Project server 2007 Timesheet creation

Hi,
  We are using project server 2007. When create a new timehseet, we are
facing the following issues.
1. Sometimes the timesheet will be created with all the data filled with the
planned hours against the standard row.
1. If we try to add the a new line to the timesheet using Add Lines, it will
be added  without project name and tasks.

Please help me to resolve the issues.

Thanks,
arun

Are you getting add-lines dialog box when you try to add...if your able to
see then you shoud select the project task and say ok.hope this helps
"Arun" wrote:

> Hi,
>   We are using project server 2007. When create a new timehseet, we are
> facing the following issues.
> 1. Sometimes the timesheet will be created with all the data filled with the
> planned hours against the standard row.
> 1. If we try to add the a new line to the timesheet using Add Lines, it will
> be added  without project name and tasks.
>
> Please help me to resolve the issues.
>
> Thanks,
> arun

Hi,
   Thanks for your information, we allways select the tand click OK, but the
project name is missing.

Thanks,
arun

"chanti060" wrote:

> Are you getting add-lines dialog box when you try to add...if your able to
> see then you shoud select the project task and say ok.hope this helps
> "Arun" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >   We are using project server 2007. When create a new timehseet, we are
> > facing the following issues.
> > 1. Sometimes the timesheet will be created with all the data filled with the
> > planned hours against the standard row.
> > 1. If we try to add the a new line to the timesheet using Add Lines, it will
> > be added  without project name and tasks.
> >
> > Please help me to resolve the issues.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > arun

Changing newsgroup servers...how?
I have been trying without success to access news groups on news.individual.net... but I keep getting an error message Outlook express was unable to switch to newsgroup***** on the server news.individual.net. 480 Authentication required Configuration Account. news.individual.net Server news.individual.net Any suggestions please Andy The news server requires you to supply a userid and password in order to access it. Did you configure the account properties correctly? "laroffie" <laroffie@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:cfo5v7$f1b$1@news-reader1.wanadoo.fr... &g...

How to specify DSaccess in exchange server 2003 ?
Here we have 3 DC in the domain. I want to configurate my exchange 2003 to always access DC1, any body knows how to set it ? Thanks. Hi, when you go to the properties of the Exchange Server in Exchange System Manager, you can access the Directory Access Tab. You will see all servers listed there, you cannot uncheck the automatically discover. But if you select next to Show the Configuration Domain Controller, or any other item in the list, you can manually set your preferred server. But, be careful if you specify one specific DC, he won't fall back to another one if this one fail...

running a Macro in 2007 which was created in 2003
Hi there, I hope you can help, I am not VB literate unfortunately but I am trying to run a macro with the following line of code which creates an error: LastRow = Master_Wksht.Range("N" & Rows.Count).End(xlup).Row Is there a change between versions which means this line won't work any more? Simon, That line is fine in E2007 provided you have 'SET' Master_Wksht but if you hadn't done that it wouldn't have run in earlier versions of Excel Set Master_Wksht = Sheets("Sheet1") What have you dimmed LastRow as it should be long. ...

Task "MS Exchange Server" reported error (0x80040119)
A user of mine got the error above on the subject line - they said they they get it at least 2/3 times a day. I searched the net, also find an article from Microsoft - it points the ..pst file Our mail is delivered to/stored on the exchange 2003 server, we use Outlook 2003. We do use archive.pst files for old/archived mail. do you believe I need to run inbox repair tool - as all of the information so far points to running the repair tool. When fist looking at the message with out the error number --- it looks like there is a problem between outlook and the exchange server...

Deploying Macros with Exchange Server 5.5
Ok, now that I have my macro written, I need to deploy it to about 60 workstations without having to go to each one. I am running Exchange Server 5.5. Any ideas? Thanks! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Does anyone know where the vba code in outlook is actually stored on th hard drive? Maybe we could just copy the code to all of th computers.. ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and ...

rpc server not available by re-associating mailbox account
hi i have an exchange 2003 in a windows 2003 child domain. we have a branch office, it had windows NT4 and now it was upgraded from NT to windows 2003 als child domain in our forest (now trust between our domains) Before this,we create account and mailbox for people of this domain in our Domain (no trust betwen us) in order to use Exchange (dual account ,one by us to have an mailbxo with it and one local in their domain) Now i dont need anymore to have this and i want to associate the local AD-account instead of the account we created in our domain with the mailbox. so i thougt follow...

