Read only access within a department

Hello,
With the default settings in Project Server 2007, the Project Managers group
has read/write access only to their own projects.
How to give them Read only access to the projects belonging to other PMs,
but only within a specific department (their department) in the
organization?
Thanks for your help

0
Robert

Create a departmental structure in the RBS, then assign the PMs under the
department heading.  Configure the My Organization category to allow PMs
to see projects owned by folks at the same level of RBS, and that should
work - probably with some tinkering to get it exactly the way you want it.

- Andrew Lavinsky
Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm

> Hello,
> With the default settings in Project Server 2007, the Project Managers
> group
> has read/write access only to their own projects.
> How to give them Read only access to the projects belonging to other
> PMs,
> but only within a specific department (their department) in the
> organization?
> Thanks for your help

0
Andrew
1/31/2010 11:31:25 AM
Andrew,
Thanks for the idea, I'll do that.

"Andrew Lavinsky" <(Catapult Systems)> a �crit dans le message de news:
c4abab722c5458cc704dc3b0519b@msnews.microsoft.com...
> Create a departmental structure in the RBS, then assign the PMs under the
> department heading.  Configure the My Organization category to allow PMs
> to see projects owned by folks at the same level of RBS, and that should
> work - probably with some tinkering to get it exactly the way you want it.
>
> - Andrew Lavinsky
> Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
>
>> Hello,
>> With the default settings in Project Server 2007, the Project Managers
>> group
>> has read/write access only to their own projects.
>> How to give them Read only access to the projects belonging to other
>> PMs,
>> but only within a specific department (their department) in the
>> organization?
>> Thanks for your help

0
Robert

remote user to access server
I have a remote client who needs to access files on the server. To be honest, I don=92t really know how to set this up. Can anyone make any suggestions on how to get this done. I want it to be as simple as possible for them, and as secure as possible for me. Thoughts Give user permission to vpn to server. Give permission to access necessary files. Map folder on remote computer to open needed folder This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0058_01CB43AD.F32BAC80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: qu...

How to restore access to user
Hi everyone, Basically A user was moved to a new business unit. Then we tried to add his roles back through AD and since then the user gets the access denied error message when trying to login. I am running a security descriptor repair tool that I got from microsoft crm support. After this is done will the user be able to login or do i need to recreate his roles in crm. thanks for the help Mark Mark, You should never, ever, ever, modify CRM related items directly in AD. The app puts information in botht he database and in AD when t makes changes. The security descriptor fix will not...

SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003 getting error c103b405 when trying to access system folders
We are trying to setup some custom eForms in exchange for integration with a non-Microsoft Unified Messaging system. I am a part time admin - and about the 6th different admin type to have my fingers in these systems and so I have little information about previous actions ... thus my cry for help here! The steps are as follows: 1. Login as Enterprise Domain Admin 2. Start the Microsoft Exchange System Manager application. 3. Expand Administrative Groups >Folders. 4. Click Public Folders. 5. From the System Manager toolbar, select Action >View System Folders. This is wher...

OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail
Hello, I have a new computer with a new outlook version and I have not had this problem before. Every email with an attachment has the above message on it so that when I open an email, I cannot access the attachment. The way I get around this is forward the message and the attachment is again available for me to click on the about to be forwarded email. Can I turn off this "unsafe" option. How else can I see my attachments when I open up emails? Any ideas? Thanks Try a little research next time before you post - this is probably one of the most often asked questions in...

Access 2003
I maintain an equipment inventory database in Access 2003 with just a handful of tables and several regular queries. Each piece of equipment has a unique 6-digit asset tag, and that field is the primary key. No two records can have the same asset tag. Periodically equipment gets replaced, and I am looking for a way to do the following when replacing multiple pieces of equipment. 1. Multiple asset tags would be entered into a form or table. Their corresponding records would be found in TABLE-1 2. Certain fields of the records found would be appended to TABLE-2 showing them as having been repla...

Access 2007 Runtime Problems
My Access 2007 file fails to open on a machine with the 2007 Access runtime version installed. It comes up with a Security alert message. Is there a security setting in the Access Database that needs to be enabled to run the code and macros? ...

Command Buttons Don't Work in Access 2007
Hello: I'm sure there's a quick and easy answer to this question. After doing all of my previous work in Access 2003, I just installed Access 2007. Much to my surprise, the first time I opened a custom form, none of the command buttons on my form worked. I couldn't open a report, save a record, run a query, etc. Can someone please explain why. In addition, can you also take a couple of moments to highlight any significant changes I should be aware of and kind of point me in the right direction to make the transition to 2007 go a little smoother. Thanks, Robert "Rober...

