Referencing the Baseline Work field

All,
I'm trying to create a calculated field that takes the contents of the
Baseline Work field and multiply by the Physcial % Complete field. The
formula is ([Baseline Work] * ([Physical % Complete]/100)). I get some
screwball number, so to verify the contents of the Baseline Work
field, I created a custom field (Baseline0Work) that just references
that field, ([Baseline Work]). The number in the Baseline0Work field
does not match what shows in the Baseline Work field. In fact, for one
task, the Baseline Work field shows 6256 and the Baseline0Work field
shows 375360. What's going on ?!?!?!?!?
0
Shane

6256 X 60 = 375360

Project stores Work in units of minutes.  Divide everything by 60 and you
should be good.

- Andrew Lavinsky
Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm

> All,
> I'm trying to create a calculated field that takes the contents of the
> Baseline Work field and multiply by the Physcial % Complete field. The
> formula is ([Baseline Work] * ([Physical % Complete]/100)). I get some
> screwball number, so to verify the contents of the Baseline Work
> field, I created a custom field (Baseline0Work) that just references
> that field, ([Baseline Work]). The number in the Baseline0Work field
> does not match what shows in the Baseline Work field. In fact, for one
> task, the Baseline Work field shows 6256 and the Baseline0Work field
> shows 375360. What's going on ?!?!?!?!?

0
Andrew
6/3/2010 7:25:13 PM
On Jun 3, 1:25=A0pm, Andrew Lavinsky <(Catapult Systems)> wrote:
> 6256 X 60 =3D 375360
>
> Project stores Work in units of minutes. =A0Divide everything by 60 and y=
ou
> should be good.
>
> - Andrew Lavinsky
> Blog:http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
>

> > All,
> > I'm trying to create a calculated field that takes the contents of the
> > Baseline Work field and multiply by the Physcial % Complete field. The
> > formula is ([Baseline Work] * ([Physical % Complete]/100)). I get some
> > screwball number, so to verify the contents of the Baseline Work
> > field, I created a custom field (Baseline0Work) that just references
> > that field, ([Baseline Work]). The number in the Baseline0Work field
> > does not match what shows in the Baseline Work field. In fact, for one
> > task, the Baseline Work field shows 6256 and the Baseline0Work field
> > shows 375360. What's going on ?!?!?!?!?- Hide quoted text -

Andrew,
Thanks. Perfect answer. The calculation works.
0
Shane

Outlook 2003 Send option does not work from other programs
I am having a problem sending email when trying to send from another program. I can send email from Outlook by clicking on the paperclip but if I go into Word or Excel and send as attachment it pops up the box and when I click on Send nothing happens and it does not go. Have tried deleing the normal.dot and doing repair and same thing. Running Outlook 2003 Thanks Norman Describe in complete and accurate detail what you mean. Include how you have Outlook configured and whether it is running. Never have I seen a paperclip that sends mail. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "No...

Excel password not working
A co-worker sent me an excel spreadsheet that's password protected. When I try to open it, it says my password is incorrect. When she opens the same file, the password works for her. We're both stumped. The only differnce is how we're logged into our PCs, and our Outlook/Exchange accounts. Where would we found the settings to change so that I have permission for the password to work? Ask her to unprotect it and resend it! :-) John "gregf" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18d601c4a7d5$3cd32640$a301280a@phx.gbl... >A co-worker...

Update subform field
Please bear with me as I try to explain what I need. I have a database that is used for tracking employee contributions to a non-taxable medical reimbursement plan. I currently have frmContributions which is used to view yearly employee contributions. Form fields are: EmployeeID, EmployeeName, YearlyContribution. On this form I also have a subform which will be used to track withdrawls from the account. The subform fields are EmployeeID, StartAmt, Request, Paid, and Remaining. I need the first record in this subform to list StartAmt as the YearlyContribution amount (from the pa...

desktop alert not working
Perhaps somebody can tell me why the desktop alert stops working after a few days. Arend Perhaps, but it would be helpful if we knew more about your system. What operating system are you using? What version of Outlook and have you installed the latest service packs? Stops working a few days after what? That's a good start.... -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post que...

search does not work properly?
When seraching for mail the search gives no results if you check it manually the email you are looking for is 4 weeks earlier. 2 hours of work time lost for that manual search. Hard to say what is going on without any configuration details. For Instant Search troubleshooting steps see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/47 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Sys-admin-to...