Access 2007 ControlSource code in Report causing shut down
The following code worked successfully in Access 2002 & 2003 but for some reason, the lines that contain ControlSource are causing Access 2007 to shut down and error out. Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. In short, I’m using a combo box on a form “ReportCenter” to change the GroupLevel and textbox values on a report. If I comment out the lines with ControlSource the code runs successfully, if any one of them are uncommented, Access 2007 shuts down and restarts. 'Group 1 If Forms![ReportCenter]!T2GroupCheck1 = True And Forms![ReportCenter]!T2GroupDescendC...

pop3 server
whenever i open windows mail it asks me to verify my pop3 username and password. when i do and click ok, the request box just goes off and comes back on again with the same request. i have checked with my ISP and i am using the right details, any help? No replies needed, my ISP is USELESS and have now given me the CORRECT info!! "rh4487" wrote: > whenever i open windows mail it asks me to verify my pop3 username and > password. when i do and click ok, the request box just goes off and comes > back on again with the same request. i have checked with my ISP ...

Migrate Sun mail server to Exchange 2k3
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C66782.59BB62E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is there a tool for Migrating mailbox on sun mail server(netscape) to = Exchange 2003? Or, could you give me any experiences on this point, thank you for your = any inputs. Owen 2006.4.24 ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C66782.59BB62E0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> &...

assing macro to an an image, shape, text in Word 2007
I would like to run one of my macros when either an image, or a shape, or a text is clicked in Word 2007 document. Thanks, Use an ActiveX control, as they have a _Click event. Lev wrote: >I would like to run one of my macros when either an image, or a shape, or a >text is clicked in Word 2007 document. >Thanks, -- Gerry Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/word-programming/201004/1 Another method is to insert a MacroButton field and paste the image into the field code where the display text would be. See http://www.word...

I open 2007 file, it opens as .ppt (2003) read only
When I open up my 2007 files .pptx by double-clicking on it, it opens as a ..ppt (Read Only) (Compatibility Mode). I then have to do a "save as" 2007 file. However, when I open it by doing file-open - it opens as a 2007 file. Does anyone know why yhis happens and if there is a preference I can set to have them open as 2007 files when I double-click on it? Thanks in advance! -- Marc One solution would be right clicking the file and selecting properties and going to the " General" tab and changing the program it uses to open as a default(i am not aware...

How To Align Decimals In A PP 2007 Table
I have financial data with one decimal point where I want to align to the decimal point in a PowerPoint table. How do I select the full column and align to the decimals? Thanks! (B^>)-]=[ You can't. I've asked for this feature ever since about PowerPoint 2000, but it's still not there. Frustrating. You have to do this individually in each cell. Basically, choose the decimal tab option to the left of the ruler, then add a tab (Ctrl+Tab) before the text in each cell as necessary. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT ...

Compiling MFC project from command line...
Hi, How do I compile and link MFC activex project from command line in MSVC 6.0 Is there any tool which generates such info... Help ! sandSpiderX If you look in the project settings for your ActiveX project, you will see the command line that is used by the IDE for building the project. You should be able to use that command line directly. "sandSpider" <m74.piscean@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1120655631.691634.137580@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > How do I compile and link MFC activex project from command line in MSVC > 6.0 > > Is the...

Remove the last 5.5 server in the org
Hi I'm trying to remove the last 5.5 server following the KB http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822450 but I cannot connect to the 2003 server using the 5.5 admin program. I get the following error "A Connection could not be made to the Exchange Server" Microsoft Exchange Directory ID no: DS_E_COMMUNICATIONS_PROBLEMS I'm at a loss as to how I can now go about removing 5.5 and changing from mixed to native mode Any help greatly appreciated Thanks Marcus Marcus, I have experienced the same error our Exchange 5.5 server, your situation is quite diffre...

MS Outlook 2007 mis-type exchange criteria
I have evidently mistyped some data for MS Outlook when setting up an exchange account during a new install. The application completed the first run of the install but when it restarted it can not get past the splash for Configuring Outlook. I do get a sign in dialog box but entering the user id and pw only errors pop up until the app closes down, There seems to be no way to get back into the account set up screens or anything else for that matter to try to correct the problem. I have uninstalled the suite and re-installed but evidently some of the original reg information is ret...

how to restore links automatically after server migration?
We plan to migrate from Novell to Windows Server 2003, using new directory structures. The problem is : we have more than 1000 spreadsheets which are linked to other spreadsheets, and after the migration all the links will be broken because of the new locations. Is there a tool or a trick to restore these links quicker than opening all the sheets and correct the links by hand one-by-one? I could produce a table containing the name of the sheet, old location, new location, but then ?... Any help is highly appreciated! Sabine ...

