reporting database schema

I need to ask about reporting in project server 2007.
I am using Cognos reporting tool of IBM.

The reporting database schema of project server 2007 which is available in
SDK.
there is only few views and tables.
Is it enough for any typical reporting and Dashboards in project server 2007 ?

Hi Sam,

Yes, it is enough for "typical" and straightforward reporting.  It doesn't
have lots of information though if you are trying to get to some of the more
detailed information.  Reporting Services is a good tool that allows you to
create dashboards with more detail and information.  BUT, please note that
Microsoft makes it very clear that they reserve the right to change the
non-Reporting database tables/fields/links at their pleasure so you take a
bit of a risk when you go outside of the Reporting database.

"Sam" wrote:

> I need to ask about reporting in project server 2007.
> I am using Cognos reporting tool of IBM.
>
> The reporting database schema of project server 2007 which is available in
> SDK.
> there is only few views and tables.
> Is it enough for any typical reporting and Dashboards in project server 2007 ?

reporting ?
I need to be able to show how many messages users are sending OUT on a particular day. Does exchange provide any kind of reporting tools? chaz Chaz, Exchange doesn’t have a reporting tool in particular. Depending on your setup, you could use the performance monitor, the data is a bit raw, but you could get a report and give it to your management. The best 3rd party product I’ve used for that type of reporting is Quest Messagestats. Although, if a Quest salesman ever gets your number, they will constantly call you and try to sell you things. Joe "chaz" wrote: > I ...

Microsoft CRM Report Viewer Bug ? 04-12-07
When viewing report in Microsoft CRM Report Viewer, it extracts the filter info from the RDL file. When user saves the default filter it's also stored in the RDL. The filter info is actually the Fetch XML which is build dynamically by the viewer control. I've created a report and in the RDL file specified the Fetch XML with linked entities and attributes for each linked entity. This way when report is executed, the Fetch XML is converted to the SQL statement which is used as report data (when executed). Report viewer displayes the filter correctly BUT when it builds the Fetch XML agai...

database to store data entered from a spreadsheet?
Hi, I'm looking for a little direction.... I have about 6 different spreadsheets that people enter data into. The layout of the spreadsheets are identical. They each have one worksheet per month on the year and then a summary page. Survey results and statistical information are entered into these spreadsheets by different people. What I would like to do is to able to summarize each monthly worksheet and each summary sheet from all six spreadsheets (separate files). I know I could link the six sheets to a new summary sheet, but that would be cumbersome due to the number of items being ...

Schedule-Report to send to mail
Hello, Is there a way to schedule a report to send to my mail daily, at certain time using Outlook. Regards Rainu RMS currently has no this feature, however if you have crystal report then you have 2 free online tools available for this one is crystal passage and other one is crystal delivery. These are free. The other thing which you can use the message feature where you can alert in RMS whenever the report is due, it is just alternative. "Rainu Jacob" wrote: > Hello, > Is there a way to schedule a report to send to my mail daily, at certain > time using Outlook....

Reading database timed out
Today, I did an UPDATE statement on SQL Server Management Studio on a few records. Now, from a VB.NET program when I tried to get those records that I updated, when I go thru the datareader, when it gets around those records that I updated, it timed out. Even though getting the same query thru SQL Server Management Studio is very fast. What can I do to fix it ? Thank you. This is the UPDATE statement that I did UPDATE tickdata1min set openprice = openprice *10,highprice = highprice *10, lowprice = lowprice *10,closeprice = closeprice *10 where symbol = 'YMM0' AND SEQ...

Queries & Reports
QUESTION . First I will enter info into TBL Radio Receipt, from there I want the information to jump to TBL Radio Info and prompt me to complete this table. Then it will jump to either TBL New Radio Information OR TBL Repair Information. This will need to be completed. How does this happen, I mean-- How do I create the relationships to reflect this path? PS How do I attach a pic of my problem? Jeannette Cunningham already posted a response to your question back on 12/21, but perhaps you didn't see/understand it so we can try again. Your question is a little hard to understand, so...

report -> price history source & 3-decimal numbers
installed money 2003 standard this last april2003. got all investments setup in price history report with [date] as [year-to-date]. rows/columns set with source fields picked. a black dot shows up at each buy date EXCEPT buy dates AFTER the original money install date. what is happening here?.....how to get dots to appear after install date.? transactions activity are listed as [add shares] on 1/2/2003 and [buy] on monthly buy dates. also on the [home] page the share prices in best/worst performers & summary lists are shown in 3-decimal places. how to change these to 2-d...

database to edit multiple sections of different documents
Hello everyone, Post is kinda long but I really need some help on this one. Any input that can be provided would be great. here is what is going on. For my job i have to edit multiple statements of work. these are documents that have different sections describing the work i will do for a client. Usually when i change one section in a document i have to open up 10 other documents and copy and paste the same verbiage into a section within those documents. this process is getting very time consuming. I had a great idea the other day and started to create a access database that essentially...

Custom CRM reports
I am struggling to find good documentation on how to create custom CRM reports. Can someone point me in the right direction? TIA, -Cliff The best resource is going to be a book on Crystal reports. There are a lot of them out there. If you have Crystal installed on a client machine, and have successfully installed the Crystal Enhancements for CRM (on one of the CDs that came with CRM) and connected to the CRM APS database, then I would start by opening a canned report and deconstructing it. Tweak it to make some minor changes and gradually add formulas and parameters and the like. Her...

In SSRS GUID shows up as Name when report uploaded in CRM 4.0
When we upload a new report in CRM 4.0, in the database the GUID gets stored as the name of the report, not the name you enter in the add report form in CRM. In 3.0 we didn't have this problem. Has anyone else had this happen? I had this happen. Have you found a way to stop this? "RSW1127" wrote: > When we upload a new report in CRM 4.0, in the database the GUID gets stored > as the name of the report, not the name you enter in the add report form in > CRM. In 3.0 we didn't have this problem. Has anyone else had this happen? > > ...

2005 Deluxe Reports
Ok, need help!!! When I run a report for Income and Expenses in Money 2005 Deluxe my transfers to savings do not show up. I selected the "Include transfers to or from asset or liability accounts" & "Include transfers to or from accounts that aren't in the report" as well and still, my transfers from my checking to savings do not show up. Nor do my additions to my savings accounts show up in the monthly reports. I always get the message "there were no additions added to your savings this month" (paraphrasing). I am extremely frustrated. I can n...

I need assistance importing flat file data to a relational database....
I have a contact database that I need to import data into on a weekly basis. The data is in an Excel file with client and contact information all in one record (one row). I need all the client data to go in the client table, and the contact information to go in the contact table. I need to import the "ReasonForContact" into the ContactData table. Here are the basic fields in the two tables tbl_ClientData ClientID FirstName LastName Address City State Zip tbl_ContactData ContactLogID ClientID ContactDate ContactTime ContactNotes ReasonForContact Any help would be appreciated!!...

Report with productlines
When we convert a quote to an order we want to automatically send a mail (report) with productlines. I can see that it is not possible to use this field in the e-mail functionality in a worflow so I assume I have to make it in Reporting Services!? Is that correct? ...

Database Schema
I am looking for a database schema for GP. GP 10 if possible. Does anyone have one or know where I could find one? Melissa, You can go through the E-R Diagram for Dynamics GP at the following link that might help you http://www.winthropdc.com/training.html Good Luck Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP "Melissa" wrote: > I am looking for a database schema for GP. GP 10 if possible. Does anyone > have one or know where I could find one? You can also find information on tables and relationships in the Microsoft Dynamics GP Software Development Kit, available at: http:/...

Can't view Reports or templates
Hi I cant view any of the templates or reports on my CRM webpage I think it has something to do with the registration of Crystal reprts I tried the earlier post of the correct sequence of crystal reports but that didnt help any suggestions Rick ------=_NextPart_0001_F8B7BC6A Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Rick, What type of error messages are you receiving when you try to access a report through CRM? What user is starting your Crystal Services? Thank you, Tami J. Lemar Microsoft Business Solutions Support This posting is provided �AS IS� with no warran...

Custom Inventory Report?
Does anyone know of a report out there that will tell me item, description, # on-hand, quantity sold, and vendor for a specified date range? I've seen the item movement reports but it doesn't tell me the current quantity on-hand... any ideas? Thanks! Thanks Jeff, But I am unable to get that download, would you mind re-sending it? Thanks. "Pet Parkway" <fanello@neo.rr.com> wrote in message news:%23I%2319RBDGHA.3820@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know of a report out there that will tell me > item, description, # on-hand, quantity sold, and vendor for ...

Sales by vendor report #2
What's the easiest way to get a Sales by Vendor report (with item detail)? Is this report coming from SOP? I don't understand what you need. "Elaine" wrote: > What's the easiest way to get a Sales by Vendor report (with item detail)? Do you need this information to calculate discounts passed on to customers from vendors? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Elaine" wrote: > What's the easiest way t...

Excel template/database/macro help
Hey I have just created an excel template using the wizard. What I want to do is have people in my office fill this template in and then have the information go to another excel database and then clear. I don&#8217;t want staff accessing the main database and as the template requires the excel database file to be opened to transfer information I had a small problem. I thought I could counter this by using a simple macro that once someone has completed the form they clicked on the macro, it opens the database, saves the template and in the process transfers the information to the da...

Report Writer issue
I'm trying to modify the HATB report in GP9. I have to get this in a form to file with Dun&Bradstreet. I changed it from a graphical to text report and deleted a lot of fields. Then I set the report to output to a text file (and screen) What's going on now is that in the report writer, I've got: *Date: [Sys Date] *Time: [Sys Time] (where *'s are background text and []'s are fields). What shows up (on the print preview AND in the text file) is (amazingly) 3:36 PM Date: 9/18/2008 Time: The problem is that it's also screws up the agin...

Purge Customers from database
We would like to get a clean slate and get rid of the customer data in the database, other than deleting them one at a time.. Do you have any criteria for deleting your customers, or are you just after removing all customers in your db? -- Jocelyn "Gil" wrote: > We would like to get a clean slate and get rid of the customer data in the > database, other than deleting them one at a time.. ...

Treeview format for a report
I want to create a multi-tiered report that's formatted like a treeview. I have items that belong to classes, and the classes can belong to other classes. I need the report to list the class and any subclasses and items that are a part of that class, i.e.: Class 1 Items... SubClass1.1 Items... SubClass1.2 Items... SubClass1.2.1 Items... Class 2 Items... SubClass21 Items... SubClass2.2 Items... SubClass2.2.1 Items... etc. The number of parent and/or child nodes can vary. There's no way to know how m...

how to transfer id into report on start from crmForm??
hi, I need to put a report into crmForm of an object (like account) so it could run for current object after choosing. I made a button in isv.config but I don't know how to transfer id on start to the report. Does anybody can help me? Thanks crmForm.ObjectId contains the ID of the entity instance being displayed. If you are unsure how to use that, maybe post the corresponding section of the ISV.config file. While I do not mind at all answering your questions, I would also suggest reading the SDK about client-side scripting as it might save you some time posting and waiting for ans...

suspicious mail server report message
we have a location down the road on a wan and use exchange server. the message was from sec@domain.com the grammatical errors alone is cause for suspicion. what could have generated this message? i'm a newbie to this. thanks. Mail server report. Our firewall determined the e-mails containing worm copies are being sent from your computer. Nowadays it happens from many computers, because this is a new virus type (Network Worms). Using the new bug in the Windows, these viruses infect the computer unnoticeably. After the penetrating into the computer the virus harvests all the e-mai...

Microsoft Error Report on OneNote 2010 Beta: Detail Included
Microsoft Office 2010 Beta OneNote One original notebook and several of the included templates Original notebook is password protected. On startup of OneNote 2010, the first page of the original notebook appears, along with the grey screen where you are supposed to click to enter your password. Before I get a chance to click to enter the password, the following message appears: Microsoft OneNote has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. The information you were working on might be lost. Microsoft OneNote can try to recover it f...

How to set up relationship query for minerals database
Good morning everyone, I'm using Access 2003 and am working on a minerals database. The main table has a field COM_MIN (common minerals) which shows the minerals occurring at a particular location e.g. ID Lat Long Com_Min 123 -27.5 148.66 scheelite, gypsum, galena My next table has individual minerals and their properties ID MINERAL Density Streak etc 257 Scheelite 7.2 Gray 1286 Gypsum 2.6 White 44 Galena 6.7 ...