Nested JOIN clauses
Dear all, I'm currently working with a fairly complex query covering six tables. I've basically got it sorted, but it's got me thinking about multiple, nested JOIN clauses and their order of precedence. It looks, from my experience, as though JOINs must be in brackets (if nested) and are evaluated from the inside out. Access Help seems to indicate this, also. I have read that this may not be the case, however. Is my understanding correct? If brackets do NOT indicate order of precedence, what is their purpose, and why does Access require them? To take a sim...

""An error occurred while reading the new account information.""
I am running Windows Vista 64 bit Home Premium on a Toshiba Satelite L555D-57910. I have to user accounts 1-admin and 1 limited. Recently both accounst lost their account information for the email addresses and can no longer send and recieve mail from their servers as a result. The mail folders, sorting rules etc. seem un affected. when I try to restore the email info from tools-accounts-add it lets me put in all the information the gives me the error message: ""An error occurred while reading the new account information."" and exits without adding the account. ...

can't access attachments
Some of the attachnments I receive are grey rather than black (on the name after I click on the paper clip) and nothing happens when I click on them. Can anyone help? thanks If you are running Outlook Express, select Tools | Options | Security tab and uncheck the second box from the top concerning attachments. "steve" <flying@rn.com> wrote in message news:034501c36aae$7b83e100$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Some of the attachnments I receive are grey rather than > black (on the name after I click on the paper clip) and > nothing happens when I click on them. > > Ca...

How can I get access and full functionality of my Visio 2000 stenc
I have recently upgraded to Visio 2003 Standard form 2000. I am not able to convert and have full functionalitly of my 2000 version stencils and shapes. Please advise on how to resolve this challenge Rupert Balgobin what version of v2000 were you running (standard or pro)? Al "Rupert Balgobin" <Rupert Balgobin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF2AE015-0AA5-4C1A-A161-32F31BDED7CE@microsoft.com... > I have recently upgraded to Visio 2003 Standard form 2000. I am not able to convert and have full functionalitly of my 2000 version stencils and shapes. > &...

OWA, access meeting labels
Hello: We are looking for a way to modify meeting labels (the color of the meeting entry in the Outlook Calendar) in Outlook Web Access. We have been looking around for 3rd party products that may support this, but so far we have not found anything. Does anybody know of any products, that will give users access to the "label" attribute for meetings in Outlook Web Access? Thanks in advance.... -- Chris If you're adventurous, you can pretty much modify whatever you like through the CSS files somewhere under the exchweb/ directory. If you have E2K3, you might find them under P...

Trying to determine what cells within a Row have a 0 (zero) value
I'm new to programming and am trying to create code to read a row cells 5 - 24 and determine what cell has a 0 value (The row is always sorted by descending values). So I want to read each cell starting with C5 through the end of the range C24, and stop when it gets the first 0 value. Here is my code so far. I don't get any errors, but it deos not seem to be doing anything. All Help is appreceated! Sub CreateNewSortRange() Dim StartRange As Variant Dim EndRange As Variant Dim EndRangeAdress As Variant Sheets("TestRange").Activate Range("...

Access to RSS Tool
Is there a tool out there that will convert an Access database into a RSS XML feed? I know I can setup a database with the correct RSS fields and then convert to XML, but it would be nice to have a tool that would do the proper conversions. -- Brandon http://www.presentationsdirect.com ...

selecting gp company within crystal at run-time
I'm using GPv8 and Crystal 10(?). I have a report in Crystal that I want to be able to run against any of our multiple company databases in GP. For example, I want one of the parameters the user would enter to be "Select Company". How can I do this? Right now I have multiple versions of the report saved, with each pointing to a different SQL Server Database. Thanks, Rob Post your email address and I will send you a sample code which will let you process data from a selected company. I had to do it for myself to create a Consolidated Historical Trial Balance Report...

Could not read the calendar error outlook 2010 beta
Hi guys, I'm getting the error 'Could not read the calendar' in my outlook 2010. Windows7 64bit, office 2010 BETA 32bit... I'm also using google sync 1.8.338.2001... I can view the calendar in 'list' format, but not in Calendar format, that's when the error message comes up... A real pain, any help appreciated. "jnrdavo" <jnrdavo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E73AA251-0694-443B-A661-A828E60086CE@microsoft.com... > I'm getting the error 'Could not read the calendar' in my outlook 2010. > &g...

