Project and Resource Center don't display lists on a workstation

Hi,

I have one workstation that gets this message and no lists when anyone logs
into it and tries to access Project Center or Resource Center:

Project Center cannot access the project(s) you are trying to view. It is
most likely that you either don't have permissions to view the project,
another user has deleted this project(s) before you were able to view it or
that another user is in the process of publishing the project.

The person that uses the workstation can log into mine and see both the
Resource and Project Centers so it doesn't appear to be a permission problem.

I have seen this KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947899 but it seems more
like it is describing and issue that everyone on every workstation would
experience.

Any other blogs describe permissions and server settings as a fix, but it
appears to be the workstation.  Just curious if anyone else has run into this
and if you have any direction to provide.

Lee Ann,

Have you tried logging onto the workstation and seeing if it occurs
for you?

I ran into a similar problem at a clients site, in the end we ended up
getting that particular workstation reimaged / rebuilt as there was
some environmental issue afoot. After the rebuild, all was fine.

Alex.

On Feb 18, 10:00=A0am, Lee Ann <Lee A...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have one workstation that gets this message and no lists when anyone lo=
gs
> into it and tries to access Project Center or Resource Center:
>
> Project Center cannot access the project(s) you are trying to view. It is
> most likely that you either don't have permissions to view the project,
> another user has deleted this project(s) before you were able to view it =
or
> that another user is in the process of publishing the project.
>
> The person that uses the workstation can log into mine and see both the
> Resource and Project Centers so it doesn't appear to be a permission prob=
lem.

> I have seen this KBhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/947899but it seems mor=
> like it is describing and issue that everyone on every workstation would
> experience.
>
> Any other blogs describe permissions and server settings as a fix, but it
> appears to be the workstation. =A0Just curious if anyone else has run int=
o this
> and if you have any direction to provide.

0
alexb

Comparing integer lists
I have to compare two columns of integers in excel, and count how man of the integers in column 1 also appear in column two. The columns are sorted in decending order, and no number will appea twice in the same column. I can achieve this using a long macro but am trying not to do this. I have =COUNTIF(J12:J111,D12) working so that if the value in D1 appears within J12-J111 then a count takes place, but I have no ide how to make this now go onto comparing D13,D14,D15 etc... Thanks for any help! E -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Ed =COUNTIF($J$12:$J$111,D12) and drag...

bank transfer error numbers display from workbook to csv
Dear all, I have a an excel file 99-2003 workbook that includes bank code and salary details, it is required from me to save it as csv but when i do so all the account numbers are corrupted example 201018537554 but when i open in csv it shows 2.21037E+11 Please help the bank is rejecting my applicatio due to the unredable numbers and plus how can i get a number that contains 0000031456789 and keep the zeros once it is in a number format it will only work when i use the special format num portugese "numero de seguranca social" Please help You should convert your numbe...

How do I stop users from accessing the global address list??
I want to run a hosted Exchange 2003 server and I don't want users that I've added to the Active Directory to be able to get at the global address list and see everyone elses information (like name, address, phone numbers etc). I just want Administrators to be able to access it. How do I do that? Modify the permission of the Global Address List by right-clicking it in ESM, selecting Properties, then go to the Security tab. "Sterling" <Sterling_Jacobson@RemoveMeHotmail.com> wrote in message news:uVRRoYvfEHA.3964@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I want to run a hosted Ex...

distribution list #18
Hello, I am using excel and trying to learn how to route an excel spreadsheet using a distribution list. It seems when I add a distribution list to the routing slip in excel the workbook is sent to everyone in the distribution list even when I select the route one after another radio button. Is this normal behavior or am I doing something wrong, thanks bill Yes, that's normal behavior. Think about it: How would Outlook know what order to use the names on the DL for sequential routing? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Admini...

Exchange 200 Distribution List
Hello, I'm member of a mailing list called "System Engineers". If I send a message from Outlook to this list, i receive the mail too. Is ther an option to not receive a message when the sender is a member of a list ? Regards Hi, as far as i know not. cheers, Andy "Patrice" <Patrice@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:A1480FDF-FA9E-451F-8A63-CDB7BC372769@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I'm member of a mailing list called "System Engineers". > If I send a message from Outlook to this list, i receive the mail too....

How can I display and print all the data in a wrapped merged cell.
If you add some line breaks (Alt+Enter) in the cell, you may be able to see more of the text. Since the cell is merged, you'll have to adjust the height manually, or with a macro "lflinders" wrote: > ...

Accessing marketing lists in Outlook
I know I am unable to do mail merge in the Web CRM. Is there a way to access the marketing list from CRM into the Outlook for CRM, to use the mail merge feature without having to look through all contacts. If I am able to pull them into Outlook, I can create folders designating the various lists to send my mail merge to. Also - looking at my contacts in Web CRM there are many duplicates, triplicates as they come from different lists, will this make a difference to the tracking? -- Thanks, kch ...

Outlook, categories and distribution lists
Hi... Is there any software, or Outlook trick, that can make a distribution list based on a certain category? I've downloaded a trial version of Contacts2Distribute, but all it did was to make empty distribution lists... sigh I'm using Win Vista Home Premium and Outlook 2007 Norwegian edition. -- Zadig Galbaras (nick) www.tresfjording.com The question is, if you've already gone to the trouble of creating Categories, why do you need or want to use DL's? Categories are a far more reliable and robust way to group recipients than are DL's. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-O...

RE: last post about listing e-mail address rather than name.......
That is in Outlook Express 6.0. BTW, is there a separate newsgroup for Outlook Express...I couldn't find one?!!!!! ...

how to find an item in a list ctrl?
hi all, i have created a listctl, it has several columns also i created a dialog box like the find and replace dialog. if i enter an item in the find and replace dialog box it should search the whole of the list ctrl and also by clumn wise if it found it should be highligted. how to find an item in all of list control and in specific columns. thanks and regards mani >i have created a listctl, it has several columns also >.. >how to find an item in all of list control and in specific columns. As far as I know there's no built-in way (other than for the first column),...

Folder List Sorting
For some reason my folder listing view now shows my Personal folders and public folders appearing ABOVE my "Outlook Today Folder" listing. It used to be BELOW, and was much more convenient to expand for storing email. Does anyone know how to resort the folders? I want to have my "Outlook Today Folder" and sub folders (Inbox, Contact List, Deleted Items, etc.) ...

OWA Not displaying correctly #2
I have just added another exchange serer to the organisation. When I access the OWA via our front end server it displays incorrectly. If i access the OWA on any other server 2003/2000 via the front end it look fine. The front end is Exchange 2003 SP1 and the new server is Exchange 2003 SP2 - could this be the issue. It displays mailboxes on all 2003 SP1 and Exchange 2000 SP3 fine. If I access the OWA directly on the server or from any client it looks fine. The problem seems specific to server when access via a front end. Any ideas? On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 07:11:02 -0700, RobWUK <R...

Global Address List #14
How to change the 'appearrance', column to display, of the GAL??? ...

Tax Line Manager shows incorrect salary and tax projections
Hi - The Tax Line Manager shows the correct Year to Date Salary amount but for some reason, the Projected Total for 2004 is way off. When I drill down to the projection details, it includes my projected quarterly bonus but not the regular salary (taxable income) amounts for the rest of the year. Same issue with the W-2 tax categories - the projection includes the taxes for the quarterly bonus but not the regular salary. I am using Money 2003, would appreciate any help.... thanks ...

Distribution Lists don't show in "Member Of" tab in Users & Comput
DL membership is only showing on some computers. It does not matter what DC is attached. It is not permissions related--the same user can see the membership on one computer and not on another. All DL groups were imported through Active Directory Connector as part of the migration from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. DL membership is not hidden on any of these groups. For example, on my computer I see the DL groups listed in the "Member Of" tab. On the Exchange 2003 server itself, logged in as me, it doesn't show any DL groups in the "Member Of" tab for a user....

Can't find the News Button in the Go command list.
I'm using office outlook 2003 on XP pro 2002 sp2 I want to add the News button to the Go command drop down list. I followed the online instructions: 1. tool bar options 2. Add/remove buttons 3. customize 4. commands 5. Go There should be a News command button but I don't see one? I' m pretty sure I remember seeing a news command in this list a number of weeks ago but it seems to have disappeared. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you...

Drop down list font
When I create a drop down list in a cell using data validation, the fon in the list is very small. Once I make a choice from the list, the fon is formatted correctly in the selected cell but the list itself i barely readable. Is there any way to increase the font size in th list? Thank -- Sibermut ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Sibermute's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1609 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27543 The font size cannot be changed. See Debra Dalgleish...

HTML Code Fragment Command - Publisher 2003
I'm designing an email newsletter and need to include links to bookmarks on the document. The way to do it, apparently, is to use the HTML Code Fragment command on the Insert menu. However, that command does not display on the Insert menu, or on the Object toolbar. I went to the Customize command under the Tools menu and found the HTML Code Fragment there. However, when I tried to drag and drop it onto a toolbar, nothing happened. I first ran into this problem at work earlier today. Now, I'm having the same problem at home. I tried saving the file as a web page, but that d...

Dropdown List #2
Why Does My Dropdown List Always open at the end of the List instead Typically that problem is related to the source list having blanks (usually at the end). If you've left extra space under the list for future entries, but only want to use the "valid" items, consider using a Dynamic Range Name. DNR's automatically expand and contract to accommodate the list members. See Debra Dalgleish''s instructions for using them: http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic Does that help? Post back if you have more questions. -------------------------- Regards, Ro...

VS 2005 resource problems
Very interesting discovery. To corrupt resource file (assumes APS absent): 1. Open project. 2. Open resource from project. a. MS sees that an APS file is missing b. MS incorrectly constructs the APS file c. MS removes all languages except AFX_TARG_ENU 3. Edit and Save the resorce using the MS editor 4. All Languages removed. To preserve resource file (assumes APS absent): 1. Open resource from Windows explorer. a. MS sees that an APS file is missing b. MS correctly constructs the APS file c. MS preserves all languages. 3. ...

Right Click Context Menu
An end-user was experiencing problems with forms, add-ins and wouldn't receive a context menu when they right-clicked on Inbox items. The user also received error messages sometimes opening Outlook and when clicking the "Clear Cache" button under "Manage Forms" - ("The Forms Manager dialog box could not be displayed.") This is a basic Outlook setup with no additional forms or add-ins. Based on something I read online, I did the following and it worked. - Close Outlook - Try renaming all or any that you have FROM outcmd.dat, extend.dat, frmcache.dat and views...

"This version of project does not contain...."
All, More than once now i have opened a schedule (the same schedule) from the server/cache to receive the popup "This version of project does not contain the view "Darrell's Gantt" and after clicking "OK" the schedule opens but no longer contains any of my custom views. The last time this happened I ask the server admin when and who opened my project last and he replied I was the only one who had accessed my schedule all week. So I am not sure how my schedule could be reverting to a different version and discarding all custom views. Has anyone els...

how do i create a list from a cell?
Instead of typing 20 product models in a cel like this a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h,... i see someone create a list from a cell, so once you select that cell, the formular bar will show a list of products like this: a b c d e .... Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "AT" <AT@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:A7B8AC87-0D1F-4797-8EE4-08CD6F73DBAB@microsoft.com... > Instead of typing 20 product models in a cel like this a, b, c, d, e, f, &g...

Money 2004 SB displays wrong balances
Money 2004 SB shows my total accounts balance as 459 Trillion dollars (yes...trillion). When I look at the register for my checking, savings and accounts receivable they reflect accurate amounts. I don't know where the number is coming from. Any help would be appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, Frank Olivio wrote: >Money 2004 SB shows my total accounts balance as 459 >Trillion dollars (yes...trillion). When I look at the >register for my checking, savings and accounts receivable >they reflect accurate amounts. I don't know where the >number is coming from...

Email and Alias List
Hello all:) I have Exchange 2k3 standard edition in an all 2k3 server enviroment running AD. I need to create a complete list of all active email addressess and alias addressess in use. I heard there may be a way to do this out of AD or perhaps a third party program. Has anyone done thois before? Any help is greatly appreciated, I really dont want to create the list one user at a time. -rob- CSVDE or LDIFDE are MS two tools that should allow you to do this reasonably simply. Do a search on those names. Nue "redrobit" <redrobit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...