Project Center Access Not Working

Our Admins and PMs are getting the following message when they access
the Project Center.

"Project Center cannot access the project(s) you are trying to view.
It is most likely that you either don't have permissions to view the
project, another user has deleted this project(s) before you were able
to view it or that another user is in the process of publishing the
project"

It works sometimes, but most of the time we get this message, we can
get it to work if we keep refreshing or changing views that has less
data to show.

Does anyone has any idea on how to fix this issue?

We are on MSP Server 2007 SP2 - Aug09 CU.

Thanks,
0
BruceFFIC

Bruce:

Do you have a database maintenance plan in place? Are you updating the
statistics on the database regularly? This can be caused by poor database
maintenance, or it could be caused by troublesome data in the system, such
as a particular project. When the behavior is erratic like you describe, the
first suspect is the database.

--
Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP
msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com

"BruceFFIC" <breynold@ffic.com> wrote in message
> Our Admins and PMs are getting the following message when they access
> the Project Center.
>
> "Project Center cannot access the project(s) you are trying to view.
> It is most likely that you either don't have permissions to view the
> project, another user has deleted this project(s) before you were able
> to view it or that another user is in the process of publishing the
> project"
>
> It works sometimes, but most of the time we get this message, we can
> get it to work if we keep refreshing or changing views that has less
> data to show.
>
> Does anyone has any idea on how to fix this issue?
>
> We are on MSP Server 2007 SP2 - Aug09 CU.
>
> Thanks,

0
Gary
2/24/2010 10:40:14 AM
BruceFFIC - if this is an intermittent problem, to Gary’s point, more than
likely the message was generated from an application defined sql timeout.
What can cause a sql timeout? It can be any number of things as Gary points
out.  Make sure your environment is sound.  But it can also be the sql query
itself and the lack of covering indexes on the published database.  The
database sql behind the Project Center or Project Detail custom views
(especially views with custom enterprise fields) – and it doesn’t take much
to get into this situation.  If it is a sql timeout, you will find errors in
the WFE application eventlog and ULSlogs each time you reproduce the problem.
 Search the ULS logs for strings “SqlError: Timeout expired.  The timeout
period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not
responding.” & “Exception occurred in method
PWA.ProjectGetProjectCenterProjectsForGrid”.
Try switching to the out of the box Project Center “Summary” view.  The out
of the box Summary view is an efficient view.  If your environment is sound,
this view should work all the time.
What to do?
The timeout vale is stored in the published database MSP_WEB_ADMIN table
WADMIN_CORE_SQL_TIMEOUT column – the default value is 30.  You can increase
this value, but this may not be practical – in extreme cases, the view may
take several minutes to load.
Run a SQL Profile trace to track down the long running query and design and
build a custom database index to speed the query.  You will need a good DBA.
I’ve done several.
Stop the crazy the customization – simple views etc.  Reduce the complexity.
 But as I said, it does take much to fall into this hole.

"BruceFFIC" wrote:

> Our Admins and PMs are getting the following message when they access
> the Project Center.
>
> "Project Center cannot access the project(s) you are trying to view.
> It is most likely that you either don't have permissions to view the
> project, another user has deleted this project(s) before you were able
> to view it or that another user is in the process of publishing the
> project"
>
> It works sometimes, but most of the time we get this message, we can
> get it to work if we keep refreshing or changing views that has less
> data to show.
>
> Does anyone has any idea on how to fix this issue?
>
> We are on MSP Server 2007 SP2 - Aug09 CU.
>
> Thanks,
> .

On Feb 25, 5:00=A0pm, Gerard Wojcik
<GerardWoj...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> BruceFFIC - if this is an intermittent problem, to Gary=92s point, more t=
han
> likely the message was generated from an application defined sql timeout.=
 =A0
> What can cause a sql timeout? It can be any number of things as Gary poin=
ts
> out. =A0Make sure your environment is sound. =A0But it can also be the sq=
l query
> itself and the lack of covering indexes on the published database. =A0The
> database sql behind the Project Center or Project Detail custom views
> (especially views with custom enterprise fields) =96 and it doesn=92t tak=
e much
> to get into this situation. =A0If it is a sql timeout, you will find erro=
rs in
> the WFE application eventlog and ULSlogs each time you reproduce the prob=
lem.
> =A0Search the ULS logs for strings =93SqlError: Timeout expired. =A0The t=
imeout
> period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not
> responding.=94 & =93Exception occurred in method
> PWA.ProjectGetProjectCenterProjectsForGrid=94. =A0
> Try switching to the out of the box Project Center =93Summary=94 view. =
=A0The out
> of the box Summary view is an efficient view. =A0If your environment is s=
ound,
> this view should work all the time.
> What to do?
> The timeout vale is stored in the published database MSP_WEB_ADMIN table =
=A0
> WADMIN_CORE_SQL_TIMEOUT column =96 the default value is 30. =A0You can in=
crease
> this value, but this may not be practical =96 in extreme cases, the view =
may
> take several minutes to load.
> Run a SQL Profile trace to track down the long running query and design a=
nd
> build a custom database index to speed the query. =A0You will need a good=
 DBA. =A0
> I=92ve done several.
> Stop the crazy the customization =96 simple views etc. =A0Reduce the comp=
lexity.
> =A0But as I said, it does take much to fall into this hole.
>

> "BruceFFIC" wrote:
> > Our Admins and PMs are getting the following message when they access
> > the Project Center.
>
> > "Project Center cannot access the project(s) you are trying to view.
> > It is most likely that you either don't have permissions to view the
> > project, another user has deleted this project(s) before you were able
> > to view it or that another user is in the process of publishing the
> > project"
>
> > It works sometimes, but most of the time we get this message, we can
> > get it to work if we keep refreshing or changing views that has less
> > data to show.
>
> > Does anyone has any idea on how to fix this issue?
>
> > We are on MSP Server 2007 SP2 - Aug09 CU.
>
> > Thanks,

Gary and Gerad,

Thanks for the response.  Project Server 2007 is hosted for us at
Project Hosts.  I am not a SQL expert, I rely on Project Hosts.  They
are in contact with MS and MS has made some suggestions on some tuning
and fixes to their SQL Server.  I will pass your responses on to
them.  We are also using PCubed's Delivery Hub application and rely on
PCubed for their great support.  Again thanks.
0
BruceFFIC
2/26/2010 4:40:49 PM
BruceFFIC - I will pass this information along to my contacts at Pcubed.

"BruceFFIC" wrote:

> [...]
> > > to view it or that another user is in the process of publishing the
> > > project"
> >
> > > It works sometimes, but most of the time we get this message, we can
> > > get it to work if we keep refreshing or changing views that has less
> > > data to show.
> >
> > > Does anyone has any idea on how to fix this issue?
> >
> > > We are on MSP Server 2007 SP2 - Aug09 CU.
> >
> > > Thanks,

> Gary and Gerad,
>
> Thanks for the response.  Project Server 2007 is hosted for us at
> Project Hosts.  I am not a SQL expert, I rely on Project Hosts.  They
> are in contact with MS and MS has made some suggestions on some tuning
> and fixes to their SQL Server.  I will pass your responses on to
> them.  We are also using PCubed's Delivery Hub application and rely on
> PCubed for their great support.  Again thanks.

"Edit" feature in Issues Database for Access 2003
Under Search Issues tab when a individual conducts a search and returns the choices, there is an "edit" feature that allows the individual to click on "edit", then they are able to "edit" the entry. What I am trying to do is change that "edit" to just "open" the entry and view it. The only place the "edit" field appears is in the Browse Issues Table under forms, and it's a subform. Could someone please help. Thank you in advance. "Rosebud" <Rosebud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB0B...

Earned Value Report in Project 2007
I'm using MS Project 2007, have input all my tasks, costs, set baseline so all my numbers are populating great. I'm using the visual report to generate the earned value over time report (the pivot table and chart). Unfortunately while I am really good at most things Excel, pivot tables is not one of them. Project is populating the table with Quarters 1, 2 and 3. I only need Quarter 1 for my report. Is there a way to hide or delete the other two quarters from the table? Thanks for the help! Teri Hi Teri, I am guessing that you have your "Time Weekly Calendar&q...

Visual Studio 7 project subfolders #3
I know this may not be the exact group to ask this in, but in VS6.0 I used to be able to create subfolders within a project to keep my classes divided up conveniently. I just got VS7, however, and i can't seem to find any way to create subfolders. I can create subfolders for an entire SOLUTION, but not within a project. Am I missing or forgetting something here? Thanks! Duy Lam ...

ACCESS version migrating from 2003 to 2007
Can some tell me what all measure should we care when migrating from MS Access 2003 to MS ACCESS 2007? Changes to existing tables, queries, forms, reports. Not sure if Version or migration have seperate group to post this? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com There is some excellent information about A2007 here http://www.allenbrowne.com//Access2007.html I like to create a new database in A2007 and import all the tables, forms etc into the new database. There may be some errors to fix when you first open after converting. Allen's website above tells yo...

Manual Rule doesn't work
Hello guys I'm having a problem with runing a sub process task Thank you more details will help us to help you "Nehad" <snaguib@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:A8039F83-2DC1-4F4C-B637-A30C8C2D78AA@microsoft.com... > Hello guys, > I'm having a problem with runing a sub process task > Thank you > > I have a case create rule which includes only on step to exec sub process which is a manual rule that have one step only to create an activity ...

TransferSpreadsheet Excel 2007 into Access 2003
How can I TransferSpreadsheet Excel 2007 into Access 2003? This does not work: DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet , acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, "tblSomeData", "C: \DataFolder\SomeData.xlsx", True, "Sheet1$" If I save as an xls it will work: DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet , acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, "tblSomeData", "C: \DataFolder\SomeData.xls", True, "Sheet1$" Do I need to do that? Is there another way? Since Access 2003 came out long before Excel 2007 was designed, it seems logical that it doesn't know anything about the Excel...

Message Tracking Center doesn't work in XP
Hi, Exchange System Manager (e2k3 and all tools of server 2003 and Exchange 2003) works fine on Windows XP professional, without tracking center. If I type in all parameters (sender or recipient and server) it starts searching, and will never end. This was the same before migrating to Exchange 2003 (i. e. servers and all tools from version 2000). I've tried to install all tools on a new XP machine - the tracking center doesn't work at all. If I use a windows 2000 professional workstation, the tracking center (2000) works fine and gives result in a few seconds. What may be the rea...

Access Mailbox Folders
I need to be able to view an ex-employee's exchange mailbox, and would like to open thier folders along with mine in outlook. I know to go to services and add the user in the "Open these additional Mailboxes" field. However, it says "Unable to display the folder. The information store could not be opened." I am sure this is a mailbox rights issue. When I go to the Exchange Advanced tab for the user, and click the mailbox rights button, several accounts are checked to DENY "full mailbox access." I am unable to uncheck it because it is inheriti...

Access 2007 and Outlook 2007 integration
When using Access 2003 I was able to view Outlook 2003 inside a form by adding the Outlook View Control. But when trying to do the same through Access 2007, when adding the control in Design mode I could see the Outlook view, but when moving to Form view, the control is blanked and no longer show the Outlook. I found that this is a known limitation with Outlook+Access 2007. Does any one know other way to view outlook 2007 from a form in Access 2007? Gil ...

Need help on exporting an Excel Sheet into Access 2000
I budget for a Project in an Excel sheet as illustrated below. The months below are usually a 2 year period i.e. 24 months, though it could be over 24 months depending upon a Project. I then need to input this in an Access database, where I do a comparison with the Actual cost. The table &#8220;TblBudget&#8221; in Access is made of 4 fields, namely: (1) CostElement (2) CostCenter (3) Month (4) Amount$. At the moment this method is very cumbersome. I have to manually input the data one by one rather than a direct input. The reason being as my spreadsheet is in a tabulated format. ...

projecting sales for month
i know formula but can't get it to work; I have to take the sales for the day multiply it by the accounting day and then divide it by total number of days but it keeps giving me an error....new at this please help Shoe the formula, and sample data? -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Karen Smith" <Karen Smith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EBD743F8-D0A3-47FF-ACB1-8BAF79D9A5D7@microsoft.com... > i know formula but can't get it to work; > I have to take the sales for the day multiply it by...

Work Online
There are several queries about how to get online. Most went unresolved and none answered my problem, which was that my updated would no longer work and it kept saying that I was offline even though I keep signing in online!!! The solution was that even though I did not check the box "work offline" and got no error messages, it was not successful loging me into MS Passport because my security settings blocked cookies from this site (not sure how this happened). When I removed restrictions from this site, everything worked fine again. In microsoft.public.money, Brad wrote:...

Please help
Hi, As subject above, I cannot get the boot client CD to work at all with the Realtek 8168/8111 network interface, which is what it's named as in W2K3 server itself. When the CD boots I get an error saying to "check WINBOM", whatever that means. Can anyone point me at a driver for this NIC that works? Many thanks, Toby On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 08:36:05 +0000, Toby Groves <toby.groves@touchsystems.co.uk> wrote: >Hi, > >As subject above, I cannot get the boot client CD to work at all with >the Realtek 8168/8111 network interface, which is what it...

Simple but I can't get it to work? PLEASE help!!
I don't know why my code isn't working. I tried implementing some examples I found on here after doing a search, but I received an Object error. I have spent the past 2 hours trying to figure this out, so any help would be appreciated. I am quite a newbie I suppose...All I'm trying to do is as follows: 1)I need to find today's date in the range C3-BO3. 2)Once I found the cell with today's date, I need to set the cell below it as the variable HMLoc . It sounds simple but I tried using the Find method but got nowhere. Please help! You will make my day! Is this a workshe...

Exchange 2003 Message size limits not working
Hi, we have 2 Exchange 2003 SP1 Cluster for Mailboxes and 2 Bridgehead Server for SMTP transfer. I have to grow up the maximum message size limit for attachments to 20 MB / 20480 KB. I set the limits described in knowledge base article 322679. In detail : Global setting : send & recive : 50000 kB SMTP Connector setting : 20480 kB SMTP virtual server setting : SMTP bridgehead server : 20480 kB mailbox cluster server : 50000 kB User mailbox setting : unlimited I send a 17 MB pdf file from a user on the mailbox cluster and I get an error: <xxxxxxx #5.2.3 smtp;450 5.2.3 Msg Size ...

how to open and see 2 excel work sheets at a time
Open both workbooks normally and then go to the Window menu and choose the layout you prefer. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "cwm" <cwm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:019F028D-BB7D-4EFA-BB67-BA9E6FD400AA@microsoft.com... > I don't think you'll get many responses by not asking a question in the body of the post. that is presuming it is a question and not a statement. There having got that off my chest, and seeing it is almost Christmas, here's what to do; Open th...

Accessing Web-based E-mail Account
Hello... I just installed Outlook 2003 so I'm still finding my way around. I see you can access Web-based e-mail accounts, such as Hotmail. In fact, it works just fine with my hotmail account. However, when I try to set up my Yahoo mail account, I get the following error message from Outlook: Inbox synchronization headers reported error 0x80070057. Anyone have any ideas about what I can do to fix this? They would be much appreciated. John Look on Yahoo! for their mail support help articles. Last I checked, they only will allow paid accounts to sync with Outlook, not the free service...

Working with Trial version???
I downloaded the trial version yesterday to see if I like the program, but I am unable to do anything in it except print something. Even the "create new" is shaded out. If the trial version just to see what Publisher offers but not actually allows you to play with it? Thanks for any help!!! http://us1.trymicrosoftoffice.com/setupinfo.aspx?culture=en-US You must activate the Trial first. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "tlarue" <tlarue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:206E398E-19CB-46D6-B25E-525D261723E5@micros...

save access pivot table view as new table
Hi, 1. Is there a way to save Access's pivot table view as a new table. I'm using access 2003 2. Also is there a way to define the option provided in excel pivot tables "For empty cells, show" in Access Pivot table view OR in the cross-tab qery? For the first option you could use a maketable query. But remember a pivot is dynamic so the next time you could have more or less columns. So if you want to use the outcome you have to run the maketable query with every change made in the underlying data. For point 2 I'd advice you to look for the option to add a 0 for the...

Highlight a Cell When Working in Another Cell
If I am working in, say, cell B5, is there a way I can have cell G5 highlighted? When I am inputting numbers into column B, there are instructions in column G that I would like to have highlighted so that the instructions for that particular row are easier to read. I can't think of a good way to do this. I'd appreciate any ideas. Thanks! Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Cells.FormatConditions.Delete With Target If .Column = 2 Then .Offset(0, 5).FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE" Wi...

Change of dir of project = Error in MVC++ 6
Hi, guys; I know that what I'm gonna tell sounds almost imposible, but thats why I'm so surprised and don't know what to do: I'm making some changes in a program with VC 6. Every day, when I finish my work, I make a copy of the dir where the code is. Well, now, when I try to run the workspace, and de MVC is loaded it gives an error. I went back to my old copies, and got one with no error. What really surprises me is that, if I change the name of the folder where the code is, MVC gives an error. And if I leave the same name of the dir, it doesn't. That makes no sense fo...

Want to send message from Outlook/Exchange where reply does not work
I have been asked by my boss to find a way in which he can send a message to an Exchange distribution group in such a way that the recipient cannot reply to it (as he calls it "a one-way message"). Does anyone have any suggestions? ...

Working offline (not)
I don't know what's different today, but every time I start WLM it "thinks" I'm offline. It offers me the choice of "work offline" or "try again". How do I get rid of this? What type of Internet connection do you have? If 'always on' broadband, go to Tools, Accounts, select your mail account, Properties, Connection. What does it show for connection? You must either leave that unselected (in which case WLM will use=20 whatever connection IE uses), or else select the Local Area Network. Also, under Tools, Options, Connection, th...

Project Properties gone blank (Property Pages)
I've just encountered a really weird problem with VS2003. When I pull up the project properties dialog for a project (the dialog that lets you set compiler & linker options) that big white rectangle in the central right which normally lists all the current settings has vanished, leaving a big grey area. There is one exception to this, and that is when I click on the Command Line option under C/C++ or Linker, in which case it displays correctly. I've tried shutting-down the environment and starting fresh, without change, and it does this with any project I load. This is particul...

Can not access CRM web client from User computers
Installed MSCRM 3 SBE on Windows SBS 2003 Premium Edition with sp1. Installation was trouble free and up and running on port 5555. I can access CRM web client through IE from within the CRM Server with the URL http://localhost:5555. However I can not access CRM web client from client computers. It says "Page can not be displayed". We have company web page on the default website using port 80 that can be accessed from the client computers. We have moved CRM application to this new box and used Redeployment Tool on the restored database. Everything went on smooth during redeployment a...