Project Sites creation in Project Professional 2010

Hello,

Recently I installed Sharepoint+Project Server+Project Professional 2010
(BETA versions) on Farm Deployment using Hyper-V machines (1 DataBase server
- with SQL Server 2008 R2 - and 1 Application Server).

I made the installation with no big problems and configured external acess
using DNS maping and configured alteranate access maping on Central
Administrtion.

Users can acess from outside (internet) using the URL that I configured.

After that I installed Project Professional and the problems started. First
I break my head trying to connect them. Resolution:

  - Logged on Application Server I had to connect Project using
http://machine_name/pwa;
  - Outside the lan I had to configure URL with the name I choosed when
creating pwa instance - http://name_choosed/pwa

I can publish projects to EPM 2010 and create sites but for some reason when
I go to Server Settings>Project Sites they don't appear in (Projects are
there, there is no corresponding link and I can't change nothing there
(shadow options)). If I type URL directlly on browser the site exists and it
is ok - http://external_name/pwa/project_name.

In PWA if I go to Site Actions > Sites and Workspaces, the sites are there
and I can press link to be redirect to them.

My question is:

  - Why my sites don't appear in Server Settings > Project Sites;
  - Why they appear in Site Actions > Sites and Workspaces;
  - If I go to Project Center and choose a Project, and then click button on
Ribbon "Project Site" I am redirect to a site saying "there is no site to
this Project";

Appreciate some help,

Best Regards

--
Mask, MCP

1) There's a known issue with provisioning sites from MPP 2010.
2) 2010 questions should be addressed to the 2010 forum as you'll get more
support there: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/projectserver2010,projectprofessional2010

- Andrew Lavinsky
Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm

> Hello,
>
> Recently I installed Sharepoint+Project Server+Project Professional
> 2010 (BETA versions) on Farm Deployment using Hyper-V machines (1
> DataBase server - with SQL Server 2008 R2 - and 1 Application Server).
>
> I made the installation with no big problems and configured external
> acess using DNS maping and configured alteranate access maping on
> Central Administrtion.
>
> Users can acess from outside (internet) using the URL that I
> configured.
>
> After that I installed Project Professional and the problems started.
> First I break my head trying to connect them. Resolution:
>
> - Logged on Application Server I had to connect Project using
> http://machine_name/pwa;
> - Outside the lan I had to configure URL with the name I choosed
> when
> creating pwa instance - http://name_choosed/pwa
> I can publish projects to EPM 2010 and create sites but for some
> reason when I go to Server Settings>Project Sites they don't appear in
> (Projects are there, there is no corresponding link and I can't change
> nothing there (shadow options)). If I type URL directlly on browser
> the site exists and it is ok - http://external_name/pwa/project_name.
>
> In PWA if I go to Site Actions > Sites and Workspaces, the sites are
> there and I can press link to be redirect to them.
>
> My question is:
>
> - Why my sites don't appear in Server Settings > Project Sites;
> - Why they appear in Site Actions > Sites and Workspaces;
> - If I go to Project Center and choose a Project, and then click
> button on
> Ribbon "Project Site" I am redirect to a site saying "there is no site
> this Project";
>
> Appreciate some help,
>
> Best Regards

0
Andrew
4/1/2010 10:22:33 AM
Andrew,

Thanks for the faster answer and for the link.
Sorry for posting in the wrong place.

Best Regards,

--
Mask, MCP

"Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:

> 1) There's a known issue with provisioning sites from MPP 2010.
> 2) 2010 questions should be addressed to the 2010 forum as you'll get more
> support there: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/projectserver2010,projectprofessional2010
>

