REPOST: Portfolio Server - Schedule Tab

All,
In PPS 07, there is the schedule tab.  It prepopulates with the Start and
End dates as milestones.  Is there any way to tell the application to use a
different "template?"  In other words, I want more than just Start/End dates
as milestones - I want other things as milestones.  This will greatly
enhance usefulness to project managers when the project gets exported to
Project Server for the first time.

John

0
John

Hi John,

I definitely can't give you the authoritive answer on this one, but from
attempting to do just that I found that the only way would be to use custom
code of some kind. But in the end I never went any further down that path..

Have a look at the SDK, that may give you an idea of what is required to do
just that.

--
Martin Laukkanen
See my Blog: http://www.nearbaseline.com/blog/

"John" wrote:

> All,
> In PPS 07, there is the schedule tab.  It prepopulates with the Start and
> End dates as milestones.  Is there any way to tell the application to use a
> different "template?"  In other words, I want more than just Start/End dates
> as milestones - I want other things as milestones.  This will greatly
> enhance usefulness to project managers when the project gets exported to
> Project Server for the first time.
>
> John
>

> .

Thanks for the info.  I've just downloaded the project server sdk...I
haven't seen a Portfolio Server specific SDK.  I will look in there and see
if there's anything that will help.  I have a feeling that if this gets into
custom coding, management will abandon this path as well.  But, we're
supposed to provide options for management, so I'll check into it.  Thanks
for replying.

John

"Martin Laukkanen" <MartinLaukkanen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:6BBB007C-C51B-4F1A-A7FD-33A244ABD970@microsoft.com...
> Hi John,
>
> I definitely can't give you the authoritive answer on this one, but from
> attempting to do just that I found that the only way would be to use
> custom
> code of some kind. But in the end I never went any further down that
> path..
>
> Have a look at the SDK, that may give you an idea of what is required to
> do
> just that.
>
> --
> Martin Laukkanen
> See my Blog: http://www.nearbaseline.com/blog/
>

> "John" wrote:
>
>> All,
>> In PPS 07, there is the schedule tab.  It prepopulates with the Start and
>> End dates as milestones.  Is there any way to tell the application to use
>> different "template?"  In other words, I want more than just Start/End
>> dates
>> as milestones - I want other things as milestones.  This will greatly
>> enhance usefulness to project managers when the project gets exported to
>> Project Server for the first time.
>>
>> John
>>

>> .

0
John

Tabbing to move between cells
I have been using Excel quite a bit, but recently have been having a problem with certain spreadsheets. Sometimes when I press the tab key the page jumps over rather than the cell. Other times the arrow keys will respond the same way--moving the page over, but not changing the active cell. The strange thing is it effects different spreadsheets at different times. They are not shared or locked and I have not changed any of the options. Hopefully someone out there will recognize my problem -- Thanks, Cassi -- Thanks, Cassi When that happens, you might check Tools | Options | Tranis...

Tab order for dynamically placing controls?
Hi Gurus, I'm having a dialog in which TAB control is placed dynamically. Now the tab order for the dialog is happening only for the statically place control . Focus is not happening for dynamically placed controls inside the tab; How can I assign the tab control in the order of controls placed inside the dialog; IE MY tab control is residing somewhat middle in the dialog and have lot of other controls are there at upper and lower side to the TAB control. How can I assign the tab order in this scenario. I looked into SetWindowPos function to control the Z-order of controls; TIA! Anu ...

Language Changes when tabbing to next field.
I am running WinXP with Proofing Tools. My main language is EN, with CH Chinese PRC as a second language. I created the form in English, with only two Chinese characters on the form. When I try to enter data, with my language set to English, the language changed CH every time I go to a new cell. Since nearly all my data is English, this is incredible frustrating. The same thing happens enter data directly into the table. Does anyone have a solution. Anyone who can solve this shall be declared very clever---for life. ...

Print tracking tab in the calendar appointment Problem !!
Hi experts, I'm using Outlook 2002 and I couldn't print the tracking tab in the calendar appointment. Is there any way to do that thanks in advance for your help. Rob ...

Will Exchange 5.5 run on Server 2003
I have seen notes that Exchange 5.5 will run on Server 2K, but what about 2003? I am in the process of Migrating from an NT 4.0 domain to an AD domain. I don't want to bite off too much at one time so I would like to reinstall Exchange 5.5 on another machine running server 2k3 and move the databases. I do plan on upgrading from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2K3 at a later date, but I want to make sure I can finish the main migration in a weekend. So my question...Can you load Exchange 5.5 on Server 2K3 in an AD domain and more importantly will it work? Thanks, No. It will not in...

Printing Individual Tabs to .pdf
A report I publish monthly contains many tabs that need to be saved as individuals .pdf files. Currently, Adobe and Excel are printing several tabs to one file. Does anyone know how to accomplish this task? My current method is to print one tab at a time which is extremely inefficient. Thanks, Jim I don't use Adobe Writer(?), but maybe you can record a macro when you print the sheets you like and just rerun that macro when you need to do it again. Jim wrote: > > A report I publish monthly contains many tabs that need to be saved as > individuals .pdf files. > > Curre...

The sheet tabs at the bottom of my worksheet has disappeared?
When I saved my excel work sheet using 2007 microsoft office, all my Sheet tabs at the bottom of the page has disappeared? How do I get them back? Try Tools > Options > put a check in the SheetTabs box Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "tresses8m" <tresses8m@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4363C337-FF3A-4C2A-A7EB-F565B6122DCA@microsoft.com... > When I saved my excel work sheet using 2007 microsoft office, all my Sheet > tabs at the bottom of the page has disappeared? How do I get them back? What if the Sheet Tabs box already has a check in it? --...

Same Clickonce on multiple server
Hi, I have my click once which we host on one server. We have client who installed click once from this server. now we moved the click once server. when client tries to access the clickonce from the new server, it prompt them to install the new clickonce instead of just updating the existing clickonce. I tried with setting Use Application manifest for trust information attribute but no help. We are really stucked due to this problem. any help in this will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Himal ...

First field on Tab is a dropdown -- how do I stop it from scrolling
Hi, I have a custom entity with multiple tabs. The top field in each tab is a dropdown field. When the user moves from one tab to another, the first field in the tab is automatically highlighted in blue and activated. Now if the user wishes to scroll down the page, they end up scrolling down that first pull down menu, changing the input -- unless they click out of the field first. I know I can arrange fields so that the first one is not a pull down menu. But I would really like to have that as my first field. Any suggestions on how I can stop it from scrolling? Is there some code to 'n...

Rights MS Outlook in "Exchange server" mode
hi, frist of all, sorry for my english, i'm spanish i'm in the exchange server always block the send messages by the IP of clients in the SMTP Server, and that works fine always you configure the Outlook that a POP3/IMAP/SMTP, but if you configure the Outlook to mode "Exchange Server" the SMTP server send the mail, and the rules of IPs or the rights in the smtp server doesn't work. Anybody know how block the sending messages, when the MS Outlook is configurate in mode "Exchange Server"? or anybody know any page where explain how work this mode of MS Outlook? ...

Server 2003 continually rebooting.....
I was elected to solve a serious issue for our little company, but I am having serious problems figuring it out. Our Dell Poweredge SC420 (running Windows SBS 2003) starting rebooting continually. This was odd as we have a 2 drive RAID 1 built in and I thought the second drive would take over should the first one fail. (It may well have....I would not be surprised if the warnings were ignored until both drives failed.) Nonetheless, here I am. I have replaced the main hard drive and disconnected the second drive. I have restored the primary drive's partitions from Acronis ...

2nd of 2 Exchange Servers (But no OWA)
Good day, I have just added a 2nd Windows 2003 Exchange Server (SP1) to my organization. Mailboxes and Public folders have moved perfectly. However, OWA access does not work from outside my network (external machine) on the new Exchange Server. It does, however, work fine within my domain. Mailboxes on the original server can access OWA from internal and external sources. Any idea where to look to rectify this? Thank you so much. Are you using FE servers? When you say internal access is fine are you connecting to the backend server directly or connecting to your FE servers? Nue <ru...

combine/merge 2 worksheet (tabs) into 1 work sheet
Hi, after reading countless forum discussions, i am still very confused for something that should be fairly simple! i have a workbook file with several work sheets (tab) that have data comparing two year revenue income. And now we need to compare them side by side vertically. I tried consolidation but it doesn't work. VB is too hard. I can't imagine doing cut and paste for 40 tabs. worksheet (tab1) shows year, number and ratio 2010 $8,782 811% 2009 $964 worksheet (tab2) shows 2010 $3,425 -33% 2008 $5,112 what i would like to see is ...

SBS 2008 & Server 2003
We have a new Windows SBS 2008 and an existing Windows Server 2003. Can we use the existing Server 2003 as a Member Server running Terminal Services on the Same network as the new Windows SBS 2008. Regards, Guido Yes http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2009/07/22/setting-up-a-second-server-to-be-a-terminal-server-in-sbs-2008.aspx -- Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] MCP, MCPS, MCNPS, SBSC Remote Small Business Server/Computer Support - www.SBITS.Biz BPOS - Microsoft Online Services - www.Microsoft-Online-Services.com ...

See the queue between a 5.5 server and a 2000 server in the same site
Hi, We have two exchange servers, one a 5.5 and one a 2K. The 2K server is down and I need to see how many emails are queued ready to send the the 2K server, where is this in the exchange 5.5 admin program? Thanks, -- Regards, Darryl Please remove NOSPAM from email address to reply to me. Bring up the properties of the Message Transfer Agent and click the Queues tab. There will be a queue for the E2k server. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Darryl" <darryl.parkyn@NOSPAManson.gg> wrote in message new...

