Programaticly Backup projects storaged in the Project Server

Hi,

I'm using MS Project 2003, and I'm trying to create a Macro that will backup
to a local folder all the projects that are stored in the Project Server.
Have anyone already done this in the past?

Thanks in advance for you help.

Kind regards,

Bruno Lagos

Only VBA can do this as only VBA can create .mpp files.

Your code needs to read the VIEW_project table in the database to get a list
of all published projects. Use OLEDB to do this.

Then loop thru each record, open the project from project Server, save as
..mpp, close and repeat.

--

Rod Gill
Microsoft MVP for Project

Author of the only book on Project VBA, see:
http://www.projectvbabook.com

"Bruno Lagos" <Bruno Lagos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm using MS Project 2003, and I'm trying to create a Macro that will
> backup
> to a local folder all the projects that are stored in the Project Server.
> Have anyone already done this in the past?
>
> Thanks in advance for you help.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Bruno Lagos

> signature database 4640 (20091126) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4640 (20091126) __________

http://www.eset.com

0
Rod

Looking for help with "440 Posting Not Allowed" server error
Please help anybody . . . I have been able to post messages via microsoft's news server but when I try posting to those same newsgroups via titannews.com (for which I am a paying subscriber) I always get a "440 Posting Not Allowed" server error. This wouldn't have anything to do with needing posting privelages for the newgroup would it? If it's a server error then it's not even getting to the intended newsgroup? Or may this type of error result from other causes? Maybe there's a seasoned news server user who can point me in the right direction for resolving t...

HELP! Where do i find incoming and outgoing server information?
Hi im trying to add my first account to outlook and i get as far as it asking me for server information. Im using an MSN email account but dont kno whwere to find the incoming and out going server information? PLEASE HELP! lizzie 13 <lizzie 13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi im trying to add my first account to outlook and i get as far as > it asking me for server information. Im using an MSN email account > but dont kno whwere to find the incoming and out going server > information? Is this MSN account a POP account (for which MSN would have sent you server det...

Exchange Server 2003 not allowing message forwarding to external e
Using SBS 2003 with Exhcange Server 2003. Using Outlook 2003. Created a rule for forward a copy of all mail to my hotmail account. When I process the rule, the mail is not sent. Wondering if by default Exchange blocks forwarding of mail to external accounts. If so, how can I open this up for a specified address? Yes, Exchange 2003 blocks forwards and replies to the Internet by default. Your Exchange admin is a very wise person to leave it this way. Company mail should never end up in Hotmail, Yahoo! mail, or any ISP mail. Let's not get started on mail loops. --� Milly Staple...

Sharing a money file on a server
Money 2004.... I have my Money file on a shared folder on a server. I have two client computers that I wish to be able to access this file from. I have Money 2004 installed on both clients. The trouble seams to be that if one computer is running the Money fike is locked even if Money 2004 is not running on that computer. Thus the second computer cannot acces the file. Is there a fix for this? Thanks Kevin Maybe. You're lucky you haven't corrupted the file outright. Money was not designed for simultaneous access to the data file from two apps. It can get ugly. Consider yoursel...

Is it Possible to run MOPS2007 with a free SQL Server 2005 ?
Ist it possible to run a Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 with a free SQL Server 2005 - in a farm installation ? The SQL Server and WSS-Project Server are on one maschine - the AD-Controller is another maschine. If you are talking about SQL Express, the answer is yes it will work-but with limited functionality. SQL Express databases are limited to 4gb in size, also you cannot build OLAP cubes for data analysis Hubert K?ppen wrote: Is it Possible to run MOPS2007 with a free SQL Server 2005 ? 29-Nov-09 Ist it possible to run a Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 wit...

Exchange server/OL problem after creating site/subnet
One domain. Total of 5 win 2k DC's in the organization, 2 in the main office, 1 each in the other branch offices. The main office is 10.91.x.x while the branch office is 10.31.x.x, 10.51.x.x, and 10.85.x.x. So far we can't seem to figure out this problem which has happened twice already when we try to do this: In AD sites and services, create a site for one of the branch office, create a subnet associated with that branch office, associate the subnet with the site, move the DC of that branch office to the created site. A few minutes after the above is done, either: 1. People who...

Front-end server matters
I would like to know if a front-end server can "hold" the emails flow in the case of failures for the back-end servers ? Secondo, I'm looking for a "how-to" install doc for a front-end server for an organisation that have an existing Exchange 2003 server running IIS for the OWA service. Thanks On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 13:04:16 -0400, "Gillies" <easternguy@hotmail.com> wrote: > >I would like to know if a front-end server can "hold" the emails flow in the >case of failures for the back-end servers ? > >Secondo, I'm lookin...

