Project server 2007 deleted user by mistake

Hi,
  We are using project server 2007 forms authentication. By mistake I
deleted one user from the project web access --> server setting -->delete
enterprise objects objects. But the timesheet for the delete user is
available. I tried to created the same user using pjformsauthupgrade command
it is througing an error

Failed to create user UserName. Error ResourceUIDInvalid occurred creating
user.
Failed to upgrade or create user UserName in the Project Server database.
Upgraded users in published database.

But when I try to create the user from Manage User--> Add User , it is
creating with new GUID and not fetching the old timesheets/project to the
account.

how can I resolve this.

Thanks in advance,
Arun

Arun --

If you used the Administrative Backup feature of Project Server 2007 to back
up your Enterprise Resource Pool and your User accounts, you could use the
Administrator Restore feature to restore them.  This would include the User
account you accidentally deleted.  Just a thought.  Hope this helps.

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]
VP of Educational Services

"Arun" <Arun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>  We are using project server 2007 forms authentication. By mistake I
> deleted one user from the project web access --> server setting -->delete
> enterprise objects objects. But the timesheet for the delete user is
> available. I tried to created the same user using pjformsauthupgrade
> command
> it is througing an error
>
> Failed to create user UserName. Error ResourceUIDInvalid occurred creating
> user.
> Failed to upgrade or create user UserName in the Project Server database.
> Upgraded users in published database.
>
> But when I try to create the user from Manage User--> Add User , it is
> creating with new GUID and not fetching the old timesheets/project to the
> account.
>
> how can I resolve this.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Arun

0
Dale

Access 2007 right click popup menu
Right click an Access 2007 form in Form View and the popup menu displays "Design View" which I want to remove. I can set Shortcut Menu to No but then no popup menus are available anywhere on the form. Adding menus in previous versions of Access was a graphical method and relatively easy: right-click a toolbar, Customize, create a toolbar, drag other menu items on to it, call it a Popup and try to find it... I cannot find any useful examples of using the AddMenu function in macros or CommandBarsPopup in VBA that work. Ideally, I want to create a popup menu containing the menu item...

Synchronizing public contact folder to a folder in user's mailbox
Is there any way i can synchronize a public folder containing contacts to a contact folder in user's private mailbox. I understand that i can do it manually but i need some way of doing it realtime and automatically. Any utility which works well under windows2003/exchange 2003 would be great as well. I need a utility which can run on the server and update a given user's mailbox accordingly. User is running Outlook 2003. Of course i would prefer to do it with Exchange's native functionality The reason i need to accomplish the above is following: I've setup Blackberry enterprise...

Delete records from DB
Hi, When a record is deleted from application, as i notice, it's still existed on DB with deletion code = 2. Since i deleted quite a lot of data from lead and opportunity based on user's request, can i just delete all garbages from my db which has deletion code as 2 using query analyzer tools?? Carrie CRM has a deletion service that will come through eventually and delete the records. Make sure the service is running on the CRM server. Microsoft CRM Deletion Service Don't manually delete the records. The service will also clean up all the descendent records (ie....

Windows Live Mail "Delete and block" Feature Seems Broken
Please see the discussion at cnet linked below. I'm having exactly the same problem using WLM (wave 3). At the moment addresses have to be added manually to the safe and blocked lists, which is slow and tedious. Help with this will be appreciated. http://forums.cnet.com/5208-19169_102-0.html?threadID=367702 "Victek" <Victek@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:euApMycILHA.1660@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Please see the discussion at cnet linked below. I'm having exactly the > same problem using WLM (wave 3). At the moment addresses have...

VB Project
Hi, Does anyone know how to access the VBProject in publisher through vba? I've written an app in excel that accesses excel, access, word, powerpoint, project and visio through their VBProjects but the object model for publisher doesn't seem to show a way in, even though you can program and record macros in it. Anyone know why? Cheers Paul ...

'Hard deleted' folder
Hi, I use Outlook 2003, not connected to Exchange on XP SP2. I have mistakenly 'hard deleted' a folder (with subfolders) containing a lot of important emails. Luckily I backed up my 'outlook.pst' file just yesterday. Unluckily I didn't know that as Outlook was open at the time, this was a worthless excercise (or so it seems). When I try and use this backup as an additional data file, Outlook doesn't recognise it as a personal folders file. I've tried the Inbox Repair Tool, but it says that its not a working outlook.pst and no info can be recovered. Is th...

Offline defrag needed after deleting 250 old users?
Is an offline defrag of our Exchange 2003 DB needed are deleting 250 old users/mailboxes? Thanks How much data was deleted? What portion of the total is this? Nue "SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B5087DE-CABB-47FB-9D2F-A6DEC467A2C7@microsoft.com... > Is an offline defrag of our Exchange 2003 DB needed are deleting 250 old > users/mailboxes? > > Thanks > > On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 04:39:27 -0800, SW <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is an offline defrag of our Exchange 2003 DB needed are deleting 250 old >users/...

Convert xlusrgal.xls to Excel 2007 Chart Templates
I have some users who used the xlusrgal.xls file stored in C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Microsoft\excel to store their own chart templates in Excel 2003. This doesn't seem to work in Excel 2007, and I see they have replaced it by Chart templates (.crtx). These chart templates need to be stored in a 'Charts' folder underneath the regular template path. The issue I have is that we lock down the template path for the firm (both user and shared), but we want to allow users to create their own chart templates by storing them to their profile as ...

Linking Excel Objects to Word in Office 2007
I'm hoping there is a solution for this issue I'm having. We recently switched our office to office 2007 and a new problem seems to be appearing that wasn't there before. In our office we have an Excel document that is set up with a bunch of calculations, and we have a word document that is also set up to go with the calculations. In the word document we have copied and pasted all the excel calculations into word as linked excel objects. We have both the documents saved in the same folder which acts our template which we can re-use over and over. So when we start ...

I DELETED a HUGE public folder-how do I recover it??
I deleted a HUGE public folder at my company and I can not find it. It has not shown up in my deleted items, and i can NOT believe it would have permanently vanished forever. What do I do? This could be pretty disasterous. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ Unless it is on your exchange server, or you regularly back up your public folders, it has been *permanently* deleted. There are some recovery services that charge large amounts of money and cla...

deleting messages using M drive
Does anyone know if it is safe to delete individual messages by going into the M drive and deleting messages like you would delete files in a directory? Thanks, Mario Using the M:\ drive to do anything other than view the data is not suggested. If there is another way to delete the specific items, I would suggest you use it instead of the M:\ drive. This is why in Exchange 2003 we have removed the M:\ drive mapping. --Chris ============================================================================ ==== This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

RPC over HTTP Proxy on Windows 2000 server?
Is it possible to install RPC over HTTP Proxy on a Windows server? If it is how? What is COM Internet Services Proxy? Does it do the same thing as RPC over HTTP Proxy? I believe a requirement is at least one DC (and a GC to boot) needs to be a Windows Server 2003 DC. "TD" <TD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:961741CE-CB6A-470C-A5C3-254DD888A3DE@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to install RPC over HTTP Proxy on a Windows server? If it > is > how? What is COM Internet Services Proxy? Does it do the same thing as RPC > over HTTP Proxy? Is th...

Changing Registered Users Name
The present user of the Microsoft Office 2000 is not the same as the installed user. When ever we send an EXCEL spreadsheet to OUTLOOK, the sender is always the installed user, not the current user. How do we change the installed user name to the present user name? Hi Mark, This might work: Tools>Options>General Tab>User name Biff >-----Original Message----- >The present user of the Microsoft Office 2000 is not the >same as the installed user. When ever we send an EXCEL >spreadsheet to OUTLOOK, the sender is always the >installed user, not the current use...

remote user cannot connect to OWA
He gets past the first username/password screen to the yellow login screen. However once he gets the second login/password box his password does not get accepted. I checked the event log on the exchange server and there is a 529 Unknown username or bad password but he insists that he typed it in correctly. What else could be causing this problem? I have an exchange 5.5 server running on windows 2000 server. ...

How to connect to Message Store in Exchange 2007
Hi How do we connect to Exchange server 2007 message store in C++. Can we use MAPI?. If not how do we connect Thanks Ravi You can still write C++ applications and use MAPI. However to do so you will need to first install the standalone MAPI/CDO component on the exchange 2007 server. http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman/archive/2006/06/19/636996.aspx -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Dgoldman http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman "Ravi" <Ravi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D7B4EC2-D43E-4909-9557-DE5185D04D58...

Trigger Macro on Project Status Drop Down
Hi, I would like to change the value of the "Publish "columm based on when a user makes a choice for the "Project Status." For example, when a user selects "In Progress" as the Project Status I would like to set all tasks where percent complete does not equal 100% to Publish equals "Yes." I'm assuming a VBA macro is the way to achieve this functionality. Could someone point me in the right direction? Many thanks, Carl There is nothing in VBA which would trigger off changing the project status through a dropdown, but I'&#...

