands worked fine. I created a protection group for the protected server on DPM2, the replicas were created successfully, and backups are fine. However back on DPM1, the protected server still shows up as OK under Management -> Agents. This must have happened last week as well, because I did the same process ...

CRM and Exchange Server 2007
I have three servers in my organization. One of them is DC and Exchange Server 2007 (Server A). One of them is Dynamics CRM and SharePoint 2007 (Server B). One of them is ISA Server 2006 (Server C). How can I install CRM Exchange E-mail Router in ServerA. The documentation of Router Update (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=f7656f0f-4195-4a7d-b654-2786787e1422&DisplayLang=en) indicates the following: "Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server or Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 must be installed and operational on the computer that the Router is to be installed. NOTE...

Set accNewRecord from on close event?
I know this must be easy but, I’m stumped. I want to do the following things when a pop up form (thePopUp) is closed… Requery a different sub form (theSubForm) that will be open when thePopUp is open(got that figured out) Set the focus of that same sub form to a new record row So my On Close event of the pop up looks like this: Private Sub ThePopUp_Close () ‘This works… Forms!theMainform!theSubForm.Requery ‘Here is where I’m having the problem… ‘This blows up… DoCmd.GoToRecord acDataForm, Forms!theMainform!theSubFormControl.SourceObject, acNewRec End Sub Any assistance is apprec...

No password needed to access email? How do I become more secure?
New to Microsoft Outlook. I'm a previous Outlook Express user, and was able to manage my identities, thus providing more secruity in "others" reading my emails. Is this not an option in Micro Oulook? I was planning to switch over after my soon to be ex, rebooted Windows while I was out of town and basically deleted everything. No back up disk. Starting all over :( You could put a password on your PST file so that a password would be needed to open it. In Outlook, right click on the root of your folder tree, choose Properties > Advanced > Change Password "...

Event ID 7010 and 7004 between EX2003 servers
Hello, I have 3 different exchange servers, different domains also. To send mail between the servers i use an SMTP connector and for 2 of the 3 servers this works fine. For the third server i can send e-mail to internet e-mail, get mail from over the internet, get mail from the other 2 servers but when i want to send e-mail to the other two servers i get this on my third new server (sending server): Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: SMTP Protocol Event ID: 7004 Date: 16/07/2004 Time: 23:24:43 User: N/A Computer: SPSERVER10 Description: This is an SM...

How to set a surcharge if they don't buy by the pound
I have an item code (ex 1b) which represent bolts. When we enter that code it prompts us for the price. But the thing is this we have a set price for different bolts when they buy per pound, but I want to create an option so that if they don't buy by the pound they pay 20% more. (Ex. 3/4 pound, 20% more of the 1 pound price (2.49, etc). Jimmy, If its asking for a price, how would RMS know to increase it? If your people are looking at some kind of price list, make another column for the clerk to enter. 1# price is 1.00 <1# price is 1.20 -- = "Jimmy" <info@elelyo...

Error: unable to set the value property of the series class
Hi I have a serious problem with a chart that I made using VBA. I get the error: Runtime error 1004: "Unable to set the values property of the series class" and sometimes the same error but just for the named property of the series. The chart is a standard lines chart. I hope somebody can help me Below is the section of code that is flagged: Sub ChartOptions() ' this sets up the QC Graph for the main lab with Chart title, ' axis title and scale of Y-axis according to each parameter Sheets("Calcs").Select ActiveCell = Cells(3, 2) ActiveCell.Offset(...

Reporting Services and CRM Server in same directory
I have installed Reporting Services and the CRM Server in the same directory. This is a pilot program install. I am now getting the below error which is addressed with KB Article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948012 which resolution 2 does not seeem to work. I am now faced with reinstalling the CRM Server or Reporting Server, which is easier to recover from if I have to do them? An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details. (rsInternalError) Get Online Help Error executing child request for /ReportServer/Pages/ ReportViewer.aspx. The type Microsoft.Crm...

Cure for showing service calendar and settings button in web client with outlook open
delete cookies in IE.. yeah i know.. it sounds just too simple to believe.. if that doesn't do it.. delete all offline files as well (cache). I have no clue how often CRM gives you cookies.. but this has been working for me for several days. I now always have the settings button and the service calendar available.. i don't have to open web client first before i open outlook etc.. YMMV - but hope this helps now if someone can help me figure out the syntax for showing the service calendar in the outlook client.. that would be spiffy. accounts for example is: http://dc01/_root/stage....

