PS2007 - Can't Access SharePoint Central Admin!

I was trying to troubleshoot a problem and checking to see if services in
SharePoint Central Admin were running. I must have accidently clicked when
rolling over the start and stop as I got kicked out of Central Admin and
can't get back in. How does one restart if stopped or regain access???
Services generally allow you to stop and restart.

Where do I go to restore access. Everything seems to be running ok, but it
wont let me access Central Admin in the server. Anybody know how to restore
this?

Hi Rick. Fear not, thankfully, there is a stsadm command to help start the
service for you again. Syntax is as follows:

stsadm -o provisionservice -action start -servicename WSS_Administration
-servicetype  Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPWebService

For those not familiar with stsadm, its a SharePoint command line tool
typically located under the following path:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server
extensions\12\BIN\STSADM.EXE

Navigate to this path in a command prompt window (windows key + r, then type
cmd and enter). Type 'cd "[THE ABOVE PATH]" ' then enter to navigate to the
SharePoint bin folder. type 'stsadm -help' to view a list of all available
stsadm methods or paste in the above command text to start the central
administration service.

Regards,

Piet Remen

Contract Admin
Does anyone know of a bill frequency less than "Annual". I'm trying to use C.A. to bill installation, then recognize the revenue over the term automatically. The problem I have is that if a term is greater than a year, the customer will receive more than one invoice. Ex. if a term is 3 years, the customer will receive 3 invoices, 1 each year. I only want the customer to receive 1 invoice (per the installation event), but then to recognize the revenue over the contract term. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. -- John J Hi John, The best way to do this is to...

odd scroll bar behaviour in access, keeps returning to top
hi i have a user here, using ms office 2003, and he has noticed that when scrolling through ms access or excel, that often the vertical scroll bar he is using will return to the top position. this is the same for excel. its a bit of an issue, as he would be clicking through databases with thousands of rows of data, and it keeps retuning to the top of the row. i did notice that a program called ifinger kept popping up as this was happening. but i could not find info on the web linking this product with the issue he is having. if any one has any suggestions, id appreaciate it. Regards ...

snapshot in Access 2007
Hi have moved to Access 2007 and now I dont seem to be able to open or read any Snapshot format documents. has it been changed? thanks A I'm not seeing this problem. I saved a query with its properties set to Snapshot, and used it as the source for a report. The report opened as expected. Something else must be going on. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Alexey" <alexdeletethisgates@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message news:%236Z...

Getting SharePoint to work in the xRM demo VPC
I have the standard demo VPC that uses the MicrosoftCRM organization. When I try to open SharePoint CA or even the default site collection, I get an IE error suggesting I'm not connected to the Internet. Does anyone know if there are additional configuration steps that I need to take in order to use SharePoint on this demo VPC? I'm not sure which VPC you are referring to, but generally Microsoft doesn't release VPCs that need to connect to the Internet or that can connect to the internet. Keith Delarge posted a blog article about how to connect one of the UK CRM partner d...

change the starting vaule for an autonumber field access 2007
how do I change the starting value for an autonumber field in access 2007 (...) > how do I change the starting value for an autonumber field in access 2007 DoCmd.RunSQL "alter table Table1 alter column ID counter(X,1)" X - starting value K.P. "Richard" wrote: > how do I change the starting value for an autonumber field in access 2007 How exactly do I do that? Where do I enter that line? Sorry for my ignorance! "Krzysztof Pozorek [MVP]" wrote: > (...) > > how do I change the starting value for an autonumber field in access 2007 > >...

Access 2003 to Email issue.
I have a working Access 2003 form that has a button to open a report and send a email. This makes the report an attachment in the email. The name of the report is placed in the document as the name of the attachment. I would like to add the "variable" EmployeeName so that it appears in the attachment name. Is this possible and if so where and how do I code it to have this happen? I used to be a mindreader, but those skills deteriorate with distance. Without seeing your code, that's hard to do. If you're handy with VBA, try using it to change the name of the attachment,...

How can I use my Access list to email selective groups?
How can I use an Access List to email selective groups without having to go to my Outlook Address Book? ...