Rebuild from the Deployment Project
I have 2 different apps that both have deployment projects in them. In one, when I right-click the Deployment Project and select Rebuild, it does a rebuild all and says it is rebuilding all in the status bar. In the other, it says the same thing, but doesn't rebuild everything. When I look at the business Layer project in the bin folder, the businessLayer.dll has an old date on it. What causes the Deployment Project to do an actual rebuild all? Thanks, Tom It sounds to me like you need solution dependencies set up so that the setup project build depends on yo...

Lost my Acrobat menu when upgrading to Office 2007
In our Company we use the Snagit and the Acrobat Writer which places automatic menu for each program on the Menu Bar on top. Well when our Company pushed the upgrade of the Office 2007 these menus no longer appear. How can we get them back. Please advise You probably just have to activate the addins. Office button => Word Options => Add-Ins => Go button at the bottom. On a side note, Office 2007 comes with its own pdf generation tool which is often faster (and better) than the Acrobat one. Yves "giosejo" <giosejo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

user date #2
what effect does user date have on GP? If I change the system date to 2 months earlier and create an invoice it will have that date as a doc date. That is simple and makes sense. But if I change the date and hit refresh the homepage readout is changed. So that would tell me that the whole system is being set back. So my question is what effect does changing system date have on tables (data) and what are some common uses for changing the date? Any info is appriciated. Changing the user date has absolutely no effect on the data stored in tables. The only things it changes are what you&...

Users Outlook Profile/Account not loading
Hi We have a client server setup, with Windows 2000 Server and the AD on one Box, and Windows 2000 Server with Exchange 5.5 on another Box. We are using Outlook 2000, All users have roaming profiles The users are having problems opening Outlook, when Outlook loads it says you do not have permission to log on, and logs onto a default folders. When I log on as administrator it happens to me, I then unlike the users can access the services and change the mailbox from "Default User" to myself..... the normal users are unable to do this and are then denied access to outlook. It ...

Delete permanently
After my spam filter moves messages to a folder, I just mark them read to after my "you've got mail" envelope comes up with Outlook 2000 (I really hope that they have fixed this for more current versions!!!). At the end of the day, I review my spam, and delete it. What I would like to do is delete it permanently now, instead of copying it to my delete folder. I keep messages in my delete folder to auto-purge in a couple of months. But this is filled up with spam! I'm thinking I should create a sub folder to my deleted folder, move the spam there, and then delete from th...

Using shared resources between multiple projects
I'm writing a solution formed by some projects (all mfc based). I'm thinking if it is possible using shared resources between projects, in order to make easy multilanguage support. What do you think about this? Is it a possible approach? Is it possible I have a performance issue? Should this solution give me some other problems? Regards, Paolo > I'm writing a solution formed by some projects (all mfc based). I'm > thinking if it is possible using shared resources between projects, in > order to make easy multilanguage support. > What do you think about this? Is it...

I am fed up with Office 2007 Beta 2
I am so fed up with Office 2007 Beta 2 I could Puke. For a week now I have been unable to even open it because I tried to create a new .pst file like was suggested. The original problem was a "folder's full" error that would not allow me to archive. Now I am trying to uninstall and it is telling me that I cannot because there are changes made to the original and I need to undo those first. Can anyone help me before I chuck the whole thing out the window?? LV Calm down, have a nice cup of tea, and then start over. Tell us exactly what error messages you are getting when try...

new outlook user has questions
I have finally taken the plunge from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003, mostly for the Calendar functionality. I have some questions that I have been unable to find answers for and am grateful in advance for any help you provide. 1) How do I create a second identity with a separate folder structure as can be done in OE? Whenever I create a second e-mail account all messages get mixed in the same Inbox. 2) Is there a keyboard shortcut available to view all headers of a message? I have had to right-click on a message and choose Properties to see them. 3) The current day in the monthly Calend...

Worked in 2003, not in 2007
I have a macro that was in my template which started life as a Word 2003 document. I've created a new template in Word 2007 and transferred all the code into the new document. Everything seems to work except one macro. This is supposed to grab the title of a given attachment, copy it into a new page of the attachment, and include the title. It always crashes on the Selection.Copy line. The only thing I changed was making the word "Attachment" all caps. But even if I change that back and use nothing but the original code, it crashes on that same line. Any ideas? ...