PS2010 'LIKE' operator

I'm doing some work manually transcribing a PS2007 configuration to PS2010
(an opportunity to review the config amongst other things), however am
getting the message 'The formula contains errors' from PWA when I try to save
one of the Enterprise Custom fields.  The formula contains 'LIKE' and this
seems to be what is tripping it up.  I've created a simple formula in
standalone Project 2010:

IIf([Text1] Like "completed*","Yes","No")

And it works just fine.  Repeating this in PWA 2010 results in the error.
Could this be a variance in the validation of PWA and standalone Project?
Anyone got a workaround for this?  Could this be a defect?

This formula should do pretty much the same thing and work with Server:

IIf(INSTR([Text1],"Completed")>0,Yes,No)

Also note that this newsgroup is getting shut down, and future posts should
go here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/projectserver2010,projectprofessional2010

- Andrew Lavinsky
Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm

> IIf([Text1] Like "completed*","Yes","No")

0
Andrew

distribution list email, to look like it was sent each person only
Can you send an email using a distribution list, but do not have it show the ohter recipients email address? Yes, if you put the DL in the Bcc field instead of To. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "Pantoja" wrote: > Can you send an email using a distribution list, but do not have it show the > ohter recipients email address? ...

Illegal Operation #6
User has windows 98se and Outlook 2000. Doing various tasks in outlook (sending and viewing email) she gets error messages saying "outlook has performed an illegal operation". Seems to be sporadic. Any suggestions? ...

Outlook 2007 keeps on sending repied to: emails(like spam??)
Hi, When I reply to an email: , my Outlook 2007 keeps on sending emails to those recipients (like spam??). I have rebooted a few times. I use Microsoft Security Essential. I use PC Tools Antivirus. I keep my pc clean . I don't surf any funny site & is always wary of spam etc.. Disable/uninstall PC Tools' integration with Outlook and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft...

Adding fields to table like LTP1.......LTPn after query execution
Hi The query UPDATE smallcapm INNER JOIN ppcsmlcap ON smallcapm.ScripCode = ppcsmlcap. ScripCode SET smallcapm.LTP7 = [ppcsmlcap].[ltp]; I am having a table smallcapm with fields LTP1,LTP2,LTP3........LTP30.By using above update query i am updating LTP1,LTP2,LTP3....... field of the table smallcapm from table ppcsmlcap having new value of LTP each time. Following is my requirement : 1. Instead of modifying the above query before running it as per the field like LTP1,LTP2,LTP3.... i want the query to go to the next field ie. from LTP1 to LTP2 to LTP3 etc by successive execution of the query...

"like" works as query, but not in code (Access 2003)
In my Access application I'm fetching data thru SQL statements, and not directly thru a RecordSet object. In my statements, such as select count(*) as reccount from [Survey Info] where [Last Name] = "Smith" things work OK. The returned count is 1. But if my statement is select count(*) as reccount from [Survey Info] where [Last Name] like "Smit*" then I get back a reccount value, but the count is 0. If I copy this SQL and use it in a query builder, the SQL performs properly. It doesn't perform OK in my code. Here is the context: .... Dim conn As ADODB.C...

This Operation Cannot Be Performed #4
Money 2003 been working fine for 2 years. 2 days ago, started giving error "This Operation Cannot Be Performed" only when exiting the program and only if a change was made (if no change is made, no error). No major changes made in last two days. MS Article ID : 300226 does not apply or help. Please advise suggestions. Thank you! Randy In microsoft.public.money, Randy wrote: >Money 2003 been working fine for 2 years. 2 days ago, started giving error >"This Operation Cannot Be Performed" only when exiting the program and only >if a change was ma...

JOIN operation on Excel lists
Can I make an SQL-like JOIN operation on 2 Excel -lists without any macros? For example: I have "Employees" list Code: -------------------- name depart_Id ======================= Ivanoff 34 Petroff 36 Sidoroff 34 Smirnoff 34 -------------------- I have "Departments" list Code: -------------------- dep_name id ======================= Accounting 34 Marketing 36 -------------------- How can I get joined list "Employees with they departments"? Code: -------------------- name depart_id ...

faq CList needs extra default copy constructor and assignment operator?
Hi, CList<CPoint,CPoint&> tmplist; CArray<CList<CPoint,CPoint&>,CList<CPoint,CPoint&>&> tmparray; use it, tmparray.Add(tmplist); the compiler say errors. I know now here I should provide copy constructor and assignment operator. But CList is part of STL, does it need copy constructor and assignment operator? How to do that? Thanks. fcvcnet wrote: > Hi, > CList<CPoint,CPoint&> tmplist; > CArray<CList<CPoint,CPoint&>,CList<CPoint,CPoint&>&> tmparray; > > use it, > > ...

Are there any function like ReplaceNoCase for CString?
I can only find CString::Replace, but I need a function like ReplaceNoCase You are correct. Replace is case sensitive. You could convert the string to all upper or lower case first, but then your resulting string would be changed as well. You could also derive your own class from CString and add the new functionality to it. Tom <flyingxu@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1145000483.010766.64070@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I can only find CString::Replace, but I need a function like > ReplaceNoCase > ...

Can you Quick change between two sheets like Alt+Tab?
I know that you can change between two programs in windows with Alt+Tab, but how do you do that between two sheets, or tabs, within a workgroup? Is there a hot-key or shortcut to do this? Hi CTRL+PGUP CTRL+PGDOWN -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany nwg wrote: > I know that you can change between two programs in windows with > Alt+Tab, but how do you do that between two sheets, or tabs, within a > workgroup? Is there a hot-key or shortcut to do this? it's cntl and page up/page down "nwg" wrote: > I know that you can change between two programs in wind...

Access subquery using Like IN
I am trying to create a query which will take all values from table Names Field Pre and compare it against table AllNames field Name. Problem is there will only be PART of the name in the Allnames field. What I have attempted was variations of this and I haven't been able to get it to work with the * operator to show that it would be a partial match not complete. Select Allnames.Name FROM Allnames WHERE (((Name) Like ((Name) In (Select Pre + '*' From Names)))); If anybody could help me in identifying the issue and resolving it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Joins are ge...

Could not perform this operation...
I'm using MS Office 2003. I can send email and receive it. But if I click on an email address on a web page (mailto:...), I receive a message, "Could not perform this operation because the default email client is not properly installed." My computer then opens perhaps 100 instances of Internet Explorer, in rapid succession. Anyone know what causes this, and how it's fixed? Thanks. Have you tried running Detect and Repair? (under the Help menu) -- K. Orland Such as are your habitual thoughts, such also will be the character of your mind; for the soul is dyed by t...

operation failed an object could not be found
I have recently installed Office Basic 2003 and cannot get past the error message posted. I have followed the instructions:To resolve this behavior, create a new profile. To do this, follow these steps: 1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel. 2. Double-click the Mail icon. 3. In the Mail Setup dialog box, click Show Profiles. If you want to be able to select a specific profile each time you start Outlook, click the General tab, click Prompt for a profile to be used, and then click Add. 4. In the New Profile dialog box, under Profile N...

Add group to report with out losing details like in MS Access
I need to create a report where I list jobs including customer name and invoice amount. I want to group by customer where all the jobs for the customer are listed in a group, and at the bottom of each group I want an invoice sub total for the customer group. then at the end of the report (at the bottom of all the groups and not the report footer) I want an invoice grand total for all groups. This is a no-brainer in MS Access, but doesn't seem possible in ssrs. when ever I create a group all the rows for each customer are reduced to one row (losing the details). this is v...

Excel chart like the FTSE chart
I want to create a chart from readings that are taken every half hour every day over a month. The data is in a table format with the half hours across the top and the days down the lefthand side. I want to plot a chart that gives the half hour readings in a single series - much like the FTSE tracking changes every half hour through the day every day. Any ideas ...

Would like an error message when posting to a closed fiscal period
Would like an error message when posting to a closed fiscal period in Sales Order Processing. When you click Post to post the batch, the system looks like it is posting it but nothing happens and the batch is still available to select again and try posting again. The error message is listed in the Edit List of the batch though. Go to Transactions | Sales | Sales Batches, select the Batch and then click the printer icon button to print the Edit List. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for thi...

