Project Workspace Permissions

Hi, I want to change the permissions for all project managers from Design to
Contribute with regard to project workspaces. I want them to be able to add
content in lists and libraries, but not change the structure of the lists and
libraries by adding or deleting columns.

I think I should be able to do this by changing the Project Managers
(Microsoft Office Project Server Group) SharePoint group permissions in PWA.
All I want to be able to do is uncheck the Manage Lists checkbox and test
from there.

However, I do that and the permissions for the workspaces are not applied as
I expected. The Manage Lists checkbox in the workspace remains checked
regardless of whether I create a new workspace or publish an existing one
again.

Will this approach work at all?
Or am I setting the permissions in the wrong place?
I think I might be changing the permissions for just PWA, not the workspaces
as maybe Project Server sets the permissions somewhere else, perhaps
internally?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Co-Existance with Project on Same Server?
Hello, We're a small company who is an MS partner and are looking to deploy CRM for our sales staff. While we are aware that you cannot have CRM and Exchange on the same server, we would like to consolidate some of our internal services to a singlular server. I am curious if Project Server and CRM can co-exist peacefully on the same server or not? I know I can use SharePoint on a CRM server, but being able to put Project Server as well would be very helpful. Thanks, Derek There is no restribtion about CRM & Exchange not being on the same server. the only restriction is ...

.NET project
I'm looking for some champions in .NET to do a project for my company. We are looking for someone who is real good in CSS2. If you are available for a project and interested in this position please feel free to e-mail me at Matt@gdii.com. --- Posted via DotNetSlackers.com ...

Windows 7, MS Project, or Sharepoint which to get first
We are planning on getting all 3 but were wondering what questions to ask as to which to get first to start development with. Project Server runs on sharepoint, so you if you are using project server you need sharepoint. Project can run on windows vista, etc. so Windows 7 would not be a requirement. Of course if you want to use project you need to get project too... Sharepoint requires some sort of operating system, so if you have none then you need to buy something - and windows server would be a good starting point. What are you planning to develop? -Jack "chaz...

beginning balance in project accounting
When entering beginning balances for a new implementation of Project Accounting we went into the Project Setup for PA Invoices and turned the flag off for posting to payables management. We then went to enter the beginning balances through the PA Purchasing system. However we chose to enter these balances in the PA Receivings entry window, using a shipment/invoice type transaction. The reason for this was to be consistent with how the client would process on a daily basis. The problem is that when using the Receipt screen, instead of the PA Invoice Entry screen, the documents did post t...

Public Folder permissions #24
I have some public folders that recieve e-mail from some clients. Our help desk then work these mail items. After they work the issue they move the mail message to a completed folder that is a sub folder. They also have send as rights on the folder to send reply's to the sender as the helpdesk. However the helpdesk users have gotten forgetfull and have recently started to acceditly deleted the folders instead of deleting mail messages. I need to remove the users ability to delete the folders, but still let them have the ability to move messages and delete messages. But not delete th...

Chipcard-project with MFC
Hi NG, I'd like to build a software (with my VC++ 6.0) which can interact with chipcards. Where can I learn more about that? Do anyone know of projects which share their knowledge? Is there a newsgroup dealing with chipcards? Thank you Thomas You can use WriteFile and ReadFile functions to interact with ports. Ashish "Thomas Kregeloh" <thok@compuserve.com> wrote in message news:cpui5m$ndb$1@ngspool-d02.news.aol.com... > Hi NG, > I'd like to build a software (with my VC++ 6.0) which can interact with > chipcards. Where can I learn more about that? Do anyone ...

Building large MFC projects
How do I set up a system to build a large MFC project with a whole batch of output files to be built? It seems pretty clumsy in the IDE and I tried the build utility in the Windows DDK, but I didn't have much luck. I'm using Visual C++ 6.0 on Windows 2000. David Golub http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vcug98/html/_asug_building_a_project_from_the_command_line.asp -- --------------------------------------------------- Automate your software builds with Visual Build Pro http://www.kinook.com "David Golub" <anonymous@discussions.microsof...