HELP ! Windows Server 2003 SP2 boots indefinitely
Hello, Since the last Microsoft Update (last week) two of my servers Windows server 2003 SP2, where the update was accepted, boot and reboot indefinitely. The other servers Win 2003 which didn't accept the update are running fine. How can I get rid of this last update ? Or can we correct this awful bug? I need your help ! Thanks You can uninstall it from the recovery console. From the recovery console command line navigate to; %SystemRoot%\$NtUninstallKBxxxxxx$\spuninst where xxxxxx is the KB article number you want to uninstall. and execute BATCH spuninst.t...

Calendar Settings
I have a blackberry curve which I sync to outlook on my pc. I think I have something set incorrectly on one of the 2 programs which causes all the birthdays and anniversarys to cover 2 days on the calendar when I sync. I have corrected them all on my phone however, I am afraid to sync for fear of reversing all the changes I made. All calendar changes are made on the phone and update the pc when I sync. Is there a way to check the settings so I don't repeat the same problem and undo everything again? Check both devices - make sure the time zone and daylight time settings are ...

Post card print settings
Hi, I am trying to print postcards from a mail merge onto cardstock. Does anyone know what settings I would need to make to have it print two fronts then two backs onto the card stock? It keeps printing duplicates on the same page, I want two different addressees per page. Can anyone help? I am printing to a Dell 1320c What version Publisher? If you are using 2007: After you have setup your page, File, Print Merge, Multiple pages per sheet. There is a print preview on this page, it should show different data on each card. Turn the cards over and print the second side. You'd ...

Problem with Mailbox Storage Limits
Ok... here is one that is bugging the hell out of me. I have a EVS server called NYMAIL1. In the mailbox store properties under Limits, I set up a Prohibit Send at 125000 (kb). I have no other settings for warning or prohibit send/receive. I have a user John that likes to have a large email mailbox. I set up on his ADUC account under Exchange General / Storage Limits... a Prohibit Send setting of 800000 (kb). I have prohibit send/received unchecked and send warning unchecked. I also have use mailbox store limits unchecked for his mailbox. John's mailbox is currently 575...

unable to set the numberformat of the range class
I was graciously given some code to format some cells for different currencies (yen, euro, dollar) based upon selecting the currency in one cell (k5) in my requisition. I got it to work, ready to launch the new form for use by my engineers, so I add protection. Now it seems I cannot protect those cells I want to format, in order for the code to work. Instead I get the error in the subject line of this post. Anyone know the fix? Below is the code, and btw, "worksheet" and "calculate" are the selections made at the top of the code window. Troy Private Sub Worksheet_Calcul...

setting up banks
During the initial setup of Money 2003 I am asked to select my bank. The list oonly gives me the names of banks in Venezuela. It doesn't matter how I alter my country or language settings, Venezuela is my only option for banks. Even with USA selected for all defaults, Venezuelan banks are still my only option. How do I change this?? ...

Payables Vendor Additional Security
We recommend adding functionality to Payables Management that would provide an extra layer of security by Vendor Class. This would be added to the system security or the Vendor Class setup to specify if the class requires extra security and to designate what users are assigned access to the Vendor Class. For example, some vendors which may be banks or Executives may store sensitive information that should not be available to general users including the Payables clerk. This would allow designating only specific users to access the specific Vendor Class, enter transactions, and view...

Logging into exchange without setting up account
This may be a very stupid inquiry, but just curious. My company is going to migrating to a exchange 2003 platform, and I was hoping to gather some suggestions on how to configure users outlook accounts on their pc's. In hopes of avoiding having to go to each pc and add the exchange account for outlook 2003, Is there a way to have a login prompt once they launch outlook???? Similar to what comes up when you use Outlook Web Acess. Since we run Terminal Services with roaming profiles, this will be necessary because the local cache of the profile is deleted once the user logs off the serve...

changing IP of the exchange server
Hi, I have windows 2003 with exchange 2003 server, running perfectly fine. Recently I have been assigned with a new IP address from my ISP and so I have to use the new IP address instead of the old one(It is a public IP address.) My query is can I change the old IP address to the new one without affecting the functionality of the server. Is this a working scenario.I don't want to try and disturb the current setup Please advice. Regards Vic On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 16:01:51 +0400, "Vikrant" <vikrant_nath@hotmail(removethispart).com> wrote: > >Hi, > >I ha...