Setting "From" field like in Outlook Express?
I use several email accounts. In OE, the From field is a drop-down that I can tab to, and just press the first letter of the email account I want to use. I just upgraded to Outlook -- but I lost this great feature. I enabled the From field, so I can tab to it, but it seems to be a free-text box where I have to type in the full email address, not just select one of my accounts. Not very helpful. The only solution I've found is to go click on the Accounts button to see a list of choices, then find the number of the one I want -- much slower than OE. Is there any way to make Outlook w...

Publisher cannot complete the operation. Pub 2000
Office 2000, Publisher 2000 on Windows XP Pro, SP2. If I, as Administrator, sign on to the PC and start a wizard (newsletter, for example), everything is okay. If the user signs on (limited account) and does the same thing, they get "Publisher cannot complete the operation." Have done Add/Remove Programs, Show Updates checked and cannot find security update 894540 or 910729 (MS06-054) as described in a previous response. Because of this, I am hesitant to alter the registry as the fix dictates. If anyone else has encountered this with a limited account on Win XP, SP2, let me...

Does asynchronous operation supported by oledb provider for openquery?
I want to develop an oledb provider for distributed data collection via network. The result rowset is forward readonly and dynamic collumns. Because return data is time consuming that asynchronous populate is needed. My question is: 1 Does asynchronous operation is supported in linked server for custom oledb provider? 2 Is there any specification of the asynchronous oledb provider for sql server openquery? Thanks Greenxiar greenxiar (greenxiar@hotmail.com) writes: > I want to develop an oledb provider for distributed data collection via > network. The resul...

how to call parent's operator = function?
Hi, If a parent class and a child class both have an operator = function, how does the child's = function call its parent's = function? Thanks for your help. Tony class A { public: ... A& operator= (const A& a); }; class AA : public A { public: AA& operator= (const AA& a); }; A& A::operator= (const A& a) { ... return *this; } AA& AA::operator= (const AA& a) { *this A::operator= a; // ????? return *this; } "May Young" <tony@srac.com> wrote in message news:40A54E60.4030400@srac.com... > Hi, > > If...

Excel Mobile doesn't like XL2000 file?
I have Excel 2000 on my laptop & Excel Mobile on my phone (WinMo 6.1, XL Mobile 6.1). The synced file opens and saves fine on my laptop (no conditional formatting or macros). It opens okay on my phone, but doesn't want to save when I close. I get a warning that "unsupported formatting may be lost". I hit SaveAs, give it the same name, and replace the file. It saves as Excel 95/2003. Is there any way around this conflict, short of upgrading to XL2007 on my laptop? Ed >> a warning that "unsupported formatting may be lost" << That message should be re...

What's the cursor that looks like a compass?
Every so often my cursor changes to a symbol that has a round dot surrounded by 4 pointers. It doesn't do quite what a normal cursor does and I don't see how to get the normal one back. What is this other cursor for, and why do I get it randomly? -- Christopher Brewster Lockheed Martin, Eagan MN Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-word-general/201003/1 You can see that cursor in a lot of places: - top-left corner of tables - shapes - figures - smart art Normally the cursor changes back to normal when you leave those...

new items inqueue notification like outlook desktop alert notify
Would be nice to see built in funtionality that notifies users when new items are submitted to (a) queue(s). Something similar to Outlook's desktop alert notification. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Comm...

How can I enter into an Excel spreadsheet cell something like a green check mark or a red "X"?
Gurus, How can I enter into an Excel spreadsheet cell something like a green check mark or a red "X"? -- Spin For a green checkmark format the cells to Marlett font and green color. Enter the letter "a" to get a green checkmark. For a red "X" just format the cells to red font and enter an "X" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 12:31:47 -0400, "Spin" <Spin@invalid.com> wrote: >Gurus, > >How can I enter into an Excel spreadsheet cell something like a green check >mark or a red "X"? It worke...

Formulas act like text
When I try to enter a formula, it acts as if it is text. If I try co copy from the formula line and paste to the formula line of the destination cell, the same thing happens. When I click to the right of the formula in the formula line, it says VLOOKUP in the Functions space to the far left, even though there is no vlookup function being invoked in the entire sheet? I don't even know how to describe the problem well. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Bill Any cell in which you enter a formula? Could be you are in View Formula mode. Hit CTRL + '(backquote above Tab key)...