Referencing the Baseline Work field

All,
I'm trying to create a calculated field that takes the contents of the
Baseline Work field and multiply by the Physcial % Complete field. The
formula is ([Baseline Work] * ([Physical % Complete]/100)). I get some
screwball number, so to verify the contents of the Baseline Work
field, I created a custom field (Baseline0Work) that just references
that field, ([Baseline Work]). The number in the Baseline0Work field
does not match what shows in the Baseline Work field. In fact, for one
task, the Baseline Work field shows 6256 and the Baseline0Work field
shows 375360. What's going on ?!?!?!?!?
0
Shane

6256 X 60 = 375360

Project stores Work in units of minutes.  Divide everything by 60 and you
should be good.

- Andrew Lavinsky
Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm

> All,
> I'm trying to create a calculated field that takes the contents of the
> Baseline Work field and multiply by the Physcial % Complete field. The
> formula is ([Baseline Work] * ([Physical % Complete]/100)). I get some
> screwball number, so to verify the contents of the Baseline Work
> field, I created a custom field (Baseline0Work) that just references
> that field, ([Baseline Work]). The number in the Baseline0Work field
> does not match what shows in the Baseline Work field. In fact, for one
> task, the Baseline Work field shows 6256 and the Baseline0Work field
> shows 375360. What's going on ?!?!?!?!?

0
Andrew
6/3/2010 7:25:13 PM
On Jun 3, 1:25=A0pm, Andrew Lavinsky <(Catapult Systems)> wrote:
> 6256 X 60 =3D 375360
>
> Project stores Work in units of minutes. =A0Divide everything by 60 and y=
ou
> should be good.
>
> - Andrew Lavinsky
> Blog:http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
>

> > All,
> > I'm trying to create a calculated field that takes the contents of the
> > Baseline Work field and multiply by the Physcial % Complete field. The
> > formula is ([Baseline Work] * ([Physical % Complete]/100)). I get some
> > screwball number, so to verify the contents of the Baseline Work
> > field, I created a custom field (Baseline0Work) that just references
> > that field, ([Baseline Work]). The number in the Baseline0Work field
> > does not match what shows in the Baseline Work field. In fact, for one
> > task, the Baseline Work field shows 6256 and the Baseline0Work field
> > shows 375360. What's going on ?!?!?!?!?- Hide quoted text -

Andrew,
Thanks. Perfect answer. The calculation works.
0
Shane

Excel 12, insert chart does not work. Exel restart. Why?
When I insert chart and select chart data, MS Office encounters a problem and need to close. Another thing: On chart tools the desings are empty. Any solution? In article <A678D3D8-566D-46A1-8A19-5F85D34BB2C8@microsoft.com>, tujauja@discussions.microsoft.com says... > When I insert chart and select chart data, MS Office encounters a problem and > need to close. > Another thing: > On chart tools the desings are empty. > Any solution? > Office 12 is still in beta. You should have received information from MS about where and how to post questions about it. -- Rega...

Office 2004 on Intel works, for a while, then apps will not launch
Hello all! I searched previous posts extensively before posting. But my problem does not seem to come from corrupted fonts or preferences. Problem : Office apps work fine after a reboot, but eventually, I become unable to relaunch them. I have to reboot again to get them to work. Details : MacBook Pro, 1gig of ram. Office 2004 11.2.6. OS 10.4.7. I'll open Entourage, work a bit, close it, and then I can't open it anymore. The splash screen does not even appear completely (white rectangle). Console gives : ***** Date/Time: 2006-08-09 12:03:11.089 -0400 OS Version: 10.4.7 (...

a count field in a query?

Why does Autoexpand in combo box not work with accented characters?
To quote the Access online help: You can use the AutoExpand property to specify whether Microsoft Access automatically fills the text box portion of a combo box with a value from the combo box list that matches the characters you enter as you type in the combo box. This lets you quickly enter an existing value in a combo box without displaying the list box portion of the combo box. This works fine when I use the normal English alphabet, but fails if I type an accented character as the first character of a name in a foreign language such as Hungarian. Is there any way to make AutoExpand ...

Plotting results of survey fields
I have a spreadsheet that measures various aspects of particular features (i.e. usability, age of application, etc) as noted in the chart sample below Ease of Feature Use Flexibility A 1 4 B 2 2 C 3 5 D 5 5 E 1 1 I want to compare my results in a matrix that allows those features ranking low (1,1) to be plotted on the lower left of the chart and those ranking high (5,5) in the upper right, with values in between. I have tried to do this as a scatter diagram, but am having difficulty getting the results to plot correctly. Also, I need to separate those entries ha...

Entering the same value into two table fields at the same time
Say that there is a table which has 2 fields (A, B) There is a form [Form1] (data entry type) to enter data for A by `TextBoxA`. There is also one more `TextBoxB` which is Not Visible. My target is to record the value of (entered thtough `TextBoxA`) into B field of the table as well. So I write down a code "Before Insert" of the Form1 that: " Form_Form1.TextBoxB = Form_Form1.TextBoxA " It is not recording A values into the field B... Where am I wrong? Can you help me please? Sory !!! When I write down the same code into `OnExit` of TextBoxA, it is working...!! yes, ...

