PWA 2007 - Time-phased Comment

In the "my timesheet" view of PWA 2007, I would like to allow my staff to
enter a comment along with each time-phased entry.  For example: Task "Create
Module" is assigned to "John Doe".  On Monday, John spent 3 hours and wants
to comment on what he did that day; on Tuesday he spent 5.5 hours and wants
to comment on what he did that day; and so on...

During my research, there is a comment field within the table that stores
the time-phased entry.  Therefore, it appears this comment data can be stored
appropriately.

Question: How do I get the "comment" entry field available on the "My
Timesheet" view for each time-phased entry?

Hi Sherman,
You are quite right, the databasse accomodates for the timephased comments,
but the user interface does not accomodate for it. What you would need to do
is develop the UI for the comment per day.
If you browse the net a little, I think you will come accross some vendors
that alreaddy offer this add on to Project Server. I cant think of one now,
but I have seen it in the past.
Hope this helps
--
Marc Soester [MVP]
http://www.i-pmo.com.au

"Sherman" wrote:

> In the "my timesheet" view of PWA 2007, I would like to allow my staff to
> enter a comment along with each time-phased entry.  For example: Task "Create
> Module" is assigned to "John Doe".  On Monday, John spent 3 hours and wants
> to comment on what he did that day; on Tuesday he spent 5.5 hours and wants
> to comment on what he did that day; and so on...
>
> During my research, there is a comment field within the table that stores
> the time-phased entry.  Therefore, it appears this comment data can be stored
> appropriately.
>
> Question: How do I get the "comment" entry field available on the "My
> Timesheet" view for each time-phased entry?

Changing text/color after a time period?
I hope some of the brilliant Excel people here can help me out. What I am looking to do, is enter a date in a certain cell (if it helps conceptualize, the date that I ship something to someone). Is it possible to have that cell with the "ship date" in it, either change colors, or change the font size, or something, after 30 days have gone by? My reasoning is that the product I ship out, has to be back to me in 30 days, or a penalty will incur to the other party. I just want these fields that have exceeded the 30 day mark, to stick out, so I can easily identify them. Thanks for any h...

Cannot Start Outlook 2007
I downloaded an update for Outlook 2007 today and now cannot open the program. I get error message which says" Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. I need some help please. This is my business email and I am out of luck. Thanks "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C97BB9D-810F-471F-B90F-64AE65FEE76B@microsoft.com... > I downloaded an update for Outlook 2007 today and now cannot open the > program. I get error message which says" Cannot start Microsoft Office > Outlook. Cannot...

Charting blocks of time as a bar graph
Is there a way to convert/display a given chunk of time (for example a person's shift) into a bar graph/chart? For example: If someone works 6am-2pm, I would like to have that shift show up as a bar in a graph covering those hours. I would ultimately like to enter a person's shift and have it display somewhere else on the page or another sheet in a graph form to see graphically if we are short in coverage somewhere. An example of what I mean can be found here: https://public.me.com/gadgetman Any suggestions/help???? hi, you can download a model (Gantt Chart) here: http://o...

creating shared calendar in outlook 2007
Hi, I would like to create a shared calendar (diary, bookings) for the corporate, the thing is, when I go to organization and default folders, I'm able to create but when I go to OWA or Outlook 2K7 can't seem the folder (either rss and others, only the main mailboxs), also I cannot see public folder , only mailbox in bot owa and outlook 2k7. What is the best method to create a shared calendar? Sorry, I'm completely newbie regarding ex2k7 On 4 Mar 2007 03:50:49 -0800, "k0D" <camocas@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I would like to create a shared calendar (di...

Time #2
I need to be able to click on a cell and have it be populated with the current HH:MM:SS. I know ctrl+shift+; will do the job but I need it to be even more simple than that for the end users. One way: Put this in the worksheet code module (right-click the worksheet tab and choose View Code): Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) With Range("J1") If Not Intersect(Target, .Cells) Is Nothing Then .Value = Time .NumberFormat = "HH:MM:SS" End If End With End Sub ...

how do I set up time sheet and items bought expense sheet
setting up work time and expense Look for a template at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "gianni" <gianni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1176F010-99A3-4D3A-8629-98CDBCD931ED@microsoft.com... > setting up work time and expense ...

Scaling x-axis with time
Can anyone help me with a problem I am having? I have a spreadsheet showing 2000 data points plotted against time, sounds simple However, the number of data points corresponding to 1 second of 'footage' varies. E.g. in a 1 second interval, I sometimes get 5 readings being recorded (0.2, 0.4, 0.6, 0.8, 1.0 sec), and in the next 1 second interval, I get 10 readings being recorded (0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.4, 0.5, 0.6, 0.7, 0.8, 0.9, 1.0 sec). When it comes to graphing the data, the time scale along the X-axis is not 'to scale', I am looking to have the tick mark labels to be di...

Word 2007: how to save to original folder?
How do I force Word 2007 to default to saving files to the folder containing the file I opened? Clearing the "default folder" in the options doesn't do it (at least not with "Save As" when the target is a thumb drive). We generally strongly recommend against saving to (or opening from) any type of removable drive or media. Much safer to save/copy to the HD and then copy/open from there. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "MacAndrewSC" <MacAndrewSC@discussions.microsoft...

Publisher 2007 Trial Help
I installed the trial version of Publisher 2007 and want to uninstall it now. I have tried to remove in the "add/remove" programs section. And I have also tried a suggestion I found in an earlier post about going to the "installer" and trying to uninstall it there. Oh and I tried repairing it and then trying to uninstall it. I can't even open the program from my programs menu and I can't get into the language section to check the language. It tells me that the language isn't compatible with my version or something to that effect. Nothing has worked...

Publisher 2007 will not load files
On my (HP Pavilion t690uk) computer, Publisher 2007 will not load *.pub files even when they have been produced by it and are listed under Recent Publications. There is an exclamation mark in a triangle warning sign and the Message: 'Publisher cannot open the file.' There is no such problem on my laptop (Acer Aspire 1400XC) running the same software. Publisher 2007 reads and writes files and reads Publisher 2003 files with no problem. Office diagnostics programme reported no errors found or corrections applied. The online continuation of the diagnostics programme reports an Ou...

Word 2007
Hi, I've tried to find the solution to this, but to no avail. In 2003 we modified the normal.dot so that every new document had the filename and path in the footer. In 2007 I have modified the normal.dotm and if I click the Office Button, New, my templates, Normal then it works fine, but what I want is when the user just opens Word that the footer already contains the footer. I've got to roll this to 150 users so didn't want to modify each machine, but can make changes in Group Policy or via the login script (to copy files into locations, etc). Any help is gr...

can outlook 2007 and my scanner generate a fax for me?
want to scan to fax. Is that possible? What does this have to do with Outlook? Did you mean to post in another group? -- Russ Valentine "Martin" <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC323A6E-10F9-4525-AEEF-2F6FCE735E84@microsoft.com... > want to scan to fax. Is that possible? If you're asking which fax software you can purchase, research that here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/winxpfax.htm -- Russ Valentine "Martin" <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC323A6E-10F9-4525-AEEF-2F...

how can I find *real* duration time?
Hello, I have a task which lasts four days. I have a resource whose calendar says that it can work four hours a day. I have this resource assigned to this task. When I am in the Gantt view and I take a look at the column "duration", it says "2 days". As far as I remember this column just takes number of hours the task takes, divides it by 8 and reports it as number of days. I want to know how many working days this task really takes. How can I check it? Hi Piotrek, Do you want the resource to work 8 hours over 2 days or 16 hours over 4 days? If the ...

Vacation/Sick Time and Project Accounting
Is there a way we can automatically update the accrued vacation/sick time in Payroll by entering a non-billable project number in Project Accounting and set the pay code to VACN or SICK in the timesheet entry form? ...

Ex 2007 Backup and Restore Quandry
I have an Exchange 2007 on Server 2003 backup and restore situtation. Due to major coorruption on the server we had to rebuild permissions manually from scratch to get the system back online and processing email. Of course I am very concerned about the overall stability on this box and don't trust it to run much longer. Due to a lack of equipment I have to reuse the same box so I first need to backup the stores, flush the logs, and move the stores to a safe place before I can start on the rebuild new OS and Exchange 2007 install. My issue is I can't get Backup Ex...

Outlook 2007 Fonts & Backup
When I set up an appointment in the calendar when you go to month view all the information that showed up in outlook 2003 no longer does. Can I change the fonts in outlook just for the calendar? How can you backup the contacts & calendar in outlook 2007? Lastly, when I go to contacts, and format text the fonts and paragraph fields can not be accessed. Is this right? Bruce <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I set up an appointment in the calendar when you go to month > view all the information that showed up in outlook 2003 no longer > does. Can I change th...

