Reporting on MS Project Server in java

Hello,
I am trying to use MS Project server PSI in java.
I could create java stubs by using the wsdl.
Now if I want to see all the projects, I couldn' find any API in the Project
Web Service.
I couldn't find any help related to the same.
Is there any way where I can get list of Projects availaible in MS Project
Server or do I need to go through the reporting database route?
I wanted to use the WEB SERVICE route as I dont have to worry about the
security.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Milind.

Milind:

The correct place to ask developer questions is
microsoft.public.project.developer

Yes, there is a web service that allows you to enumerate projects. Have you
downloaded the Project SDK? I think that and a visit to the developers group
will get you going pretty quickly.

--
Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com

"Milind Joshi" <Milind Joshi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I am trying to use MS Project server PSI in java.
> I could create java stubs by using the wsdl.
> Now if I want to see all the projects, I couldn' find any API in the
> Project
> Web Service.
> I couldn't find any help related to the same.
> Is there any way where I can get list of Projects availaible in MS Project
> Server or do I need to go through the reporting database route?
> I wanted to use the WEB SERVICE route as I dont have to worry about the
> security.
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Milind.

0
Gary
3/4/2010 2:46:56 PM
Thanks Gary,
   I will ask the same on developer forum.

Milind

"Gary L. Chefetz" wrote:

> Milind:
>
> The correct place to ask developer questions is
> microsoft.public.project.developer
>
> Yes, there is a web service that allows you to enumerate projects. Have you
> downloaded the Project SDK? I think that and a visit to the developers group
> will get you going pretty quickly.
>
> --
> Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
> Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com
>
> "Milind Joshi" <Milind Joshi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> > I am trying to use MS Project server PSI in java.
> > I could create java stubs by using the wsdl.
> > Now if I want to see all the projects, I couldn' find any API in the
> > Project
> > Web Service.
> > I couldn't find any help related to the same.
> > Is there any way where I can get list of Projects availaible in MS Project
> > Server or do I need to go through the reporting database route?
> > I wanted to use the WEB SERVICE route as I dont have to worry about the
> > security.
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Milind.
>
> .

Pass Through to SQL Server Optimization Questions
On an autoexec function several recordsets are opened. Some are queries to local tables, some are to sql server tables. I have been trying to optimize performance but I haven't seen much difference in speed between queries run directly against linked SQL Server tables vs pass through queries. Here is my code for creating the pass throughs (I have another function OpenRecordSetLocal that handles queries to tables within the frontend. The ODBC connection string resides in the query Q_PassThrough. Am I missing something key? Is there a better way to do this? Thanks. Function OpenRecord...

Use Form to prompt for report criteria

MS Office 2008 home version with Pro for entourage
Hello and thanks for any help you can provide. I have MS Office 2008 Home & Student edition. I want to install only word, excel and powerpoint and then separately install Entourage 2008 Pro (as provided by my hosted exchange co.) in order to connect to my exchange server. I have done this before and remember some convoluted errors but it eventually worked. My latest attempt did not. Has there been a change to prevent this from working? ...

Report.SalesPlusTax
I don't know if you guys have ever try to show the total tax sale on the z report, but when i make the modified on the z report it came out that the total tax is 0. It didn't show me anything, i don't know if the script is wrong or the script is not working for RMS V1.3?? Has anyone ever tried that?? <ROW> "Taxable Sales|" Report.SalesPlusTax </ROW> ...

Microsoft CRM server is not responding
Hi, Workflow Manager write: The specified Microsoft CRM server is not responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable, it is not a Microsoft CRM server, or you are not a valid user. Fro more information, contact your system administrator. How fix it? In IE i can logon to CRM. ----- wbr, Eugene I've resolved this problem by restoring the metabase with the original version in IIS Regards Edgard Eugene wrote: > Hi, > > > Workflow Manager write: > > The specified Microsoft CRM server is not responding. This might happen if > it is currently un...

Purchase history and projected usage
Is anyone aware of an add-on or a way to figure projected usage for purchasing? I find the minimum quantity function usueful but many times I have to purchase for a few months and it would be helpful if the system could help estimate required quantity for a specific period. To be really useful and accurate RMS should be able to estimate product requirements for a period, is anyone else running into this? Funny you should write about this. I was just talking to my RMS partner about this the other day. He was going to see what he could come up with for this. I will let you know if i he...

Report CRM 3.0
Hi, I would need to find out the detailed procedure (step by step) to customize a report…. Could anybody inform about any links or documents concerning this issue? Thank's Marco I'm not sure if it's detailed enough, but the technical training manual has a section on creating and customizing reports. You can find it here: http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/using/whatsnewtechnical.mspx HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmobility.com -- "Marco Rocca" <Marco Rocca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEF80683-EC26-456C-82C...

MSCRM 3.0 (How does the user access Microsoft CRM from server)
Hi, I have installed Microsoft CRM 3.0 on Windows Small Biz Server. I am able see Sales, Marketing, Services running on the server. I want to let the respective user to see the UI, how do let them access from their computer. Thanks patric They would enter the URL for the server (http://servername). They may also need the port (by default http://servername:5555). -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "pat" <pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FF870F9-D86C-4947-9118-92696BDF7281@microsoft.com... Hi, I have installed Microsoft CRM 3.0 on Windows Small...

Dropped connection to POP3 servers
Just installed Office 2003 under XP Home. Outlook is dropping connection to POP3 servers, I check 2 different servers with a S/R. Both fail at the same time, never separately. Sometimes I can exit Outlook gracefully but a reboot is required to get Outlook to work again. Sometimes locks entire system and have to powerdown manually. Pattern not fully determined but it appears to happen when there is other activity to the internet that is going to specific servers using an ID and password. I use Medved Quotetracker with E*Trade quotes (requires ID). If I bring up Quotetracker, Ou...

CRM 4.0 Custom Report Filter Problem

stock variance report
Hi there, Is there any way to edit that stock variance report at HQ? There are no $$ values and this is quite important at HQ. How do others work with this? IB Ivan, Create a custom report using the Quantity Discrepancy List as a template, add the SnapShotCost, SnapShotLastCost and/or SnapShotReplacementCost column from the ItemDynamic table times the qty difference. -- * "Ivan Brebner" <ibrebner@premiumretail.com.au> wrote in message news:%23Idw6wPAGHA.2912@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... Hi there, Is there any way to edit that stock variance report at HQ? There are no ...

How to set dependencies on project
Hello all, I have created a separate build on an existing project and copied settings from the existing project (Build->Configurations->Add). When I build the new project, it does not pickup any of the dependencies from sub-projects (ie I get link errors for all of them). Can someone tell me where to set these for the new project? The Project->Dependencies dialog list all dependencies for the project and are checked. Thanks mike wrote: > Hello all, > I have created a separate build on an existing project and copied settings > from the existing project (Build->Con...

MS Excel Print setup
Hi, When i save a document by using landscape setting,& by opening again that document it does'nt show saved setting. It shows portrait option,not landscpe option. Piyush ...

DPM and VMM on same server using side-by-side SQL installation
Windows 2008 Std R2 Server, 64bit VMM 2007 is currently installed (with the built-in default database) SQL 2005 Express Edition, SP3, 32bit. I was advised by Microsoft that both VMM and DPM could be installed on the same server (small DR environment) The VMs are hosted on a Windows 2008 Enterprise Server w/ VS2005R2 - because the hardware didn't support HyperV. VMM works great to manage the Windows 2008 VS2005R2 Host running Win2K3 server instances ... after lots of trial and error. Now, I need to install DPM 2007 onto the same server... DPM wants to install the 64bit vers...

Report Filter focus
Hey all, I am experiencing an issue with the report filters in RMS. It is not a show stopper, but annoying. When I launch a report in SO Manager on a win XP machine, RMS version 1.3, the report filter is there, but the correct field is not selected and the filter under Filters is not selected. When this happens and I want to change the filter, I first need to click on the Filter itself in the bottom box and then select the correct field out of the Fields list, then change the Value. Is there anything I can do to fix this? To use a real report as an example, When I run the Detailed Sales rep...

email
How can I change the time that it takes for message to shift from BOLD (unread) to PLAIN TEXT (as read) in my inbox. If I open MS OUTLOOK it will change within 30 seconds to PLAIN TEXT from BOLD appearing as read, even if I don't want to read them at that time. Therefore, later, I don't know if I read that one or not. I have seen the time limit change on the setup somewhere, but can't find it now! joe@dixiesteamway.com Outlook does not have this option to mark an email as read when viewing in the Preview pane. Only Outlook Express does. "Joe Dobbins" <joe...

MS Access 2007, Forms
When using the "Forms Wizard", I need to use the "Style: Ricepaper", but it isn't available in the 2007 version and I have not been successful trying to find it in Office Online or on the web. Does anyone know where I can get it? Access 2007 has 25 AutoFormats, but as you noticed, they are virtually all new ones. It's actually nice to see that these were updated. To get the older Ricepaper style you could probably create a form in an earlier version of Access and then import it into your current database. If you're using the ACCDB file format, you would...

Outlook 2000 client Connection TimeOut w/ Ex5.5 server???
Hi, we have a really intriguing issue that started recently. Outlook users, when clicking on an item in the Mailbox, will get the message "Can't open this item. The operation could not be completed because of an error on the network. Try to log on to the network again, and then repeat the operation." The user will click OK, and usually will be able to open the same item in one or two attempts. The Envrionment: Ex5.5 SP4, Outlook 2000. It is ONLY the Windows98 users that is seeing this message, on NT and W2k stations, there's this occassional hour-glass when we click on an ...

Exchange Server C Drive No free space
Hi All, Need some advise. The Exchange Server during certain times C Drive will not have free space. I have check that during that period there is a temp file which will increase in size and takes up all the disk space in C. The file will not have any extension (the file name ex. T232C or R408). When this happened, the Exchange MTA service will stop, users will not able to send email. I have rum Spyware scan, Virus Scan, Online Virus scan, all seems to be cleaned). Anyone experience this before? Thanks in Advance for the help. -- Danny Chieng Technical Engineer On Wed, 26 Jul 2006...

Outlook reports OLE registration error
I have Office 2000 running in Windows Me on a Dell Dimension XPS D266 with 64 meg ram. Outlook stopped working so I ran Repair from Office 2000 CD and then Re- install Office from same source. Both times Outlook says" An OLE registration error occured. Program is not correctly installed. Run Setup again." Doesn't seem to be much sense in running it again. What now? Reinstall Outlook Express. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal acco...