UserForm interacting with the Excel sheet saved on a local server
We are 5 people willing to working simultaneous (if possible) on a Excel sheet saved on a local server. I need to type new informations in the worksheet and sometimes to call a UserForm that will compile it and save back the results. I have basic knowledge with VBA, definetly not enough. I would appreciate all the suggestions. Thanks a lot and compile succesfully! http://www.exceladvisor.net/sub/creative/sharing.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP052622941033.aspx http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA010130571033.aspx but, be careful... http://excel.t...

Corrupt MNY file Corrupt Backups
After a system crash and a reinstall I can not open any MNY or backup files. I have run Salvage.exe and was told irrepairable. I can not open the file to do and "import/export" I have ensured they are not read only. I read the public forums but most fixes assume you can open the file or the backup to repair it. Is there anyway other ways to repair my data? Not sounding good here. See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q104. But it sounds like you have exhausted most of your options. But I am kinda mystified why a "system crash" would mung a Money file. Are you sure you h...

Exchange 5.5 and W2003 Server migration
Hello. We are migrating from WNT Server 4.0 to W2003 Server on several geographical sites (one NT domain per site before migrating, one unique domain and several Active Directory sites after), and we've got a problem with Exchange Server 5.5. Here it is... I have a W2003 Server DOMA domain (already migrated), in which I have an Exchange 5.5 server on a W2000 Server, member of DOMA. I had a Windows NT Server 4.0 DOMB domain, approving DOMA. On my Exchange 5.5 server, I have mailboxes that were linked to DOMB users' accounts. In our migration, we are deleting DOMB, and recrea...

Update from subproject to master project
Hello, Project Server 2007 SP2 + dec CU: I have several subprojects (work packages) grouped into one master project. I need that the updates of work-packages are made only by the work-package managers. So if the program manager opens the master project, he is not able to modify any work-package. How is it possible to set this security requirement? Thanks for your help Robert: Unless you make the projects read-only for that user, you cannot do this, as the ability to open and edit in Project is simply that. You get access to everything. There is no way to secure parts...

Access 2007 database hosted on Share Point 2007 server
I would love to see an example of an Access 2007 database hosted on a Share Point 2007 Server. I hear thatyou can actually host the database on the Share Point Server...but I would love to if all of the functionality is truly there, most importantly Forms. If anyone knows of an example that I could check out...that would be FANTASTIC!!! H0MELY, I don't think it is as you envisage. Yes, you can publish an Access 2007 database to a SharePoint site. This makes the application available to anyone who has access to the site. *But*... it is really just stored in a document librar...

exchannge 2003 server on another server
dear all , I have one Server running on windows 2003 server standard with active directory and another new server plan to deply exchange server , my problem is when i install exchange server 2003 , setup /forestprep it unable locate to AD , please help , thank you . Check your DNS settings. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "ys" <ys@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0909D69D-AEE2-41FA-BD45-C96C46DB64B1@microsoft.com... > dear all , > I have one Server running on windows...

Second Exchange server as OWA
Hi. I have at server 2003 with Exchange 2003 SP2. Besides Exchange I use it as DC and for OWA with SSL. Now I have added a new Exchange server. It is a member server. When I move a mailbox to the new server, Outlook works fine and connects to the new server. The OWA on the new server works fine with the mail boks I have moved. But I want to log in to the SSL OWA on the first server. This does not work. I get at "the page can not be displayed" on the url https://mail.mydomain.dk/exchweb/bin/auth/owaauth.dll when I logon with the mailboks I have moved. All other mails bokses ...

Cassini server
From a couple of postings, I have come to know that the sales for outlook works under Cassini web server. Absolutely no idea what it is. Could anyone please explain me as to what Cassini is and how it works? Also, I was surprised to see that the web pages in CRM sales for outlook are published on localhost:2525. But I donot see any virtual directory created under IIS. And finally, supposing if I want to add a custom form in outlook CRM, then what is the process in sales for outlook? Do I need to create a virtual directory for this custom form? Otherwise, how would SFO identify the location ...

Using Outlook BCM on a server
Can I use Outlook BCM in a server (the contact database residing on server) and access that information, add to it seamlessly, etc. Also, can I see all notes (opportunity notes, time/date stamping) in a single screen? I think I posted it in a wrong place. "Yuri" wrote: > Can I use Outlook BCM in a server (the contact database residing on server) > and > access that information, add to it seamlessly, etc. > Also, can I see all notes (opportunity notes, time/date stamping) in a > single screen? "Yuri" <Yuri@discussions.microsoft....

