Project Server 2007 "Service Unavailable"

Hi, my company is currently testing PS 07 in a test enviromnet and in the
past it kept on getting corrupted and now after our third try it was running
fine until now it is giving us a "Service Unavailable".  We've checked the
application pool and made sure the log in name/password is correct or hasn't
expired.  Is there any other reason why this may happen?  If we can't get PS
07 to stabilize we will not be able to move forward into putting it in
production.

The following are some of the possible reasons for getting the "Service
Uanavailable"

The application pool is not running.
The application pool account uses an incorrect password.
The application pool account is not a member of both the IIS_WPG group and
the STS_WPG group on the server.

Sometimes I have had to rebuild the Sharepoint SSP to make Project Server
start work again.

As for the reason for this heppening comes down to security.  Do you have a
corp security group that maybe removing accounts or changing passwords?

Hope this Helps

--
Ray McCoppin

http://www.randsmanagement.com
Project Server 2007 Archive Tool
SRS gantt charts

"Karrybelle" wrote:

> Hi, my company is currently testing PS 07 in a test enviromnet and in the
> past it kept on getting corrupted and now after our third try it was running
> fine until now it is giving us a "Service Unavailable".  We've checked the
> application pool and made sure the log in name/password is correct or hasn't
> expired.  Is there any other reason why this may happen?  If we can't get PS
> 07 to stabilize we will not be able to move forward into putting it in
> production.

email says 'service unavailable'
what does that mean Service: the act of serving Unavailable: Not available, accessible, or at hand --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, me asked: | what does that mean me <me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >what does that mean DUH! Did you pay the Internet Service Provider? "me" <me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3674E98-EFED-438C-844F-2DF801410438@microsoft.com...

Service unavailable
My "question" is on WebServices. How can i know that a sevice is available ?. I know there is the onserviceavailable property that enable a function when the WebService behavior got WSDL. But what if the server never respond ? how can i know the service is really unavaible and will never respond ? i have func1 func1{ service.useService("http://.//mapService.asmx? WSDL","svcMap";); CmdGenerate(); } function CmdGenerate(){ var objCallOption; var objRemote; objCallOption = service.createCallOptions(); objCallOption.funcName = "blnDraw"; o...

That HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable frustrating error!
I have a new installation of 4 Windows Server 2003 servers with Exchange 2003 running on them. One is a front-end server and the rest are back-end servers. I try to logon to the Outlook Web Access of the front-end and it works only for mailboxes of one of the back-end servers. When I try a mailbox which is on either of the two remaining back-end servers it gives me the famous HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable error. If I try to logon directly to the OWA of either of the two back-end severs not working it works fine. I have read lots of newsgroups on the subject but I could not find a solution...

Is it normal when the sever's response is "service unavailable"
Just set up my new Outlook address for home use but when I sent a message I got an error message stating : No respones and server is unavailable try again later. Does that mean I did not set up well? When you say you set up for home use, are you trying to pull work email from home? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "may" wrote: > Just set up my new Outlook address for home use but when I sent a message I > got an error message stating : No respones and server is unavailable try > again later. Does that me...

HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable error in OWA via FE server
Hi, I happen to find myself in the same predicament as was described in these posts (when users log in to OWA using the forms based authentication page on the front end server, they get a Http:/1.0 503 Service Unavailable error): www.webservertalk.com/archive127-2004-4-190514.html I have tried all these: 1. Follow the KBA 282230 (XGEN: Error Message "HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable" on Multiple Web Sites on Single Server) 2. Check if the DNS entries are correct for the server returning the "HTTP 503 Service Unavailable" 3. Back up the IIS metabase, de...

help please: public folders Service Unavailable and c1030af3
Hello, Exchange 2003 on a 2003 SBS. I'd like to change some settings on our public folders. When trying to open the node folders/public folders in Exchange System-Manager I get the following error: ID-Nr.: c1030af3 "the service used by the public folders is not running"... (translated from german) All exchange services are running. Our public folders are working (in Outlook). In Outlook Web Access I get the following error when clicking on public folders: HTTP/1.1 503 Service not available All other OWA-Features are working. We are using https with a selfcertificat. But t...

Public Folder Error 503
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0056_01C489DC.8CB2B930 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, We suddenly have a problem connecting to public folder using OWA.The = error msg we get from the IE is : HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable I also see alot of people experience same problem but there is no reply = for their question. KB837825 maybe not related to my problem as I have = fresh installation of Windows 2003. Oledb32.dll file match the version = required by the article. KB823159 could...