> - Andrew Lavinsky
> Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Recently I installed Sharepoint+Project Server+Project Professional
> > 2010 (BETA versions) on Farm Deployment using Hyper-V machines (1
> > DataBase server - with SQL Server 2008 R2 - and 1 Application Server).
> >
> > I made the installation with no big problems and configured external
> > acess using DNS maping and configured alteranate access maping on
> > Central Administrtion.
> >
> > Users can acess from outside (internet) using the URL that I
> > configured.
> >
> > After that I installed Project Professional and the problems started.
> > First I break my head trying to connect them. Resolution:
> >
> > - Logged on Application Server I had to connect Project using
> > http://machine_name/pwa;
> > - Outside the lan I had to configure URL with the name I choosed
> > when
> > creating pwa instance - http://name_choosed/pwa
> > I can publish projects to EPM 2010 and create sites but for some
> > reason when I go to Server Settings>Project Sites they don't appear in
> > (Projects are there, there is no corresponding link and I can't change
> > nothing there (shadow options)). If I type URL directlly on browser
> > the site exists and it is ok - http://external_name/pwa/project_name.
> >
> > In PWA if I go to Site Actions > Sites and Workspaces, the sites are
> > there and I can press link to be redirect to them.
> >
> > My question is:
> >
> > - Why my sites don't appear in Server Settings > Project Sites;
> > - Why they appear in Site Actions > Sites and Workspaces;
> > - If I go to Project Center and choose a Project, and then click
> > button on
> > Ribbon "Project Site" I am redirect to a site saying "there is no site
> > this Project";
> >
> > Appreciate some help,
> >
> > Best Regards
> >

> .

Project Freight and taxes
How do we distribute freight to multiple projects on one purchase? Hi Paul You can`t distribute freight to multiple projects on one purchase because this topic (freight) the system calculates by the total purchase. I suggest you that you create a new cost category named "frieght" and you add in the budged of each project, "Paul" wrote: > How do we distribute freight to multiple projects on one purchase? ...

Excel in Web Site
Hi, Not sure if it is the right group! If not Guide me please. A value in an Excel sheet is needed to be shown on a web site so that when the Excel file is updated the value in the site is also updated. ...

CHTMLView and Dynamic Web Page Creation....
All, Thanks everyone so far with all your help! I am creating a MFC executable thats uses the CHtmlView class and I am trying to dynamically create a html page that has a animated gif. When you click on the animated gif it takes you to another web page. My problem is the below code creates the dynamic page and displays it but when I click on the animated gif it refuses to take me to the anchored link. Does anyone have any ideas on why this may be happening? I just discovered if you change the A HREF to point to a external web site, and not a local file, it seems to work fine. Am I just miss...

autocad 2010 autodesk full download crack torrent free $^P,@Vzw)H
We can crack or emulate any protection type: Dongle, Hardlock, Hasp, Serial, Password, Hasp4, Flexlm, Sentinel, Wibu, Eutron Smartkey, Hasphl, Proteq, All the Protections!! email = yshowsoft@gmail.com email = yshowsoft at gmail.com NEW UPDATES 2010 Artpro 9.5r4 with license (minimal of 2 license) Oris Press Matcher fiery impose Fiery Color Profiler 2 Preps 6.0r3 Dynagram Dynastrip v6.0.1 Dynagram inpO2 Artpro 9.0r8 (all modules included) Esko Visualizer 7.5.5 Esko Softwares Suite V7.5 PC/Mac Trueflow SE6.0.1 with SPM fully crack Heidelberg SignaStation v4.5.10.91...

I have no connection to outlook 2010
Hi everyone I have problems sending/reciving messages on my new outlook 2010! Why Thomas!? Not enough details provided to even guess. What happens when you send/receive? Are there any error messages? If there are, those error messages are the key to defining and resolving the problem. What do they say, exactly? "Laptop111" <Laptop111@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A646E1D5-F657-4936-9E47-866D22B88384@microsoft.com... > Hi everyone > I have problems sending/reciving messages on my new outlook 2010! Why Thomas!? >Why Thomas!? As...

Exchange 2003 Distribution List Creation
I have over 100 email addresses in a word document that I need to use to create an email distribution list. Is there an easy way to import all these addresses into the distribution list's members area? Or am I stuck typing in each one by hand? Thanks for any help! You could use a tool like LDIFDE. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=237677 Nue "redrobit" <redrobit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E73943C3-55F6-40B0-BC5D-811491A64769@microsoft.com... >I have over 100 email addresses in a word document that I need to use to > create an email di...