SharePoint 2010 Beta expiry date
Is there any expiry date set on SP2010 Beta? If yes, where can I view that date? TIA J Justin here is the link you get the details on that http://blogs.msdn.com/ekraus/archive/2009/11/17/sharepoint-2010-beta-2-is-finally-here.aspx Justin Jeyaraj wrote: SharePoint 2010 Beta expiry date 28-Apr-10 Is there any expiry date set on SP2010 Beta? If yes, where can I view that date? TIA J Justin Previous Posts In This Thread: Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Free Online Courses Available for Eggheadcafe.com Users http://www...

Change Data Connection Definitions from local to sharepoint
Hi, I am using Excel 2007 and have created a query tool/workbook that contains a linked table worksheet from sharepoint as the source data (its a custom view/subset of the records data). This worksheet is refreshed from the sharepoint source periodically. I created this tool/workbook on my desktop, and now want to put it on the sharepoint location for multiple users. However, the Data Connection definition for the linked worksheet is showing the local address of my pc, so the data refresh won't work once the workbook is posted to the sharepoint. I have not been able t...

access violation caused by cstring
We are working on a project where we need to migrate some code of an old application to a new application.The old app is an MFC app,which have some functions in the application class and document class which is required by the new app also.We created a dll project which is derived from the old app(Instead of directly deriving from CWinApp).So the hierarchy is as follows CWinApp<-Old app(COldApp)<-CNewDLLApp When the CNewDLLApp object is created(When LoadLibrary() is called),an access violation error is happening.It is caused in the constructor of COldApp where it is initialising a CStr...

Access Databases, MFC and VS2005
Okay. I'm going to try and ask this as succinctly as possible. When using an Access database in my apps, I've had to derive a recordset for each table. Before you laugh, consider that there are all of 3 tables in each, and each of those has less than 20 columns. My preferred way of using this techniques is to use the wizard to create a class derived from CRecordset and indicate the desired table in the dialogs. It works well but it's a lot of code, particularly if I want to do anything relational between tables. I have read and re re re read the MS docs, but I cannot seem to ...

SharePoint 2003-2007-2010 Servers sharing files
I am working in a project where we have a location that has upgraded to SharePoint 2010, we run the main location files with SharePoint 2003 and other locations with 2007. The work that is being done on the 2010 version needs to feed some of the content to our 2003 Sharepoint intranet. we are trying to avoid having to do this work twice to mirror the content in the two locations. and we are looking for a file share method. I am not a developer, please help with any suggestions you may have. thanks Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Auto Deployment...

Allow only one user to access workbook at a time
I need to set excel to allow only one user at a time to access a workbook. The workbook is NOT a shared workbook, but it resides on a network share. Multiple users need to access it, but only One at a time. I want all other users to get a message that the file is in use and they can not open it. Is this possible? I believe that is the standard behavior of a network file that is not shared; users who access the file when it is in use get a message the file is in use and whether they want to open as Read Only. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Emir_of_sh...

Access--Form View & Print Preview Display
I have made a form in design view with a page setup of legal size, top, bottom and side margins of .4. I can see all the fields in design view, but when I "view" in Form, I only get the first page with 3/4 of the vertical page showing. I have all the fields showing in horizontal view. In Print Preview, I get only 3/4 of the first page. It will kick me to a second page, but nothing prints except the shaded box of the background. Will appreciate any suggestions. -- GEK ...

Configuring Domain Name for internal/external access
Well I sort of think i've got it right. Please comment on the following points: 1. I have created an internal domain name of "audor.org" the system has registered this as "remote.audor.org". 2. Our external domain name is www.acdorchester.org. 3. I now need to purchase a domain name of www.audor.org and point the A record to the fixed IP address ISP has given. This will allow external access for management and roaming staff. Please comment and advise on any changes necessary. I am not sure if I really need to purchase another one? -- happyhacker -...