Service Unavailable 09-27-04
Running MSCRM 1.2 on Server 2003. SQL 2000. Exchange 2003. Recently had an unexpected shutdown (Power Failure). When server restarted CRM is Unavailable. All services associated with CRM, SQL, Exchange and IIS are started. Have rebooted server to know avail. Not a network issue as I am able to Use Terminal Services to manage the server. Experienced this one, we also had everything on one box, but it wasnt SBS..(yes this is unsupported).. We usually had this error whenever Norton runs on the machine and it seems locks up the SQL Data..we just excluded the datafiles from the scan and it ...

HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
Hello, I'm having a little issue. We have US Exchange server and US OWA server. We also have UK Exchange server and UK OWA server. Here is the story: US accounts can login to US OWA and to UK OWA no problems. UK accounts can login to UK OWA, but when try to login to US OWA, it thinks for a good 3 or more minutes and then they get this message: HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable In the US OWA logs, i get this message for my test account: Successful Network Logon: User Name: ittest Domain: UK Logon ID: (0x0,0x1F686BA) Logon Type: 8 Logon Process: Advapi Authentication Package:...

owa 2003 doesn't work, (service Unavailable)
We have exchange 2003 installed with owa 2003. But when i try to reach owa by http://server/exchange, i get Service is unavailable. I checked IIS, but everything is running, al the exchange virtual maps are started, the group applications in IIS are running to. Is there something else i must configure before i can start working with owa? i am out of ideas, can someone help me? Many thanks by me. Check your Default Web Site in IIS to make sure it isn't stopped. "Said Paap" wrote: > We have exchange 2003 installed with owa 2003. > But when i try to reach owa by http...

HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable after logging into OWA
I could use some urgent help with a problem I'm facing. My company is currently running Exchange Server 2003. We have one OWA front-end server configured for our entire global company. We have multiple OWA sites on this server to service all locations that current hold an Exchange Server. So we have an OWA site for AMER, UK, Ireland, and KL. Currently all OWA sites are working fine, except for our KL OWA site. Users in this domain can browse to the logon page just fine, but after authentication the page then displays HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable rather then taking them to t...

503 Service Unavailable
Hey guys, I read a lot of other question about this error in this News. I have this issue happening now in my enviroment. I have just one server in the whole Exchange Organization. When I try to access the Public Folder using OWA I receive the error " 503 Service Unavailable". All steps suggested by the articles Q823159 and Q837285 I already did and the issue still happening. Can someone help me on this? Thanks Yuri ...

Service Unavailable
When I enter OWA, I found the following: 503.1 Service Unavailable. I have verified the services and I have restarted the server. Everything is OK. What can I do? A quick search on MS Knowledge Base on Exchange 2003 for keywords: owa service unavailable turned up the following: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837285/en-us http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823159/en-us You might want to check these articles and see if they apply to your situation. If not, perhaps post back with more details regarding your configuration and any changes to it recently. -- Lee Owens MCSE, A+ Check out my b...

Service Unavailable #3
Dear All, We have a serious issue . One of our clients had probelm with the CRM service user. Their server got hacked with this user. They wanted to change the CRm service User. And we changed the CRM services plus the CRM app pool user to run under new user. After that it is giving error "Service unavailable". Could anybody please help me out in this issue, It is very urgent. Are we missing some thing. Thanks a lot for any help. why do not use the "Network service" instead of using a user . In Application pool , CRM APPPool Properties and click on identity Tab and ...

OWA Service Unavailable....ready to go back to Groupwise!!!!!
I have been working on this problem for a couple weeks now, and I am desperately trying to avoid a reinstall! This install is less than 6 months old!!! Config: Windows 2000 server SP4, domain controller, only server in the domain. Exchange 2000 server SP3 with August 2004 rollup on same machine. Server is patched and up to date. Since the install back in April, we haven`t had any serious problems with Outlook Web Access. About two weeks ago, it just decided to quit, and started giving "HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable" error messages when users would log in from home. I get the same...

503 service unavailable on OWA
Im running exchange 2003 and had OWA working fine. Today it stopped working. Its running on a domain controller. There are no event logs, and the exchange services are all started. I have even tried restarting IIS. There is an external address for OWA and the internal address. I get prompted for a username and password on the external address, but then it says service unavailable. When I try locally, it says Bad Host Name http://exchange3/exchange even using IP address has the same results. Help Please !!! TIA Are the stores mounted? Set the website back to All Unassigned for the IP...

HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable error...Once again!
I`ve actually posted about this issue several times before, but I am going to give it one more try. Someone has to have an answer to this: It started about 8 months ago, and I am near the point of completely reinstalling *everything*, including the OS, on our domain controller. The system is a single Windows 2000SBS SP4 domain controller running Exchange 2000 SP3. Windows is current with patches, as is Exchange, including the latest roll-up package. When at the server, if I type "http://127.0.0.1/Exchange" or "http://<serverIP>/Exchange" in the location box of the ...

CRM 1.2 shows "Service Unavailable" when trying to open applicatio
After Hurricane Wilma was kind enough to know power out of our office, our CRM 1.2 does not come up. When we point our browser to http://crm (as always), we get a "Service Unavailable" message within the browser window itself. It had been a very long time since the CRM server had been rebooted so it is unclear to us if something changed at some point which, after the reboot, broke CRM. Any tips on troubleshooting this are much appreciated. Thank you. Please note I have found the apparent problem - the identity of the CRMAppPool in IIS. I reset the identity and it is now...

CRM service unavailable
I've been researching this and have read all the posts on it but nothing has fixed my issue. My CRM works perfectly until we run an integration which imports leads and creates lead activities, at that point a few records get integrated but then CRM slows down and eventually goes the Service Unavailable screen. I reset IIS and everything is fine again. I don't know where to go at this point in troubleshooting this any further. I'm confused as to why it only happens in the integration situation. Manually adding a lead and a lead activity does not affect CRM the same way as the integr...

"Service Unavailable" Error Message in Outlook 2002
Hi All, Appreciate for your help here. When launching an ASPX page that contains Microsoft WebService Behavior 1.0.1.1120, within Outlook 2002, The web service returns error "Service Unavailable". But when there is no problem lauching from that aspx page from IE 6. Thanks, Dao Hi "Dao Trinh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5c5201c3e5e7$a5a75980$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > Appreciate for your help here. > > When launching an ASPX page that contains Microsoft > WebService Behavior 1.0.1.1120, within Outlook 200...

OWA and HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
I had to re-install Exchange Server 2003, after which the OWA does not work anymore. Windows Server 2003 SP1 Exchange Server SP1 When accessing the OWA (i.e. http://localhost/exchange) the following message is displayed in the browser after user authentication: HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable Access to the public folders (i.e. http://localhost/public) actually works. There are no errors on the event log when restarting Exchange Services. The only error or indication that something is wrong is the HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable message in the browser. I have tried everything but re...

OWA HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable #2
I just installed FE Exchange 2003 server. All users are getting that error message. Before that everything worked fine. Tried all suggestions but still at the same point. Any help is really appreciated. What suggestions did you try? What changes did you make? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "VIMS" <VIMS98@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message news:0EE2152B-B20C-4771-AB7D-9F053595B5DC@microsoft.com... >I just installed FE Exchange 2003 server. All users are getting that error > message. > Before that everyth...

ID no: c1030af3 and HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
I am having an issue with Accessing the Public Store via OWA and Exchange System Manager. When I attempt access via Exchange System Manager I receive the folling error....The HTTP service used by Public Folders is not available, possible causes are that the Public stores are not mounted and the information store service is not running. ID no: c1030af3 Exchange System Manager. If I try and access the public folders via OWA I recieve this error....HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable and the URL listed in the webpage is the localmachine name instead of the domain name (http://servername/p...

Exchange 2003 FE - OWA HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
I am unable to get into Outlook Web Access in Exchange Server 2003. All the Exchange 2003 services start fine. This is our setup: We have 1Exchange 2003 Server installed as Front End. We have another Exchange Server Back End in a Cluster with all the mailboxes/Public Folders. All are running on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise SP1. Exchanger Servers have SP2. OWA works fine on the backend servers no problem. Mailbox and public folder stores are mounted OK. We get the login prompt ok, but then get the HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable. We. downloaded and performed every step in the MS KB Article...

OWA HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
Hi! Have 2 domain in same forest. On FE server have 2 IP for OWA for each domain. For one domain all work fine, but for another i get error HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable. any solution? Sashko wrote: > Hi! > Have 2 domain in same forest. On FE server have 2 IP for OWA for each > domain. For one domain all work fine, but for another i get error HTTP/1.1 > 503 Service Unavailable. > > any solution? Check service on Exchange Information Store is running. of course it running, all mail services work fine except OWA fir one domain... "Roger" wrote: > &g...