Exchange 2007 ans antispam rules
Hello, I have just migrated from Exchange 2003 to 2007 sp2. I have also a smarthost in DMZ. Not a edge serveur. With Exch2003 I used IMF with my own SCL. It works fine and many spam were stopped. I have "installed" the antispam rules under Exch2007 and configured it with the same SCL rules. But now no emails are stopped. When I look in an email header I can note the following informations : X-MS-EXCHANGE-ORGANISATION-Antispam-report : IPONALLOWLIST and X-MS-EXCHANGE-ORGANISATION-SCL:-1 My smarthost is not in Green list, but just authorized on the reception...

Access file size limit for 2003 and 2007 and memory issue
(1) Can someone tell me the max file size of Access file?(2) Also, when I open a 2GB Access file, does it uses 2 GB of memory?The reason I asked is that when I opened such file, I see theavailable memory in the Tasks Manager window went down to zerogradually.(3) I saw some posts that suggested using table link to deal with thesize issue, but would the performance (speed) go down when runningqueries using tables from two different Access file?- Grasshopper - "Grasshopper" <excelmodeling@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1174962344.143858.324700@y66g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...>...

Lucent/Avaya Spin-Off Won't Show Up In Money 2007 Premium
I've tried recording the spin-off of Avaya from Lucent in Money 2007 Premium using the RECORD SPECIAL ACTIVITY in Portfolio Manager. However, when I go through all of the steps, Avaya doesn't show up in the Portfolio Manager, Account Register or Investment Summary. In microsoft.public.money, KR wrote: >I've tried recording the spin-off of Avaya from Lucent in Money 2007 Premium >using the RECORD SPECIAL ACTIVITY in Portfolio Manager. However, when I go >through all of the steps, Avaya doesn't show up in the Portfolio Manager, >Account Register or Investment ...

Date Conversion in Excel 2007
We've come across a strange problem in Excel 2007. We format a group (doesn't matter the number) of cells to have a Date format of xx/yy/zz (we've also tried other formats with the same result). After the cells are formatted, we type in 31401. This should convert the date to 03/14/01. This is what happened in older versions. Now, however, it's converting those dates improperly. What I've determined is that Excel is starting every date out as 01/01/1900. It then converts whatever we enter into a number, and adds that many days to 01/01/1900. For example, if I enter 01...

how to add time?
How do I add times together? For instance, the cells 9am to 5pm (formatted as time) should be 8, But adds up to 1.08 How is this done? Hi =(B1-A1)*24 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "mmac" <lost@sea> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Obj3xM1yEHA.2692@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How do I add times together? > For instance, the cells 9am to 5pm (formatted as time) should be 8, But adds > up to 1.08 > How is this done? > > I figured that out,( =int )was the key, but here is another one, How can I format the input cells to accept times in the format 2p...

Excel Charts and time values
I am trying to create an excel chart to plot times. The Y axis needs to go from 9pm (bottom) up to 11am. The X axis should be dates. I can get this far but the chart will not plot anytime 12am - 11am. It will only plot 9pm - 11:59pm. Does anyone know how to make this work? Thank you! Excel treats time as a fraction, the portion of a day. The date is the whole number part of a value. Even though 1 am is two hours after 11 pm, it has a value much smaller. To make this work you should either use a date and time, or add 1 to the times equal to or after midnight. - Jon ------- Jon Pe...

Incorrect Time Stamps
Exchange seems to be stamping the wrong time on emails and events sporadically. All the times on servers are correct. Any thoughts? -- Craig Tuttle - Level I Exchange Tech UCNSB.org The time stamp can also be handled by the client. Which exact time field is being stamped wrong? Have you verified that the client has the correct time (i.e. Daylight savings time set correctly)? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Craig Tuttle" <CraigTuttle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02D51926-77DC-43EB-A5B5-7A00F4530323@microsoft.com... > Exchange seems to b...

What is the fastest sustainable web service response time?
Is it possible for a very fast web service to consistently provide an average 500 millisecond response time? Is the internet itself too slow making this goal completely infeasible using current technology? "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@OCR4Screen.com> wrote in message news:W4mdnSJ8462Jxx7WnZ2dnUVZ_s-dnZ2d@giganews.com... > Is it possible for a very fast web service to consistently provide an > average 500 millisecond response time? > > Is the internet itself too slow making this goal completely infeasible > using current technology? > >...

Re: Outlook 2007 create background
I played around with this further. You can still use any HTML editor to = create stationery and place it in the user's Stationery folder. You can = also use FrontPage 2003 to create new themes with background images. = Details at = http://turtleflock-ol2007.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!C1013F1F9A99E3D8!230.e= ntry --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =...