Project Workspace Permissions

Hi, I want to change the permissions for all project managers from Design to
Contribute with regard to project workspaces. I want them to be able to add
content in lists and libraries, but not change the structure of the lists and
libraries by adding or deleting columns.

I think I should be able to do this by changing the Project Managers
(Microsoft Office Project Server Group) SharePoint group permissions in PWA.
All I want to be able to do is uncheck the Manage Lists checkbox and test
from there.

However, I do that and the permissions for the workspaces are not applied as
I expected. The Manage Lists checkbox in the workspace remains checked
regardless of whether I create a new workspace or publish an existing one
again.

Will this approach work at all?
Or am I setting the permissions in the wrong place?
I think I might be changing the permissions for just PWA, not the workspaces
as maybe Project Server sets the permissions somewhere else, perhaps
internally?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Permissions delegation for decentralized administration
I am in the process of working with a customer on a new Exchange Server 2003 deployment. This will be a fairly large deployment with IT staff at several sites needing various levels of access to the Exchange objects. Specifically, I'd like to restrict access as much as possible down the administrative group. That part of it I'm not terribly concerned about, and there seems to be plenty of documentation regarding the delegation of permissions on administrative groups. The real question, however, is this: what level of permissions are needed *OUTSIDE* of the administrative gr...

mailbox permissions question
i have a vip that needs to know that NO ONE has access to hi mailbox except him. unfortunately mailbox permissions are a tad confusing when you view them in AD. im afraid that if i remove anything the mailbox wont work anymore. whats the simplest way to do what i need? could i remove every person and service from the permissions on his mailbox leaving only him with full access? probably not, right? Right. And it really depends upon how over laden with other processes your exchang environment is, and at what level the permissions are set. For example, your backup software account wil...

Entourage project calendar item does not appear in regular calendar

Need an MS Project guru to help me consolidate a schedule in MS Pr
I have been a project schedule with a ridiculously long timeline to condense into a 6 month period. I can't figure out how to change the task duration on the section headers. I've changed the task durations and work hours, but the headers and it keeps the overall timeline the same. Help!!! The answer is yes, I will help. Do you have tasks with date constraints? Does every task have at least one FS predecessor and one FS successor? Do you have predecessors with positive lag? Do you have predecessors with negative lag? Do you have any predecessor/successor links to/fr...

Change folder permissions no longer working
Hi I have a script that sets various folder permissions for a domain user. This has worked fine for ages without problems. The other day i installed a second domain controller into the domain. Since then i get the following error when i run this script (although it seems to be intermittent) Exception calling "SetAccessRule" with "1" argument(s): "Some or all identity references could not be translated." At C:\Provisioning\newsite.ps1:129 char:19 + $acl.SetAccessRule <<<< ($accessRule) ######?? + CategoryInfo : NotSpecif...

New PM with 80+ projects to supervise
Hi all, I was recently hired to help organize and track all the small development projects in our IT department both to better set client expectations of delivery, as well as improve our 10 developer staff's efficiency. I chose Project for the upper level reporting and eventual costing I want to get to, but I need help and suggestions for what I want to do at a developer level. We have multiple lines of business. At first I tried to put each business unit in its own subproject and manage it from the master project using a central resource pool. I've abandoned that ...

PCH playing hell with project copy
Hi, Due, for some strange reason, for Visual Studio commiting swift suicide and replacing my .vcproj file with a blank, I have now got the less than envyable task of transfering approximately 200 files into a new project (including resources etc). I created a new project, copied them over, unfortunately the PCH is now playing hell. The following command line is used: /Od /D "WIN32" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "_DEBUG" /D "_AFXDLL" /D "_MBCS" /FD /EHsc /MDd /Yu"stdafx.h" /Fp"Debug\EclipseEvolution.pch" /Fo"Debug\\" /...

