Project 2007 - Resource creation

I am having an issue that anytime someone adds a new resource to one of their
projects that resource ends up in the resource center.  Where is the setting
to prevent this from happening?

Jason --

If a user is a member of the Resource Managers group or the Administrators
group, and the user imports a project using the Import Project Wizard, a
default setting in the Wizard will cause Project Server to import local
resources into the Enterprise Resource Pool.  Does this describe the users
in question, and the situation that is causing this problem?  If so, here is
how to eliminate it:

1.  Click Tools - Enterprise Options - Import Project to Enterprise.
2.  Select an MPP project and click the Open button.
3.  In the Step 1 page of the Import Project Wizard, click the "Map
Resources" link.
4.  In the Map Resources dialog, map each local resource to a matching
enterprise resource in the Enterprise Resource Pool.

In step #4 above, if you need to leave any resources as local resources,
then do not map them.

5.  In the Map Resources dialog, click the OK button.
6.  Click the "Continue to Step 2" link at the bottom of the Wizard
sidepane.

The Confirm REsources page in the Wizard is the source of your problem!

7.  For each local resource listed on the Confirm Resources page, click the
pick list in the Import column and choose the NO value.

Notice how the default value in the Import column is Yes.  It should be No,
and I reported this to Microsoft as a bug.  They report back that this is
NOT a bug, and is working as designed!  :(

8.  Continue with each step of the Import Project Wizard until you have
imported the project.

The key here is that you need to make this a training and performance issue
with your users.  Teach them that they MUST set the Import value to No for
each resource they want to leave as a local resource.  An alternate solution
is to make these users ONLY members of the Project Managers group, because
members of that Group do not have permission to create or import enterprise
resources.  Hope this helps.

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]
VP of Educational Services

"Jason Keller" <JasonKeller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having an issue that anytime someone adds a new resource to one of
>their
> projects that resource ends up in the resource center.  Where is the
> setting
> to prevent this from happening?

0
Dale

running a Macro in 2007 which was created in 2003
Hi there, I hope you can help, I am not VB literate unfortunately but I am trying to run a macro with the following line of code which creates an error: LastRow = Master_Wksht.Range("N" & Rows.Count).End(xlup).Row Is there a change between versions which means this line won't work any more? Simon, That line is fine in E2007 provided you have 'SET' Master_Wksht but if you hadn't done that it wouldn't have run in earlier versions of Excel Set Master_Wksht = Sheets("Sheet1") What have you dimmed LastRow as it should be long. ...

Using mixed Resource Types
With the company we have implemented EPM and infrequently the large complex plans fail to 'publish' into PWA. One of the causes thought is that these plans have both cost and work type resources within the same task. Is it good practice to separate these resource types into different tasks? -- joooles Hello joooles, It seems it's a bad pratice. Please see the posts I noticed several month ago: G�rard Ducouret ------------------------------------ If we assign a Cost resource to a task (as the only one resource on that task) and then we enter some % Complete,...

Access 2007 ControlSource code in Report causing shut down
The following code worked successfully in Access 2002 & 2003 but for some reason, the lines that contain ControlSource are causing Access 2007 to shut down and error out. Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. In short, I’m using a combo box on a form “ReportCenter” to change the GroupLevel and textbox values on a report. If I comment out the lines with ControlSource the code runs successfully, if any one of them are uncommented, Access 2007 shuts down and restarts. 'Group 1 If Forms![ReportCenter]!T2GroupCheck1 = True And Forms![ReportCenter]!T2GroupDescendC...

assing macro to an an image, shape, text in Word 2007
I would like to run one of my macros when either an image, or a shape, or a text is clicked in Word 2007 document. Thanks, Use an ActiveX control, as they have a _Click event. Lev wrote: >I would like to run one of my macros when either an image, or a shape, or a >text is clicked in Word 2007 document. >Thanks, -- Gerry Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/word-programming/201004/1 Another method is to insert a MacroButton field and paste the image into the field code where the display text would be. See http://www.word...

I open 2007 file, it opens as .ppt (2003) read only
When I open up my 2007 files .pptx by double-clicking on it, it opens as a ..ppt (Read Only) (Compatibility Mode). I then have to do a "save as" 2007 file. However, when I open it by doing file-open - it opens as a 2007 file. Does anyone know why yhis happens and if there is a preference I can set to have them open as 2007 files when I double-click on it? Thanks in advance! -- Marc One solution would be right clicking the file and selecting properties and going to the " General" tab and changing the program it uses to open as a default(i am not aware...