Where is 'baseline last saved date' stored in Project Server 2003?
We are trying to find where is the baseline last saved date is stored in Project Server 2003 in order to extract that data to a reporting database. We can find the both the PROJ_SAVED and the PROJ_PUB dates in SQL, but no dates for when the baseline for a Project file was last saved (or any of the baselines, for that matter). The 'baseline last saved date' is clearly saved in the Project client file, because you can view it in the Project client UI: Tools>Tracking>Set Baseline>Baseline last saved (date) Can anyone directed us to where that data is stored in Projec...

common ways creating projects.
Hello. I want to create a project, with many programs (100). There is a main menu that is running, which can call many programs. What is the common way doing so, in VB.NET 2008. 1. Each program is executable, and the main menu program send each program parameters. 2. Each program is ActiveX. 3. MDI. or each program is on the same panel (whenever I can do so). 4. Else ? Thanks :) On 3/26/2010 5:18 AM, Mr. X. wrote: > Hello. > I want to create a project, with many programs (100). > There is a main menu that is running, which can call many programs. > > Wh...

Exchange server 2003 store permissions
In order to get Exmerge working I uninherited the permissions from the Parent Object on the Exchange Server security as well as on the security for the Mailbox store in System Manager. When I did this I chose to Copy the permissions on the permissions to these two objects. I also gave full control and send as receive as rights to administrator and domain administrator. After I committed these changes I have been having event 2114 and problems opening system manager at times. The Exchange server is working for the most part but logging in on the server causes problems. Sometimes I ...

Digitally signing VBA Project
I want to digitally sign my macro, so that all our offices can use it (without prompts). I know I can use SelfCert.exe, but I would like one which is recognised by windows as a trusted source (so all my users don't have to add my self cert on every machine). I have spoken to Verisign - they charge $499, I looked at GoDaddy, and they don't make them. Is there a more affordable source of one of these certificates? M You probably will not find any cheap sources for a digital certificate. Most users of digital certificates are commercial entities who can recover the cost of the...

Delete a class from a project
I'm developing an app in Visual Studio.net using Microsoft Visual C++ .NET. I need to delete a class from a project. Deleting the .h and .cpp files and all other references in the source code to the class does not remove the reference to the class and it's file names from the project. It still appears in the class view and the compiler will still look for the files resulting in an error. VC++ 6.0 had an awkward way of doing it using the class wizard. I have no idea of how VS.net handles it. Anyone ever completely delete a class from a project successfully in VS.net. Any th...

Is it possible that more than 1 project to share the same resource.h file?
Hi all.... before getting crazy fighting with ID's I want to receive your advice on what's the best way to do this: I'm programming an application that is very big, so to make it more understandable, it was necessary to program different modules in DLL's. I have at present 3 different projects in the workspace. The main project is the application itself (that has the CWinApp derived class) and the others are extension DLL projects. The application is MDI. The main project only has CManFrame class and some CControlBar's. One DLL project is the administration module, where...

I have a user that is receiving (seemingly randomly) NDR's stating "You do not have permission to send to this recipient." This has occured when sending to either internal users and to external Internet users (like AOL and Earthlink). Also, this has occured with new emails, replies and forwards. We are running Exchange 2003 with SP1. However, this user accessing his email via POP3 rather than directly through Outlook. There are no errors or Access Denied messages in any of the event logs relating to this user. At this point in time, it appears that this problem is only...

XADM: 0xc00206fc Error Message Occurs When You View Permissions in the Administrator Program
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321165&Product=ech We're having difficulty editing permissions to resources in our Exchange 5.5 SP4 server. It's running on a Windows 2000/XP network. There aren't any NT 4.0 workstations or servers running. Is there an alternate recommendation to Microsoft's solution besides using an NT4 client? The error indicates a problem with the trust or a problem reaching the Domain Controller(s) in the other domain. Here are other resolutions that I have found to this in our internal database: *** Problem Descriptio...

Excel8.olb corrupt with no admin permissions #2
I've been struggling with an odd issue here for several days. Situation is as follows: As per company directive, all users are required to members of the local Users group on their NT or in2K workstations, and to not be members of the Power Users or Administrators groups. With one particular user, if he does not have admin rights on his machine, he gets an error when opening Excel about excel8.olb or excel9.ob (depending on the version of office) being missing and corrupt (and I have to kill the application, as the error pops up constantly). If he's a member of the Administrators grou...