MS Project Master Project Resource Allocation
I have seen similar threads but have not found my specific quest. I am an R&D Product Development Manager with a request from our VP to provide a Resource Allocation Report (generated from MSP 2007)that contains a row for each of our department resources (personnel) and a column for each project with sum totals. This would generate a single report conveying the total resources allocated for each project (column total) and each individual's allocation (row total) for a specific timeframe (month, quarter, etc.). Is this possible to generate from MSP 2007 with a Master Project...

Exchange 2003 to exchange 2010 12-16-09
We will upgrade in 2010. Is this a complicated task or is it relatively straight forward? We just have a single forest/domain with about 60 users at 1 site. We will buy new server with windows server 2008 many regards Carlo It is probably straightforward to some people, yet complicated to others. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "MrC" <nf@no.com> wrote in message news:OEkK%23fofKHA.1592@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > We will upgrade in 2010. Is this a complicated task or is it re...

project accounting
In Dynamics Project Accounting when making changes to CARDS in the maintenance window the options are only SAVE and DELETE. i.e. there is no escape if you have changed something in error and are not sure what it was. This applies to many windows in Projects. In other modukles for instance Debtor Maintenance there is a CLEAR button. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to ...

On DPM 2010
Unable to connect to the Active Directory Domain Services database. Make sure that the DPM server is a member of a domain and that a domain controller is running. Also verify that there is network connectivity between the DPM server and the domain controller. ID: 7 Details: The specified directory service attribute or value does not exist (0x8007200A) http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/31578130/hithis-is-permissions-is.aspx http://msmvps.com/blogs/daniel/archive/2006/02/15/83677.aspx -- Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA ...

2010 dodge pickup
dear john we have the truck you asked about, the retail is 38,855 your price is 33,024 plus fees. "Frank Smith" wrote: > dear john we have the truck you asked about, the retail is 38,855 your price > is 33,024 plus fees. > > . > Dear John, The new Rams are nice but go with the Sierra line. ...

Adding References to a Project
Hi, I have an addin which I share with some work colleagues. I recently added a reference to the Microsoft Scripting Runtime to allow me to use the FileSystemObject. It opens the old version and imports a phone list into the new blank addin. Before I share the update I would like to figure out whether the new code will work on my colleagues machines without having to explicitly add the reference in their VBE? Is there a programmatic way to do so? Is it possible to use Application.Run instead of adding a reference? I've read a lot about references but haven't seen anything whic...

partial pickups on creation of layaway
Please give us the option do do a partial pickup at the initial creation of a layaway. Currently it is a two step process. First you have to create the layaway in one transaction, then you have to either create a new transaction for the items to be picked up right away and add the two together, or recall the layaway and do the partial pickup and add the two together. This should be able to be done in one step. Without having to add two receipts together. Craig ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote...

Outlook 2010 Categories not showing for some email
I use categories alot with my Exchange account in Outlook 2010. Just a month a ago the categories started not showing on some emails but are visible on others. The toolbar option is there and seems to work, but the categories don't show on my Subject-grouped/threaded Inbox. (I can open the individual email up and see that does save.) Also, if is of interest, some of my emails also no longer group correctly in the threaded view. Maybe related? It seems to be that emails from certain senders are the problem ones. If it is useful to know I downdload all the mail into a local "Perso...

Office 2010 01-06-10
Lets see if I have this straight: Microsoft will release Offic 2010 but offer no upgrade pricing. So while several office suits are available, Microsoft will not give users a break. Me, i'll stick with Office XP, Star Office, and other alternatives. ...

Exchange 2007 OAB Creation
I've been having one heck of a time getting an Offline Address Book created in Exchange 2007. This is a completely independent test installation, all fresh. The problem I'm having is with OALGen, it can't create an offline address book. I get the following event errors: --- FIRST ERROR --- Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: OAL Generator Event ID: 9384 Date: 2/1/2007 Time: 2:32:21 PM User: N/A Computer: DEV-SIMON Description: OALGen only supports alphanumeric and space characters on the offline address name. The offline address list is not going ...

