Ressource Name for External Link

Dear All,

When connecting a user and going to his project on PWA, Ressources names
appear. However, if the link is an external to another project, the name of
the External Ressource name does not appear.
Thanks

yann --

This is not a bug in the software.  External links only include a small
amount of information, and does not include the resources assigned to the
external task.  Furthermore, there is no way to force the external task to
display resource names, but perhaps you could write custom code in VBA to
extract this information.  Hope this helps.

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]
VP of Educational Services

"yann" <yann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear All,
>
> When connecting a user and going to his project on PWA, Ressources names
> appear. However, if the link is an external to another project, the name
> of
> the External Ressource name does not appear.
> Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
> Thanks

0
Dale

Mixing Local And External mail Accounts on same domain name
Please can any one help. Our local mail accounts are blah@ourdomain.co.uk. These are picked up from our ISP using the POP3 account ourdomain.co.uk, however we have some external mailboxes at our ISP for external users mailbox1-20@ourdomain.co.uk. How do I get exchange to send to the external mailboxes. Currently, the system thinks that the external mailboxes1-20 are local and do not exist. It sends me an error message back. I have a SMTP Connector with a smart host specified but it only seems to relay messages with domains the system knows are not local. Thanks for any resonses in advance,...

underscores in the server name--affect on BP
Hello: I read somewhere that the server that you use for Business Portal 4.0 should not have underscores in its name. Our internal IT staff set up a server for me to use today to install MOSS, BP, etc. on it. It just dawned on me, though, that this test server has two underscores in its name. Is this really going to be a problem? Is there any sort of remedy? I don't suppose renaming the server is an option, huh? childofthe1980s It's a bug or a fix depending on how you look at it. Check out this link and it should answer your question. My gut tells me if you type in the h...

Excel 2003 . . . Can't Delete Corrupted Defined Names
I have an Excel workbook that I created way back when I was using Win 95. I used it for the years I had Win 98, and now I'm using it under Win XP Pro. My problem is that long ago two of the Defined Names apparently became corrupted, and I want to delete them. When I click the Delete option, it goes smoothly, but the names remain unscathed. One name has a definition that refers to a non-existent workbook, and the other contains a #REF! in it. How can I make them go away?? Hi try the following add-in to find/delete these links: http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink....

change column names to letters
Normally column headers have names using letters and row header has names using numerals. In my excel numerals are used to define both columns & rows headers. Normally you have A1 cell, and I have R1C1. How can I change to normal headers, so that Columns header would consist of letters, and rows header consist of numerals? Thank you very much. Tools>Options>General, uncheck R1C1 Reference style -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Raimundas Dundulis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01e601c3a7b9$657d6190$a301280a@phx....

How to enable htolinks links in Junk Mail folder messages?
HI: I am using office 2007 and OutLook. I receive a lot of junk mail, but occasionally I see something interesting. I find it annoying that I cannot visit a link directly from a message in the junk e-mail folder and have to move the file back to my inbox. How do I disable this enhancement? I looked at the help and had no success. I do want to keep the phishing links disabled. TIA, Pete Peter de B. Harrington <peter.harrington@ohio.edu> wrote: > I am using office 2007 and OutLook. I receive a lot of junk mail, but > occasionally I see something interesting. I fin...

Issues with a deleted field that is linked to a form
Hi there I careated a form which used a field which I have deleted from my database because it wasn't needed. Now everyone I open the database, a missing parameter.value text box keeps popping up. What is the best way to delete this field without this recurring message? Thank you On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 14:43:01 -0700, forest8 <forest8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi there > >I careated a form which used a field which I have deleted from my database >because it wasn't needed. > >Now everyone I open the database, a missing parameter....

Create a lookup in Contacts for Account Name
I have three fields in my contacts form that relates to Account Names, but not the parent account name. Is there a way for me to create lookups on the Contact form and map them to my three custom attributes? I am not opposed to creating a new custom entity if needed. Thanks. In you case, you are looking to create 3 additional relationships to Account, which would then add the needed lookups. Unfortunately, in v3, there is not supported way to create multple relationships between entities. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM <nospam@meatonconsulting.com> wrote in message n...

the import external feature
the import external data feature isn't shown in Exel 2003 File Menu, even it's set in the Extras-Options menu as described in Online Help ...

using the same name reference in multiple worksheets
Hi all, Dumb question, but I can't seem to get it to work... 2 spreadsheets ... In spreadsheet 1 (Year 2001), in formulas within that spreadsheet refer to, say, "Total" as ='Year 2001'!$10:$10. In spreadsheet 2 (Year 2002), in formulas I refer to "Total" ='Yea 2002'!$3:$3. But I can't seem to use the "Insert/Name/Define" function properly s that 2 ranges in separate worksheets refer to the same 'name' (if the were the same line, ie. both line 10, I would be fine). Any ideas, arghhh... -- eric -------------------------------...

Compare Last name in Column to Business Name in another column
Hi All, I have 2 columns: Column A is "Last Name" Column B is "Business Name" I would like to indicate in Column C if the last name is locate anywhere in the Business Name column. For example: Column A = "Smith" Column B = "Smith, Varney, Ross Insurance Inc." or Column A = "Smith" Column B = "John J. Smith, M.D. LLC" Either of the above would give a match and need to be indicated in third column with text like "Matched" or something similar. I'm sure this is a simple text string comp...

Workbook name as variable to another workbook
Hi, Can you save a specific workbook name as a variable, to be used in a different macro? i need the variable to be saved and available to return to the specific workbook open if i have a lot of books open to complete the task. Regards, nigel Option Explicit Dim myWkbkName As String Sub runmefirst() myWkbkName = ThisWorkbook.Name End Sub Sub runmesecond() MsgBox myWkbkName End Sub If you execute runmefirst first, then runmesecond, you'll see that myWkbkname is available in the second. If you need to put the routines in different modules, declare myWkbkName as Public: Publ...

Dynamic Offsetting, Names, Arrays, Range, Chart Values. NEED HELP
Hi, I would like to enter values into a Chart from a Named Array(Range). The Array should not be an actual Range, but a virtual array based on logic applied to a Range. In my case picking values in ColumnB based on values in ColumnA Ideally I woud like to write something like: Chartvalues:= OFFSET(ColumnA;INT(ColumnA/3);1) and then make a Chart out of it. (I actually want to do something more complex: a variable-width bar chart using an X/Y scatter, w/o using Bullen's method) My problem is that ONE offset is applied on the whole array, and not DYNAMICALLY to the different items. Need...

Linking projects
I have copied 5 tasks from a project and linked them in a consolidated project using the 'Paste Special' command. This almost works well because any changes I make to the tasks in the original project are reflected in the consolidated project except the % complete shown in the indicators column. For some reason, when I make any changes to the % complete in the original project, the changes arent reflected in the consolidated project (and vice versa). I'm presuming that % complete should be updated like any other field therefore any help would be appreciated. -- sho...

Access the "automatically suggest a name to enter" data ?
When typing in a name in a new e-mail, Outlook automatically suggests a name to enter, and I like this. However, I have many in there that I would like to add to my contacts. At present I do not want to type in "a" and then sellect one, then add it to my Outlook contacts etc and then repeat all they way through to "Z" Other than doing this ONE at a time, is there another way? Thanks You can't even add them one at a time the way you suggest. You can only add your autocompletion cache to your Contacts using third party software. http://www.ingressor.com/deskt...

link chart title?
I've learned about dynamic charts in this forum which has been very helpful in autmating some charts that I use. I would also like the chart title be linked in some way to a cell. Is that possible? Hi, Here are a couple of explanations. http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_chart_title/fp_tutorial.html http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm Cheers Andy Dave Breitenbach wrote: > I've learned about dynamic charts in this forum which has been very helpful > in autmating some charts that I use. I would also like the chart title be > linked in some way to a...

External Mail to Public Folders
Sorry for the dumb question, but I seem to be missing what security settings are required on a given public folder for external mail to go to it. I thought it was just the "Annonymous" set to allow to Create Items, but it's not working. Thanks for help! Tim Tim wrote: > Sorry for the dumb question, but I seem to be missing what security > settings are required on a given public folder for external mail to go > to it. I thought it was just the "Annonymous" set to allow to Create > Items, but it's not working. > Thanks for help! > Tim Anonymo...

Multiple charts with same serie names
I want to have the same color in all four of my line charts per series. All charts have the same series name. Is there some type of VBA code that I can run a macro to achieve this ? example: boat = green line mnotorcycle = yellow line auto = red line Hi, You could avoid VBA, maybe, by choosing Tools, Options, Color and setting the first three colors of the Chart fills aor Chart lines area depending on the type of charts you are using. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Jennifer" wrote: > I want to have the same color in all four of m...

create defined name using variable file name in reference
please help in create defined name EXAMPLe: create name : ACCPath ---- Referes to (='E:\Data Folder\[externa work book.xlsx]sheet1'!$K$8:$K$10000) this works I NEED to put (external work book.xlsx) in a cell and refere to it as variable in the referes to (='E:\Data Folder\[&U2&]sheet1'!$K$8:$K$10000) where U2 having the file name because it is changing meny times Activeworkbook.Names.Add Name:="ACCPath", RefersTo:= "=" & Activesheet.Range("U2").Value2 --- HTH Bob Phillips "hala" <hala@discussions.mi...

Unable to receive External email
Hi, I tried to do testing as following. I create email using crm domain account. email is sent to yahoo/hotmail account. When i check the yahoo/hotmail account, i can see the message. then i reply the message. but this message will never come into my crm domain account. Can someone help me out on how to solve this issue? Thx Carrie Check the event log on your exchange server. please also provide additonal information like: CRM version : Router = Installed/not-installed Exchange server : ------ Aamir Blog = http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ Hi Aamir, I did not see any error on e...

Why do series names on charts disappear when re-opening excel?
I have set up some bar charts in excel to display the series names and values of each series. However, when I close the application and re-open it, the series names are gone. I have checked the chart options, and the series name box is still checked. How do I fix this? Thanks ...

convert a string into a textbox name
Trying to loop to load different textbox Textbox1, Textbox2, Textbox3 ect n = 1 xCt = 15 xText = 35 Do while xCt > 0 Textbox(n) = xText n = n + 1 xCt = xCt - 1 xText = xText + 3 Loop It would help you get a helpful answer if you provided... Excel version? Where the code is located? Where the textboxes are located What kind of textboxes are they (or how you created them)? What is the problem? What is the question? -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.contextures.com/excel-sort-addin.html (30 different ways to sort in excel) "Gordon" <gwelch...

ADP + MSSQL (ADO) vs. ACCDB + linked MSSQL (DAO).
We have 4 computers in a small network and we use ACCDB. In order to avoid errors that can appear with unstable connection and improved back upping I’m going to migrate from ACCDB to MSSQL Express. The question is following: which technology to use? ADP + MSSQL (ADO) or ACCDB + linked MSSQL (DAO). Misha wrote: > We have 4 computers in a small network and we use ACCDB. In order to avoid > errors that can appear with unstable connection and improved back upping I’m > going to migrate from ACCDB to MSSQL Express. The question is following: > which technology to use? ADP...

#REF Links
Why do I get a #REF error or #VALUE error with a spreadsheet tha calculates from another workbook? If I go to edit links and open th source document, the formulas "magically" fix themselves. Still, it' frustrating having to open the source file to fix -- rndyda ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rndydav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3533 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55103 what formulas? Some, such as INDIRECT only work on OPEN workbooks. -- Don Guillet...

create an index listing where specific names are mentioned
I am writing a history about my Dad and Mom. I want to create an index showing the pages specific names are mentioned. How do I do this. Publisher does not have an Index feature. Use Word. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "family history mama" <family history mama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFF1FE4A-E80F-444F-8E7D-6AA71878D100@microsoft.com... >I am writing a history about my Dad and Mom. I want to create an index > showing the pages specific names are mentioned. How do I do this. ...

Linking Charts to publisher file saved as web page
Good Day I hope someone can help me with this question - I am using publisher 2007 to create a newsletter ( Saved as web page ) on our local intarnet. I am now trying to add / link charts and excel tables to the newsletter. I am only able to paste as picture and have them dynamically update with daily sales for example. Can anyone help me with this . . . I am trying to find a way to insert excel charts and tables into my publisher 2007 webpage and have them automatically update when the excel files update - I do not want to copy and paste and re-publish everyday ...