How To Align Decimals In A PP 2007 Table
I have financial data with one decimal point where I want to align to the decimal point in a PowerPoint table. How do I select the full column and align to the decimals? Thanks! (B^>)-]=[ You can't. I've asked for this feature ever since about PowerPoint 2000, but it's still not there. Frustrating. You have to do this individually in each cell. Basically, choose the decimal tab option to the left of the ruler, then add a tab (Ctrl+Tab) before the text in each cell as necessary. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT ...

Compiling MFC project from command line...
Hi, How do I compile and link MFC activex project from command line in MSVC 6.0 Is there any tool which generates such info... Help ! sandSpiderX If you look in the project settings for your ActiveX project, you will see the command line that is used by the IDE for building the project. You should be able to use that command line directly. "sandSpider" <m74.piscean@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1120655631.691634.137580@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > How do I compile and link MFC activex project from command line in MSVC > 6.0 > > Is the...

Publisher files stop responding taking full resources of sysem.
While trying to open the copied version of the technical- manual, the system stops responding and shows up exhausting most of the system resources. the error that occurs occasionally is Error:-> System is not responding. The same does not happen with the original copy of the manual which works fine. Both of these contain some text and some graphics and the second one (copy) is having a few more graphics. It happens everytime when I create Publication of such kind and then save as another copy of it. The problem only occurs with the copied version. Please help as it just do...

MS Outlook 2007 mis-type exchange criteria
I have evidently mistyped some data for MS Outlook when setting up an exchange account during a new install. The application completed the first run of the install but when it restarted it can not get past the splash for Configuring Outlook. I do get a sign in dialog box but entering the user id and pw only errors pop up until the app closes down, There seems to be no way to get back into the account set up screens or anything else for that matter to try to correct the problem. I have uninstalled the suite and re-installed but evidently some of the original reg information is ret...

Microsoft Word Table design in Access 2007
Is there a method for inserting a table (not an access table, but a word table with columns/rows/header, etc...) in a description field in a form or below the description field? I'm creating a database for development business rules and sometimes a business rule needs a table to explain or identify the heirarchy/relationship of items for the rule. I don't want this to link to anything else but the Business Rule ID that I am currently in. Thanks in advance! You could use a memo field but the data will not be separated by grid lines. You would need to add spacing and ...

Exchange 2007/spam/windows mobile
I have just installed Exchange Server 2007 and have moved a couple of mailboxes over to it for testing. I am using the Anti-spam built into EX2007. When a mailbox receives spam, it goes to the Junk Mail folder in Outlook, but it is hitting the Inbox first. I have a Windows Mobile device setup to sync to the Inbox (I checked to make sure that the Junk Email folder is not selected and it is not). I have 2 different problems, but I believe they both are related. The first... when the spam message hit my mailbox, they are first hitting my inbox real quick and then being moved the Junk ...

Exchange 2007
Hallo. we have enabled recipient filtering for our organization as we are requested to reject with a SMTP connection error messages addressed to non existent recipients as follows: EMC - Organization Configuration - Hub Transport - Anti-spam - Recipient Filtering enabled Block messages sent to recipients not listed in the GAL Still, if I telnet on port 25 I get a 250 2.1.5 Recipient OK message to a RCPT TO:non_existent_user@mydomain.com We have 2 Exchange 2007 SP1 servers: both are HubTransport+ClientAccess+Mailbox+UnifiedMessaging Exch1 is Windows Server 2003 Ent R2 SP2 ...

Excel2003 vs 2007 ... :(
Excel2003 vs 2007 ... I have many Templates, charts etc created in Excel2003 & many have Recorded Macro's attached to Forms Buttons ... These Temps work perfect in Excel2003 ... I think they may also work in Excel2007??? However .... Issue is ... some folks have Excel2003 (WindowsXP) while others who update these Files have Windows7 (Excel2007) ... We often end up with File corruption or Excel has encountered an error & must close ... etc etc ... when attempting to work these Files between the 2 Office Systems & 2 Excels .... very disenchanting. We have use...

2003 charts don't format to page size in 2007. any suggestions
I have numerous charts created in Excel 2003 that are formatted to print very legibly on 8-1/2 x 11. Excel 2007 does not seem to make any proportional adjustments base on paper size, resulting in a long flat chart that is not legible because the print is too small. Any suggestions on how to modify the ratios. Clicking on print options "print on 1 page high by 1 page wide" has no effect. the height and width ratios do not change at all as they did in 2003. ...

Activating Trial Visio 2007
Unabale to activate a successfully downloaded trial version of Visio 2007. Keep getting the message now for 3 days running; "A communication error has occured. Your request cannot be processed at this time. Please try again in a few minutes". There is nothing wrong with my internet connection. I cannot get to talk to any Microsoft Technician as the phone no given does not connect. I do not even have the option of activating by phone being a trial version. Can anyone help? -- Ekeneoma ------=_NextPart_0001_2DA4BC8A Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I...

2007: How to show ribbon in XLS sheets opened with Internet Explor
Our company has the Browse in Same Window flag on for the XLS and DOC file types. This is needed for these documents to work inside of our own application. When opening a Word Doc it shows the ribbon within IE and you can make all your changes and stuff. But when you open and Excel Sheet within IE, it only shows the spreadsheet and the formula bar. There is no ribbon. If you look closely I was able to see the ribbon show for a split second but then dissapear. Also, if you try and do Alt+F to get the ribbon, IE takes it over, so that alternative is out. Is there a way to enable the ribbo...

Use jpg as border
Hi - I have a specific jpg that I wish to use as a border on a Word 2007 document. This jpg will be 3/4 point, and will border the entire document with multiple copies of the picture. In other words, the picture will be copied around the entire border of the document. I looked in Word 2007 'Help' but could not find the info on how to do this, if indeed it is possible. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Joe Hello Joe, if your jpg file is of right dimensions, you can use it as a background image. Therefore you can have it as border as...

Publisher 2007 Color Printing option not enabled
I'm trying to get the best possible printing of my picture on postcards (marketing material). When I upgraded to 2007 the quality improved. I notice that the "Tools", "Commercial Printing Tools" "Colot Printing" option is not enabled. What's it for and why is it not enabled? My printing is very slow with Mail Merge from Excel (55 seconds per page of 4 postcards), but I will post that separately. Thanks. Anyone? "Howard" wrote: > I'm trying to get the best possible printing of my picture on postcards > (marketing material)....

Email reports in 2007
access 2007 on WinXP After reading through numerous posts in this forum, I settled on what appeared to be the closest solution to my issue. The code below is included as the action to perform from a switchboard command button-- it is one continous line. DoCmd.SendObject acReport,"rpt ConfirmationLetter4testing*", acFormatRTF,"ContactNumber",,,"test confirmation",,True Upon executing I immediately get a "error executing command" error message. I have a working report named rpt ConfirmationLetter4testing which is based on a query nam...

How to import OE messages into Outlook 2007
I have a computer with Windows 7. I have a ton of important emails archived to an external hard drive that I would like to import into Outlook 2007. I copied and pasted the .dbx files to a folder on the desktop. However, when I use the import function, I don't know how to get Outlook to point to the files. I have a feeling this can't be done with Windows 7. If it can, please give instructions. If not, is there a way around this? Thanks in advance. "sheana" <sheana@nospam.invalid> wrote in message news:A309D94B-DA35-48D9-99BA-889D0FD59022@microsoft....

I cannot select any text or elements on my page in Publisher 2007
When trying to select text elements and graphic elements on a page of a multi page document, I am unable to select anything although I have been editing the document previously. Can the file be locked in any way You may have a border around the pages that sits in front preventing your selecting the objects. You can send the border to the back. Open the "Graphics Manager" in the Tools menu. Use the drop down to select the pictures. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Bluesea124" <Bluesea124@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1CE9B5A-D171-40B9...

Exhange 2007 UM comparison
Hello all currently we use a product called Televantage for our UM needs. I like the new UM that is now part of Exchange 2007, but i dont know how it stacks up agints Televantage. Below is a quote from a Televantage rep. Please let me know if you agree with this and any comments anyone has that has experience with Exchaneg UM "Microsoft obviously sees the value in the Telecom space and is making an effort to get into the game. Outside of this article they are releasing a Media Server that will provide Presence Management. They have been talking about this at the VoIP shows for ...

Using publisher 2007, how do I reformat a PUB flyer to jpg format
I just started using PUB 2007 and have this question -- pls help. Mny thx, Gil Rosoff, San Mateo, CA File, save as, Files of type, scroll down to the .jpg options. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Gil Rosoff" <Gil Rosoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B70E8398-1BD2-44A2-AF3E-20DB8D7A646C@microsoft.com... >I just started using PUB 2007 and have this question -- pls help. > Mny thx, Gil Rosoff, San Mateo, CA Why use a .jpg? Why not a .pdf? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dum...

Additional info re: Word 2007 will not open files when you double click them
I should have mentioned... I am running XP 32 bit SP3 Neil ...

Exchange 2007: pop3 connector
What can I use best for downloading internet mail that is processed by my Exchange 2007? Thanks On 9 Dec 2006 16:52:38 -0800, "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote: >What can I use best for downloading internet mail that is processed by >my Exchange 2007? >Thanks Well, SMTP direct delivery is best and it's best to deliver it to an Edge Server but if you have no choice but to go with Pop3 then any of the existing connectors are fine, such as POPCON and POPBeamer, because they take the Pop3 and deliver it as SMTP to Exchange. Thank you for the advice. I use a pop c...