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Server Setup
I am in the process of installing CRM 3.0 and during the server install process I am getting this error message. Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.AddLicenseAction failed. Specified cast is not valid. Abort, Retry, Ignore More info.. After looking in the crm30svrsetup.log I see these entries when the error occurred. 10:37:36| Info| InputResult: Retry 10:37:36|Verbose| Retrieving CUserAuth data ... 10:37:36| Info| User not found, no CUserAuth returned 10:37:36|Verbose| Retrieving SYSTEM CUserAuth data ... 10:37:36| Error| System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.CreateSet...

multiple exchange servers with email routers in one domain
What is best practise in this situation: 3 locations with 3 exchange servers in one domain. Users in 3 locations. Is it posible to install the router 3 times? Do they need to get their mail forwarded to crmmail@domain.com? Or crmmail-1@domain.com crmmail-2@domain.com and crmmail-3@domain.com? Alex. ...

Unique Identification of a database server
Hi All, I'm looking for a unique identification of my MS SSQLServer 2008 R2. The DB_ID() is not enough, because I would like to have a unique number/Id/GUID/MACAddress or similar of my SQLServer. This Id must be unique for each installation. Is such a number available? (In sybase it was @@nodeid) Thanks Marcel schaf (dlocke@mysunrise.ch) writes: > I'm looking for a unique identification of my MS SSQLServer 2008 R2. > The DB_ID() is not enough, because I would like to have a unique > number/Id/GUID/MACAddress or similar of my SQLServer. This Id must be > uni...

Terminal server support
I got a notice from Microsoft support that explained that CRM 3.0 is not supported in a Terminal Server enviroment when roaming profiles is used. (And there is no plans that it will be) Has anyone succesfully deployed the "Microsoft CRM Desktop Client" in a multi TS enviroment using roaming profiles? If so, How? Regards Jakob Hi Jakob, I have sucessfully installed in a TS environment and it has worked fine for many months without issue, but that wasn't using roaming profiles. I installed on the server from the client disk while logged in as the required user. This...

about recovery storage group... and the ntbackup
I am afraid I am in danger.. I am using win2003, I got to restore some deleted email that is in a tape backup. the backup was made by ntbackup but I just found I make the backup wrongly... I only backed up the .edb and .stm under program files/exchange folder, NOT the exchange catalog.. So, what should I do after made a "recovery storage group"? Some guide said I should do a restore with ntbackup to the "original location"... but... in my case... it's the actual file running database location, right? would that just corrupt my running database, which is in producti...

MsExchange 2003 Server problems
Please anyone help me out i'm in a jam.. I installed a server running Windows 2003 server and ontop of that Exchange 2003 server.. I did the automatic updates and I installed Trend Server protect and Trend Scanmail for Exchange... I moved users from Exchange2000 to the new box fine.... All of a sudden now the machine restarts itself atleast once a day and the errors I get in the eventlog are Error initializing session for virtual machine FIJI. The error number is 0x80040111. Make sure Microsoft Exchange Store is running. Then when i restart the box, all the stores mount fine but the actu...

BP & Project Timesheets
This message board has numerous posts on people's frustration wiht approving time in Business Portal for Projects. Many users found employees were submitting multiple timesheets per period. Has anyone found a solutions to this? Additionally, can you force users to submit a timesheet each week? Or force them to add a billing note to each entry? I would like to know what all the time was for in many instances. Thanks Adam Adam, We are working on a similar requirement from our client, drafting various solution options!!!. If you are interested to learn please let me know. MV nj....

The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
Hi, I setup CRM Router on Exchange 2007 server. We are using email forwarding rule for incoming email. For all users and CRM mailbox I am getting this error when I am running test after “Load Data”: Name: CRMSystemMailbox-CRMRouter Incoming Status: Failure - The remote Microsoft Exchange e-mail server returned the error "(401) Unauthorized". Verify that you have permission to connect to the mailbox. The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. What I'm doing wrong? Thanks! This may not apply but it worked for me with Exchange 2003. I had the same error unt...

Frontend Server
Any ideas or best practices for setting up a Frontend Server in Exchange 2003 SP2? Just fishing to hear what other people have to say. Thanks here is front end back end topology guide http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=E64666FC-42B7-48A1-AB85-3C8327D77B70&displaylang=en and exch 2003 client access guide http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb123645(EXCHG.65).aspx -- Dhruv Raj "Nik" wrote: > Any ideas or best practices for setting up a Frontend Server in Exchange > 2003 SP2? > Just fishing to hear what other peop...