Outlook is still sending read receipts when they are turned off
Hi All, In outlook 2007, I have an exchange account and an imap account setup. In tools->options->Email Options->Tracking Options I have it set to "Never send a response" for read receipts. But for some reason people are still receiving read receipts from me when ever I read emails in my imap account. How can I stop this happening? Bob <Bob@bobsyouruncle.com> wrote: > I have it set to "Never send a response" for read receipts. > > But for some reason people are still receiving read receipts from me > when ever I read emails in my imap ac...

How to password protect network (internet) access/connection?
Hi, I'd like to write a small program to password protect any network (especially internet) access connection. So whenever a service, program, application tries to connect/access internet it will ask for a password... Could you help me please? Thanks. > So whenever a service, program, application tries to connect/access = internet=20 > it will ask for a password...=20 Set up Windows Firewall in a proper way. --=20 Maxim S. Shatskih Windows DDK MVP maxim@storagecraft.com http://www.storagecraft.com ...

Utility.mda issue in Access 2007
I have a major problem. We have several hundred Access databases. All have a reference to utility.mda. Since this is no longer a part of Access we have a problem. Every database doesn't function properly. Removing the reference seems to solve the problem.My question is if there is a way to remove this reference in bulk. I don't want to have to open and alter the reference in every single database.Suggestions anyone?Steve Hi Steve,No, it will have to be removed individually from each affectedapplication. However, it would be fairly easy to create a newapplication that would step throu...

Remove read only prompt
When a spreadsheet is open by a user and a second user wishes to open it, is it possible to remove the read only prompt that appears in the box that says Read Only, Notify, Cancel? We wish it to be only viewed in any mode by one exclusive user at a time but I cannot find an option to do this. I've tried all the security settings etc. Hi, When that file is open, go to File->Save as. In the 'save as window' click on Tools->General options and uncheck 'Read-only recommended' and click on 'OK' and save the file with the same name & location. Regards ...

Can I read a range of scenario (input) values from a table?
When creating several scenarios (to ultimately get a scenario summary), it's laborious typing in a scenario name followed by a scenario value for each scenario. Is there any way of setting up a table of (names and) input values and just reading them into the scenario manager? ...

Problems with SS2K OPENROWSET accessing a dBase file on W2008
Hi, I've got SQL Server 2000 sitting on W2003. I have a dBase file on a share on W2008. This file was recently moved here from a NAS box. I am trying to run the following command (which ran fine when the file was on the NAS box): SELECT * FROM OPENROWSET('MSDASQL','Driver={Microsoft dBase Driver (*.dbf)}; ;DBQ=\\server\cpm\v\wok ;SourceType=DBF','SELECT * FROM SALARIES') The error message is: [OLE/DB provider returned message: [Microsoft][ODBC dBase Driver] Invalid connection string attribute SourceType] [OLE/DB provider returned message: [Micr...

5.7.1 Access denied
I am getting the error message below when sending to a particular domain. MSEXCH:IMS:Company Name Here:Company:EXCHSRVR 3550 (000B09B6) 550 5.7.1 Access denied Does anybody know what is the cause of this? I would ask them. Mike M wrote: > I am getting the error message below when sending to a > particular domain. > > MSEXCH:IMS:Company Name Here:Company:EXCHSRVR 3550 > (000B09B6) 550 5.7.1 Access denied > > Does anybody know what is the cause of this? The NDR is being generated by my email server though, not the recipient server. I tried tracerouting to the...

Email's status automatically change to read after 5 mins
Hi, I encountered this problem with my Outlook 2007 running on Windows Vista Business edition. The email's status will automatically change to 'read' after 5 mins residing in the Inbox, even before I click on the the mail. Anybody that encountere the same problem can enlighten me on how to solve this problem? Thanks in advanced. Cheers, wisman "Wisman" <Wisman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FEE9D77-316A-4F0A-B0E2-63C86D5CA394@microsoft.com... > I encountered this problem with my Outlook 2007 running on Windows Vista &...

Different colors within on cell.
1 ; 45 ; 0 I want to change the color of each of the above numbers to bold green, 1, then bold black 45 and finally bold blue 0. Each number in the one cell is from the following formula: =TEXT(C4,0)&" ; "&TEXT(D4,0)&" ; "&TEXT(E4,0) It is lack of space on the paper printout that I want to combine the 3 cells into 1. Thanks for any help. Lee It is possible to have the three words in Mom's Apple Pie display in different colours but there is no way to have a formula deliver three colours! How about making the columns narrower? -- Bernard ...