Outlook 2000 forms does not work in Exchange 2000
I have a Outlook 2000 leave form that user used to apply leave. The form is then emailed to the approval and the approval opened the form to approve or reject. The reply is then emailed back to applicant. The Outlook form did not work for the approval. When you click on the approve button nothing happened. I understand MAPI doesn't work on Exchange 2000. Here is the approve subroutine: Sub cmdApproveLeave_Click() Set cControls = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages ("Message").Controls If cControls("txbDisableFunctions").text = "888" Then Msg = ...

Move to next message on delete not working in preview
How do I get Outlook 2003 to move to the next item in preview mode. It works on my Work system Outlook 2000. The only difference I know is that we use Exchange at work and an IMAP server at home. Is there a setting I have in OL 2003 or is this a server issue. Thanks, Ian It is an account type issue. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Ian Stewart ask...

Autofilter not working
Hi, When using AutoFilter in Excel (Data->Autofilter) the spreadsheet freezes and stops working. This occurs on both small and large spreadsheets. Any info on how to overcome this is appreciated. Ahmed ...

Fields not shrinking
I have a report that has two fields (that contain email addresses), that I am trying to print on a report, right next to each other. They have the same Top value, and same height value. I have them both set to Can Grow and Can Shrink. However, when both fields are blank, it still shows a blank line on the report (nothing else is within the height of these two cells, they are on their own "line". What might be interfering? Also set the CanGrow and CanShrink properties to Yes for the section in which these textboxes are located (perhaps the Detail section?). -- ...

Charts not working after pasting table from html page
After pasting a table from a webpage into excel 2003, it is imposible to make the charts function work as normal When I retype the table manually, chart wizard works fine Even formating the cells as text and numbers, the chart wizard does not work Pasting special (text or unicode) and reformating the correct cells to numbers does not work Looks like the Chart wizard treat the table as just one text-entry and one number Drives me nuts....this worked on Excel 2000 so why does it not work here... Must be one normal way to make this (typical task) work in Excel 2003? Hi try the following - for...

Help with referenced sheet
Hi all, I am attempting to feed data into a cell on sheet ABC that comes from another sheet that will be created programmatically (call it sheet XYZ). I start by creating the reference with sheet XYZ already existing, so that I can pick the cells I want off of it. I then delete sheet XYZ. My cells on ABC all then become #REF, which is okay with me. I save and close. I then run the program that takes some data, opens my excel file, and (re)creates sheet XYZ and puts the data I want onto it. The problem is that all of my cells on ABC that reference XYZ keep the #REF until I double ...

Create a lookup field in CRM3.0
Can I create a lookup field in Quote and this field is referenced to another entity(eg. user in CRM system)? ---I mean: this field is a lookup field, the picklist is all user in CRM system. Is CRM3.0 support is function? Can anyone can help me? Thanks -- Richard CRM 3.0 does not support creating new relationships (or their lookups) between system entities so the answer is no, sorry.. Peter Lynch "Richard Jin" <RichardJin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6041321-457B-4F32-9620-AF688FABC96C@microsoft.com... > Can I create a lookup field in Quote a...

Zoom not working
I've not used Visio in years and am working with a large flowchart in which I'm trying to enlarge a small portion of the shapes so that I can see and properly edit the text. The zoom is currently fixed at 58% and shows the entire flowchart. I can't seem to override this and increase it whether I use a pan&zoom window, the zoom tool on the toolbar or even control-Shift + dragging a selection around the few shapes I want to zoom. What am I doing wrong? ------=_NextPart_0001_0D77F89A Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit What version of Visio, and wh...

Method to increment value in data field?
It would be helpful while tabulating survey data, to be able to increment a field value by one-- with the stroke of a "hot key" rather than having to erase the current value and raise it by one. Does such a method exist? Karl You have to use VB Copy this macro into a module. Press Alt + F11,Insert, Module and then paste the code Sub Incr() Dim c For Each c In Selection c.Value = c + 1 Next End Sub Press Alt+F8 select the macro and choose OPtions and you can assign a short cut key to run the macro Regards Peter "Karl H" wrote: > It would be helpf...

CELL("filename") doesn't work on shortcut workbook link?
Hi, I got a shortcut link of master workbook and I"m trying to find the location of shortcut linked file. E.G. 1) C:/master file.xls 2) C:/MyFolder/shortcut to master file.xls Now when I add this formula to shortcut file =Cell("filename") it shows C:/master file.xls but I'm interested in C:/MyFolder/shortcut to master file.xls . Is it possible? Thanks Kevin No. The shortcut in My Folder is simply that, a shortcut to the actual file which resides on the C drive. Nothing is actually being opened from the MyFolder. -- Best Regards, Luke M ...