Physical Inventory Does Not Work With Matrix Items.
The physical inventory feature in RMS is not usable with matrix type items. It is impossible to filter the inventory count down to a managable number of items for a matrix items. The items I sell consist of a model name, a size, and a color. The matrix lookup code (model name) is not available as a filter. When I try to filter the physical inventory list I get thousands of irrelevant items mixed in with what I want to inventory. I would suggest that the item lookup code be added as a filter for the physical inventory. I would also suggest that when you make a matrix inactive that it ...

Change Legend Entry label of "Total" to actual name of field.
I have two pivot charts. One has multiple criteria and when I create a pivot chart, each series field breaks out properly using the names provided in the multiple criteria given. Now, the issue is when I have a single (one) field name, the chart automatically has the legend entry of "Total" since I am using the 'sum of' option. I've manually changed the name of the field in the pivot table, but the label on the chart remains the same. I've go so far as to read several tips on going to the source data to change this but of course when working with pivot tables, you ca...

java srcipt not working, getting about blank page
i have windows xp recently i have been getting a blank page behind the page im trying to open, mainly pogo games or playsite games, i have all new updates from microsoft installed, but i cant change calender set up either, what di i need to do This newsgroup is for questions related to Microsoft Publisher. You would be better off posting your question to the appropriate group. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "the big bud man 8" <the big bud man 8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BED6D77A-DD80-48B8-A58A-1FC98613ED2A@microsoft.com... >i hav...

Custom Tool bar button on Contacts/Leads/Account Forms Intermittently not working.
Hello CRM gurus, I have a weird issue with a clients web CRM 3 client. I have modified the 'isv.config.xml' and 'isv.confg' files to add a custom button to the contacts/leads/account forms. What seems to be happen, at times (seems to be random) the picture of the button doesn't show up, but the text does and the you cannot click on the button anymore. It only happens to one client PC, as the rest of the client PCs work without any problems. I have run out of ideas as to why this is occurring. Are there any log files that I can look at? Any help on this problem will be g...

"ghost or blank" messages with date field of "none".....help?
using the ESEUTIL utility, we recently had to rebuild our message store because of a corrupted restore attempt. everything restored nicely...execpt now we have some users that have what seems to be blank messages. when outlook is opened, and messages are listed in the inbox or deleted items folder, these messages are blank except for the word "none" in the date field. they can not be accessed nor deleted. any ideas on how to resolve this issue?? thanks! On 26 Sep 2006 12:07:04 -0700, "kamor56" <kmorgan56@gmail.com> wrote: >using the ESEUTIL utility, we recentl...

conditional "business required" field
I have 2 fields, A and B Depending on picklist selection from field A, I want field B to be "business required" or not. Is this done with onchange Jscript on field A? What are the CRM events controlling "business required". Is there a list of all CRM supported events? Thanks Paul Yes, you should use onchange event of FieldA. Use "crmForm.SetFieldReqLevel('field_schema_name', true);" to make it Required, or put 'false' for the second parameter to remove requirment. Note that the function SetFieldReqLevel is unsupported. The list of all ...

autocomplete addresses not working
I have just set up an account and imported my contacts via a windows csv file, now when I start a new mail and start to type in the 'To' field the address isn't automatically recognised. I have the settings correct in Advanced e mail settings. Can this be restored? You will restore it when you send enough messages to populate your autocompletion cache. That's what Autocomplete uses, not your Contacts. Autoresolution (Automatic Name Checking) uses your Contacts Data. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message ...

How to update a specific field from a Find Duplicates querie
I have to update 1 table that has multiple duplications. If i search for duplicate on Field1, Field2, and Field3 all matching, i receive many duplicates where Field4 and Field 5 are different and/or Null. What do i need to do to the query so that Field4 and Field5 will be automatically updated when the duplicate is found? Current: Field1 Field2 Field3 Field4 Field5 Mike Smith 1234 KEEP Mike Smith 1234 DELETE 9012 Desire result: Field1 Field2 Field3 Field4 Field5 Mike Smith 1234 KEEP 9012 (...

Outlook Express Delete not working
Windows XP Home Outlook Express won't let me delete all my deleted emails at one time. I can only do won at a time. In the EDIT, the (delete all deleted messages) isn't highlighted. Is there a quick fix for this? Hi Jack, Open Outlook Express. Click Tooks at the top then click Options. Click Maintenance. Check the first option. Click Apply then click OK. Close Outlook Express. Open Outlook Express. Check the folder. -- thecreator "Jack" <Audioman1@myway.com> wrote in message news:ehU1082ALHA.98...