Unable to relay outoging email to Front-end servers
Hi, I'm experiencing intermittent problem with my exchange 2003, which users intermittenly receive NDR 5.7.1 unable to relay for recipient@domain.com. My current environment is configured with 2node back-end exchange cluster and 2node NLB OWA/SMTP servers. I have created a connector to relay all outgoing emails to my OWA/SMTP servers. Both OWA servers are the brigdehead servers in the connector and uses DNS routing. I have changed the FQDN for my SMTP servers from abc.domain.local to abc.domain.com in the SMTP properties to ensure when EHLO the SMTP banner will show the public FQDN...

W3SVC-WP Front End Server
Event Type: Warning Event Source: W3SVC-WP Event Category: None Event ID: 2266 Date: 8/8/2005 Time: 11:14:15 PM User: N/A Computer: frontend Description: The account that the current worker process is running under does not have SeTcbPrivilege privilege, the anonymous password sync feature and the Digest authentication feature are disabled. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. any ideas? ...

How to tell who is currently logged into Exchange Server 2003
Is there a quick and easy way to see who is currently logged into their mailbox? Thank you. "Danny" <Danny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a quick and easy way to see who is currently logged into their mailbox? > >Thank you. Look in Exchange System Manager. Drill down to the mailboxes on the navigation pane and view the list in the content pane. You can see the mailbox name, last logged on by person and both the logon and log off times. You can then see who's on the server. Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resou...

SCONFIG server core
Server 2008 R2 Core has the new sconfig feature. is it possible to copy that over to a non R2 server core system? Hello l3ytes, As far as i know it ony works in Server core 2008 R2 and Hyper-V 2008 R2(previous tool in Hyper-V was HVconfig). Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm > Server 2008 R2 Core has the new sconfig feature. is it possible to > copy that over ...

Adjust the width of a tab control on a form?
Hi In my database, there is a main form and a subform. The subform consists of a tab control. In this tab control, I have placed my forms (which have working Master and Child links). I can't seem to make the tab control narrower than its current size. I want to make 8 inches wide instead of its current 10 inches. None of the forms in the tab control are 10 inches wide. How can I make this change? Thank you in advance for your help. On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 20:04:01 -0800, forest8 <forest8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >In my database, t...

How do I change the external data source location for a pivot tab.
Using Excel, I have created a pivot table that is linked to a Access database. I want to move the Access database to a different file location, but the pivot table in Excel can not locate the file. ...

Exchange 5.5 migration problem
We have migrated all mailboxes to exchange 2003. I have made sure public folders, OAB, ect... is being handled or replicated to the new server. When I power off the exchange 5.5 server. Some of our users are not able to open certain messages (especially read receipts), outlook starts requesting data from the old server. Thanks for your help. 1.pls make sure your SRS Service is Running 2.check your RCA.PFCA Exchagne Server has change from EX55 to EXchange 2003 -- Jammyù�ٴ� "Michael Kearney" <none@none.com> ���g��l��s�D :O5MUI82xEHA.2676@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >...

Autofilling Cells for Daily/Hourly Schedule
I'm trying to create a square footage spreadsheet that gives me an idea of how much material I can process in a week's time. I have a list of jobs on the left side of my spreadsheet and on the right side starting at column 'J' I have hours listed horizontally for example: an 8 hour day from 6-2pm would be labeled 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 1, 2. I list the sq ft in the 'F' column and then my cells count out by the amount of sq ft until it reaches the total then stops. So, if I do 100 sq ft per hour and I put in cell F2 that my sq ft for a job is 500, then ...

separate SMTP email address on existing company Outlook Exchange server
Our company uses Outlook 2000 on exchange 2000 servers and all mail leaves with an envelope From address of @bear.com. I have a separate domain, user@maxrecovery.co.uk that i'd like to use on outgoing mails, so that all my recipients will see on the From: address, user@maxrecovery.co.uk and not user@bear.com and also not From: user@bear.com on behalf of user(Exchange) [user@maxrecovery.co.uk]. Is this possible? Also, Is it possible for me to receive mail in Outlook if senders use either user@bear.com or user@maxrecovery.co.uk? Thanks. Steven Chung <schung@bear.com> wrote: >Ou...

Employee Work Schedule
I am trying to create an employee schedule in Excel that is easy to use. I tried modifying the one that's available on the office template, but can't get it right. Here is what I am looking for: - Easy to input - Visually assess who is working each day and at what times - Calculates the number of hours each employee is working - Elminates the need to manually write the schedule first If anyone has anything like this already or can point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Nadia -- nzatmj -------------------------------------------------------...