Access 2003-Access 2002 Incompatibility
I updated an Access 2002 db using Access 2003. Now when I try to run the db on Access 2002 I get an error message that says: Access contains a missing or broken reference to file msador15.dll version 2.7 What can I do to fix this problem? Or more generally, what do I do to ensure that dbs created or modified with Access 2003 will still run on Access 2002? Thanks. Have MDAC 2.7 been installed on the machine that's attempting to use the database? -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Chaplain Doug" <anonymous@discussio...

access 2000 converting text to number format
a database in my office was created and the person who designed it put every field in a table as a text field. the numbers that are in those fields need to be change to a number to related to other tables. is there VB code or script to change it? or any other waY? Can you change the data type of the field to be Number? ...

Install order for SharePoint 2010, SQL Server 2008R2, etc.
Hi, all, I'll post this in the SQL Server area as well. I'm creating a new VM with 2008R2, SharePoint 2010, and Office 2010 beta/Gemini. Is there a specific order I should install these in? Many thanks.... 1)OS 2)Office 3)SQL Server 4)Sharepoint Thanks very much!!! "Kamlesh" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:O1fuLkblKHA.3128@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > 1)OS 2)Office 3)SQL Server 4)Sharepoint > > --- > frmsrcurl: > http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.sharepoint.general/Install-order-for-SharePoint-2010-SQL-Ser...

Converting Access to MS SQL
I got a big Access file (1 400 tables) to convert to SQL and I would > like to be provided with some automated tools, except upsizing wizard > and DTS, to convert it on my own. > > I got a lot of forms and query to convert too. > > I analysed a tool suggested by Douglas last week, but it convert only the data, and not the froms and query. Can someday provide me with other tool name ? > > Thanks, > > Guy As I told you before, SQL Server doesn't have forms and queries in it: it's a database only. Therefore it's impossible to find a product that will co...

Extranet Configuration of project web access
I have installed Microsoft EPM with in two server installation. and now I need to configure extranet environment . but I am confused to understant host header , load balance url , alternate access mapping. I extended my web access site . but further what i need to do . then my site will be an accessible from anywhere. I am bit confused. although I study technet pages . but confused kindly tell me step by step. Kindly tell me the solution as soon as poosible. Regards Hello Sam. Hopefully this link will help explain some of those keywords and how you go about configuring ...

Access Deleting a Query SQL
Hi all, I am working with a multiple parameter search query. The form I am using to conduct the search displays the results in a subform. I have gone through and really combed through the SQL to make sure there are no blatant spelling errors or incorrect references within the code. Anyways when I open the form that it is attached to, I keep getting the boxes described in this website http://allenbrowne.com/bug-13.html .. The form is open, and I even changed names of fields in the table in case SQL was choosing to be picky about what I named my fields. Is there anything else that would cau...

Downloading Msgs From Outlook Web Access to Local HDD
Hey Everyone, I just got assaigned an email account for college next fall. Their method of checking email is Outlook Web Acess. I find this program extremly difficult to use and was wondering if it's possible to download the messeges from my account to my HDD using a program like Thunderbird or possibly Outlook Express? I tried connected via POP method- using mail.SCHOOL.edu as my incoming mail server and smtp.SCHOOL.edu as my outgoing mail server. Is it my school that is the problem or is it simply impossible to download msgs from Web Access? Thank You! -Oyster Outlook Web Access i...

Access 2003 Sorting Text
I am looking for a way to order text numbers - similar to a number list order in Word i.e. - 1,1.1, 1.2, 2, 2.1, 2.2, 3 ... etc. These are item numbers in a procedure list that I want to show on a form or report in 'text' order. The problem is that the sort order 'reads' 2.10 (two decimal ten) as equal to 2.1 (two decimal one). Is there a routine for handling this sort? Any help would be appreciated. Cheers, -- BRich am not sure this is the reply you are looking for....but it seems like the field is defined as a number - if it dropping that 0; but could/should be ...

user access deny
i forgot to say the error message in the internet when i was trying to login to the CRM server. It is "User access Error". Please help me, it is urgent case...... thanks Hi Jerry, Please double check if the user has a licence assigned and is member of a security group. I hope this helps, Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "jerry" wrote: > i forgot to say the error message in the internet when i was trying to login > to the CRM server. It is "User access Error". > Please help me, it is urgent case...... > > thanks ...

microsoft.public.access not subscribed group
microsoft.public.access not subscribed groupmicrosoft.public.access not subscribed groupmicrosoft.public.access not subscribed group ...