Project Server 2007 - Can't edit RBS

I have a clean install of PS2007 - SP2 on WSS in a small farm environment - DB server on another box. My installation "mostly" works, however, I am receiving an "unknown error" message when I try to edit the RBS. The item gets checked out and the "unknown error" message appears on the top of the page with only the Cancel button available.

I've checked the logs and don't see anything obvious, the event logs on both machines aren't showing anything and I'm fairly stumped.

Any insight, ideas, things to try would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.
0
ssujay (2)

Hello,  I am sorry to say that we need more information before suggestions
can be given.
      1. what group(s) does the resource belong to that is trying to edit
the RBS values?
      2. what feature are you using to edit the values? (PWA resource edit,
bulk edit or enterprise resource pool edit in Project Professional for
example)
      3. the resource should be checked out for this process but when you
press cancel what is the result?

With this information I am sure good suggestions will get posted quickly.

David Ducolon
www.projectserverexplained.com

"ssujay" wrote:

> I have a clean install of PS2007 - SP2 on WSS in a small farm environment - DB server on another box. My installation "mostly" works, however, I am receiving an "unknown error" message when I try to edit the RBS. The item gets checked out and the "unknown error" message appears on the top of the page with only the Cancel button available.
>
> I've checked the logs and don't see anything obvious, the event logs on both machines aren't showing anything and I'm fairly stumped.
>
> Any insight, ideas, things to try would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.project.server
> .

Thanks for the request for additional info David - here it is:

I'm trying to do the edits as the Administrator.

I am using PWA -> Server Settings -> Enterprise Custom Field Definition -> and either RBS (field definition) or RBS Table (table values) - doesn't matter - the result is the same.

When I press cancel - I am returned to the Custom Fields and Lookup Tables page.  If I attempt to edit the same item, I am told it is checked out to me in another session.  I then use "Force Check-in of Enterprise Objects" to break the check-out lock and can repeat this process.

Thank you all very much for the assistance.
0
ssujay (2)
1/9/2010 4:33:08 AM
I received the same unhelpful error message while building a
moderately large RBS lookup table using the PWA UI.

I thought it might be that I didn't have enough levels in the code
mask which I didn't. I added the appropriate number of levels and I'm
still getting the same error.

OUTCOME: I gave up, hit Cancel and lost about 1 hours worth of data
entry work.

Question: Is there a limit on the number of levels in the lookup
table?

0
Jack
1/26/2010 8:15:36 PM
I finally figured this one out - it is another manifestation of the Compressed HTML setting in IIS.  Once I flipped that switch off - everything is working smooth as silk.
0
Jay

Adding Rental Property to MS Money 2007
Hi; I am a new user to money. I have one rental house. What is the best way to add it to ms money to track income and expenses? I am looking for something very basic. I have managed it for the last ten years on paper and have always done my own taxes. Thanks for any help Pat I am thinking of adding a new "Bank Account" called 310 Judy (The address of the house). Then my rental income would be deposits to the account and my expences would be the withdrawls. Is this a viable option or am I going to run into problems later? Thanks Pat So why change? "komobu" <curra...

client server communication
hi everybody!!! iam lolarak nth pandey, much new to develop client server application!! iam facing a problem on the server side code, here multiple users can't play the game ,have developed a poker game application,i have used mutex for this purpose,uses two threads,to do the work,i think there is some problem in handling the mutex ,please some body explain me that how can i make this applcation ,so that multiple client can play the game. have used vc +++ 7.1 mfc on the client side and on the server side i have used linux ,and c,c++ code. waiting for your kind reply!!! your lolarak Ther...

How does one get a preview pane in outbox view in Outllook 2007?
Hello, How does one get a preview pane in outbox view in Outlook 2007? -- Thanks, Bob You don't. The closest you can come is turning on autopreview.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=3D54=20 "BBran" <bbran@nowhere.com> wrote in message = news:OQ4zcEwzHHA.5408@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hello, >=20 > How does one get a preview pane in outbox view in Outlook 2007? > --=20 > Thanks, > Bob=20 >=20 > you...

OWA2007 direct file server access lack of fine grained control?
Hi all, One of the new features of 2007 that we were really keen to implement was the ability for users to access their home directories via the web. However, it turns out that there is very little control in terms of restricting acccess to only specific file shares on a server? Let me explain properly... We have all our file shares(staff home dirs, student home dirs, corporate data, class materials) on a single file server. We only want to allow access to the staff home dirs via the web, but everything I've tried so far, including denying access to the mail server at both NTFS and...

Exchange server not showing quarantined attachments but users are
We recently upgraded to 2003 outlook. By default our Exchange server quarantined attachments. We have corrected the problem and proper attachments are no longer being quarantined (None are currently being held). However ALL attachments for ALL users before the upgrade are still quarantined. Any Thoughts? What do you mean by quarantined? Do you mean the attachments were blocked or are you referring to an AV client. Nue "Jacob" <Jacob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3BBCBF22-E721-4189-A25E-9D40D33F5A7D@microsoft.com... > We recently upgraded to 2003 o...

Exchange server not responding
I can't get into my new outlook 2003. It is saying the exchange server is unavailable. I don't know what to write for the exchange server? Help Ask your Exchange Admin - we would not know the server name. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Olivia asked: | I can't get into my new outlook 2003. It is saying the | exchange server is unavailab...

Server status Unreachable
Hello, I got a problem in my Exchange2003 lab: all servers show as unreachable in the ESM\Tools\Monitoring and Status\Status. The ESM is only installed on a separate server and NOT on the Exchange server themselves. I have the same problem on all my servers (inside three RGs). When I right click on one of those servers and select properties I got the following error: Class not registered ID no: 80040154 Exchange System Manager I've made some lookups in the KB and found articles about services or components not being correctlt registered but nothing really about Exchange 2003. All por...

Exchange Server 5.5 #4
I have Exchange Server 5.5 SP4. I have configured the mail connector not to allow relaying by selecting the Routing tab, then selecting "Reroute incoming SMTP mail" Then under Routing restrictions, I selected "Hosts and clients that can succsesfully authenticate" When I telnet to my Exchange server from an outside source, I am still able to relay mail. any ideas? Thanks Matt "Matt Fitz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have Exchange Server 5.5 SP4. I have configured the >mail connector not to allow relaying by selecting the...

How do I install an existing word 2003 template in 2007
I need to install existing templates from word 2003. I can add them under templates recently used, and I can select them under change styles, but their particular formatting doesn't appear on the ribbon. I run XP but no Save In Trusted Templates choice appears under Save As - as per help directions. Tearing hair out. Word 2007 is not fussy where the document templates are stored (apart from the normal template). If the templates contain macros then the folder must be a trusted folder. Either make the folder containing the templates a trusted folder or move them to an alr...

wont let me edit
I have a file that was copied to a disk and then i put it on my computer. This file is not protected but i can not do things like conditional formating or delete any of the sheets. What is my problem and how can i fix it? thanks traci Are you getting an error message of any sort? On 17 Aug 2003 08:55:22 -0700, tracirob6@aol.com (traci) wrote: >I have a file that was copied to a disk and then i put it on my computer. >This file is not protected but i can not do things like conditional formating >or delete any of the sheets. > >What is my problem and how can i fix it? ...

Outlook 2007 SP2 on Windows 7
Hi All, I have upgraded my laptop to Windows 7. After I installed office 2007 sp2, in outlook 2007 when I create new email or reply email, the mouse buttons seems not work any more. I don't have highlight and right click. It was working before I installed sp2. I try reinstall everything without any luck. Is this a outlook bug? I don't think it's a bug - did you try Help, Office Diagnostics? Have you rebooted since installing SP2? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ ...

Hyperlinks in Outlook 2007 with Windows 7
I did a fresh install of Windows 7 and Office 2007 and right off the bat the end user cannot open up hyperlinks from within outlook. IE8 is the default broswer. No other browsers have been installed. I all reset IE8 from the advanced tab and also unintalled and reinstalled IE8 as well. Troy See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Troy" <Troy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D34D8C9-CCB1-4F...

Third party utilites to synch two computers (Outlook 2007)
Hi, Because synchronizing two computers with Outlook 2007 seems a daunting task that involves copying PST, some files in the program directory and some other in the registry, could someone recommend any third party utility to do the job ? Thanks Bangali Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Bangali asked: | Hi, |=20 | Because synchronizin...

Exchange Explorer 'Server not avalible' error
Hello, I have just installed sdk dev tools for exchange so that I can add a script to a mailbox to export .zip files on my exchange 2003 server. I have the script but when I run the Exchange Exploer and try to connect using my administrator account and pass and the http://server1/exchange/mailbox http://server1/exchange/mailbox/folder http://server1/public I get the below error after I say yes to the message 'This page is accessing information that is not under it's control. This poses a security risk. Do you want to continue.' 'Server not available or a unrecoverable ...

ADC removed before Exchange 5.5 server
Our last Exchange 5.5 server was removed with no AD connector in place to replicate it's removal to AD. I've of course had no luck trying to create a ADC now... Is there someway to recover from this mistake? I'm ultimately trying to get our exchange site to "Native Mode". Thanks! Stan - It's the SRS that is responsible for bringing this 5.5-server deletion from the 5.5 world over into the AD. If your SRS is still in place, but the ADC has been removed, there's a great chance the Config_CA is still in place but no longer running. Have a look through...

Synchronizing Outlook Calendar with Microsoft Project
Hi, is there somehow a way to synchronize the Outlook Calendar with MS Project? I mean I'd like to see my teams Project tasks in my Outlook Calendar. Regards, Arian -- Arian Brighton you'll need a 3rd party utility. http://www.slipstick.com/addins/project_management.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slip...

running Outlook 2003 on the Exchange 2003 server
Does anyone know if this will screw anything up? Nope. This works fine at our location ...

BP PA TimeEntry
VPC Example of this: Chris Ashton is assigned to several projects. All the projects show up in the Portal List when he creates a new project time entry in Business Portal. When you click on some of the projects the ADD button is greyed out and will not allow the project to be added to his choices. No explanation is provided as to why the project cannot be added to his list for time entry. The REASON is that those projects do not have a timesheet-style cost category in the budget. Pretty simple actually - but confusing to the employee user. (And it can make the list of projects longer ...

Money 2006
Hi, Ive got all my accounts and transactions set up in Money 2006. I had to inut a lot of these manually and so now Id like to go back and tidy up the categories so that theyre all consistent for my reports. I can find a single pace where I can edit these. I want to move some to be a subcategory of another. Tools->Settings->Categories just brings up adialog where I can remove unused categories, or add all from the default list again. Am I missing something? Seems like a reasonable thing to want to do Thanks Carpii Hm well thats just typical. I spend over an hour looking and as soon ...

Unable to Open Attachment Task Pane in Outlook 2007
I am totally unable to open the very useful Attachment Options Task Pane in Outlook 2007. I press the little icon in the corner of the 'Include' section in the ribbon, but nothing happens. The other Windows and Panes selectable from the other ribbon options all open OK (Clipboard, text, Options etc), but not the Attachment Options. Any ideas please? -- Neil You'll first need to attach a file before you are able to click on the small icon. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downl...

How can i use controls like Edit or ComboBox in CDIALOGBAR ?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0045_01C664C7.106C4B80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi folks,=20 i used the KB-Article-ID 185672 from Microsoft to create CDialogBar.=20 I do following steps,=20 1. Created Dialog from CDialog,=20 2. created class from CDialog , and converted to CDialogBar,=20 My OnInitDialog-Method looks like... " LONG CTestDlg::OnInitDialog( UINT wParam, LONG lParam) { BOOL bRet =3D HandleInitDialog(wParam, lParam); if (!UpdateData(FALSE)) { TRACE0("...

Outlook in CRM Server
What are all the impacts on installing Outlook in CRM Server? Thanks. Jipson Jipson Are you referring to installing the Sales for Outlook client on the CRM Server, or do you just mean installing Outlook? You can run Microsoft Office and Outlook on the CRM Server without any problem. But if you are referring to SFO client, the answer is it is unsupported, the implementation Guide states: Important Do not install Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook on the Microsoft CRM server. It is not compatible with the Microsoft CRM server installation. It also states: Do not install Microsoft CRM Sa...

Exchange 2003 Standard Edition
Dear all, I'm very new in Exchange. My Exchange 2003 Standard Edition was installed in a Win2003 with one hard disk. Now, the disk is about 90% full and therefore we plan to add new disk to the system to allow handle for increasing mails. The problem is Standard Edition seems cannot allow me to add storage Group / Mailboxes. I got "This Storage Group Already Contains the Maximum Number of Stores Allowed" with error code c1034a7a. Can anyone point out what I can do? Do I ned to unmount store and create a new store on new disk and migrate mailboxs to new disk? How t...

Add-ins in Excel 2007
I have a series of add-ins that apparently load on Excel 2007 but do not appear in the Ribbon. Example: all my COM add-ins. (eg asap utilities etc.) What's up? All custom menu items created by add-ins are listed in the Add-Ins tab. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com (email address is on the web site) "Cary" <carygee@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u5SK9k8SHHA.4844@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have a series of add-ins that apparently load on Excel 2007 but do not >appear in the Ribbon. Example: a...

Microsoft Outlook 2007
Outlook won't open, gives message to run repair tool. Repair tool won't run, says pst file is in use. Dug into where it might be in use - says it's open in System. Doesn't help me... how to I close it so I can run the repair tool and change the auto-delete function on deleted emails? Are you using any addins or utilities that use outlook data? Syncing with a phone? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscrib...