Resource Units for Tasks entered in PWA differs than tasks entered in Project 2007

Hello,
I have an ePM user asking why if he enters a project task in PWA does
it not check the resource max units allocation the same way as when he
enters a task in Project Professional.

For example:
You have a project where resource A is 50% allocated. When you create
a task in Project Professional for this resource, the resource
allocation is set to 50%.
Create a task under the same project in PWA, submit and approve the
task.
Open project professional and view the task information for the task
entered in PWA, why is the resource allocation set to 100% instead of
50% set for this resource?

Environment -
MICROSOFT OFFICE PROJECT - SERVER
=====================================
Product Version: Project Server 2007
Service Pack: Feb CU

Project Server Application Server
OS/SERVICE PACK: Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise SP2 32-bit
INSTALLED APPLICATIONS:
Project Server 2007
Moss 2007 binaries

Project Server DB Server
OS/SERVICE PACK: Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise SP2 32-bit
INSTALLED APPLICATIONS: SQL Server 2005 SP2

Project Professional Client
Microsoft Office Project 2007 (12.0.6423.1000) SP2 MSO
(12.0.6425.1000)

Does anyone have any insight on this?
Thanks
Mollie
0
Mollie

Mollie:

The simple answer is that the controls in the PWA interface are not as rich
as those in the Project client. Therefore, the Project Manager needs to make
these changes when accepting new task proposals.

--
Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP
msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com

"Mollie" <mollievelasquez@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I have an ePM user asking why if he enters a project task in PWA does
> it not check the resource max units allocation the same way as when he
> enters a task in Project Professional.
>
> For example:
> You have a project where resource A is 50% allocated. When you create
> a task in Project Professional for this resource, the resource
> allocation is set to 50%.
> Create a task under the same project in PWA, submit and approve the
> task.
> Open project professional and view the task information for the task
> entered in PWA, why is the resource allocation set to 100% instead of
> 50% set for this resource?
>
> Environment -
> MICROSOFT OFFICE PROJECT - SERVER
> =====================================
> Product Version: Project Server 2007
> Service Pack: Feb CU
>

> Project Server Application Server
> OS/SERVICE PACK: Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise SP2 32-bit
> INSTALLED APPLICATIONS:
> Project Server 2007
> Moss 2007 binaries
>

> Project Server DB Server
> OS/SERVICE PACK: Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise SP2 32-bit
> INSTALLED APPLICATIONS: SQL Server 2005 SP2
>
> Project Professional Client
> Microsoft Office Project 2007 (12.0.6423.1000) SP2 MSO
> (12.0.6425.1000)
>

> Does anyone have any insight on this?
> Thanks
> Mollie

0
Gary
11/11/2009 4:31:11 PM
On Nov 11, 10:31=A0am, "Gary Chefetz" <g...@chefetz.nospam.org> wrote:
> Mollie:
>
> The simple answer is that the controls in the PWA interface are not as ri=
ch
> as those in the Project client. Therefore, the Project Manager needs to m=
ake
> these changes when accepting new task proposals.
>
> --
> Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP
> msProjectExpertshttp://www.msprojectexperts.com
> FAQs and Referencehttp://www.projectserverexperts.com
> BLOG:http://projectserverhelp.com
>
> "Mollie" <mollievelasq...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hello,
> > I have an ePM user asking why if he enters a project task in PWA does
> > it not check the resource max units allocation the same way as when he
> > enters a task in Project Professional.
>
> > For example:
> > You have a project where resource A is 50% allocated. When you create
> > a task in Project Professional for this resource, the resource
> > allocation is set to 50%.
> > Create a task under the same project in PWA, submit and approve the
> > task.
> > Open project professional and view the task information for the task
> > entered in PWA, why is the resource allocation set to 100% instead of
> > 50% set for this resource?
>
> > Environment -
> > MICROSOFT OFFICE PROJECT - SERVER
> > =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> > Product Version: Project Server 2007
> > Service Pack: Feb CU
>
> > Project Server Application Server
> > OS/SERVICE PACK: Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise SP2 32-bit
> > INSTALLED APPLICATIONS:
> > Project Server 2007
> > Moss 2007 binaries
>
> > Project Server DB Server
> > OS/SERVICE PACK: Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise SP2 32-bit
> > INSTALLED APPLICATIONS: SQL Server 2005 SP2
>
> > Project Professional Client
> > Microsoft Office Project 2007 (12.0.6423.1000) SP2 MSO
> > (12.0.6425.1000)
>
> > Does anyone have any insight on this?
> > Thanks
> > Mollie

Thanks Gary, I've communicated this to my user and he is okay with
your explanation.
Mollie
0
Mollie

Enter network password #10
Upgraded to Outlook 2002 (XP) and I keep getting this annoying Enter Network Password message on all my e-mail accounts. How to fix please? Most likely it wants the password for your email account. Did you enter it correctly when you set up your email accounts? "Edison Stewart" <edison.stewart@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:1dd5401c454d6$8df6e900$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Upgraded to Outlook 2002 (XP) and I keep getting this > annoying Enter Network Password message on all my e-mail > accounts. How to fix please? See if this helps: For Outlook 2000 or 2002 o...

OnKeyDown .... for the <ENTER> Key
As silly as this may sound, I can't find the CWnd member function (if any) that handles the message when the <ENTER> key is pressed. First I thought OnKeyDown, but it doesn't work. Thanks a lot See if these KB articles help you: Q102589 Q122489 "Abelardo Vacca" <vacca@gebo-indust.com> wrote in message news:01d201c34bc8$82f2d2c0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > As silly as this may sound, I can't find the CWnd member > function (if any) that handles the message when the > <ENTER> key is pressed. First I thought OnKeyDown, but it > doesn't work...

running a Macro in 2007 which was created in 2003
Hi there, I hope you can help, I am not VB literate unfortunately but I am trying to run a macro with the following line of code which creates an error: LastRow = Master_Wksht.Range("N" & Rows.Count).End(xlup).Row Is there a change between versions which means this line won't work any more? Simon, That line is fine in E2007 provided you have 'SET' Master_Wksht but if you hadn't done that it wouldn't have run in earlier versions of Excel Set Master_Wksht = Sheets("Sheet1") What have you dimmed LastRow as it should be long. ...

Pivot Table Report: Getting average of difference of two date columns
Hello I have data in excel sheet as: WORK_ID PROJECT START_DT END_DT 1001 P1 1/1/2006 1/10/2006 1002 P1 1/25/2006 2/20/2006 1003 P1 3/15/2006 3/20/2006 I want to have a report that will give me average time taken to finish a work in a project. That is, I have to take average of (end_dt - start_dt) for a project group. How do I do this in a pivot table report. When I use a calculate field to get the days worked for a work_id using DATEDIF(START_DT, END_DT, "D") then excel computes only sum on that (pivot table report ...

Using mixed Resource Types
With the company we have implemented EPM and infrequently the large complex plans fail to 'publish' into PWA. One of the causes thought is that these plans have both cost and work type resources within the same task. Is it good practice to separate these resource types into different tasks? -- joooles Hello joooles, It seems it's a bad pratice. Please see the posts I noticed several month ago: G�rard Ducouret ------------------------------------ If we assign a Cost resource to a task (as the only one resource on that task) and then we enter some % Complete,...

Outlook 2003 ..multiple instances in the task manager
Very often i find that Outlook is running with mulitple instances. and so i have actually have 3 little notificaiton envelopes in the right hand corner of my desktop, telling me i have new mail. THis is an indicator as well as my not being able to get mail for a second group of email accounts that i send/recieve from periodically. Typically when this happens, i also get an error message when i start up that says my outlook file did not close properly and needs to be checked. I have run scanpst.exe and check and repair and everything seems to be okay. I'm not sure if this is an A...

Access 2007 ControlSource code in Report causing shut down
The following code worked successfully in Access 2002 & 2003 but for some reason, the lines that contain ControlSource are causing Access 2007 to shut down and error out. Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. In short, I’m using a combo box on a form “ReportCenter” to change the GroupLevel and textbox values on a report. If I comment out the lines with ControlSource the code runs successfully, if any one of them are uncommented, Access 2007 shuts down and restarts. 'Group 1 If Forms![ReportCenter]!T2GroupCheck1 = True And Forms![ReportCenter]!T2GroupDescendC...

Accounts in different currencies
I have bank accounts in Euros and Dollars. Is there a way to assign different currencies to different bank accounts? >-----Original Message----- >I have bank accounts in Euros and Dollars. Is there a way >to assign different currencies to different bank accounts? >. >Go to the account, and choose Change Account Details from the menu on the left side of the screen. One of the details is the account currency. ...

assing macro to an an image, shape, text in Word 2007
I would like to run one of my macros when either an image, or a shape, or a text is clicked in Word 2007 document. Thanks, Use an ActiveX control, as they have a _Click event. Lev wrote: >I would like to run one of my macros when either an image, or a shape, or a >text is clicked in Word 2007 document. >Thanks, -- Gerry Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/word-programming/201004/1 Another method is to insert a MacroButton field and paste the image into the field code where the display text would be. See http://www.word...

I open 2007 file, it opens as .ppt (2003) read only
When I open up my 2007 files .pptx by double-clicking on it, it opens as a ..ppt (Read Only) (Compatibility Mode). I then have to do a "save as" 2007 file. However, when I open it by doing file-open - it opens as a 2007 file. Does anyone know why yhis happens and if there is a preference I can set to have them open as 2007 files when I double-click on it? Thanks in advance! -- Marc One solution would be right clicking the file and selecting properties and going to the " General" tab and changing the program it uses to open as a default(i am not aware...

How To Align Decimals In A PP 2007 Table
I have financial data with one decimal point where I want to align to the decimal point in a PowerPoint table. How do I select the full column and align to the decimals? Thanks! (B^>)-]=[ You can't. I've asked for this feature ever since about PowerPoint 2000, but it's still not there. Frustrating. You have to do this individually in each cell. Basically, choose the decimal tab option to the left of the ruler, then add a tab (Ctrl+Tab) before the text in each cell as necessary. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT ...

Compiling MFC project from command line...
Hi, How do I compile and link MFC activex project from command line in MSVC 6.0 Is there any tool which generates such info... Help ! sandSpiderX If you look in the project settings for your ActiveX project, you will see the command line that is used by the IDE for building the project. You should be able to use that command line directly. "sandSpider" <m74.piscean@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1120655631.691634.137580@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > How do I compile and link MFC activex project from command line in MSVC > 6.0 > > Is the...

Entering the same value into two table fields at the same time
Say that there is a table which has 2 fields (A, B) There is a form [Form1] (data entry type) to enter data for A by `TextBoxA`. There is also one more `TextBoxB` which is Not Visible. My target is to record the value of (entered thtough `TextBoxA`) into B field of the table as well. So I write down a code "Before Insert" of the Form1 that: " Form_Form1.TextBoxB = Form_Form1.TextBoxA " It is not recording A values into the field B... Where am I wrong? Can you help me please? Sory !!! When I write down the same code into `OnExit` of TextBoxA, it is working...!! yes, ...

MS Outlook 2007 mis-type exchange criteria
I have evidently mistyped some data for MS Outlook when setting up an exchange account during a new install. The application completed the first run of the install but when it restarted it can not get past the splash for Configuring Outlook. I do get a sign in dialog box but entering the user id and pw only errors pop up until the app closes down, There seems to be no way to get back into the account set up screens or anything else for that matter to try to correct the problem. I have uninstalled the suite and re-installed but evidently some of the original reg information is ret...

Publisher files stop responding taking full resources of sysem.
While trying to open the copied version of the technical- manual, the system stops responding and shows up exhausting most of the system resources. the error that occurs occasionally is Error:-> System is not responding. The same does not happen with the original copy of the manual which works fine. Both of these contain some text and some graphics and the second one (copy) is having a few more graphics. It happens everytime when I create Publication of such kind and then save as another copy of it. The problem only occurs with the copied version. Please help as it just do...

Delete Business Unit
I suggest to Microsoft to provide a way to allow for the deletion of a Business Unit in CRM. This may be a strict administrative procedure, but there should be a way to delete any type of data entered, even if it wipes out associated records. Perhaps a stern warning, only allowing the Systems Administrator to perform this action would be useful. Why keep a database cluttered with invalid data? Better to allow some clean up method. Think of the scenario whereby a Business Unit gets created and there is a typo in the name. Currently, disabling it doesn't get rid of it. ------...

Microsoft Word Table design in Access 2007
Is there a method for inserting a table (not an access table, but a word table with columns/rows/header, etc...) in a description field in a form or below the description field? I'm creating a database for development business rules and sometimes a business rule needs a table to explain or identify the heirarchy/relationship of items for the rule. I don't want this to link to anything else but the Business Rule ID that I am currently in. Thanks in advance! You could use a memo field but the data will not be separated by grid lines. You would need to add spacing and ...

Exchange 2007/spam/windows mobile
I have just installed Exchange Server 2007 and have moved a couple of mailboxes over to it for testing. I am using the Anti-spam built into EX2007. When a mailbox receives spam, it goes to the Junk Mail folder in Outlook, but it is hitting the Inbox first. I have a Windows Mobile device setup to sync to the Inbox (I checked to make sure that the Junk Email folder is not selected and it is not). I have 2 different problems, but I believe they both are related. The first... when the spam message hit my mailbox, they are first hitting my inbox real quick and then being moved the Junk ...

Exchange 2007
Hallo. we have enabled recipient filtering for our organization as we are requested to reject with a SMTP connection error messages addressed to non existent recipients as follows: EMC - Organization Configuration - Hub Transport - Anti-spam - Recipient Filtering enabled Block messages sent to recipients not listed in the GAL Still, if I telnet on port 25 I get a 250 2.1.5 Recipient OK message to a RCPT TO:non_existent_user@mydomain.com We have 2 Exchange 2007 SP1 servers: both are HubTransport+ClientAccess+Mailbox+UnifiedMessaging Exch1 is Windows Server 2003 Ent R2 SP2 ...

Excel2003 vs 2007 ... :(
Excel2003 vs 2007 ... I have many Templates, charts etc created in Excel2003 & many have Recorded Macro's attached to Forms Buttons ... These Temps work perfect in Excel2003 ... I think they may also work in Excel2007??? However .... Issue is ... some folks have Excel2003 (WindowsXP) while others who update these Files have Windows7 (Excel2007) ... We often end up with File corruption or Excel has encountered an error & must close ... etc etc ... when attempting to work these Files between the 2 Office Systems & 2 Excels .... very disenchanting. We have use...

2003 charts don't format to page size in 2007. any suggestions
I have numerous charts created in Excel 2003 that are formatted to print very legibly on 8-1/2 x 11. Excel 2007 does not seem to make any proportional adjustments base on paper size, resulting in a long flat chart that is not legible because the print is too small. Any suggestions on how to modify the ratios. Clicking on print options "print on 1 page high by 1 page wide" has no effect. the height and width ratios do not change at all as they did in 2003. ...

Activating Trial Visio 2007
Unabale to activate a successfully downloaded trial version of Visio 2007. Keep getting the message now for 3 days running; "A communication error has occured. Your request cannot be processed at this time. Please try again in a few minutes". There is nothing wrong with my internet connection. I cannot get to talk to any Microsoft Technician as the phone no given does not connect. I do not even have the option of activating by phone being a trial version. Can anyone help? -- Ekeneoma ------=_NextPart_0001_2DA4BC8A Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I...

2007: How to show ribbon in XLS sheets opened with Internet Explor
Our company has the Browse in Same Window flag on for the XLS and DOC file types. This is needed for these documents to work inside of our own application. When opening a Word Doc it shows the ribbon within IE and you can make all your changes and stuff. But when you open and Excel Sheet within IE, it only shows the spreadsheet and the formula bar. There is no ribbon. If you look closely I was able to see the ribbon show for a split second but then dissapear. Also, if you try and do Alt+F to get the ribbon, IE takes it over, so that alternative is out. Is there a way to enable the ribbo...

Use jpg as border
Hi - I have a specific jpg that I wish to use as a border on a Word 2007 document. This jpg will be 3/4 point, and will border the entire document with multiple copies of the picture. In other words, the picture will be copied around the entire border of the document. I looked in Word 2007 'Help' but could not find the info on how to do this, if indeed it is possible. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Joe Hello Joe, if your jpg file is of right dimensions, you can use it as a background image. Therefore you can have it as border as...

Publisher 2007 Color Printing option not enabled
I'm trying to get the best possible printing of my picture on postcards (marketing material). When I upgraded to 2007 the quality improved. I notice that the "Tools", "Commercial Printing Tools" "Colot Printing" option is not enabled. What's it for and why is it not enabled? My printing is very slow with Mail Merge from Excel (55 seconds per page of 4 postcards), but I will post that separately. Thanks. Anyone? "Howard" wrote: > I'm trying to get the best possible printing of my picture on postcards > (marketing material)....