Microsoft Word Table design in Access 2007
Is there a method for inserting a table (not an access table, but a word table with columns/rows/header, etc...) in a description field in a form or below the description field? I'm creating a database for development business rules and sometimes a business rule needs a table to explain or identify the heirarchy/relationship of items for the rule. I don't want this to link to anything else but the Business Rule ID that I am currently in. Thanks in advance! You could use a memo field but the data will not be separated by grid lines. You would need to add spacing and ...

A large number of messages are pending in the e-mail server send q
How can I get around this, I tried force connection, didn't work? Meanwhile store.ex is holding up lots of memory and the main drive is running out of space. Could any of these event create this problem? I just can't explain why some sites recieve our mails and some don't. Thanks - Check outbound smtp connectivity - Check DNS name resolution (if you're not using smarthost) - Are messages in the q for a particular domain? Is that domain valid/resolvable? - Restart smtp svc & routing engine svc - Check event log for any errors. Bump up Diagnostics Logging on MSExchange...

Exchange 2007/spam/windows mobile
I have just installed Exchange Server 2007 and have moved a couple of mailboxes over to it for testing. I am using the Anti-spam built into EX2007. When a mailbox receives spam, it goes to the Junk Mail folder in Outlook, but it is hitting the Inbox first. I have a Windows Mobile device setup to sync to the Inbox (I checked to make sure that the Junk Email folder is not selected and it is not). I have 2 different problems, but I believe they both are related. The first... when the spam message hit my mailbox, they are first hitting my inbox real quick and then being moved the Junk ...

Exchange 2007
Hallo. we have enabled recipient filtering for our organization as we are requested to reject with a SMTP connection error messages addressed to non existent recipients as follows: EMC - Organization Configuration - Hub Transport - Anti-spam - Recipient Filtering enabled Block messages sent to recipients not listed in the GAL Still, if I telnet on port 25 I get a 250 2.1.5 Recipient OK message to a RCPT TO:non_existent_user@mydomain.com We have 2 Exchange 2007 SP1 servers: both are HubTransport+ClientAccess+Mailbox+UnifiedMessaging Exch1 is Windows Server 2003 Ent R2 SP2 ...

Excel2003 vs 2007 ... :(
Excel2003 vs 2007 ... I have many Templates, charts etc created in Excel2003 & many have Recorded Macro's attached to Forms Buttons ... These Temps work perfect in Excel2003 ... I think they may also work in Excel2007??? However .... Issue is ... some folks have Excel2003 (WindowsXP) while others who update these Files have Windows7 (Excel2007) ... We often end up with File corruption or Excel has encountered an error & must close ... etc etc ... when attempting to work these Files between the 2 Office Systems & 2 Excels .... very disenchanting. We have use...

2003 charts don't format to page size in 2007. any suggestions
I have numerous charts created in Excel 2003 that are formatted to print very legibly on 8-1/2 x 11. Excel 2007 does not seem to make any proportional adjustments base on paper size, resulting in a long flat chart that is not legible because the print is too small. Any suggestions on how to modify the ratios. Clicking on print options "print on 1 page high by 1 page wide" has no effect. the height and width ratios do not change at all as they did in 2003. ...

Activating Trial Visio 2007
Unabale to activate a successfully downloaded trial version of Visio 2007. Keep getting the message now for 3 days running; "A communication error has occured. Your request cannot be processed at this time. Please try again in a few minutes". There is nothing wrong with my internet connection. I cannot get to talk to any Microsoft Technician as the phone no given does not connect. I do not even have the option of activating by phone being a trial version. Can anyone help? -- Ekeneoma ------=_NextPart_0001_2DA4BC8A Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I...

2007: How to show ribbon in XLS sheets opened with Internet Explor
Our company has the Browse in Same Window flag on for the XLS and DOC file types. This is needed for these documents to work inside of our own application. When opening a Word Doc it shows the ribbon within IE and you can make all your changes and stuff. But when you open and Excel Sheet within IE, it only shows the spreadsheet and the formula bar. There is no ribbon. If you look closely I was able to see the ribbon show for a split second but then dissapear. Also, if you try and do Alt+F to get the ribbon, IE takes it over, so that alternative is out. Is there a way to enable the ribbo...

Use jpg as border
Hi - I have a specific jpg that I wish to use as a border on a Word 2007 document. This jpg will be 3/4 point, and will border the entire document with multiple copies of the picture. In other words, the picture will be copied around the entire border of the document. I looked in Word 2007 'Help' but could not find the info on how to do this, if indeed it is possible. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Joe Hello Joe, if your jpg file is of right dimensions, you can use it as a background image. Therefore you can have it as border as...