Anyway to see if limits are NOT set on a mailbox without opening it?
I want to be able to see is some of my mailboxes do not have any limits set. I added STORAGE LIMITS to the view but that does not show anything if I have ISSUE WARNING checked but NOTHING checked under PROHIBITED SEND AND RECIEVE. I would like to be able to see which mailboxes have my default PROHIBIT SEND AND RECIEVE and which one do not have any PROHIBIT SEND AND RECIEVE. Currently, I have to open each mailbox. Is there a way I can do this? Thanks. With Storage limits showing the following should apply: Below Limit....................Below warning limits Issue Warning...........

Exchange Serive and Outside pop server
Can someone help me setting this up, I running exchange 5.5 on a windows 2000 server, I also have an outside pop server. When a outlook client chooses an exchange recepient to mail to I want it to route to the pop server NOT directly to the recepients exchange mailbox. I have outlook setup with an pop3 account and exchange. Thanks so much! "=?Utf-8?B?TWFudWVsIFJvYmxlcw==?=" <Manuel Robles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:34EDEC7F-C670-48A6-82E2-ED46AA55AB01@microsoft.com: > Can someone help me setting this up, I running exchange 5.5 on a > windows 2000 ser...

Help: Messages Disappear from Inbox Current View is set to Message
Hi: We are using Outlook 2002 SP2 and XP Pro SP1. Messages are disappearing from my inbox. I checked google and MS knowledge base. The current view for my inbox is set to message and not unread messages. The only other twist is that I have two accounts one is a pop3 and the other is imap. These accounts have two separate inboxes in their own folders. Any suggestions, TIA, Mariela I would double check your rules to make sure people are not being added to your junk senders list by accident. Dave >-----Original Message----- >Hi: > >We are using Outlook 2002 SP2 and XP ...

How to restore security permission
Call me stupid, for that's what I've done. In ESM>frist admin group>servers>myserver1>properties>security>authenticated users, i applied "deny" to all permissions. And as you can image I'm now running wild for a way to regain access to this item. Please help! Try to take ownership of admin group in adsiedit. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Conuews" <Conuews@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5202277-1864-4465-A4FE-E9A3A00EFAEB@mi...

Outlook 2000 SR-1 Security Feature
After installing MS Outlook 2000 SR1, I am unable to open file attachments by double clicking on them. I am required to save them to disk before opening them. Is there an option to turn this off in Outlook 2000 SR-1 and go ahead and open these from within Outlook? Any registry settings to disable this security feature? Thanks in advance, Drew Hargrave, MCSE, MCSA, CCNA Network Engineer ahargrave@avazpour.com Avazpour Networking Services, Inc. 3822 Summit Kansas City, MO 64111 http://www.avazpour.com (816) 531-8777 ext 348 Mind your business, Not your network! Unless you...

Backup SQL Server 2008
Hi, I am trying to backup databases on my SQL Server 2008 X64 running on Server 2008. This has always worked nicely, but lately for some reason, I am unable to see the SQL databases in the DPM console, and therefore i cannot add the databases to the protection group. I am currently testing DPM 2010 but the problem was also in DPM 2007. Any advise on how to troubleshoot this? /Rune Is SQL Writer Service running on the SQL sever? -- Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA Houston, TX http://blogs.sivarajan.com/ http://www.sivarajan.c...

Object Explorer doesn't connect to server specified at startup
Hi Everybody, I'm constantly trying to shrink regular responsibilities into a single- click icon. Want me to check the server's hard drive size? I've got a script that gets hard drive space and sends a text report via SQL mail; all I need to do is click the SQLCMD batch file on my desktop. When starting SQL Server Management Studio (2005), I don't want to specify my server name, login, password, or the database I need; I prefer to run my desktop batch file that contains the following command: SqlWb.exe -E -S myservername -d testdb -nosplash This gets me into...