Public Folders Permissions Problem
In regards to this link: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=313866 Have tried the procedures in the link with no results. Basically CANNOT create/delete/modify anything in the Public Folders of our Exchange server. Anyone have any ideas about what to look for? Thanks for any assistance. John can you create via client? Can you get properties of PF's in the ESM? >-----Original Message----- >In regards to this link: > >http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=313866 > >Have tried the procedures in the link with no results. >Basically CANNOT create/delete/modify anything i...

Project Accounting for Internal Projects
We use Project Accounting 7.5 from Workforce ROI for tracking our projects we work on for customers and we utilize the invoicing and profit recognition features to do this. We would also like to use the Project Accounting module for tracking internal projects; more as a way to track spending on CIP until it's capitalized as opposed to billing it out. Is this how other companies do this, or should we be tracking it in a different way/with a different program? What's the best way to get around having to recognize profit? Just delete the JE that's generated, or can we tel...

table that stores posting permissions
Hello - We are trying to run some queries for our internal auditors. Does anyone know which table stores information on posting permissions? I can't seem to find the table. Thanks!! Marisol What version are you using? v10 security is quite different than previous versions. "Marisol" wrote: > Hello - > > We are trying to run some queries for our internal auditors. Does anyone > know which table stores information on posting permissions? I can't seem to > find the table. Thanks!! > > Marisol We are on GP 10 and I ran queries against all sec...

Exchange Permissions--Strange One
Hi by default, domain admins (and ent. admins) are denied "receive as" and "send as" permissions to the mailbox store. additionally, by default, on the exchange advanced tab under the mailbox rights button, domain admins are DENIED Full Mailbox Access. However, if you look at the security tab for each user object, by default domain admins are allowed "send as" and "receive as" permissions. now i know that the "receive as" right is ignored on the ad user object, but i ran a small test. i logged on as a domain admin, opened up the domain admin...

Microsoft project 2007 resources help
Hi all, Three questions: 1. What the constraint A<B,C means and how can I entering in the MSP? 2. I have 3 kinds of human resources. Lets say for example, kind A are engineers. I have 8 of them and everyone is costing 1500 Euros/month. Task A needs 4 engineers. How can I assign them to the task and add the appropriate cost? 3. I have 3 machines as a resource. Each machine has a usage cost of 3000 euros per task and function cost 2400 euros per month. How can I assign them in the appropriate tasks? And how can I distribute their cost? Thank you in advance -- loukas_t ...

Delete Assignment Permission On My Tasks Page
hi, in project server 2007 pwa, what is the specific permission for deleting any assignment on my tasks page. i need to find the appropriate permission and deny it for all users. Here is the screenshot of which functionality i'm trying to disable. http://i42.tinypic.com/258vu55.jpg opethema -- There is no permission in Project Server 2007 that you can set to deny users from deleting assignments on the My Tasks page. Oddly, that is one of only a few situations where there is no permission you can use. Because of this, you need to make this a training and perform...

Project Accounting to be included in Master Posting
We have a client that would like to have Project Accounting included in Master Posting. Project Accounting is available as a Series on the Master Posting drop down menu but not Project batches are available for checking. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane....

Business Portal Project Accounting Timesheet Entry
We have over 700 projects and find it difficult to search the list of available projects when adding to a timesheet in Project Accounting Timesheet Entry in Portal. Any suggestions for an alternative timesheet entry add-on? or - has anyone customized Business Portal 4.0 to add a find feature similar to PDK? thanks -- Barry Ariett (www.ariett.com) has a time sheet module that interfaces with Project Accounting. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Barry" wrote: > We have over 700 projects and find it difficult to search the list of > available projects when adding to a times...

Public Folder Permission Propogation
Hello all, We have a little problem here regarding applying new permissions to existing public folders. In Exchange 2003 you can propogate mailbox permissions from within Systems Manager, but it replaces all the permissions on all sub folders. Does anyone know if there is a way to modify the lower level permissions rather than replacing them? Example.... Public Folder Store ~~Folder1 - User1:Author - User2:Owner ~~~~Folder2 - User1:Author - User5:Owner ~~~~~~Folder3 - User2:Owner If I wanted to add in User3 as an owner of all the subfolders I could change the permissions on Folder1 an...