Check Activesheet for chart sheet or work sheet
Is there any method that will check whether the active sheet is a chart sheet or a worksheet? Thanks Hi, You could use the Typename funciton. MsgBox TypeName(ActiveSheet) Cheers Andy NSK wrote: > Is there any method that will check whether the active sheet is a chart sheet > or a worksheet? > > Thanks ...

Autonumber field, restart at 1 for a copy
The office where I work uses an app that I developed. Another office which does similar work wants me to make a copy of the app for them. The main table of my app has an autonumber field which is up over 30,000 now. In the copied db I'd like that table to have no records initially and the autonumber field should restart from 1. How can I make this happen? On Fri, 7 Dec 2007 18:42:01 -0800, "David Portwood" <Mondrogan@yahoo.com> wrote: >The office where I work uses an app that I developed. Another office which >does similar work wants me to make a copy of th...

Need to Add a Field in PO Report of GP
Hi, Anyone of you please help me... I need to Add the field "Buyer Description" in the PO Report. but the table "Purchase Order Work" is having only the "buyer ID". How to link it with Buyer ID master and take the description. ie how to add the new GP table to the existing GP Report Better tell me without using Modifier. Or if there is no way,please tell me the possible solution. Kind Regards, Jothi krishnaN E-Mail:jothikrishnann@calsoft.co.in You need to use Report Writer to add this table relationship and then add the table and field to the report ...

Disclaimer does not work
Hi there, I have a problem with the SMTP disclaimer. I did follow the 317680 procedure, I've created the script then I´ve registered with smtpreg.vbs. But nothing happens The script was registered in the routing group bridgehead server to avoid the MAPI problem. (All the servers sent SMTP mail to it and the outsise). At the same time I'm using webmail (OWA) to forward mail outside the organization. But the disclaimer doesn´t show up So I don´t understand the problem. Pls -- Gabriel N Argentina ...

Delay Send Not Working
Delay send isn't working correctly. User creates a message, clicks on Options, and selects Delay Send until after date/time. The date/time passes (by a few hours) and the message still sits in the Outbox. Any suggestions? Thanks! ...

text wrap options don't work
Suddenly, I'm having 2 problems with text wrapping I never had before. Situation 1: When I place an image overlapping a text box, the words do not move out of the way. The image (or another text box, I've tried that too) just sits there and blocks my view of the words in the first text box. I've tried clicking on the various text wrap options, but when I choose any of them (Square, Tight, Through, Top & Bottom, or None) it simply ignores me and acts as if I have chosen None for everything. Situation 2: For some images (perhaps the type of image makes a difference) onl...

How do I add a record to a bound field on a subform?
Hi, i have a form, mostly with product info, and on it i have a subform with buyer info. The subform tracks the main form ok (finally) but when i try to enter new information into the subform i get this error message: "control cant be edited; it's bound to the exression [Buyer_name]" How the heck do you manage this? Thanks for any direction, Richard Stricker On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 23:02:23 -0700, "Richard Stricker" <clearpath@cox.net> wrote: >Hi, i have a form, mostly with product info, and on it i have a subform with >buyer info. The subform tracks ...

Working with dates and time
I need to calculate the elapsed time in hours from data in 4 date and time columns (date dd/mm/yyyy format and time in 24 hour format) e.g. Start Date Start Time Stop Date Stop Time 10/12/2008 15:10 13/12/2008 12:50 11/12/2008 02:00 11/12/2008 16:30 11/12/2008 10:10 13/12/2008 09:00 I need to then be able to find the average elapsed time in hours. Manually the solution for the above is: 69:40 14:30 46:50 Average elapsed time: 43:40 As I am not used to working with date and time fields, any he...

Mapping leads to "Regarding" fields
When we refer to leads, I guess we are more referring to early opportunities with less chance of being converted to a job from a CRM perspective. CRM seems to view leads more as people who have mentioned something. When you set up an activity from a lead, it refers to the lead by the person's name. Since in our case, there's not necessarily a name (i.e. a lead could be generated by a news bulletin announcing something that suggests there may be work for us to tender for) and the topic always describes the lead. Is it possible to change the mapping so that when you set up an activity...

Work order to Purchase Order
We've just implemented RMS 1.2 at our store. I noticed that RMS can automatically place appropriate purchase orders for items sold within a specified time period. Is there a way for items on a work-order that are out of stock or soon to be below acceptable quantities to be added to the counts in the purchase orders without manual entry? Hi Greg, I'm editor of the Microsoft Business Solutions Community site (www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/community) and we're having a Microsoft developer from the RMS team answer questions like yours on ITEMS this week. We'll po...