'GeneralQueueJobFailed' after resource assign and project publishi
Hi ; After assigning resources to project and publishing it, I get the following exception and process hangs at %93 : id="23000" name="ProjectPublishFailure" id="26000" name="GeneralQueueJobFailed" After checking logs, I found the following exception : System.Data.SqlClient.SqlError: Invalid object name 'msp_assn_enterprise' 'msp_assn_enterprise' table exists in the database and database user has got permissions to it. Also in the 'msp_assn_enterprise' table , there is no row with : 'assn_finish_date &g...

Viewing Access 2003 Group Permissions
I have a secure Access 2003 database with multiple users and groups.There are lots of forms, reports, queries, etc. When I go to Tools->Security->User and Group Permissions and click on Groups there is alistbox of group names and a listbox of object names. Does anyoneknow if there is a way to sort the list of object names by name? Ibelieve it may have been sorted that way originally, but over timewith new versions of many objects created or imported, the list is nolonger in any meaningful order. There also appears to be no way toincrease the width of the listbox to view the entire na...

Wish List for Project Accounting (everytime we run invoices)
We run batches of invoices that total anywhere from 150 to 300 at a time. Our project numbering and filing system is based on the Project ID. When we run the invoices, the only choice not availbale for colating is Project ID. As a result, we have to run the invoices based on Customer or a Class ID (to come close and reduce some colating effort); then colate them manually. I am sure this is not a big problem for others, but it is a huge problem for us. ...

Calendar permissions after migration
This is a slight revision of my post from yesterday, for the sake of clarity. We recently migrated Exchange 5.5 mailboxes to Exchange 2003 on a new domain. This was performed with the exmerge utility in a 2 step process. Now, if a user shares a calendar, creating a delegate with the appropriate level of permissions, all users in the organization are then able to view the calendar. The default permission is set to None. But if a delegate is created, they will not have access to the calendar unless the default is changed to something other than None. It seems to be a screwy permissio...

Dont need to use query and indexing feature of moss in project ser
we are going to deploy sharepoint portal server 2007 in existing environment of project server 2007. which is two server installation of project server 2007 . In which first is application server and second is database server. Is it necessary that we start Sharepoint server search and use Query and Indexing feature in front end application server of project server 2007 after installation of MOSS 2007 in front end server ? Because I need only sharepoint server 2007 in existing enviornment of project server 2007 for proposal review workflow of...

Batch file to add new domain account permissions
We are running Exchange 5.5 on a W2K server on domain A. Is it possible to run a batch file that will add user a user account from domain B to the permissions of every account in exchange? Does anyone have an example of something similar? Thanks in advance Why not create a group, give it the Service Account Admin role at the site level, and add the user(s) to that group? -tom ---- "Don" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18ff001c423c1$43d99610$a001280a@phx.gbl... > We are running Exchange 5.5 on a W2K server on domain A. > > Is it pos...

How could I optimize this VBA project ?
Hi ! I have a little issue with a workbook : it takes wayyyy too long to update... So I have a sheet called "Map", where I must update comments on certain cells... the problem comes from the 2 For... Next statements that take a lot of time to process, because I have to activate 4 different sheets each time... I have about 150 system, and 12 planets for each, that's 1800 possibilities !!! Can I get the same result with another method ? I tought about create another sheet where I could retrieve all infos I need, but I can't figure out how to do this... Currently, I ha...

how can i find out the % complete of all tasks in my project?
I am trying to find the duration and the % of work complete. When I go to the project statistics I am getting the duration, but the work complete always reads - 0%. this happens when I am near completion of a project. What am I missing? Susan, I'm assuming that you have been tracking progress as the project progressed in Project? If yes, simply display % Complete or % Work Complete as a new column (right mouse click on header and click insert column ...). Also in Menu: Tools/Options, click on "Show Project Summary Task" in the View Tab. Jim Askell has ...

Access 2007 Corrupt VB Project
Hi Everyone, When I tried to open an Access 2007 database I had been working on, I got a message saying that the database couldn't be opened because the Visual Basic project in the database was corrupt. It gave me the option to press "OK" and lose all the VB modules in the database, or press "cancel", get out of Access, and make a backup of the database. I did this, then tried to reopen the original database. I got the same message about corruption. This time I pressed "OK", and sure enough, all the VB code was gone. I found a KB article on the MSDN site ...