Exchange 2007
Hallo. we have enabled recipient filtering for our organization as we are requested to reject with a SMTP connection error messages addressed to non existent recipients as follows: EMC - Organization Configuration - Hub Transport - Anti-spam - Recipient Filtering enabled Block messages sent to recipients not listed in the GAL Still, if I telnet on port 25 I get a 250 2.1.5 Recipient OK message to a RCPT TO:non_existent_user@mydomain.com We have 2 Exchange 2007 SP1 servers: both are HubTransport+ClientAccess+Mailbox+UnifiedMessaging Exch1 is Windows Server 2003 Ent R2 SP2 ...

Delete Field in Backend Database
Access 2007 user looking for code that will delete a field from a specified table on a backend database. AND/OR...change the Field Size on an existing field. Thanks! -- DT No user should have this ability. This is a recipe for disaster!!!! Anywho, To delete a field you'd do something along the line of Dim db As DAO.Database Dim tdf As DAO.TableDef Set db = CurrentDb set tdf = db.TableDefs ("YourTableName") tdf.Fields.Delete ("YourFieldName") or using SQL, something like Db.Execute "ALTER TABLE YourTableName " & _ ...

modifying field values in an Access 2003 query
Someone please help. Is there a SQL or Visual Basic statement that can be used to set/change the values in a field in an Access 2003 query to a default value? I'm more familiar with the concept of a table's field (or a control on a form) having a "default" value. How is it that you expect a query's field to have a default value? What are the circumstances? If, for example, you want to display something like "n/a" when an underlying field in a table contains a Null, you could use something like: YourQueryField: IIF(IsNull([YourUnderlyingField]),...

Activate "Contacts" field within a Contact
I just upgraded from 2003 to 2007. I was using the Link Contact field in 2003. I just found the Contacts field in 2007 but I cannot edit this field. How do I activate the field. Is there a way to show this field when you open a contact? You need to add the field to that view: Tools > Options > Preferences > Contact Options > Show Contact Linking... -- Russ Valentine "AJ" <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C565B904-9DEB-4F29-AED4-716F2CB253EE@microsoft.com... >I just upgraded from 2003 to 2007. I was using the Link Contact fi...

Why my setting doesn't work?
I am trying to write a program similar to "ping".Like the example provided in MSDN,I call setsockopt function to set SO_RCVTIMEO value for my raw socket.And before I make a call to recvfrom,I call getsockopt to ensure that the value ihas been correctly set,and it has.But recvfrom does not return automatically when the specified timeout is exceeded,conversely ,it gets stuck permanently if no packet can be received. If anyone knows why ,could you please tell me what I should do to get the result I want?Thank you in advance for you help. ...

Spam Program that works on Public Folders
Hello, I currently use SpamNet for spam filtering, and it works great. However, some my messages get delivered to a Public Folder (Outlook 2003 / Exchange 2003) and those messages are not filted by SpamNet. Does anyone know of a Spam program that works on emails that show as posts in an Exchange Public Folder? Thanks, Gerald Try www.spambayes.org Gerald S schrieb: > > Hello, > > I currently use SpamNet for spam filtering, and it works great. > However, some my messages get delivered to a Public Folder (Outlook 2003 > / Exchange 2003) and those messages are not filte...

Tab key press does not work when MS flex grid presend on CFormView Based views
When dynamically create a MS Flex Grid based grid control on a CFormView based view in MFC application, tab will stop working after one press which will put the last columns header of the grid control in focus and you could not tab anymore. You have to move the carrot to another control on the view manually using mouse, then the tab will start working again. This only happens with the .NET VS 2003 and 2005 compiler. Hi Dennis, I have performed some tests on this issue and could repro the problem in our side. In VS2003 and VS2005, if the MSFlexGrid control created dynamically withi...

Field Type Mismatch on select
I have an input field (InputFieldA) that a user can type either a location# (alphanumeric - could be all numeric) or zipcode (numeric). I have the following select: select * from TableA where location = InputFieldA I would like to just do something simple to select the information regardlesss of whether they type in location# or zip. I thought something like this would work: select * from TableA where location = InputFieldA or zipcode = InputFieldA This works if the field is a zipcode (numeric) but not if it contains characters because it fails with a mis match on field type. (The ...

OWA not working
We are migrating from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003. We used the exdeploy tool to guide us through the migration..joined the exchange 2003 server to an existing 5.5 site, moved the mailboxes over to the exchange 2003 server using system manager and then logged in with each users account so outlook would detect the new server. The only thing that is not working is the OWA. On each computer the web address defaults back to the old mail server login page. What needs to be done? ...

fail when try to select field from an entity view
Hello, I have a problem when I am tryin to select a field from an entity main viewalthough I succeed to do that when I open a session from a the CRM Server. Can somone help to find an explaination. I should mention that even when I open a session from a client machine I use the administrator credentials Thanks in advance Try adding about:blank to the trusted sites in IE and check. HTH, Niths "Ahmed Maaloul" wrote: > Hello, I have a problem when I am tryin to select a field from an entity main > viewalthough I succeed to do that when I open a session from a the CRM >...