MS Project 2003 File Size Growing
I have multiple projects with individual project files all linked to a common resource pool that has 750 different resources. I have used this setup for the past 2 years and haven't had any problems. However, last week I noticed that the files were taking longer and longer to open. I checked the properties and noticed that the file sizes ranged between 65,000KB - 89,000KB. I delinked the individual schedules from the resource pool and recreated it. The original file size for this resource pool was 2,500KB. As soon as I linked it to project schedule the file size grew to...

outlook 2010
hello! I´ve installed office 2010 prof plus on pc with windows 7 and firefox 3.6 too. every time i open a mail firefox starts and it will download a file to open. (file:///C:/Users/username/AppData/Local/Temp/%7B971A71F1-D6D7-4AE9-B0DB-BF9E43085325%7D.html) error message (no elements to show). I change standard browser to internet explorer all works fine. what´s the problem ? Any ideas ? Roland ROE wrote: > hello! > I�ve installed office 2010 prof plus on pc with windows 7 and firefox 3.6 too. > every time i open a mail firefox starts and it will download a...

An 'Umbrella' for UNsigned VBA projects?
Hi, To simplify and demonstrate an observation (Adjust for word wrap please): 1) Create a new workbook named 'Book1.xls' and enter the following 'Thisworkbook' level event : Private Sub Workbook_SheetSelectionChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range) Workbooks.Open Filename:=ThisWorkbook.Path & "\Book2" End Sub 2) Digitally sign the Book1.xls VBA project and save and close the file. 3) Create a new workbook named 'Book2.xls' and enter the following 'Thisworkbook' level events : Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean)...

Get data from oracle application database into project server 2007
Scenario we have finance dept and HR dept and we have implemented EPM 2007 . now management main consults with Budgeting and costing. they dont want to again enter data about resource (standard rates,overtime rates , fixed cost , cost/use) e.t.c and want to integrate from HR dept and Finance Dept applications with the oracle database and in that oracle database these data is already exist of users. how i can integrate from these oracle applications and get data of those users which are added in the project server 2007 from active directory . what is the best and easy w...

WSS site with two names, how??
We need to set up a new WSS server such that it can be seen by its new name AND its old name. That is we want http://oldname and http://newname to point to the same Sharepoint - 80 site. How do we do this?? AAM or IIS host headers?? We will want the index and search and etc. to all point to //newname. This is a standalone single-server install with WSS and SQL on the same server, also Reporting Services and Search Server Express. Thank you... ------=_NextPart_0001_8F07B47F Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Step one will be to make sure the new name resolve...

de-activate microsoft office 2003 professional
anyone knows how to de-activate a microsoft office 2003 professional, and then reinstall it to a new computer? "ericchong" <ericchong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:636D39E0-878F-4258-81B5-EB25B7D91205@microsoft.com... > anyone knows how to de-activate a microsoft office 2003 professional, and > then reinstall it to a new computer? There IS no "deactivation" process. Just uninstall from the old (as long as it's NOT an OEM version in which case you can't move it) and install on the new...depending on how long it's be...

How to mass unassigned items from site?
We've setup a site incorrectly and mass assigned all items to it. Now I need to delete that site and recreate correctly and reassign items. But how to cleanly delete the site so no items are assigned to the incorrect site? Is there a quick way? Thanks. JPP In Item Quantities Maintenance, pull up the item, pull up the Assigned Site you want to delete, then hit the Delete button. You will not be able to delete. Hope this helps, Submitted via EggHeadCafe Dynamic Data Controls with Entity Framework http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/29c02d78-c90d-495a-82fd-c21fe6656ed6/dynami...

IE8, ActiveX, Security, trusted site
I have a web site that I placed on the security option as a trusted site. I enabled all ActiveX options(download, run, etc) and disabled warnings on this site. However I have been going into a loop whenever IE8 asks me allow download. This is very frustrating! I downloaded Firefox and Google Chrome and had no issues with these browsers other than some private sites not running on these. I still like IE but now I am having a change of heart. Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as ...

Simple Linked Sharepoint site
Ok.. In Access 2003, I used to be able to open a Access 2003 database, have linked tables to Sharpoint and run queries and create reports. I could run a query, get results, make changes in Sharepoint and re-run the query seeing the changes I made in the Query results. So then I make a stupid mistake of upgrading to Access 2007. Now, when I open the database (same one, new one, doesn't matter), it seems like it goes and updates all the tables, then "Caches" that information into Access 2007. What this causes is that I can no longer run a Query, make changes in sharepoin...