General Permissions Question
Hi, Would there be any good reason to remove the System Account from the Exchsrvr main folder? I believe this is why I am receiving errors for our McAfee Exchange Virus scanner. Not sure why the account was removed, but I am thinking that this is our problem. thanks in advance for any help/ideas, Mel Hi, System account is for the oprating sysytem to access that folder it's a requierd permission for exchange server to function properly. ---cheers "Mel" wrote: > Hi, > > Would there be any good reason to remove the System Account from the > Exchsrvr main f...

Restrict Permissions to Esxecute Workflow
hi we have several users having the permission to execute manual workflow. is it possible to restric what workflows each user can execute how do i go about this please? thanks in advance regards Ridhima ...

Project Server 2007 "Service Unavailable"
Hi, my company is currently testing PS 07 in a test enviromnet and in the past it kept on getting corrupted and now after our third try it was running fine until now it is giving us a "Service Unavailable". We've checked the application pool and made sure the log in name/password is correct or hasn't expired. Is there any other reason why this may happen? If we can't get PS 07 to stabilize we will not be able to move forward into putting it in production. The following are some of the possible reasons for getting the "Service Uanavailable" ...

How to use downloaded API in our VC++ project
Hello, I have downloaded an API with its dll. Where should I have to add that dll and store it. How can I use that API. Thanks That depends upon what type of API is it. If its a library and comes with a header file(s). YOu will need to include the relevant header file(s) in your project. You will need to then link against the library. If its a COM server, the situation changes completely. All instructions of using it should come with it. ---------------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com koti wrote: > Hello, > > I have downloaded an API with its dll. Where should ...

Conversion from 2000 to 97 causes permission problem
For years I have been maintaining a 2000 database then converting it to a 97 database, which requires a minor code change. I have a number of applications that access the database in an unsecured way. (They create a DSN on the fly with no "system database".) The conversion warns that security settings are lost, but this has never been an issue. Suddenly, none of the applications can access any tables; they get read permission errors. Our IT dept. has pushed a lot of patches to our Windows 2000 machines lately, but even on an old NT machine, I see the same behavior. Manually set...

future projected balances in accounts
When I look at the future projected balances in my checking accounts, typically the graph below the account registers, the values show my paycheck being added twice. I have checked the bills and deposits sections many times to make sure there aren't more than one entry (in which case I would expect to have to skip an occurrence, which I never do). Any ideas as to what could be causing this? I'm using Money 2003 Deluxe. Thanks. A bug? I see something similar in M04 every week with a Transfer line in my paycheck. Try editing the scheduled series--nothing big, just replace som...

Resource Usage (Resource Plan Work vs. Project Plan Work)
In Project Server 2007 Data Analysis... I am trying to get a total of resource usage (work vs. capacity). This is the statement I'm using but not getting a result. IF([Measures].[Work]>NULL,[Measures].[Work]/[Measures].[Capacity],[Measures].[Resource Plan Work]/[Measures].[Capacity]) Pleae help me out. On May 25, 7:15=A0am, MD <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In Project Server 2007 Data Analysis... I am trying to get a total of > resource usage (work vs. capacity). =A0This is the statement I'm using bu= t not > getting a result. > > ...

GAL Permissions
Is there a way that I can stop a group of users from seeing the top level GAL, and restrict them to only seeing views that I have created for them? Paul. Hi Paul, Have a look at this article it outline exactly what you want to do: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Shared-Hosting-Exchange-2003-Part2.html Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "Paul" <paulholding5@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O$boI1fhFHA.3608@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is there a way that I can stop a group of users from seeing the to...

converting excel 2003 adp projects to 2007 or 2010
Is there any wizard that helps convert projects? Do you have to start from an empty 2007 adp project and copy over the .bas modules? Any tips for this? -- thanks much, James Chac ...